HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Some questions about the Preds...

Closed Thread

Old
09-17-2005, 12:18 PM
CaptainShark

vCash: 500
Some questions about the Preds...

1. Can someone please give me the Preds lineup from 03-04? How Did the lines and D-Pairings look on most nights?

2. Can someone tell me what lines to expect for the coming season?

3. Which rookies do you expect to make the team? Does Radulov have a shot?

Thanx in advance!

Old
09-17-2005, 12:37 PM
vopatsrash

1) from the preds website...
The closing playoff game vs Detroit on April 17, 2004:
Defensemen: Brad Bombardir, Mark Eaton, Dan Hamhuis, Shane Hnidy, Kimmo Timonen, and Jason York

Forwards: Martin Erat, Adam Hall, Scott Hartnell, Andreas Johansson, Greg Johnson, David Legwand, Vladimir Orszagh, Jeremy Stevenson, Steve Sullivan, Jordin Tootoo, Scott Walker, and Sergei Zholtok

Goaltenders: Tomas Vokoun, Chris Mason

I can't remember the specific lines because it's been so long and Trotz did a lot of maneuvering down the stretch to squeeze out more goals, so there was a lot of mix and match, for instance johansson and hall were in and out of center.

2) trotz is being very non-commital about his lines right now, but expect in the ballpark of...
Kariya, Legwand, Walker
Hartnell, Beech/Robitaille, Sullivan
Erat, Johnson, Hall
Hordichuk/Stevenson, Nichol, Tootoo/Stevenson

Timonen/Markov
Hamhuis/Zidlicky
Eaton/Suter

With Jamie Allison and one of Stevenson/Hordichuk/Tootoo being healthy scratches depending on the circumstance.

3) While Radulov has been pretty eye-opening in camp, there is no rush and you can expect him to be in juniors again this season. Barring injury or a complete pre-season meltdown, Ryan Suter should make the team. Most likely, that will be the only rookie, unless...

-If Beech/Robitaille are so horrible that they decide to move Hall to center, then there will be a battle between Upshall, Gamache, Pivko, and Shishkanov for a winger job.
-any of those guys are in the mix if someone gets injured.
-any of those guys could be in the mix if Tootoo doesn't make the 4th line and/or they decide they would rather have some skill there.
-any of those guys would be in the mix if Trotz somehow decides Erat is in his doghouse.

I'd rank those 4 scenarios in the realm of unlikely (except for the injury part). I'd be really surprised to see a rookie playing sporadically here vs. playing a lot in milwaukee or juniors.

Old
09-17-2005, 01:33 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

To be fair: Our defense core was really bad at some points last year featuring Robert Schnabel, Wade Brookbank (as a contributing member mind you), and everyone else was basically learning on the fly save for Timonen. York was out due to injury for a bunch of games as well,

Anyone remember the Isles game (the one Tootoo knocked Martinek out), Brookbank went - 2 in less than a minute of ice time in that game