Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 14-15 Part III

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2014, 12:50 PM
Jetsfan4life

vCash: 450
I see where James Reimer is in some rumors of possibly coming to us.What would that do to our goaltending situation Reimer,Hutch,Pavelic.Does someone go?

Old
07-27-2014, 12:51 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan4life View Post
I see where James Reimer is in some rumors of possibly coming to us.What would that do to our goaltending situation Reimer,Hutch,Pavelic.Does someone go?
IF that does happen (I don't think it will), I think Hutch gets sent down to the minors. Because potato.

Old
07-27-2014, 01:02 PM
Aavco Cup

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post

Philly +3mil with 22 under contract. That is misleading because Chris Pronger's 4.9 mil will not count as he is a long term injury. That leaves Philly ~1.9mil under and needing 2 more contracts. Presumably they sign Erik Gustafsson to fill out their D. Capgeek seems to be projecting him in the KHL so maybe not. I'm not sure what that means, if anything.
Gustafsson has already signed in the KHL.

Quote:

Boston is 800k over with 2 RFAs yet to sign. Those 2 are going to cost them somewhere in the neighbourhood of 4+ mil. That puts them ~5 mil over. They have to do something. I don't see any way for them to get under without taking a significant loss somewhere. Definitely potential there.
Boston will LTIR Savard $4M.

The thing about LTIR is that these teams will want to be as close to the cap as possible before declaring the LTIR player. That way they benefit from almost 100% of the salary in terms of cap relief. So in some cases a team won't execute a trade until the season has started, in order to get the full benefit.

http://capgeek.com/faq/how-does-long...erve-LTIR-work

Old
07-27-2014, 01:04 PM
Aavco Cup

vCash: 300
Quote:
Pav for Reimer with us retaining salary is the only way I see it happen unless Pav gets a serious injury.

Old
07-27-2014, 01:35 PM
CorgisPer60
Barking at the net

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
Pav for Reimer with us retaining salary is the only way I see it happen unless Pav gets a serious injury.
Agreed. Pavelec will be the perfect back up for the Leafs.

Old
07-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Mortimer Snerd
Free Pavelec

vCash: 190
Quote:
Gustafsson has already signed in the KHL.

Boston will LTIR Savard $4M.

The thing about LTIR is that these teams will want to be as close to the cap as possible before declaring the LTIR player. That way they benefit from almost 100% of the salary in terms of cap relief. So in some cases a team won't execute a trade until the season has started, in order to get the full benefit.

http://capgeek.com/faq/how-does-long...erve-LTIR-work
Yup, missed Savard. Had suspected that with Gustafsson but couldn't find anything firm.
"The amount of LTI relief is limited to the amount by which the team has exceeded the upper limit — less the amount of cap space the team had at the time the LTIR transaction took place. That means the amount of LTI relief is not the entire amount of the injured player's salary, although teams often make small transactions to ensure it is close."
That is interesting. I had just assumed that LTIR provided full relief for that players salary. They don't half love complicating these things, do they! Obviously written by lawyer/accountants. Makes the entire situation a lot harder to gauge from this perspective.

Old
07-27-2014, 01:41 PM
Mortimer Snerd
Free Pavelec

Quote:
At that we still have to pay TO to take him off our hands but it could be done. Question is will Chevy do any of the necessary to make this happen?

Old
07-27-2014, 02:05 PM
Jetsfan4life

I would love to see us trade Pav for Reimer.Reimer would make a great starting tender with Hutch backing up.I think we would be a lot better in goal if that happens.

Old
07-27-2014, 02:16 PM
StronGeer
Nvr tell me the odds

vCash: 1337
Quote:
I would love to see us trade Pav for Reimer.Reimer would make a great starting tender with Hutch backing up.I think we would be a lot better in goal if that happens.
While he is an improvement, "great" starting goaltender is pushing it.

Old
07-27-2014, 02:32 PM
Jetsfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by StronGeer View Post
Agreed but better than Pavs.

Old
07-27-2014, 02:36 PM
Mortimer Snerd
Free Pavelec

Quote:
Yup. I'd be willing to give up something real to make it happen (besides just half of Pavs salary I mean). Toronto would be paying the same (roughly) amount for a backup goalie and getting a less able backup goalie. We'd have to sweeten the pot.

Quote:
I'd say he was a 'great' starter for the Leafs in '12/'13. He's been jerked around a bit since. Maybe his confidence has suffered which would affect his game. But he has shown the potential to be an average or above goalie. He's shown far more than Pavs ever did. "Great" may be pushing it a bit but it would sure feel great to be rid of the Goat-Lender!

Old
07-27-2014, 02:38 PM
tucker22*

If Reimer is the answer to the Jets goaltending problem I will be very very disappointed. You don't replace your fat ugly girlfriend with one just as fat and ugly.

