HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

whos #40 on the Avs?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-05-2003, 09:15 PM
  #1
myrocketsgotcracked
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
whos #40 on the Avs?

i watched the Avs-Stars preseason game from last week, and i have to say #40 really caught my eyes. at first i thought he was tanguay, but i found out later tanguay is now #18, i think.
who is this #40 guy? hes really fast and is a great passer. the pass he made to set up a goal was really nice. for that one game he resemble paul kariya out there!
i dont get to watch many Avs games here in Van and i really want to learn more about him. so feel free to post whatever you guys know about him. thx!

 
Old
10-05-2003, 09:34 PM
  #2
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 19,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKarateMonkey
i watched the Avs-Stars preseason game from last week, and i have to say #40 really caught my eyes. at first i thought he was tanguay, but i found out later tanguay is now #18, i think.
who is this #40 guy? hes really fast and is a great passer. the pass he made to set up a goal was really nice. for that one game he resemble paul kariya out there!
i dont get to watch many Avs games here in Van and i really want to learn more about him. so feel free to post whatever you guys know about him. thx!
Marek Svatos is the name your looking for. He will wear #40 for the Avs this year. He has really impressed with is speed, on ice vision, and skills with the puck, as well as courage to get his nose dirty even though he's only about 5-10, 170 lbs. He's one of the four rookies we have going into the season, which also include a big tough grinding center named Cody McCormick that takes the body extremely well, a very impressive offensive defensman in John-Michael Liles who beat out some other guys thought to have a much better chance than he did to make the team, as well as rookie goaltender Phillipe Sauve. Svatos will likely play on a line as a right wing with Nikolishin centering and Battaglia on the left. I'm sure some of the other guys on here know more about Svatos than I do, and wouldn't mind filling you in if they get a chance.

Foppa2118 is offline  
Old
10-05-2003, 09:56 PM
  #3
myrocketsgotcracked
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
was he drafted by the Avs?
if theres an injury to a top 6 forward, do you think he'll get promoted to one of the top lines?
also, sauve impressed me alot too during the same game, i know its just one game, but im really excited for the Avs this year. it really amaze me how the Avs can acquire all these talented players after trading away so many draft picks and prospect.

 
Old
10-05-2003, 10:46 PM
  #4
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 19,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKarateMonkey
was he drafted by the Avs?
if theres an injury to a top 6 forward, do you think he'll get promoted to one of the top lines?
also, sauve impressed me alot too during the same game, i know its just one game, but im really excited for the Avs this year. it really amaze me how the Avs can acquire all these talented players after trading away so many draft picks and prospect.
Yea they're a pretty ressiliant team with their prspects. I keep expecting them to run out, but it looks like with Svatos, and Jonas Johansson the foward depth looks like it should be in good shape. Plus the Avs defensive depth looks realy impressive, with Keith Ballard, Tomas Slovak, Johnny Boychuk, and John-Michael Liles looking like strong prospects, as well as a few guys that also might turn out to be pretty usefull d-men in, David Liffiton, Mikko Viitanen, Jeff Finger.

As for Svatos, he was drafted by the Avs in the 7th round, 227 overall in the 2001 draft, and looks to be another late round steal by the Avs. You should check out the Avs prospects page on Hockey Future, its' really informative about all this stuff with all the prospects. Check out the Avalanche Rookie Camp preview at the top of the page, it's got lots of analysis on the rookies at this year's camp and how they performed.

Foppa2118 is offline  
Old
10-06-2003, 12:53 AM
  #5
myrocketsgotcracked
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
thank you foppa for all the info, i really appreciate it.
i'll check out hockeys future soon, cant wait to read up on all the prospect on the Avs. i always expect the Avs will fall off the NHL standing once Forsberg, Sakic, Roy and Blake retires, but i doubt that will happen with all the young talent in their system. looks like Van will have to wait awhile longer before we get to win the division. :mad:

 
Old
10-06-2003, 06:59 PM
  #6
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 19,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKarateMonkey
thank you foppa for all the info, i really appreciate it.
i'll check out hockeys future soon, cant wait to read up on all the prospect on the Avs. i always expect the Avs will fall off the NHL standing once Forsberg, Sakic, Roy and Blake retires, but i doubt that will happen with all the young talent in their system. looks like Van will have to wait awhile longer before we get to win the division. :mad:
You never know, Vancouver has a very good team, and anything could happen. They will be hungry this year after losing the title to us last year, and then losing to Minnesota. They've got good depth up front, and have two of the best players in the league in Bertuzzi and Naslund, good depth on D, and are well coached. Now if you guys could get some goaltending, it could make things interesting again with our teams in the Northwest again.

By the way how did you find the message boards on Hockey's Future but not the team pages?

Foppa2118 is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 03:37 PM
  #7
myrocketsgotcracked
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Van was lucky last yr to not have any injury to the top line, i doubt they'll all play 82 games again. last yr was the best chance for the 'nucks to win the division (very good health, Avs had a bad start) yet we still come up short, so i dont think we'll have a chance this season (btw i have faith in aebisher)

 
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.