Closed Thread

Old
07-26-2014, 12:48 PM
Guilty Party
HealthyScratch 4lyfe

vCash: 155
http://www.eliteprospects.com/draft_...hp?TeamID=9966

It's all our draft picks.
Just chucking this here for a reference link.
As you were.

*note to self* part X, post 101.
Shouldn't be too hard to remember. Just like not walking into a post on a sidewalk.

Last edited by Guilty Party: 07-26-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old
07-26-2014, 12:53 PM
jetkarma*

vCash: 500
One thing some of the detractors either don't think is relevant or dismiss is that we were in such a deficit . They say we are planning to out draft all teams , other wise that methodology isn't one that will be conducive to becoming better.

I think it is important to note that until we reach a certain level , get our head above water , we can't manage the team in the same way others manage theirs.

Sure other teams are also drafting and developing , some are doing it well , some not so much . We may not be better than ALL , but we could be better than a lot , and if that is the case we can build our asset base to at least be on par with with the mid tier teams and not be in the bottom 5.

Once we have done this and we see signs that we are a year ( or so ) from realizing roster impact for secondary prospects , bottom half or third of the roster players , then we have filled the void that we inherited. Which will allow us more flexibility and freedom to manipulate the roster and player depth in ways we don't have that luxury at this time , imo .

The Jets needed to get up to a certain level and we are just about there , finally. I think this was imperative to the building for the future plan that we were all told was going to happen . From that point , we should expect to see some trades , the kind lots of fans are saying should have happened , of course then we also will be in more of of a control situation to make trades in our favour and not just make them to appease the crying crowd.

Old
07-26-2014, 01:26 PM
bigplay41*

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41*
So lets say Hypothetically the Jets were able to land the #1 pick and they decided to draft the bigger stronger Jack Eichel what would you guys think? IMO i think they are neck and neck

Old
07-26-2014, 04:10 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
One thing some of the detractors either don't think is relevant or dismiss is that we were in such a deficit . They say we are planning to out draft all teams , other wise that methodology isn't one that will be conducive to becoming better. .....

From that point , we should expect to see some trades , the kind lots of fans are saying should have happened , of course then we also will be in more of of a control situation to make trades in our favour and not just make them to appease the crying crowd.
I"ve said this before.

If we truly were in such a hole then our inability to turn expiring assets into more picks needs to be viewed as a very serious failure.

You can't have one without the other.

I firmly believe the "holes" left by moving such players could have been filled in house with minimal setbacks to the performance during the season.

Old
07-26-2014, 10:35 PM
uTurris
We the True North

I'm going to try and compare the prospects:

Hellebuyck - Cory Schneider
Comrie - Martin Brodeur
Ehlers - Patrick Kane
Petan - Hard one, but I'm going to go with Tavares since he has that really great hockey sense.
Kosmachuk - Radim Vrbata
Morrissey - Ryan Suter
Trouba (Kinda still counts) - I wanna say Lidstrom, but doubt he'll ever be as good as him.
Kichton - Mark Streit

Some may look a bit far-fetched, but its the closest playing style I noticed in them.

Old
07-26-2014, 10:39 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

In all this Ehlers craze, I had actually forgotten what a magnificent draft+1 season Morrissey had.

Old
07-26-2014, 10:49 PM
pucka lucka

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cheifele5 View Post
I'm going to try and compare the prospects:

Hellebuyck - Cory Schneider
Comrie - Martin Brodeur
Ehlers - Patrick Kane
Petan - Hard one, but I'm going to go with Tavares since he has that really great hockey sense.
Kosmachuk - Radim Vrbata
Morrissey - Ryan Suter
Trouba (Kinda still counts) - I wanna say Lidstrom, but doubt he'll ever be as good as him.
Kichton - Mark Streit

Some may look a bit far-fetched, but its the closest playing style I noticed in them.
Trouba plays like Lidstrom? How about not at all. Comrie plays nothing like Brodeur. Hellebuyck plays nothing like Schneider. Morrissey like Suter?

Old
07-26-2014, 11:18 PM
uTurris
We the True North

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahdupah View Post
Trouba plays like Lidstrom? How about not at all. Comrie plays nothing like Brodeur. Hellebuyck plays nothing like Schneider. Morrissey like Suter?
Comrie is basic and Hellebuyck is very butterfly-like of a goalie like Schneider. Morrissey and Suter is the closest thing I can find to compare, like Lidstrom and Trouba. Not saying they're them or 100% them, its just the closest I can find or see.

Old
07-26-2014, 11:25 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cheifele5 View Post
Comrie is basic and Hellebuyck is very butterfly-like of a goalie like Schneider. Morrissey and Suter is the closest thing I can find to compare, like Lidstrom and Trouba. Not saying they're them or 100% them, its just the closest I can find or see.
Then your not looking very hard.

Suter is almost the opposite of Morrissey. Morrissey uses his skating and likes to play physical. Suter is all about positioning and calmness.

Trouba is a physical guy that likes to take chances. Lidstrom never through a hit in his life, depended on positioning and was super safe. Nothing at all alike.

Brodeur was one of the last standup guys in the NHL. Comrie is not.

