HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Robak/Petrovic for a veteran d-man or scorer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-22-2014, 11:10 AM
  #26
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,728
vCash: 500
Only Flame I have any interest in is Colborne.

CHGoalie27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2014, 11:18 AM
  #27
ucanthanzalthetruth
Not a bandwaggoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 13,128
vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck Junkie View Post
Fair enough. I don't think Kopecky is that bad of a contract, but it would clear some cap space if someone like Hudler or similar were to be traded. Veteran scorers cost a bit of money these days.

Hudler was very good for the Flames last year and was an offensive catalyst and puck wizard. I feel like the Panthers have some guys that can score if given a good pass but nobody besides Campbell to feed them the puck and create offense. Hudler would be a nice fit on this team.
I don't think Calgary would do Kopecky for Hudler, they'd be getting fleeced. I'm a big fan of Hudler, but as was mentioned, if you wanted a young guy for him, it wouldn't work, Florida has no place on their roster for Hudler, unless you took Flash back, which, again, I don't think they'd do. It should also be noted that Florida is quite close to the cap ceiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
Only Flame I have any interest in is Colborne.
I'm assuming you mean who we'd have a shot at getting, because they have as many young stud prospects as Florida (Monahan, Brodie, Geadreau off the top of my head without looking at their roster). In fact I'd say they're Florida's western equivalent, but more screwed because they play in the West.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2014, 11:20 AM
  #28
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 36,181
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck Junkie View Post
Hudler was very good for the Flames last year and was an offensive catalyst and puck wizard. I feel like the Panthers have some guys that can score if given a good pass but nobody besides Campbell to feed them the puck and create offense. Hudler would be a nice fit on this team.
Creating offense isn't a problem, it's finishing the plays. The team needs a real goal scorer, not another playmaker who scores every now and then.

SoupyFIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2014, 11:30 AM
  #29
Puck Junkie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: Canada
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
I don't think Calgary would do Kopecky for Hudler, they'd be getting fleeced. I'm a big fan of Hudler, but as was mentioned, if you wanted a young guy for him, it wouldn't work, Florida has no place on their roster for Hudler, unless you took Flash back, which, again, I don't think they'd do. It should also be noted that Florida is quite close to the cap ceiling.
What about Petrovic and Kopecky for Hudler? That seems like a good deal for both teams.

Quote:
I'm assuming you mean who we'd have a shot at getting, because they have as many young stud prospects as Florida (Monahan, Brodie, Geadreau off the top of my head without looking at their roster). In fact I'd say they're Florida's western equivalent, but more screwed because they play in the West.
FWIW I would say that Brodie is a legit NHLer at this point and not so much of a prospect anymore. But yeah, the Flames prospect base is getting to be one of the elites of the league. Adding Sam Bennett this year helped that too. Not to mention kids like Emile Poirier, Morgan Klimchuk, John Gillies, Max Reinhart, Sven Baertschi, Tyler Wotherspoon, Corban Knight , Markus Granlund…list goes on and on for some very good potential NHLers. Still need some sure fire NHL defensemen to add to the prospect base though.

Puck Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2014, 01:18 PM
  #30
Android 16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,960
vCash: 500
Keyword is "goalscorer ".

Android 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2014, 02:22 PM
  #31
Puck Junkie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: Canada
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronEkbald View Post
Keyword is "goalscorer ".
No offense, but Hudler's 54 points last year (which is right around his career average) would be 16 more points than our leading scorer last year in Bjugstad. His 17 goals would be 2nd only to Boyes. I wouldn't turn my nose up at what he could offer. He also did that on a similarly offensively challenged team.

Puck Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2014, 02:37 PM
  #32
THE Florida Panthers
Potvin Forever!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Walgreens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck Junkie View Post
No offense, but Hudler's 54 points last year (which is right around his career average) would be 16 more points than our leading scorer last year in Bjugstad. His 17 goals would be 2nd only to Boyes. I wouldn't turn my nose up at what he could offer. He also did that on a similarly offensively challenged team.
Hudler sure looks like he could help this team. I'd be happy with a trade for him. This team needs to get decent before they get good.

THE Florida Panthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2014, 02:56 PM
  #33
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,728
vCash: 500
UCHTT assumes correctly. Their up and comers would cost ours, and I like ours a lil better.

