HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

With Heatly gone....

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2003, 03:04 PM
KingTY

vCash: 500
With Heatly gone....

Do you think Kovalchuk's production will suffer?

I believe he will remain roughly the same. However, I predicted a slight increase from last yr, to around 75 points this yr. Missing Heatly on the PP will hurt him...although, he will now be the main weapon. so ..??

I also think this yr will be a write off for Heatly. do you think the mental after effects will affect his game, if he is able to return?

Too bad, Atl had an outside chance at a playoff spot. not anymore...

thoughts??

Old
10-03-2003, 03:07 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTY
Do you think Kovalchuk's production will suffer?

I believe he will remain roughly the same. However, I predicted a slight increase from last yr, to around 75 points this yr. Missing Heatly on the PP will hurt him...although, he will now be the main weapon. so ..??

I also think this yr will be a write off for Heatly. do you think the mental after effects will affect his game, if he is able to return?

Too bad, Atl had an outside chance at a playoff spot. not anymore...

thoughts??
I think Kovalchuk will break out this season. Maybe this will give him more opportunities. He's not a guy who needs to rely on others for his own betterment.

Old
10-03-2003, 03:26 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
I think Kovalchuk will break out this season. Maybe this will give him more opportunities. He's not a guy who needs to rely on others for his own betterment.
What opportunities will he get this year he hasn't already had? It's not like he was clouded under Heatley. Atlanta is a two-horse show, but because one horse is pulling up lame, doesn't mean the other one will be affected.

Being on different lines, and already given all the opportunities he's already had, I think it'll be natural progression on Ilya.

Old
10-03-2003, 04:02 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
From what I gather, Kovalchuk and Heatley were on different lines more often than playing together. I think he'll pot 45 this year.

Old
10-03-2003, 04:16 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Vickers
What opportunities will he get this year he hasn't already had? It's not like he was clouded under Heatley. Atlanta is a two-horse show, but because one horse is pulling up lame, doesn't mean the other one will be affected.

Being on different lines, and already given all the opportunities he's already had, I think it'll be natural progression on Ilya.
That's why I said 'maybe'. I dunno.

Jeeze why's everyone got a temper tonight. It's just my opinion.

Old
10-03-2003, 04:53 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Vickers

Well, for one thing, he might get to play with Kozlov and Savard rather than Patrick "hands of stone" Stefan and whatever AHL callup the Thrashers are trying out each week.

Old
10-03-2003, 05:16 PM
Missionhockey

Then again its a double edged sword for him. With Heatley out he will get more ice time with better players, but then again he will also be the focus of the defenses and their top priority will be to stop him.

Old
10-04-2003, 08:07 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Well Kozlov hurt his hand last night, so Ilya was running the PP. He didn't look too bad out there.

I think Ilya is going to have a monster year now. People talk about his immaturity, but I think this accident is really going to motivate him to get the most out. I think Ilya will see this as a challenge.

More PP time will certainly pump up his stats, and it will also allow him to showcase his playmaking ability.

Old
10-04-2003, 12:07 PM
SwedenRulez

vCash:
Heatley is injury (EA SPORTS Games Cover Malediction? ):

I think Kovalchuk will get around the same amount of points as last year because he didn't play on the same line as Heatley, so missing him will not hurt him to hard.

+The Trashers will probably play together with determination (like the Habs did when Saku had Cancer) and sneak into the playoffs.

Old
10-04-2003, 07:50 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
That's why I said 'maybe'. I dunno.

Jeeze why's everyone got a temper tonight. It's just my opinion.
I don't think giving politely his opinion, even if different than yours, qualifies as displaying "a hot temper".

However, your post certainly qualifies as an oversensitive reaction.

Old
10-04-2003, 07:59 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
I don't think giving politely his opinion, even if different than yours, qualifies as displaying "a hot temper".

However, your post certainly qualifies as an oversensitive reaction.
I was being defensive and oversensitive. I think it was because I got ripped apart for saying something else in another thread which I forget now.

Old
10-04-2003, 09:04 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon
Well, for one thing, he might get to play with Kozlov and Savard rather than Patrick "hands of stone" Stefan and whatever AHL callup the Thrashers are trying out each week.
Patrik Stefan? If only! The line he saw most action with last season was Kovalchuk-Hrkac-Bartecko (hooray!)...Stefan is used as their "checking" center.

Old
10-04-2003, 09:40 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
It would be cool to see Ovechkin play on Kovalchuk team

Old
10-05-2003, 08:19 AM
Blatny Spears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
Patrik Stefan? If only! The line he saw most action with last season was Kovalchuk-Hrkac-Bartecko (hooray!)...Stefan is used as their "checking" center.
No, he played quite a lot with Stefan last year and has been almost exclusively this preseason. Patrik's hands are very soft, by the way; they're just not terribly productive.

Old
10-05-2003, 08:39 AM
Vincent Vega
GGTK

I think this is the year we see what Ilya is made of. He will be there go to guy offensivly and from what I have heard his all around game is improved. I predict if he starts off hot he will pot 50 if not he will get between 40-45.

Old
10-05-2003, 10:33 AM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
I am definetely going with 45 goals this season for Ilya. He may get concentrated on more but he still can burn almost any D man in the league.

Closed Thread