HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Concordia student looking for a place to watch games?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-21-2014, 12:53 PM
  #1
PernellsWhiteAmi
Long Live Chappelle
 
PernellsWhiteAmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vermont/Montreal
Country: United States
Posts: 856
vCash: 500
Concordia student looking for a place to watch games?

So I'm a dual-citizen who has lived in Vermont all of my life. I've watched every single Habs game since I was 13 (which sounds like a lot, but I'm only 18), and I've never really watched games with diehard Habs fans (I only know one around). I'll be a freshman going to the John Molson School of Business at Concordia here in Le Montreal in another month, and was just curious where some of the better spots to watch Habs games with diehards would be. I'd prefer it to be relatively close to Concordia. If anybody could give me some possibilities including roughly how far away it is from Concordia, it would be appreciated. Merci beaucoup.

PernellsWhiteAmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 01:06 PM
  #2
Richiebottles
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 15,172
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBostonRedsox View Post
So I'm a dual-citizen who has lived in Vermont all of my life. I've watched every single Habs game since I was 13 (which sounds like a lot, but I'm only 18), and I've never really watched games with diehard Habs fans (I only know one around). I'll be a freshman going to the John Molson School of Business at Concordia here in Le Montreal in another month, and was just curious where some of the better spots to watch Habs games with diehards would be. I'd prefer it to be relatively close to Concordia. If anybody could give me some possibilities including roughly how far away it is from Concordia, it would be appreciated. Merci beaucoup.
You my man need to go to REGGIES !

Now ! It is the Concordia student bar that is pretty awesome.

There is also Irish Embassy and McKibbins that are good.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 01:19 PM
  #3
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,500
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBostonRedsox View Post
So I'm a dual-citizen who has lived in Vermont all of my life. I've watched every single Habs game since I was 13 (which sounds like a lot, but I'm only 18), and I've never really watched games with diehard Habs fans (I only know one around). I'll be a freshman going to the John Molson School of Business at Concordia here in Le Montreal in another month, and was just curious where some of the better spots to watch Habs games with diehards would be. I'd prefer it to be relatively close to Concordia. If anybody could give me some possibilities including roughly how far away it is from Concordia, it would be appreciated. Merci beaucoup.
It's Montreal. ANYWHERE YOU WANT.

Honestly, there's a ******** of places. You're downtown man.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 01:20 PM
  #4
Gary320
Registered User
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 15,034
vCash: 500
Everywhere in downtown where there is a TV and beer is pretty good spot.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 01:22 PM
  #5
pine*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,339
vCash: 500
Why not at the Bell Center? HEHEHEHE

Welcome to Montreal, bud.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 01:23 PM
  #6
True Tick and Tin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 2,595
vCash: 500
Reggies dude! Fun place

True Tick and Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 01:33 PM
  #7
PernellsWhiteAmi
Long Live Chappelle
 
PernellsWhiteAmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vermont/Montreal
Country: United States
Posts: 856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
It's Montreal. ANYWHERE YOU WANT.

Honestly, there's a ******** of places. You're downtown man.
Hey now! I'm used to country folks down here in Vermont.

PernellsWhiteAmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 01:42 PM
  #8
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,500
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBostonRedsox View Post
Hey now! I'm used to country folks down here in Vermont.
When you coming over? If you're here a tiny bit earlier you'll get used to the surroundings.

Truthfully, it's habs city. You're near bars, restaurants, the bell center itself, etc...

They would be foolish to not play the habs.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 01:47 PM
  #9
PernellsWhiteAmi
Long Live Chappelle
 
PernellsWhiteAmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vermont/Montreal
Country: United States
Posts: 856
vCash: 500
Move in day for me is August 23rd. First day of classes begins on September 2nd. Two weeks with not much to do. Looks like Chez Paree will have a new frequent customer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
When you coming over? If you're here a tiny bit earlier you'll get used to the surroundings.

Truthfully, it's habs city. You're near bars, restaurants, the bell center itself, etc...

They would be foolish to not play the habs.

PernellsWhiteAmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 03:38 PM
  #10
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,956
vCash: 500
What if his classes are at Loyola campus? That's in Montreal West. If so, PJ's Pub on St. Jacques is probably the best place.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 03:41 PM
  #11
pine*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
What if his classes are at Loyola campus? That's in Montreal West. If so, PJ's Pub on St. Jacques is probably the best place.
He's a JMSB student.

But yeah, you're right, there are others who are sadly probably at Loyola.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 03:46 PM
  #12
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
He's a JMSB student.

But yeah, you're right, there are others who are sadly probably at Loyola.
Hey, show some respect, whippersnapper! I went to Loyola campus back in the 80s (I was in the Communications program). Yeah, not much of a night-life, but more park space and.... um..... I got to hang out at the old Picasso's restaurant.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 03:47 PM
  #13
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,198
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
What if his classes are at Loyola campus? That's in Montreal West. If so, PJ's Pub on St. Jacques is probably the best place.
JMSB has their own building now, unless they take some kind of elective, almost all their classes are in that JMSB building. (maybe some still in H, but not from what I saw)
Reggies is good for cheap drinks and they have a bunch of TVs. You can drop into anywhere with a TV and find the game. (Mcdonalds included)

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 03:56 PM
  #14
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jack Bourdain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,038
vCash: 500
Make friends with these people in your first week: http://jmsm.ca/

Come say hi to me during Frosh (pm me if you want) and I'll introduce you to a bunch of fellow Habs fans.

