HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New NHL Video games?

Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2005, 01:21 PM
biscuithead

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
New NHL Video games?

Anyone played the latest incarnations? Are the rosters up to date with trades and sigings? I've been a NHL2k fan of late but EA looks to have some new innovations this year.

Old
09-14-2005, 02:32 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuithead
Anyone played the latest incarnations? Are the rosters up to date with trades and sigings? I've been a NHL2k fan of late but EA looks to have some new innovations this year.
EA sports has Kariya on the preds in it new faces video, Man is it awsome to see him in a Preds jersey.
NHL 2006 Videos

BTW Vinny Lecavier is not the greatest player in the world as those videos show if he was we got really shafted picking 2nd in 98.

Old
09-14-2005, 03:56 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 10000
I have EA's NHL 2003, and I really loved it. Im going to pick up 2006 when I get the spare cash for it.

Old
09-14-2005, 04:32 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
I bought NHL 2K6 for the Xbox because it has the auto roster updates through xbox live. Which, by the way, I found out won't even be available until October. All in all the game looks like it was severly rushed. The controls are strange, the online play sucks, and the menus and "slider" options are out of the world hard to use and get used to. After I bought it I wondered if I overpayed for a $19.99 video game.

On top of all that ESPN is no longer affiliated with it so it looks plain as can be. It's actually kind of sad to play. I hope it's better when the roster updates come out.

P.S. Paul Kayria is still a UFA in the game.

Old
09-16-2005, 01:15 PM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
I used to swear by EA's line but when 2k6 came out at $19.99 I bought it and was blown away. But now than they've lost the ESPN deal and EA looks to have some new features, I'm at a quandry.

Old
09-16-2005, 01:33 PM
FangFingers

Had them both.

NHL 2k6 is all about gameplay. The polish isnt that great, and the rosters are Aug 1st (you can fix them with about an hour). Losing the ESPN thing hurt. Still, with a little slider tweaking, the best representation of real hockey that you can get.

NHL2006 is also good. Looks great. Plays fun. Not necessarily realistic (you'll routinely have 50-60 shots on goal). Not very challenging, as theres not much defense. Fun game though. Lots of bells and whistles. Looks alot better than 2k6.

I personally played 2K6 more. Fixed the rosters.

It depends on your style of play. If you just want some quick hockey action, or play primarily against other people, NHL2006 is probably the way to go. If you play alot, like in franchise mode or, like me, want it as realistic as possible, go with NHL2k6.

Old
09-16-2005, 02:47 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
2k6 plays almost identical to 2k5 if you ask me with a few slight changes. I've been a fan of the 2k series since 2k4 and haven't had a chance to check out nhl 2006 yet.

Closed Thread