HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bos - Calgary

Old
07-14-2014, 06:16 PM
YP44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
.... Usually Calgary gets screwed over in the trade proposals... I'd take this and run... Run and never look back.

In all seriousness, Boston is getting hosed. If you want to get rid of Boychuk that bad, we will at least give you something decent.

Glencross

Boychuk

Glencross is one of those natural scorers, and has a pretty good contract too (2.5m).
Why get rid of Glencross. I know Calgary has a let of LW, but he is a good fit long term in Calgary, and I think there is a good chacne he re-signs

Last edited by YP44: 07-14-2014 at 06:21 PM. Reason: ********ing key board
YP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 06:17 PM
Kiss My Rask
Enforce Boston

Hand in your Bruins fan card. We just got hosed

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 08:39 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Why get rid of Glencross. I know Calgary has a let of LW, but he is a good fit long term in Calgary, and I think there is a good chacne he re-signs
Plus if he has a decent season and we trade him at the deadline he probably gets us a good draft pick and a good prospect. No insult to JB, but I don't think its a good idea for the Flames to trade assets to a guy that could be gone before the rebuild is complete.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 08:46 PM
ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Quote:
Originally Posted by iReckless View Post
Trade Boychuk and Kelly to Flames for Bollig. This trade will give us cap space to fill out the rest of the roster as well as a player that has playoff experience and is a top 4th liner in the league. The Flames also benefit with two proven veterans for there young team to learn from and they still would have 13 Mill in cap space.

You should not make trade proposals. That is Terrible for the Bruins.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 09:07 PM
agreen36
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iReckless View Post
Trade Boychuk and Kelly to Flames for Bollig. This trade will give us cap space to fill out the rest of the roster as well as a player that has playoff experience and is a top 4th liner in the league. The Flames also benefit with two proven veterans for there young team to learn from and they still would have 13 Mill in cap space.
You want to trade a guy who played #2-3 pairing D on one of the best NHL teams in the league for a ****ing 4th line player. And then we add Kelly.

**** no.

agreen36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 09:47 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
I definitely would do this then:

Wideman (50% retained)
Glencross

Boychuk
Kelly
Ferlin

Wideman slots in as the top 4 D with Seidenberg. As far as I remember, Seidenberg is a pretty defensive guy, Wideman would be the offensive-minded player.
Bruins can't trade Boychuk. it would create a hole on the top 4.

Glencross is in his final year and has been often injured. The Flames won't make the playoffs with or without Glencross and with or without Boychuk.

I think a package of McQuaid,Bartkowski and Spooner was more than reasonable. Spooner would be in the NHL if he wasn't on the Bruins. Bruins are very deep at center with Krejci,Bergeron,Soderberg,Kelly,Campbell,Spooner and Kokolachev..

I like that you asked for Ferlin, i think he has the makings of a good power forward in the next couple of years.

And i have to agree with the others wanting no part of Wideman...lol.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 10:46 PM
chubeyr

I am a Calgary Fan and by the sounds of some of you Bruins Fans I definitely want to trade with your team lol!

Calgary does offer cap relief and it will to be cheap. Wideman wont be traded, too big a cap hit that your team cant afford and our team cant afford to lose. I also must mention I like A HEALTHY Dennis Wideman. Start of the season last year the guy was great, ate huge icetime and was hitting everything in sight. I thought he was playing awesome. Then he got hurt, hurt again, and then looked terrible which I will fully admit. People can argue but moral of the story is he is not getting traded to Boston for cap reasons on both teams.

Honestly don't see a trade happening with the Flames in the near future with any team. Our management is pig headed in regards to cap dumps, yet a second later pay 3 million for a 1 million dollar player lol! Whatcha gonna do?

Team values prospects too. Doubt we make any moves all year long. Sucks for fans, cause we all like trades, Calgary just has to wait a few years for the prospects to develop. I am willing to wait.

Yet if Boston wants to give players away for nothing? Hey we will listen!

chubeyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 11:58 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Instead of getting fixated on Boychuck, why not this:

Bollig for Kelly + Boston's 2nd round pick in 2015

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 12:04 AM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubeyr View Post
I am a Calgary Fan and by the sounds of some of you Bruins Fans I definitely want to trade with your team lol!

