Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Det - tor

07-13-2014, 08:38 PM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
I'm intrigued by Kindl for sure.

What's the scouting report on him?
Kindl's upper potential is a 2nd pairing, probably #4 guy who can move the puck decently from the left side on a 2nd PP unit.

He's got a decent pass, decent offensive vision, his defensive positioning is relatively safe, and he's a good skater for his size.

He's fairly large, but doesn't really use his size. Particularly this season, after coming off an injury, he's been very shy of contact, both with and without the puck; his lack of will to engage physically has resulted in some bad moments for Detroit. On the other hand, he doesn't usually cause bad moments when he's moving the puck.

He looked like a decent eating #4 with a bit of offensive upside in the short season, and had a pretty decent playoff. This last season season he was a #5-6.

Offensively, he's one of those guys who may hit 30p on a full season in his strongest year, but will typically be on pace for the mid 20s.

Defensively, his skating is good, reach is good, and his positioning is acceptable for ES, but don't expect him to do much physically or be much of a PKer. Even strength minute eater. I'd say the upside of his position on the Leafs would be "above average and reasonably affordable #5 that can fill in at #4 if someone goes down." His down side is basically a wholly unspectacular and slightly overpaid bottom pair guy (which is closer to what he was last season with Detroit, outside of an acceptable PPG).

I'm also very interested in what the cost of Riley Sheahan would be. I know he was a 1st round pick, but what is the potential with that guy?
Tinky Winky's upside is a large, 2nd line 2 way center. Think a slightly more passing oriented Mike Fisher. Otherwise, he should do quite well in a #3 role.

The cost would be very unattractive. The Wings are very thin at young and NHL ready centers, so his value to them is likely more than what another team should pay with any amount of sanity.

Mantha Poodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
07-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Bobs Yummy Burgers!
Don't want Kindl, just give us a pick.

FishManSam is offline   Reply With Quote
07-13-2014, 09:17 PM
I'd ideally like a 2nd or smith. Kindl is not that appealing. I do see franson as an option for Detroit, I know holland still wants a right shot

WTFMAN99 is offline   Reply With Quote
07-13-2014, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by DirtyDangler 91 View Post
Cody Franson

Jakub Kindl

Maybe a small plus from Detroit?
Done deal.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
07-13-2014, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by TorontoTrades View Post
If you're expecting a bottom pair guy with some PP value then Franson is a good option... he gets a lot of hate and played soft this season which made him worse.

I would do this as a leaf fan

wings95 is offline   Reply With Quote
07-13-2014, 10:15 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi
I would do this deal. Kindl really needs a fresh start, one of his largest problems really is it seems him and Babcock don't get along at all.

I don't think he is as bad as a lot of Wings fans believe, but it is troubling the way he played in every year except the you play well or you're not getting an NHL contract. Outside of that he is never physical enough which is bothersome, he knew he needed it got his extension and took that element out for the most part. I think he would be best served getting a fresh start somewhere else.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
07-13-2014, 10:41 PM
We could do a pick instead but it would not be a 2nd. That is unless you're ok with 2016

BamaWing is offline   Reply With Quote