Old
07-27-2014, 02:46 PM
Mortimer Snerd
Free Pavelec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck61 View Post
If Reimer is the answer to the Jets goaltending problem I will be very very disappointed. You don't replace your fat ugly girlfriend with one just as fat and ugly.
Reimer is not perfect. The longer term answer is much more likely one of our 3 excellent prospects. But he is nowhere near as 'fat and ugly' as Pavs. Pavs last year .901. Reimer last year, while being jerked around by Carlyle and the Leafs .911. That would have been Pavs second best year ever. Reimer has had seasons of .921 & .924. Pavs best ever was .914. It isn't even close! Reimer would be a great placeholder. When the time comes he would force them to be really good to take the job away from him. You've been listening to Leafs fans for too long. When they finish lower this season than last they will blame Bernier. They always hate their goaltender.

Old
07-27-2014, 02:48 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
Reimer is not perfect. The longer term answer is much more likely one of our 3 excellent prospects. But he is nowhere near as 'fat and ugly' as Pavs. Pavs last year .901. Reimer last year, while being jerked around by Carlyle and the Leafs .911. That would have been Pavs second best year ever. Reimer has had seasons of .921 & .924. Pavs best ever was .914. It isn't even close! Reimer would be a great placeholder. When the time comes he would force them to be really good to take the job away from him. You've been listening to Leafs fans for too long. When they finish lower this season than last they will blame Bernier. They always hate their goaltender.
Agree with all of your points here.

Old
07-27-2014, 03:27 PM
Jetsfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
I agree also.Reimer is a better goaltender than Pavs.Any improvement is better.Look Reimer has stated he wants to be a number one goalie and also that he is good enough to be one so you better believe he will be playing his best to prove it.

Old
07-27-2014, 03:49 PM
Mortimer Snerd
Free Pavelec

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Agreed but better than Pavs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Quote:
I agree also.Reimer is a better goaltender than Pavs.Any improvement is better.Look Reimer has stated he wants to be a number one goalie and also that he is good enough to be one so you better believe he will be playing his best to prove it.
So what could/should Chevy offer in order to get this done? What would Nonis require and what would it be worth to us?

I made a 'tongue in cheek' suggestion a couple of days ago to retain the max of Pavs salary and add in Ellerby. I said Ellerby would be their #3 D.
In reality they have Phaneuf, Franson, Gardiner and Rielly. Gunnarsson, Ranger and Gleason are all gone. Who else do they have? They must have some with the Marlies. But it looks from here like any 1 of Postma, Pardy or Ellerby really would be their #5 guy. Would that do it for them? I would jump at that in a heartbeat but they could have signed Ellerby for free a few days ago. They must think they have other D. Ok, just looked at Capgeek. They have 5 D under contract and Gardiner yet to sign. Their 5 & 6 D are Stephane Robidas and Roman Polak. I still think Ellerby (or Pardy or Postma) would be their #5 guy but they probably don't agree. So what do we offer?

Old
07-27-2014, 04:19 PM
trebendan

I really don't see Toronto taking on Pavelec's contract, even with 50% retained, because it's just too long. I think a 3rd team would need to be involved, maybe like Buffalo, where both their #1 & #2 are UFA's at season's end. Jets could trade Pavs + Burmistov for Enroth, then Enroth + ? for Reimer. Not saying this'll happen or that any of these trades are fair, but just something along these lines.

Old
07-27-2014, 04:26 PM
Mortimer Snerd
Free Pavelec

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebendan View Post
I really don't see Toronto taking on Pavelec's contract, even with 50% retained, because it's just too long. I think a 3rd team would need to be involved, maybe like Buffalo, where both their #1 & #2 are UFA's at season's end. Jets could trade Pavs + Burmistov for Enroth, then Enroth + ? for Reimer. Not saying this'll happen or that any of these trades are fair, but just something along these lines.
If we could do the Enroth trade I'd just quit right there. Who needs Reimer? We go Enroth - Hutch this year and Hutch - someone else next year. Maybe we resign Enroth depending on how it has worked out and cost.

Old
07-27-2014, 04:29 PM
Mortimer Snerd
Free Pavelec

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebendan View Post
You are probably right about the Leafs taking Pavs. It is too long. It is too much money even at half off and it is Pavs. But that said, if we could do the Enroth trade I'd just quit right there. Who needs Reimer? We go Enroth - Hutch this year and Hutch - someone else next year. Maybe we resign Enroth depending on how it has worked out and cost.

Old
07-27-2014, 05:32 PM
pateramus

http://causewaycrowd.com/2014/07/27/...ummer-silence/

BOSTON BRUINS
Could camp deal for Kane end the B’s summer of silence?
by Kevin Flanagan 5h ago TWEET (2) LIKE (36) 0

While the trade talk most certainly will heat up on Yawkey Way this week with Major League Baseball’s trade deadline fast approaching, on Causeway Street the silence is deafening.