Calgary does offer cap relief and it will to be cheap. Wideman wont be traded, too big a cap hit that your team cant afford and our team cant afford to lose. I also must mention I like A HEALTHY Dennis Wideman. Start of the season last year the guy was great, ate huge icetime and was hitting everything in sight. I thought he was playing awesome. Then he got hurt, hurt again, and then looked terrible which I will fully admit. People can argue but moral of the story is he is not getting traded to Boston for cap reasons on both teams.

Honestly don't see a trade happening with the Flames in the near future with any team. Our management is pig headed in regards to cap dumps, yet a second later pay 3 million for a 1 million dollar player lol! Whatcha gonna do?

Team values prospects too. Doubt we make any moves all year long. Sucks for fans, cause we all like trades, Calgary just has to wait a few years for the prospects to develop. I am willing to wait.

Yet if Boston wants to give players away for nothing? Hey we will listen!
Chris Kelly for future considerations. Done.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 01:33 AM
DropIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
Chris Kelly for future considerations. Done.
Why would Calgary just take on all that trash contract for nothing?

you can give us a top 60 pick for that contract or hang on to a 3+ million dollar 4th liner for the next 2 years

DropIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 01:35 AM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
Why would Calgary just take on all that trash contract for nothing?

you can give us a top 60 pick for that contract or hang on to a 3+ million dollar 4th liner for the next 2 years
Kelly is an excellent 3rd line center who's an elite PKer. He's a terrific leader too.

Bruins fans just want him gone because center depth is a strength in our organization and we need cap space. Kelly is far from a "3+ million dollar 4th liner".

Op is ridiculous. More than half of the teams in the league are always looking for a defenseman like Boychuk. Physical, bomb of a slapshot, steady defensively, clutch.... The perfect #3.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 01:46 AM
DropIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
Kelly is an excellent 3rd line center who's an elite PKer. He's a terrific leader too.

Bruins fans just want him gone because center depth is a strength in our organization and we need cap space. Kelly is far from a "3+ million dollar 4th liner".

Op is ridiculous. More than half of the teams in the league are always looking for a defenseman like Boychuk. Physical, bomb of a slapshot, steady defensively, clutch.... The perfect #3.
Awesome.

Now consider that Matt Stajan has been playing Calgary's #3 center and put up almost twice as many points as Kelly in pretty much as many games for a whopping 125K more than Kelly did.

Chris Kelly may have tangibles and a good attitude, but that doesnt deter from the fact that he is richly overpaid and not worth the price to anyone unless they are desperate to reach the cap floor. Stajan is a much better 3rd line C than Kelly is.

Old
07-15-2014, 02:56 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post

Calling Kelly a 4th line center is an overstatement. Calling him an excellent 3rd line center is an overstatement. He's an average 3rd line center on the decline. We already have a slightly better version of him in stajan not to mention 3 3rd line centers in Arnold, reinhart and knight coming. We have no need for Kelly so for us he's a cap dump. Guys like Backlund, Nielsen and hanzal are excellent 3rd line centers. Not guys like stajan and Kelly.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 05:16 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Calling Kelly a 4th line center is an overstatement. Calling him an excellent 3rd line center is an overstatement. He's an average 3rd line center on the decline. We already have a slightly better version of him in stajan not to mention 3 3rd line centers in Arnold, reinhart and knight coming. We have no need for Kelly so for us he's a cap dump. Guys like Backlund, Nielsen and hanzal are excellent 3rd line centers. Not guys like stajan and Kelly.
Did you know that Stajan plays more minutes for the Flames than any Bruin forward except David Krejci plays for the Bruins? Stajan is not playing average 3rd line minutes, he is playing 1st or 2nd line minutes.

Last edited by nmbr_24: 07-15-2014 at 06:02 AM.
nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 07:01 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
This is a terrible deal for the Bruins. Boychuk is worth so much more than that. If they wanted to move Boychuk without taking an NHL salary back there would be teams falling all over each other trying to trade picks and prospects for him.
This.

When you have decent players on decent contracts, you can get back full value even if you need to create cap space.

As long as a number of teams want your player, his value does not decrease even if you need cap space.