CHGoalie27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2014, 01:58 AM
  #34
flapanthersfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
Flash and Upshall definitely have value.
To us, maybe.

in a trade, no they don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
Only Flame I have any interest in is Colborne.
Colborne sucks.

You wouldn't take Giordano, Brodie, Baertschi, etc etc? C'mon now.

To the Flames fan: I'd have zero interest in Wideman. Some interest in Hudler, but not for Petrovic.


Last edited by SoupyFIN: 07-23-2014 at 08:57 AM. Reason: merge
flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2014, 09:47 AM
  #35
Puck Junkie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: Canada
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
To us, maybe.

in a trade, no they don't.



Colborne sucks.

You wouldn't take Giordano, Brodie, Baertschi, etc etc? C'mon now.

To the Flames fan: I'd have zero interest in Wideman. Some interest in Hudler, but not for Petrovic.
Have to agree with pretty much all of this. Flash might have some trade value, but Upshall probably doesn't have much at this point.

Wideman is pretty bad, no doubt. I'm not surprised by the reactions to that idea. In regards to Hudler, I don't know what you think is fair value for a perennial 50 point producer, who instantly upgrades the top 6 on most teams. I think a decent to above average prospect is actually underpayment, remembering that Petrovic isn't an NHL regular yet. You can't get something for nothing and Hudler is at least something in the NHL, whereas Petrovic isn't just yet.

Also, I wouldn't exactly say Colborne sucks. He's taken awhile to make it to the NHL but that happens sometimes with prospects. He's got a big body (6'5", 220 lbs.) and protects the puck well, has incredibly soft hands and good puck handling, and can score a little. He's also lethal in the shootout. He's got more to prove but was quite a nice surprise last year.

Puck Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2014, 11:38 AM
  #36
IM Clutcm
#SpaceyInSpace
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Manteno, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,977
vCash: 500
What's a realistic package that could bring a 30 goal scorer to this team? Is it possible to get that guy without including one of the "Young Guns"? I can't see any team accepting Flash, Shore/Petrovic, and a draft pick for a top line scorer.

IM Clutcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2014, 12:00 PM
  #37
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
To us, maybe.

in a trade, no they don't.



Colborne sucks.

You wouldn't take Giordano, Brodie, Baertschi, etc etc? C'mon now.

To the Flames fan: I'd have zero interest in Wideman. Some interest in Hudler, but not for Petrovic.
Colborne doesn't suck from what I've seen. Whether or not he's consistent with the performances I've seen, I'll admit to a lil ignorance. But he sure doesn't suck.

As far as the other guys, perhaps you missed UCHTT's assumption? We wouldn't have a shot in hell of getting those guys.

CHGoalie27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2014, 02:25 PM
  #38
PRNuck
Sell the team.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,377
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
Colborne doesn't suck from what I've seen. Whether or not he's consistent with the performances I've seen, I'll admit to a lil ignorance. But he sure doesn't suck.

As far as the other guys, perhaps you missed UCHTT's assumption? We wouldn't have a shot in hell of getting those guys.
Colborne doesn't suck, per se, but I wouldn't want him on my team. He's a huuuge pushover. Just no fight in the guy at all.

PRNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2014, 02:35 PM
  #39
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Colborne doesn't suck, per se, but I wouldn't want him on my team. He's a huuuge pushover. Just no fight in the guy at all.
He totally did when I saw him, like I said, if inconsistent I'm ignorant about it.

We've had a couple guys like that here over the years, a few showings of what they can do, but regularly won't...

Well then, taking words for it, I don't see us trading with Calgary without too much sacrifice.

CHGoalie27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 01:50 AM
  #40
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 17,993
vCash: 500
I do Petrovic for Hudler in a millisecond, provided they take back one of our high salary guys.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 08:12 AM
  #41
ShootIt
M F P G A
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 12,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I do Petrovic for Hudler in a millisecond, provided they take back one of our high salary guys.
Petro+Upshall for Hudler is fine with me.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 12:35 PM
  #42
RampageNate
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,711
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Then you put Hudler on a line with Grimaldi and Rau next season.

Best.Line.Ever.

