HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maxwell and Psurny.

Closed Thread

Old
09-13-2005, 12:01 PM
Peter

vCash: 500
Maxwell and Psurny.

I understand, from our local paper in Medicine Hat, that both Maxwell and Psurny are making the jump to the big boys camp. Good to hear. They said that Maxwell, who was an invite, really shone and impressed a lot of scouts while Psurny loaded the net with goals. You will like both players. Maxwell is talented (good 3rd to 4th line player) who has lots and lots of leadership potential while Psurny is going to be a pure goal scorer...even more so with the new rules and tighter obstruction calls.

Old
09-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Levitate

psurny definatly is an interesting pick...a medicine hat fan has been on here several times to sing his praises. I like hearing some of these later round guys showing their value. long shot for psurny to make the rangers but if he impresses, maybe he'll be given a pro contract to play with the 'pack

Old
09-13-2005, 12:16 PM
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
psurny definatly is an interesting pick...a medicine hat fan has been on here several times to sing his praises. I like hearing some of these later round guys showing their value. long shot for psurny to make the rangers but if he impresses, maybe he'll be given a pro contract to play with the 'pack
The Tigers just brought over his twin brother for this year's WHL season. He wasn't willing to come over last year with Roman...but the scouts here say that Micheal is a better player than Roman....and I like Roman a lot.

Old
09-13-2005, 01:17 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

I really like Psurny, im hoping he gets signed to a pro contract.

Old
09-13-2005, 01:24 PM
eco's bones

Whether they sign Psurny or not at 19 I think he has to play in Medicine Hat unless the inconcievable happens and he makes the Rangers. I don't think he's eligible to play in Hartford at least not until MH's season is over.

Old
09-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Levitate

he was drafted out of the CR, so that rule doesn't apply to him. if the rangers wanted him to play in hartford, he could.

That rule only applies to players who are drafted out of the CHL

Old
09-13-2005, 01:57 PM
bmoak

Psurny can go straight to Hartford. The age restrictions on players going from juniors to the AHL only applies to North American players.

Old
09-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak
Psurny can go straight to Hartford. The age restrictions on players going from juniors to the AHL only applies to North American players.
The rule I heard is that players who played in a mens league in Europe can go straight to the AHL.

I don't know if Roman's 9 games in the Czech league counts or not...

Old
09-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Levitate

I'm pretty sure it has more to do with if they were playing in the CHL prior to being drafted...the CHL wanted to prevent a talent drain of their "homegrown" players. even if psurny just played in the junior leagues in the CR, it would be fine for him to go to the AHL because he wasn't drafted while playing in the CHL

Old
09-13-2005, 04:10 PM
eco's bones

Even so I would think he would be a long shot for Hartford especially if the Wolfpack bring in a few vets for stability's sake. From what I hear if Roman plays in Medicine Hat again that a lot is expected from him.

Peter---could you tell us a little more about Maxwell?

Old
09-13-2005, 07:30 PM
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones

Peter---could you tell us a little more about Maxwell?
Sure!

In 2002/03 he scored a total of 8 points but had over 60 PIM's playing in just 54 games. That was his first season in the WHL. In 2003/04 he scored a total of 10 points but had over 109 PIM's in 64 games...his second year in the WHL. This past season he came together quite well racking up 32 points, 147 PIM's in 66 games. He was our checking winger and did a great job. He was also our agitator and our go to guy when things got tough (although he is far from a goon). His style and play is very similar to Darren McCarty.

Tommy isn't huge but he isn't small either...just average (6'1 and just a bit under 200lbs)...but has a huge, huge, huge heart. Was a crowd favorite and is an all around great guy.

He will be well recieved if he comes back as an overager to the Tigers.

Old
09-14-2005, 01:09 AM
eco's bones

Many many thanks Peter. Good luck to your Tigers.

Old
09-14-2005, 09:48 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter
Sure!

In 2002/03 he scored a total of 8 points but had over 60 PIM's playing in just 54 games. That was his first season in the WHL. In 2003/04 he scored a total of 10 points but had over 109 PIM's in 64 games...his second year in the WHL. This past season he came together quite well racking up 32 points, 147 PIM's in 66 games. He was our checking winger and did a great job. He was also our agitator and our go to guy when things got tough (although he is far from a goon). His style and play is very similar to Darren McCarty.

Tommy isn't huge but he isn't small either...just average (6'1 and just a bit under 200lbs)...but has a huge, huge, huge heart. Was a crowd favorite and is an all around great guy.

It's stuff like this why this is the only sports board that I read, much less post on.

Thanks, Peter.

Old
09-14-2005, 09:52 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
The Tigers just brought over his twin brother for this year's WHL season. He wasn't willing to come over last year with Roman...but the scouts here say that Micheal is a better player than Roman....and I like Roman a lot.
That's simply not true. Roman is the better player and has been since they were younger. Otherwise you would've seen Micheal drafted instead of being passed over for two years.

Old
09-14-2005, 10:07 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Sure!

Anyone know how Maxwell played in camp so far? I hope Sather signs him. Rangers need grit, in Hartford and NY, but most likely if Maxwell is signed, will start with the Pack or Checkers.

Old
09-15-2005, 07:01 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan
It's stuff like this why this is the only sports board that I read, much less post on.

Thanks, Peter.
sorry to say, you're missing out

(tho ranger board here is good)

Old
09-15-2005, 02:59 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Rangers Cuts??

anyone know who have been cut by the Rangers so far???

Old
09-16-2005, 08:16 AM
tmaxfan

Any info on how Maxwell is doing in camp would be appreciated.

Old
09-16-2005, 08:28 AM
Levitate

haven't heard anything about maxwell...sounds like psurny hasn't been too visible in the big training camp...no big deal though, he's got time to develop

Old
09-16-2005, 08:57 AM
czechhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
That's simply not true. Roman is the better player and has been since they were younger. Otherwise you would've seen Micheal drafted instead of being passed over for two years.
Absolutely right, I know both very well, Roman is much better.

Old
09-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
Heh, don't shoot the messenger. It's just what the local scouts have been saying. I love Roman - the kids is going to be, at worst, a 3rd line skater in the NHL...best??? Who knows...he has the tools. Maybe the scouts are just trying to hype up his brother but a few of the comments made were "If you like Roman wait to you see his brother..." Stuff like that.

Old
09-17-2005, 11:01 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Heh, don't shoot the messenger. It's just what the local scouts have been saying. I love Roman - the kids is going to be, at worst, a 3rd line skater in the NHL...best??? Who knows...he has the tools. Maybe the scouts are just trying to hype up his brother but a few of the comments made were "If you like Roman wait to you see his brother..." Stuff like that.
No, no not shoogint you, haha. Just trying to clear that up since it is bad wording on the scouting reports, most likely.

Closed Thread