HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Jagr virtually guaranteed playoff berth"

Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2005, 11:16 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
A good deal would be something a little better than the Leetch deal - two quality prospects and two #1 picks.

Agreed. Noone is going to trade a young star for an older star. What's the point in doing that?

Old
09-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Levitate

if younger star isn't as good as older star, and the team wants to win and can afford to lose younger star. i'm not talking about a kovulchuk for jagr trade straight up or something...but someone with more upside than balej.

Old
09-14-2005, 04:14 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
who's forgetting the word "rebuild"?

if there was a good deal for jagr, I'd do it. I have no problem with that at all. But a good deal would mean a deal for a young star player in my mind. Something the rangers need. Jagr is a great player but a young star player will be around for a lot longer and be more valuable.

i'm not too optimistic about trading him though, i think his attitude might scuttle any good trade. he's been pretty vocal about only wanting to play in NY...
have you guys forgotten about the no trade clause. He removed the player option of his last year of 11 million for the a partial no trade clause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
if younger star isn't as good as older star, and the team wants to win and can afford to lose younger star. i'm not talking about a kovulchuk for jagr trade straight up or something...but someone with more upside than balej.
You mean like a Zherdev?

Old
09-14-2005, 04:33 PM
Levitate

Quote:
have you guys forgotten about the no trade clause. He removed the player option of his last year of 11 million for the a partial no trade clause.
I haven't seen this reported anywhere. if you have a link, then by all means provide it.

Quote:
You mean like a Zherdev?
yeah...like zherdev

Old
09-14-2005, 04:54 PM
bathgate

Does anyone have the feeling that Jagr has huge input on the Czech signings to keep him happy?

Old
09-14-2005, 05:15 PM
HOCKEY_GURU

2 years ago Jagr wasnt the Jagr of Old - ie with Pittsburgh, last year when he went to Russia he started playing like that again , and was again considered the BEST player in the world, I think in Jagrs mind hes determined to play like that again and carry the team, 100+ points isnt out of the question that being the case, so a little confidence is good, in the end i belive the team needs good chemistry and if hes serious he will be among the elite in scoring , if not the top.

Old
09-14-2005, 06:01 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate
Does anyone have the feeling that Jagr has huge input on the Czech signings to keep him happy?
My feeling is that Renney have taken a big impression from international hockey and drawed parallels to how the game will look next year in the NHL. Straka and Nylander for example have been great in the international tournaments.

Old
09-14-2005, 06:38 PM
Fletch

Levitate...

From the NY Post, January 25, 2004:

'In exchange for a limited no-trade clause, Jagr is deferring $1M per over the next four seasons.'

I have no definition of 'limited' and am to lazy to find it tonight.

Closed Thread