HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

TO has Lupul+Gardiner+Franson+Reimer. Does anyone want them?

Old
07-14-2014, 12:39 AM
GenericFan2*

vCash: 500
What's worse than Leafs constantly giving Franson hell is that....well, other teams actually take our word for it

Leafs fans call Franson:

Soft: lead the LEAGUE in hits, was our strongest defenseman down low, and also our biggest.

Slow: justified, although he is still young and this can be fixed with time and effort; it's not as if he's lazy, he just has slow feet.

Bad defensively: in 2012/13, he and Fraser were our best pairing defensively, now he is considered abysmal. His positioning needs work, but so does the rest of our team, he is a product of a flawed system and overall inept back end.

What about his offense? Fran is honestly one of the more lethal offensive D's on this team. The guy put up something like 29 points in 44 games and dominated in the playoff series vs Boston. His size combined with offensive flair is EXTREMELY rare in this league, add to that his willingness to hit and clear the net? That more than makes up for his defensive short-comings. He needs another chance, which he will get, and people will be back on his bandwaggon.

It's just typical with Leaf nation.

GenericFan2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 12:41 AM
Jot
P.Kane = Kessel

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
We got rid of Gunnarsson so Leafs can play Gardiner more. I thought that was obvious this offseason.
Caryle is our coach. Its not obvious at all that Gardiner will play top pairing, or even middle pairing.

Us fans want to see a Gardiner-Phaneuf pairing, but i fully expect to see a Gardiner-Franson pairing.

Jot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 12:42 AM
GenericFan2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jot View Post
Caryle is our coach. Its not obvious at all that Gardiner will play top pairing, or even middle pairing.

Us fans want to see a Gardiner-Phaneuf pairing, but i fully expect to see a Gardiner-Franson pairing.
Carlyle has openly stated he is a big fan of Gardiner.

Old
07-14-2014, 12:42 AM
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.

Quote:

I think you need to research how much Carlyle played Gardiner last season.

Hint: It was more than anyone not named Phaneuf. (ie. Kessel, JVR, Gunnarsson, etc.)

A1LeafNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 12:51 AM
gumption

Send a message via Skype™ to gumption
wouldn't mind reimer on the blues. don't know what we'd offer you, though. maybe ty rattie? i doubt it, but who knows.

gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 12:54 AM
GenericFan2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumption View Post
wouldn't mind reimer on the blues. don't know what we'd offer you, though. maybe ty rattie? i doubt it, but who knows.
....deal lol.

Old
07-14-2014, 12:57 AM
Jot
P.Kane = Kessel

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
I think you need to research how much Carlyle played Gardiner last season.

Hint: It was more than anyone not named Phaneuf. (ie. Kessel, JVR, Gunnarsson, etc.)
Been there done that, our rookie Rielly has a higher quality of competition rating than Gardiner.

What does that say about Carlyle's usage of him? Gardiner saw 1 or 2 games on the top pairing with Gunnarsson as a partner, i remember him being a minus player in the stretch.

Right now, specifically relative to the leafs, his minutes are easy. He has shown the ability to drive possession and even be dominant, but all this is against easier matchups.

Old
07-14-2014, 12:57 AM
gumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorNsh View Post
....deal lol.
honestly, i have my doubts about the blues tandem (elliott + allen), and i've heard reimer is an excellent goalie. not sure if he'd enjoying fighting for the #1 spot with allen though.

i can't see rattie ever making the rounds here in st. louis. don't know why, i just can't feel it. or maybe if you wanted a defenseman we got leopold.

or you can take berglund off our hands. :-)

Old
07-14-2014, 12:59 AM
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.

Quote:
Been there done that, our rookie Rielly has a higher quality of competition rating than Gardiner.

What does that say about Carlyle's usage of him? Gardiner saw 1 or 2 games on the top pairing with Gunnarsson as a partner, i remember him being a minus player in the stretch.
Rielly was a rookie this past season, right?

A1LeafNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 01:04 AM
Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
No to the Gardiner proposal. Yes to the Franson proposal.

**** no! Horrible overpayment for a player we don't need.
Really, what would be wrong with your top two lines being:
Kessel, Bozak, JVR
Lupul, Kadri, Kane
Bottom two being:
Komarov, Santorelli, Clarkson
Frattin, Kontiola, Bodie

Last edited by Ripper: 07-14-2014 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Spelling
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 01:11 AM
Jot
P.Kane = Kessel

Quote:
honestly, i have my doubts about the blues tandem (elliott + allen), and i've heard reimer is an excellent goalie. not sure if he'd enjoying fighting for the #1 spot with allen though.

i can't see rattie ever making the rounds here in st. louis. don't know why, i just can't feel it. or maybe if you wanted a defenseman we got leopold.

or you can take berglund off our hands. :-)
If you get Reimer from the 2012/2013 season, youll win the trade hands down. Dude was our MvP that season.

If you get Reimer from 2013/2014 season, well then you just traded away a good winger prospect for a solid/good backup goalie.