It doesn’t make for a very interesting off-season when the biggest news of the summer centers on the hiring of an assistant coach and the signing of a depth defenseman. After getting ousted early in the second round of the playoffs by the Montreal Canadiens and then losing their leading scorer Jarome Iginla in free agency to Colorado, the natives in Bruins Nation are restless for some sort of news that the club is looking to improve some way, some how.

MORE FROM BOSTON BRUINS
7/26 - Who Will Be The Boston Bruins Forwards Opening Night?
7/25 - Loui Eriksson May Replace Iginla On Bruins Top Line
7/24 - Who Will Be The Boston Bruins Blueliners On Opening Night?
7/24 - Bruins Re-Sign David Warsofsky, Hire Assistant Coach Joe Sacco
7/23 - The Boston Bruins Cap Troubles Will Only Get Worse Next Season.
Even before the start of free agency, general manager Peter Chiarelli was throwing cold water on any suggestions that his club would be players for even mid-level free agents or impact players via trade. When asked on his July 1st conference call whether the B’s would be looking to sign any free agents or make any deals going forward Chiarelli said, ” I wanted to let the market settle down and then there are some guys that will maybe take less that I’ll look at. We’ve got seven or eight names on our board and we have seven or eight names that are subject of trade discussion so I’ll look at some stuff and we’ll see where it goes.”

[mod]

Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 07-27-2014 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Click on the article for the rest
Old
07-27-2014, 05:36 PM
pateramus

I know, just an other article full of speculation and other teams wanting our star players.

Old
07-27-2014, 06:32 PM
lablite47

Quote:
Originally Posted by pateramus View Post

BOSTON BRUINS

While the trade talk most certainly will heat up on Yawkey Way this week with Major League Baseball’s trade deadline fast approaching, on Causeway Street the silence is deafening.

It doesn’t make for a very interesting off-season when the biggest news of the summer centers on the hiring of an assistant coach and the signing of a depth defenseman. After getting ousted early in the second round of the playoffs by the Montreal Canadiens and then losing their leading scorer Jarome Iginla in free agency to Colorado, the natives in Bruins Nation are restless for some sort of news that the club is looking to improve some way, some how.

MORE FROM BOSTON BRUINS
Even before the start of free agency, general manager Peter Chiarelli was throwing cold water on any suggestions that his club would be players for even mid-level free agents or impact players via trade. When asked on his July 1st conference call whether the B’s would be looking to sign any free agents or make any deals going forward Chiarelli said, ” I wanted to let the market settle down and then there are some guys that will maybe take less that I’ll look at. We’ve got seven or eight names on our board and we have seven or eight names that are subject of trade discussion so I’ll look at some stuff and we’ll see where it goes.”
Can't see us interested in Marchand and/or Subban though.. Not sure if there is anything they have in terms of something to replace Kane is concerned?

Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 07-27-2014 at 06:55 PM. Reason: QEP
Old
07-27-2014, 06:55 PM
Mortimer Snerd
Free Pavelec

Quote:
Originally Posted by lablite47 View Post
Can't see us interested in Marchand and/or Subban though.. Not sure if there is anything they have in terms of something to replace Kane is concerned?
They could put together a proposal that would work for me but they wouldn't. The guys I would want they would not even consider parting with.

Old
07-27-2014, 08:21 PM
rguy56

Quote:
Originally Posted by pateramus View Post

BOSTON BRUINS

MORE FROM BOSTON BRUINS

[mod]
This is the wrong Subban to even be in a Kane discussion. I wouldn't be surprised if little brother never makes "the show" from what I've seen of his play. Our Hutch is just plain better now, and likely is going to be better than Subban for the future.

So, if Boston was to offer Marchand, who may play with "passion", but who I could never cheer for because he's an *******, plus a goalie with average AHL upside, I would personally pass.

God, I am so hungry for real NHL news right now that I'm commenting on a lame blog from Boston.

Old
07-27-2014, 09:46 PM
EastRiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rguy56 View Post
This is the wrong Subban to even be in a Kane discussion. I wouldn't be surprised if little brother never makes "the show" from what I've seen of his play. Our Hutch is just plain better now, and likely is going to be better than Subban for the future.

So, if Boston was to offer Marchand, who may play with "passion", but who I could never cheer for because he's an *******, plus a goalie with average AHL upside, I would personally pass.

God, I am so hungry for real NHL news right now that I'm commenting on a lame blog from Boston.
Did Subban have that bad of a year? I haven't heard about him in a while but I remember when he was drafted there was a lot of hype around him.

Closed Thread