Welcome to JMSB and looking forward to meeting you!

---

EDIT: Like people said, Reggies sometimes does game nights, but they are closed until at least December (the terrace will be open during frosh, but the bar is closed).

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 06:28 PM
  #15
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr
 
Stjonnypopo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mount Doom
Posts: 12,252
vCash: 500
Pretty much any bar/restaurant is going to be playing the games during game night.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 07:19 PM
  #16
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
GoodKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 13,709
vCash: 500
This should get you started: http://www.mtlblog.com/2013/10/the-5...s-in-montreal/

Although I disagree with the inclusion of "Station des Sports". I think that place is a dump with questionable business practices and I wouldn't be caught dead there.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 11:27 PM
  #17
Price My Man Crush
Registered User
 
Price My Man Crush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,830
vCash: 500
I'm going to Concordia University in September too, thanks for this thread!

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2014, 02:14 AM
  #18
Binary Code
How do I change that
 
Binary Code's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Delirium
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,690
vCash: 50
And I'll be going to Dawson, West Island represent

(Yeah still got to wait half a year before drinking my first beer .... legally )

Binary Code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2014, 08:06 AM
  #19
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr
 
Stjonnypopo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mount Doom
Posts: 12,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
This should get you started: http://www.mtlblog.com/2013/10/the-5...s-in-montreal/

Although I disagree with the inclusion of "Station des Sports". I think that place is a dump with questionable business practices and I wouldn't be caught dead there.
If you're not a fan of Station des Sports then you're limiting your bar options in Montreal, Peter Sergakis owns a ******** of bars across Montreal. Many of them you would probably be surprised about too.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2014, 08:13 AM
  #20
Gary320
Registered User
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 15,034
vCash: 500
Station des Sports is fine if you don't really care for the food or service and you just want a beer and hang out with a great crowd.

Station des Sports in Laval had some terrible management though. They didn't expect that many people to show up for Wrestlemania 30, so they decided to have a waitress who was on training, serve a few tables. Needless to say the service was REAL SLOW because she's new and was being trained by someone else. After about an hour, they told her to go home...

Service in general at any SDS has been pretty mediocre for me.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2014, 08:34 AM
  #21
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,956
vCash: 500
Station des Sports downtown was totally renovated over a year ago. Ownership questions aside, it's become a nice, clean place for game-watching. Menu is decent and reasonably priced.

One of my faves for watching Habs games is Magnan restaurant, the famous roast beef joint on Saint-Patrick. Food's great, if much pricier than the typical sports bar, and they have the game blasting from big screens.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2014, 08:53 AM
  #22
Le Tricolore
Boo! BOOOOO!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 31,909
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Make friends with these people in your first week: http://jmsm.ca/

Come say hi to me during Frosh (pm me if you want) and I'll introduce you to a bunch of fellow Habs fans.

Welcome to JMSB and looking forward to meeting you!

---

EDIT: Like people said, Reggies sometimes does game nights, but they are closed until at least December (the terrace will be open during frosh, but the bar is closed).
The president of this JMSM looks like a dummy.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2014, 09:25 AM
  #23
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life
 
Turtleneck Plek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
The president of this JMSM looks like a dummy.
He's the worst, avoid that guy at all costs.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2014, 09:38 AM
  #24
ScottFC
Registered User
 
ScottFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: чуд
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,210
vCash: 500
If Reggies is open then definitly go to Reggies but it's been clsoed for about a year now. There are many places in the area especially on Crescent to watch the game but you can also try **** & Bull or Station des sport on St.Catherine.

Concordia is also walking distance from the Bell Center so if you get there early enough you can watch the game at the Cage au Sport at the Bell Center. Across the street from the Bell there's also the Bier Market which I haven't been to yet but it looks pretty cool.

ScottFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2014, 09:39 AM
  #25
NA Scouting
Registered User
 
NA Scouting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Station des Sports is fine if you don't really care for the food or service and you just want a beer and hang out with a great crowd.

Station des Sports in Laval had some terrible management though. They didn't expect that many people to show up for Wrestlemania 30, so they decided to have a waitress who was on training, serve a few tables. Needless to say the service was REAL SLOW because she's new and was being trained by someone else. After about an hour, they told her to go home...

Service in general at any SDS has been pretty mediocre for me.
I sometimes went to Station des Sports on Jarry during the playoffs and it was just fine. Mind you most of the time I just sat at the bar with one of my friend and ordered beer. The barmaid was cool and was kinda hot. No complaint.

One time we went with a bunch of friends and had a table and ordered food and drinks. The service was good and the food was decent. Again, no complaint from me.

It's cheaper than La Cage and there usually is less people.

NA Scouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.