Old
07-14-2014, 01:13 AM
Diatomic
~~~ NAZEM KADRI ~~~

Quote:
Easy yes from the leafs

Diatomic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 01:16 AM
gumption

Quote:
If you get Reimer from the 2012/2013 season, youll win the trade hands down. Dude was our MvP that season.

If you get Reimer from 2013/2014 season, well then you just traded away a good winger prospect for a solid/good backup goalie.
i'd be willing to take kadri tho. i'm envious. not sure how much toronto would want for him, though.

Old
07-14-2014, 01:19 AM
gumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatomic View Post
Easy yes from the leafs
nice.... would toronto be able to utilize paajarvi?

Old
07-14-2014, 01:20 AM
leafs nation27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Really, what would be wrong with your top two lines being:
Kessel, Bozak, JVR
Lupul, Kadri, Kane
Bottom two being:
Komarov, Santorelli, Clarkson
Frattin, Kontiola, Bodie
All you would have to do is trade kadri straight up and keep the other stuff .......Kane is good but not elite and could be a distraction in the biggest and best hockey market in the world.

leafs nation27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 01:27 AM
leafs nation27*

Quote:
Your a more than reasonable person to talk trade proposals with .

You could have reimer , ashton , and a third for berglund

Or reimer and third for ty rattie .

Reimer will be an excellent goalie with one of the best nhl defenses infront of him . The problem with
him is his rebound control and his glove hand . These past two years reimer has shown signs of improving both .

Old
07-14-2014, 01:28 AM
Drury_Sakic

Avs:
Lupal
Gardiner
Leafs 1st Round Pick 2015 (top 5 protected)

Leafs:
O'Reilly
Wilson
Elliott
Avs 2nd Round Pick 2015

Avs pick up an offensive replacement for O'Reilly to ride shotgun with Duchene or Mac and a young lefty D man who is NHL ready with top pairing potential. Pick swap is required to balance out the deal.

Leafs have options with O'Reilly, either playing him as the 2nd line center or pairing him with Kadri on the 2nd line on the wing. Wilson is a fiscal salary dump by the Avs and is probably partially buried by the Leafs in the AHL. Elliott is in need of a change if he is going to make the NHL, is still a decent prospect.

Drury_Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 01:31 AM
leafs nation27*

Quote:
i'd be willing to take kadri tho. i'm envious. not sure how much toronto would want for him, though.
Would kadri + leivo + 2nd in 16 + reimer get shatenkirk be fair

Old
07-14-2014, 01:34 AM
gumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL FAN27 View Post
i think the blues would jump at that deal. we'd need to clear up some cap, though. not sure how much their salaries would equal up to shattenkirk's, though. but i'm all for kadri.

Old
07-14-2014, 01:39 AM
gumption

Quote:
Your a more than reasonable person to talk trade proposals with .

You could have reimer , ashton , and a third for berglund

Or reimer and third for ty rattie .

Reimer will be an excellent goalie with one of the best nhl defenses infront of him . The problem with
him is his rebound control and his glove hand . These past two years reimer has shown signs of improving both .
i'd trade berglund for anything at this point. i think the first offer though would be slight overpayment on toronto's side. i don't know how much ashton is worth, but he doesn't seem to produce much points.

if you're interested in a defenseman, maybe jani hakanpaa? guy's a mini chara. 6'6, and tough. one of our top prospects. played with our farm team last season.

Old
07-14-2014, 01:44 AM
leafs nation27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic View Post
Avs:
Lupal
Gardiner
Leafs 1st Round Pick 2015 (top 5 protected)

Leafs:
O'Reilly
Wilson
Elliott
Avs 2nd Round Pick 2015

Avs pick up an offensive replacement for O'Reilly to ride shotgun with Duchene or Mac and a young lefty D man who is NHL ready with top pairing potential. Pick swap is required to balance out the deal.

Leafs have options with O'Reilly, either playing him as the 2nd line center or pairing him with Kadri on the 2nd line on the wing. Wilson is a fiscal salary dump by the Avs and is probably partially buried by the Leafs in the AHL. Elliott is in need of a change if he is going to make the NHL, is still a decent prospect.
Lol thats pretty bad . A guy who is going to play top pairing minutes for us on defense . A border line 1st line sniper that is a 30 goal scorer and a high first for a 1st \ 2nd line center that is good defensivly , a botom pairing guy who we dont need , a decent defense prospect and a second . Lol in your dreams . :h elp::hel p:

Old
07-14-2014, 01:51 AM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 72
Quote:
Way to pricey for the Leafs.

Cor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 01:52 AM
leafs nation27*

Quote:
i'd trade berglund for anything at this point. i think the first offer though would be slight overpayment on toronto's side. i don't know how much ashton is worth, but he doesn't seem to produce much points.

if you're interested in a defenseman, maybe jani hakanpaa? guy's a mini chara. 6'6, and tough. one of our top prospects. played with our farm team last season.
I will take him , what do you want for him .

Old
07-14-2014, 01:56 AM
leafs nation27*

Quote:
i think the blues would jump at that deal. we'd need to clear up some cap, though. not sure how much their salaries would equal up to shattenkirk's, though. but i'm all for kadri.
We will be taking salary . Kadri has his contract expire next year also so take that into consideration also .

Old
07-14-2014, 01:59 AM
leafs nation27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor View Post
Way to pricey for the Leafs.
I think that is a fair trade . Shatenkirk is a number two that can devolop into a # 1 . He made the us national team and will make the leafs d core very solid and not a weakness.