Kosmachuk is a sniper with a little bit of an edge. Vrbata is a skater with good hands. Nope.

Sorry but these "comparisons" are horrendous.

Old
07-27-2014, 12:05 AM
GGSmitty

IMO

Morrissey = D. Keith
Petan = T. Ennis
Trouba = S. Webber

Old
07-27-2014, 01:03 AM
uTurris
We the True North

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGSmitty View Post
IMO

Morrissey = D. Keith
Petan = T. Ennis
Trouba = S. Webber
A little more accurate, but Ennis is a tad more different than Petan, still think Petan is way better than Ennis was at his age. Trouba is a little more offensive and has better vision than Shea Weber, only similarities is a bit of the hitting, don't think his slapshot is as strong. Keith is more accurate for Morrisset, should've thought of him.

Old
07-27-2014, 01:12 AM
Guilty Party
HealthyScratch 4lyfe

vCash: 155
What are the chances Brenden Kichton can crack the lineup and maybe replace a RHD like Postma the year after next?
All this guy does is consistently put up points.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=32763

I get that he didn't sign with the islanders and went back into the draft, but how was it he was passed over and over and we landed him in the 7th round?
A WHL defensmen of the year, a team captain on Spokane plus a ****-tonne of points. What's hindering this guy from breaking through, or why did teams pass on him? Is his defensive game that lacking?

Old
07-27-2014, 02:07 AM
jetkarma*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
I"ve said this before.

If we truly were in such a hole then our inability to turn expiring assets into more picks needs to be viewed as a very serious failure.

You can't have one without the other.

I firmly believe the "holes" left by moving such players could have been filled in house with minimal setbacks to the performance during the season.
There was no "if" . Because we were, the expiring non assets weren't in demand by other teams . Again , look at the frenzy they caused , how other teams prioritized signing them , and to large dollar and term contracts . Much ado about nothing , really , people are making that out to be significant when it was simply virtually unwanted players that didn't cause any stampede by other teams to secure them .

Old
07-27-2014, 09:08 AM
Aavco Cup

vCash: 300
With the puck Trouba reminds me of a right handed Phil Housley. Carrying the puck out of the zone up the ice, it's uncanny how similar they look.

Old
07-27-2014, 09:28 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahdupah View Post
Agreed. Those are some pretty lofty expectations with playing styles that are not at all alike.

If anything,

Trouba reminds me of Blake if he can round out his game on the defensive side.

Morrissey is similar to Brian Campbell.

Petan always reminds me of Ray Whitney.

I see Kosmachuk being a Mike Keane type player with maybe better sniping ability.

Not going to comment on the goalies because they are tough enough to gauge as is never mind what they'd be like when fully developed.

Old
07-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Mortimer Snerd

vCash: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
With the puck Trouba reminds me of a right handed Phil Housley. Carrying the puck out of the zone up the ice, it's uncanny how similar they look.
Now there is an apt comparison. Very similar styles I think except that Trouba has far more "truculence".

Old
07-27-2014, 11:14 AM
Koonta
The Boss Wears White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
Now there is an apt comparison. Very similar styles I think except that Trouba has far more "truculence".
Yeah, but did Trouba almost punch out his GM like Phil Housley did?

Old
07-27-2014, 12:19 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Trouba sometimes reminds me of Buff

Old
07-27-2014, 12:27 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Yep. He definitely have his moments when he looks very Buff-ish.

Which, obviously, is both good and bad. And seeing how he's 19, his bad Buff tendencies can still be corrected.

Old
07-27-2014, 12:47 PM
allan5oh
Has prospect fever

vCash: 82
The thread in the prospect forum got me thinking. It is about which prospects out of a list will have a trial, and whoch will stick. Morrisseys name came up. What if we just place clitsome on ir so Morrissey can play and we don't have to expose someone to waivers? Who says he will be ready?

Old
07-27-2014, 12:54 PM
ps241
Playoff push 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
Yep. He definitely have his moments when he looks very Buff-ish.

Which, obviously, is both good and bad. And seeing how he's 19, his bad Buff tendencies can still be corrected.
Yea Jacob is really aggressive like Buff, I am really curious to see how Jacob's game evolves over the next few seasons.

Old
07-27-2014, 01:05 PM
CorgisPer60
Barking at the net

vCash: 279
Heh. Ehlers just favourited a tweet of mine that said 'I hope your dad whips your ass hard. You need to be in game shape for training camp'.

Old
07-27-2014, 01:07 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Heh. Ehlers just favourited a tweet of mine that said 'I hope your dad whips your ass hard. You need to be in game shape for training camp'.
Kinda puts that leather he's wearing in ps241's avatar in another light, doesn't it?

Old
07-27-2014, 01:29 PM
Mortimer Snerd

vCash: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koonta View Post
Yeah, but did Trouba almost punch out his GM like Phil Housley did?
Give him time, he's only 19!

Old
07-27-2014, 01:45 PM
jetkarma*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Hebegan to favourite tweets fro me before the draft. Kind of made think he had some indication the Jets were serious about him. Since the draft he seems to follow regularly.

Closed Thread