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 12:43 PM
  #43
MillarWithASave
#CatsAreComing
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM Clutcm View Post
What's a realistic package that could bring a 30 goal scorer to this team? Is it possible to get that guy without including one of the "Young Guns"? I can't see any team accepting Flash, Shore/Petrovic, and a draft pick for a top line scorer.
Petrovic could attract some teams attention but it would definitely have to include probably a 1st or another really good prospect for us to get anything close to a 30 goal scorer. Only 21 guys scored 30 goals last year, and most of them are elite players that hold a really extreme value (Ovie, Crosby, Seguin, Kessel, Perry, Benn, Getzlaf, Pavelski, Pats, Skinner). That leaves us with 11 realistic options at getting a 30 goal scorer (Kunitz, Sharp, Marleau, Steen, Johansen, St. Louis, Bergeron, JVR, Iginla, Pominville, Hossa). Kunitz isn't even a 30 goal scorer without Crosby and neither is Steen, Johansen probably has a really high value as well, St. Louis is old and so is Iginla and Hossa. Which leaves us with 4 options in the end, Sharp, Marleau, Bergeron or JVR (all still would cost a lot). Scoring 30 goals in the NHL is not as easy as some people think it is.


Last edited by MillarWithASave: 07-24-2014 at 12:49 PM.
MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 01:00 PM
  #44
spacemanatee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
Kunitz isn't even a 30 goal scorer without Crosby and neither is Steen, Johansen probably has a really high value as well, St. Louis is old and so is Iginla and Hossa.
well, steen is most definitely a 30 goal scorer (probably the most underrated player in the league) especially without crosby lol.

spacemanatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 01:59 PM
  #45
gudzilla
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanatee View Post
well, steen is most definitely a 30 goal scorer (probably the most underrated player in the league) especially without crosby lol.
steen scored 30 with an unrealistic shooting %, and have done it once

not a 30 goal scorer

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 02:31 PM
  #46
Puck Junkie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: Canada
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Agreed, Steen needs to show he can do it more than once. He's a heckuva player, but not necessarily the guy you want to count on for offense, hence why they picked up Paul Stastny.

Also, Marleau is pretty old now at 34. I would be surprised if he continued anywhere near a 30 goal pace after the next year or two. Not really a long term solution IMO.

Puck Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 02:47 PM
  #47
Howboutthempanthers
Thread killer.
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brow. County, Fl.
Country: United States
Posts: 10,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
Petrovic could attract some teams attention but it would definitely have to include probably a 1st or another really good prospect for us to get anything close to a 30 goal scorer. Only 21 guys scored 30 goals last year, and most of them are elite players that hold a really extreme value (Ovie, Crosby, Seguin, Kessel, Perry, Benn, Getzlaf, Pavelski, Pats, Skinner). That leaves us with 11 realistic options at getting a 30 goal scorer (Kunitz, Sharp, Marleau, Steen, Johansen, St. Louis, Bergeron, JVR, Iginla, Pominville, Hossa). Kunitz isn't even a 30 goal scorer without Crosby and neither is Steen, Johansen probably has a really high value as well, St. Louis is old and so is Iginla and Hossa. Which leaves us with 4 options in the end, Sharp, Marleau, Bergeron or JVR (all still would cost a lot). Scoring 30 goals in the NHL is not as easy as some people think it is.
Which is why I don't expect a big trade. Because unless Tallon is willing to give up Huberdeau/Barkov/Bjugstad and add something on to them, I don't think we get a 30 goal scorer through a trade.

Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 03:23 PM
  #48
spacemanatee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,790
vCash: 500
steen is the definition of a late bloomer. i'm positive he'll score even more next season. he's a beast

spacemanatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 03:24 PM
  #49
spacemanatee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gudzilla View Post
steen scored 30 with an unrealistic shooting %, and have done it once

not a 30 goal scorer
lol. he scored 30 goals and is not a 30 goal scorer? ok

spacemanatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 03:30 PM
  #50
IM Clutcm
#SpaceyInSpace
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Manteno, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanatee View Post
lol. he scored 30 goals and is not a 30 goal scorer? ok
I think he just meant a consistent 30 goal scorer. He's a very good player, but he's only done it once and there's no guarantee he does it again. He had an abnormally high shooting percentage last year (15.6%!). The law of averages predicts that his shooting percentage will return towards the mean the same way we expect Flash's shooting percentage to increase.

IM Clutcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.