Boychuck/Kelly could be moved for decent draft picks of some sort.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 08:43 AM
DaStinger
Coaching Vacancy

vCash: 477
Send a message via MSN to DaStinger
yuck... no. bad trade.

DaStinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 10:39 AM
ForeverFlameFan
Go Flames Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Plenty of younger LW's knocking on the door. Trade him while he still has high value (especially with that contract). If he wants to resign here int he offseason, sure, come on back.

ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 10:52 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Did you know that Stajan plays more minutes for the Flames than any Bruin forward except David Krejci plays for the Bruins? Stajan is not playing average 3rd line minutes, he is playing 1st or 2nd line minutes.
But why let facts and reality get in the way? That doesn't help his argument at all

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 11:46 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
But why let facts and reality get in the way? That doesn't help his argument at all
That's the truth.

Kelly isn't the best player, he isn't the worst either, but he is a great leader according to everyone and he is a great penalty killer and he can score 15 goals a year from the 3rd line. Maybe some years more and some years less, but if he doesn't break a bone or something that is pretty close to what he has been.

He would help a good many teams including a team like the Flames that has to rely on players like Stajan to play so many minutes. He could also be had for pretty much nothing. I just don't see how that is a bad deal for a team like Calgary.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 12:01 PM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
That's the truth.

Kelly isn't the best player, he isn't the worst either, but he is a great leader according to everyone and he is a great penalty killer and he can score 15 goals a year from the 3rd line. Maybe some years more and some years less, but if he doesn't break a bone or something that is pretty close to what he has been.

He would help a good many teams including a team like the Flames that has to rely on players like Stajan to play so many minutes. He could also be had for pretty much nothing. I just don't see how that is a bad deal for a team like Calgary.
The Flames just don't need him. They're nowhere near competitive, and they have a glut of guys who can play in their bottom 6. The last thing they need is to add another bottom 6 forward for no reason.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 12:36 PM
DropIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
If you would like facts and reality, you could maybe look at the entire span of the season. Stajan started the year out playing top line minutes and got sub-planted by Backlund and then later on he split duties with Monahan, that ups his TOI average.
After the new year, Stajan's average TOI/G dropped down to about 2-3 minutes above that of Kelly.

It also doesnt deter from the fact that Stajan is our 3rd line Center, Stajan is much better than Kelly, Kelly is a cap boat anchor and you would have to pay to move him out.

Old
07-15-2014, 02:15 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
If you would like facts and reality, you could maybe look at the entire span of the season. Stajan started the year out playing top line minutes and got sub-planted by Backlund and then later on he split duties with Monahan, that ups his TOI average.
After the new year, Stajan's average TOI/G dropped down to about 2-3 minutes above that of Kelly.

It also doesnt deter from the fact that Stajan is our 3rd line Center, Stajan is much better than Kelly, Kelly is a cap boat anchor and you would have to pay to move him out.
So your saying my statement is correct? In your own words you illustrate that even once Stajan is relegated to third line minutes he still averages more than 2 to 3 minutes of ice time per game. That works out to an additional 164 to 246 more minutes on the ice for Stajan over the course of a season and that's not including the extra ice time he has on the top lines. Kelly gets no pp time and a lot of pk time which doesn't really lend itself to extra scoring chances. Listen Calgary may not have a need for him and that's fair to say. But to say Stajan is so clearly a better option than Kelly is just purely false. You refer to Kelly as a cap boat anchor but in many people's opinions Kelly surely is the better player which with Stajan making more money would make him less valuable than said anchor. Kelly is the guy Bruins fans key in on as a guy we'd be willing to move because we can afford to lose him because of our depth down the middle. B's brass love him and his leadership so IMO I don't think he's even on the market thus the ntc.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 02:22 PM
Oates2Neely

Kelly >> Stajan

I wouldn't trade Kelly for Stajan

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 03:07 PM
wintersej
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Instead of getting fixated on Boychuck, why not this:

Bollig for Kelly + Boston's 2nd round pick in 2015
This.

wintersej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 03:10 PM
THall4

If Boston was to contemplate that ...Oilers up that by offering 2nd round pick for Boychuk and Kelly.

Oilers 2nd round >>>>>> Bollig

THall4 is offline   Reply With Quote