HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Enigmatic Yakupov and The Bounce Back

Old
07-30-2014, 12:09 PM
SupremeTeam16
5-14-6-1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob Fail View Post
Please don't ever help your children with math homework.
Bahahaha god that's embarrassing. By the way do you need an accountant?

As for the comment about those being disappointing numbers for a 3rd year 1st overall, it's understandable but I think this season is a year where much like last year for RNH, Yaks will focus on improving his overall game and while his point totals might not be where some might expect them to be his overall game will be better.

It's not like he is going to lose his offensive ability but learning to play away from the puck in turn will help him put up more points. The most important thing I was ever taught in hockey is that if you wanna score goals and put up points your team needs to have the puck, you want the puck you gotta play in all 3 zones.

SupremeTeam16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 12:30 PM
Eirhead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeTeam16 View Post
Bahahaha god that's embarrassing. By the way do you need an accountant?

As for the comment about those being disappointing numbers for a 3rd year 1st overall, it's understandable but I think this season is a year where much like last year for RNH, Yaks will focus on improving his overall game and while his point totals might not be where some might expect them to be his overall game will be better.

It's not like he is going to lose his offensive ability but learning to play away from the puck in turn will help him put up more points. The most important thing I was ever taught in hockey is that if you wanna score goals and put up points your team needs to have the puck, you want the puck you gotta play in all 3 zones.
Or maybe Eakins will figure out how to use Yakupov properly and he'll light it up! Set plays is where it's at

Yak is one of those guys, where you really shouldn't be trying to change him that much. You should be adjusting your strategy and personnel around him to best utilize his skillset. Sure, it never hurts to have a team full Selke finalists, but the fact is, that's not how all players play... and I really don't think Yak is ever going to be that guy.

Eirhead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 01:44 PM
SupremeTeam16
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist View Post
Or maybe Eakins will figure out how to use Yakupov properly and he'll light it up! Set plays is where it's at

Yak is one of those guys, where you really shouldn't be trying to change him that much. You should be adjusting your strategy and personnel around him to best utilize his skillset. Sure, it never hurts to have a team full Selke finalists, but the fact is, that's not how all players play... and I really don't think Yak is ever going to be that guy.
I definitely agree that strategically deploying him will make a huge difference and I'm not suggesting they change the style of game he plays I'm just saying that he needs to be more responsible and reliable all over the ice and in turn that will produce more offensive chances. At times last year he just looked lost and hopefully guys like Ramsay and Thompson can work with him.

SupremeTeam16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 01:49 PM
OiledUp

Is it just me or does Yaks accent in the new interviews almost sound hispanic? A russian mexican. Don Cherrys head will explode.

He looks so calm and happy in comparison to last season, it's great to see. I actually think he looks like a man in love, maybe he had a good summer indeed.

If Eakins kills this kids joy and confidence this season I will personally fly from sweden and shave off all that floppy hair.

OiledUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 01:51 PM
ohheyhemsky
Regehr DooDoo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OiledUp View Post
Is it just me or does Yaks accent in the new interviews almost sound hispanic? A russian mexican. Don Cherrys head will explode.

He looks so calm and happy in comparison to last season, it's great to see. I actually think he looks like a man in love, maybe he had a good summer indeed.

If Eakins kills this kids joy and confidence this season I will personally fly from sweden and shave off all that floppy hair.
Shaving his head wouldn't do anything.

Now, spilling a little bit of water on his jacket by mistake....

ohheyhemsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 02:05 PM
Trafalgar McLaw
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohheyhemsky View Post
Shaving his head wouldn't do anything.

Now, spilling a little bit of water on his jacket by mistake....
Yakupov would be benched for the next 10 games.

Trafalgar McLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 07:48 PM
Philly85
I Ain't Even Mad

I know they couldn't fire his ass last year and the coaching carousel in Edmonton is absolutely bush league but I'm really not looking forward to seeing Eakins back. He's ****ing awful. Not to mention unlikeable.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 08:07 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
I know they couldn't fire his ass last year and the coaching carousel in Edmonton is absolutely bush league but I'm really not looking forward to seeing Eakins back. He's ****ing awful. Not to mention unlikeable.
Keeping Dallas Eakins is all part of the plan.

Oilers finish 8th with Krueger and then he gets fired only for the Oilers to hire Eakins and regress.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 08:30 PM
skorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Ahh I see what Lowe is trying to do, keep Eakins so we can get McDavid... check

skorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 08:44 PM
Coach Travis
2016 Champs!!!

With all the proposals for Yak I'd be thrilled if my Pens got him. It's called a "sophomore slump" for a reason. I don't doubt that last year was the low point in his career. He'll be a star in this league.

