HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Peter Mueller

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2014, 08:02 PM
zharkenby

vCash: 500
Peter Mueller

Where does everyone think he will end up?

Old
07-22-2014, 08:05 PM
Boltsfan9175

Europe, sadly

Old
07-22-2014, 08:06 PM
Beezeral

back in switerland or retired imo.

he is not good enough to play in anyone's top 6 and is too one dimensional to play in anyone's bottom 6.

Old
07-22-2014, 08:12 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

There's a fairly strong rumor that he has a tryout offer with Carolina in training camp.

Old
07-22-2014, 08:31 PM
JMP

I'm really surprised the pens haven't taken a run at this guy, he'd come cheap: >= 1 million for 1 year. He has great hands, a deceptive release on his shot, and skating is ok. He'd be a great setup guy for malkin and Crosby makes all the forwards around him look good.

Old
07-22-2014, 08:37 PM
aOvechkin8

I really think the Coyotes should give this guy a shot. He can replace Vrbata. Even the Habs, they have a hole on RW

Old
07-22-2014, 09:02 PM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
There's a fairly strong rumor that he has a tryout offer with Carolina in training camp.
I tried searching it but came up empty.

Could we get any sources on that?

Old
07-22-2014, 09:05 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by zharkenby View Post
Where does everyone think he will end up?
In the dumpster. He's hot garbage water. So that's where he belongs.

07-22-2014, 09:06 PM
Beezeral

an offensively challenged team like the panthers decided he wasn't worth a roster slot. that should speak volumes

Old
07-22-2014, 09:06 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by aOvechkin8 View Post
I really think the Coyotes should give this guy a shot. He can replace Vrbata. Even the Habs, they have a hole on RW
He can replace Vrbata? Which aspect of Vrbata? He'd be a fairly decent stand-in on the bench or in the dressing room, or even on the team bus It's just the part where he's on the ice that's a problem.

Old
07-22-2014, 09:16 PM
Glass Beauns
Violent Gents Unite

Hoping the Pens invite him to camp

Old
07-22-2014, 09:23 PM
aOvechkin8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
He can replace Vrbata? Which aspect of Vrbata? He'd be a fairly decent stand-in on the bench or in the dressing room, or even on the team bus It's just the part where he's on the ice that's a problem.
Mueller is a young (ish) play making/scoring winger. He's been decimated by injuries, but still has a ton of skill. If he can stay healthy,he can be an easy 30+ point scorer. He's not looking for 5m/yr contract, and with a hole in the line up because Vrbata left, its worth a shot.

Old
07-22-2014, 09:27 PM
Beezeral

Quote:
Mueller is a young (ish) play making/scoring winger. He's been decimated by injuries, but still has a ton of skill. If he can stay healthy,he can be an easy 30+ point scorer. He's not looking for 5m/yr contract, and with a hole in the line up because Vrbata left, its worth a shot.
I like Mueller. He was great next to Huberdeau. but for 30 points you get someone who is horrific defensively. even at a vet min salary, is that really worth it?

Old
07-22-2014, 09:31 PM
aOvechkin8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
I like Mueller. He was great next to Huberdeau. but for 30 points you get someone who is horrific defensively. even at a vet min salary, is that really worth it?
Honestly i think it is, the Yotes have a decent Prospect pool of Forwards, but I don't think they're ready to fill in the shoes of Vrbata. Mueller can be a temporary (one year) solution.

Old
07-22-2014, 09:37 PM
impeach estaalo
timgleson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Priest View Post
I tried searching it but came up empty.

Could we get any sources on that?
a horrible hurricanes blog with supposed inside sources tweeted about it

Old
07-22-2014, 09:58 PM
Kai Yo T

Quote:
Can't see Don Maloney bringing back a player that seemed to be dogging it when he played and already requested a trade out of Phoenix in the first place. Don't see it as a good fit in any way at all, just like attempting to bring Turris or Wheeler back... Just won't happen on principle alone.

Old
07-22-2014, 10:06 PM
fmrdh

He couldn't be any worse than Setoguchi is/was, I'd take him on a cheap 1 yr deal.

Old
07-22-2014, 11:18 PM
jetkarma

P

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmrdh View Post
He couldn't be any worse than Setoguchi is/was, I'd take him on a cheap 1 yr deal.
I have thought he may an option for Wpg. For a couple of years. He isn't very good defensively unless that improved in Europe ( unlikely ) but he has size and is a good skater. Something Maurice is particular too. He won't get much for dollars or term and likely would be very motivated to play himself I to anther longer/ better contract .

Old
07-22-2014, 11:35 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
No. Mueller is a lazy, soft floater who dogs it and pouts if things don't come easy. He's a mental midget and is out of the NHL because he sucks and can't hack it.

Old
07-22-2014, 11:36 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
I have thought he may an option for Wpg. For a couple of years. He isn't very good defensively unless that improved in Europe ( unlikely ) but he has size and is a good skater. Something Maurice is particular too. He won't get much for dollars or term and likely would be very motivated to play himself I to anther longer/ better contract .
Technically you need to move your feet to be a good skater. He just coasts...when he's not standing around.

Old
07-22-2014, 11:41 PM
PeterTheGreat

Like day comes after night, another thread about Mueller and another irrational tirade of hate from rt.

We get it, he left on bad terms in Phoenix. He probably pouted a bit and maybe didnt give it his all when he should have. He should have handled it better. But to continue to rag on this guy 5 years later seems kinda childish and pointless to be honest.

Old
07-22-2014, 11:55 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
Like day comes after night, another thread about Mueller and another irrational tirade of hate from rt.

We get it, he left on bad terms in Phoenix. He probably pouted a bit and maybe didnt give it his all when he should have. He should have handled it better. But to continue to rag on this guy 5 years later seems kinda childish and pointless to be honest.
Do I take time to bash Wheeler? Or even Turris? I have more reason to dislike them for their actions. Mueller asked for a trade long after things went south. I hate both Turris and Wheeler a whole hell of a lot more, but both are really good nhl players. Mueller is not. He's garbage.

I know he had a twelve game hot streak for the avalanche once, so you think you know what kind of a hockey player he is, but you are incorrect.

The reason I pop my head up for these threads is the insistent and ridiculous narrative that continues to manifest itself each summer that he somehow has value as an NHL player.

Don't worry. I'm sure this is the last summer anyone bothers to make a thread about him. So it'll be behind us both soon.

Old
07-23-2014, 12:11 AM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Technically you need to move your feet to be a good skater. He just coasts...when he's not standing around.
You can be lazy and still be a good skater TECHNICALLY . Rumour is he wants back big time which COULD be enough of a motivation. Maybe not. Hence the no signing to date and the low cost, dollar wise and term if he is signed.

Hard to know how how changed he may be but he has the skills to be an ok third line piece. I would do my due diligence if I was a team that could use a still youngish player with that skillset.

Old
07-23-2014, 12:20 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
You can be lazy and still be a good skater TECHNICALLY . Rumour is he wants back big time which COULD be enough of a motivation. Maybe not. Hence the no signing to date and the low cost, dollar wise and term if he is signed.

Hard to know how how changed he may be but he has the skills to be an ok third line piece. I would do my due diligence if I was a team that could use a still youngish player with that skillset.
Could be. You never know.

Old
07-23-2014, 01:56 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 855
This guy is easily NHL caliber, anyone who suggests otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.