Coach Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 08:53 PM
oilz89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisUlrich View Post
With all the proposals for Yak I'd be thrilled if my Pens got him. It's called a "sophomore slump" for a reason. I don't doubt that last year was the low point in his career. He'll be a star in this league.
Please explain this to these oil fans most wanna run him out of town after 1.5 seasons

oilz89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 09:38 PM
4thlineforlife

His two interviews he did impressed the heck out of me. Sounds super committed and focused on putting last year behind him and putting any blame on himself. He sounded super mature and dedictated, so hopefully he shows it in his training and on the ice

4thlineforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 09:59 PM
12Brady
----------╲---------

vCash: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
His two interviews he did impressed the heck out of me. Sounds super committed and focused on putting last year behind him and putting any blame on himself. He sounded super mature and dedictated, so hopefully he shows it in his training and on the ice
Yep, I was very impressed as well, looks like he's learned a lot of English.

25 goals would be very awesome for him next season, but I doubt it if he gets the ice time with the arrival of Pouliot and Purcell.

07-30-2014, 11:39 PM
McPuritania
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE View Post
Yep, I was very impressed as well, looks like he's learned a lot of English.

25 goals would be very awesome for him next season, but I doubt it if he gets the ice time with the arrival of Pouliot and Purcell.
If Purcell is ahead of Yak in the lineup, something is wrong.

McPuritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2014, 12:15 AM
Trafalgar McLaw
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Something is wrong though. It's called Dallas Eakins. I mean Eakins played a player that's worse than Purcell (Hemsky) over him.

Trafalgar McLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2014, 01:25 AM
hyster110

Quote:

Oilers finish 8th with Krueger and then he gets fired only for the Oilers to hire Eakins and regress.
check your facts, oilers didnt finish 8th under krueger, we finished 24 in league standings and 12th in the conference. we were in 8th for a day then got manhandled for the next 5 games.

hyster110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2014, 03:08 AM
Spawn

Quote:
I don't really think there is going to be a dedicated 2nd line to be honest. I think the 2nd and 3rd lines will get very similar ice time. I wouldn't be surprised to see Yak with Pouliot and not Perron though. The only thing that makes absolute sense is Hall-RNH-Eberle. But truthfully, I wouldn't be surprised if Eakins broke that line up to have more of a "veteran presence" spread throughout. Boyd Gordon is likely going to be seeing more offensive minutes than anyone will like to see.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2014, 03:41 AM
12Brady
----------╲---------

vCash: 154
Quote:

Quote:
Considering how he was treating Yakupov last year I wouldn't be surprised, but Yakupov needs to play better too.

12Brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2014, 07:36 AM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

vCash: 99
Heh. Just watched Yaks at a hockey school on the Oilers site.

Pretty awesome watching him challenging a bunch of 6 year olds to a fight!

Looks like he's found the fun again.

Was also surprised how much that foot injury from the J Schultz clapper affected him. Said he was scared to skate the first time on it.

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2014, 12:28 PM
McAsuno*
5-14-6-1

Gotta love the NHL's facebook page full of the exact same comments made from people you would expect on here calling him a bust and ragging on his +/- .

McAsuno* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2014, 01:06 PM
MoneyGuy

I've been at this a long time and I think the average sports fan is an idiot. Don't give them much credence.

I also think Yak will develop into a really good player. Those who say trade him are believers, I guess, in buying high and selling low.

MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2014, 01:17 PM
Ninety7
go oil go

love the kid. always such a happy guy. hope he does amazing next year

Ninety7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2014, 03:09 PM
Craig MacAtaracts
Visually...

vCash: 855
Yak is going to do fine this year.

If any of you saw from his interviews, he's got some good hair going on right now. This will earn him a lot of respect from Dallas Eakins.

Although, I will say that seeing Yak wear a hat worries me a little bit--I hear Eakins doesn't like hats.

Craig MacAtaracts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2014, 03:22 PM
ohheyhemsky
Regehr DooDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sVpph View Post
Yak is going to do fine this year.

If any of you saw from his interviews, he's got some good hair going on right now. This will earn him a lot of respect from Dallas Eakins.

Although, I will say that seeing Yak wear a hat worries me a little bit--I hear Eakins doesn't like hats.
Are you sure?

Ryan Jones couldn't get out of here quick enough and Ryan Smyth was forced into retirement.

Eakins is the only one who is allowed to have hair in this dressing room.

ohheyhemsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2014, 04:22 PM
NHLNUT04
HFBoards Sponsor

Oiler Nail Yakupov gets number 10 on his jersey

NHLNUT04 is offline   Reply With Quote