HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

McCarthy's camp

Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2005, 02:40 AM
Jack Canuck

vCash: 500
McCarthy's camp

http://blog.canucks.com/

For those interested, it looks like McCarthy will be posting on the canuck blog during camp.

Old
09-14-2005, 10:32 PM
asavage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Canuck
http://blog.canucks.com/

For those interested, it looks like McCarthy will be posting on the canuck blog during camp.
I saw it before you posted it but it is pretty fun to read. There is another post today. It looks like he will be writing fairly frequently during camp.

Old
09-14-2005, 11:21 PM
THE SOVIET*

Send a message via AIM to THE SOVIET* Send a message via Yahoo to THE SOVIET*
Cool....

Old
09-15-2005, 12:16 AM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
I really like this guy. He is genuinely amazed by all this and excited. I am really hoping he makes the team.

"and I am very luck to be rooming with him."

A typo... tsk.

Old
09-15-2005, 01:05 AM
PecaFan

I've been following his career since I fantasy drafted him in '99, so I'm a bit pre-disposed, but he's quickly becoming my favourite player. Gracious, well mannered, such a refreshing outlook on things.

Old
09-15-2005, 02:29 AM
Jack Canuck

I thought it was kind of cool to hear first hand what the experience it like for them.

Old
09-15-2005, 09:43 PM
LumpenLouche

I find it interesting when he says stuff like "I haven't really done anything like this before". What the hell were they doing in Chicago at camp? makes it sound pretty bad.

Old
09-16-2005, 10:28 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpenLouche
I find it interesting when he says stuff like "I haven't really done anything like this before". What the hell were they doing in Chicago at camp? makes it sound pretty bad.
not sure if you were trying to be sarcastic there - but since I didn't see any smilies...

I'm pretty sure he meant that about writing a blog spot... most players don't do that, and reading the article, it sounded like he was approached to do it, and decided to do it - even though, he's never done anything like that before.

Old
09-16-2005, 02:46 PM
bure94

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
not sure if you were trying to be sarcastic there - but since I didn't see any smilies...

I'm pretty sure he meant that about writing a blog spot... most players don't do that, and reading the article, it sounded like he was approached to do it, and decided to do it - even though, he's never done anything like that before.
Quote:
This afternoon we are going back to the hotel for meetings and some team building. I havenít really done anything like this before so I donít really know what to expect, but you can be sure that I will let you know how everything went tomorrow!
Not really. In context, he's saying he's never done a 'team building meeting' before. Not writing in a blog.

I am left to wonder *** they are doing in Chitown too. Sometimes I think the management and coaching really play a bigger role than we think. Carter also mentioned that the rags were 'completely disorganized' and he likes the structure and focus with Vancouver.

Old
09-16-2005, 02:52 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Im not suprised really. When you have someone like Crow as your coach things should be better.

Old
09-16-2005, 03:52 PM
THE SOVIET*

Send a message via AIM to THE SOVIET* Send a message via Yahoo to THE SOVIET*
Geez, I thought team building things where the norm in the NHL? I mean it only creates a stronger bond between the guys....better to have that, then everyone not talking to each other...

Old
09-16-2005, 04:18 PM
Impossibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bure94
Not really. In context, he's saying he's never done a 'team building meeting' before. Not writing in a blog.

I am left to wonder *** they are doing in Chitown too. Sometimes I think the management and coaching really play a bigger role than we think. Carter also mentioned that the rags were 'completely disorganized' and he likes the structure and focus with Vancouver.
That's not the first time I've heard about the rags being unorganized. Slats has turned that franchise into a joke, but apparently the head of MSG loves him. I could see a guy like Burke moved in there in a couple years (depending how things go in Anahiem).

From all accounts, Chicago is the bengals of the NHL. The franchise is so poorly run its almost comical, if it wasn't so sad. I don't understand how teams can be expected to win when ownership runs the business so poorly.

Old
09-16-2005, 04:22 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE SOVIET
Geez, I thought team building things where the norm in the NHL? I mean it only creates a stronger bond between the guys....better to have that, then everyone not talking to each other...
If I was Crawford, I'd set the rink on fire... nothing builds comradery and closeness better and quicker than a disaster... They survive together as a team... or die... as individuals...

Better yet, I'd light Bertuzzi on fire...

Old
09-16-2005, 04:51 PM
Johnny LaRue

vCash: 200
The fact that they are having certain players write in blogs interests me. I think this is obviously an earnest attempt to have hockey players connect with the fans more. I've often felt very little fan-player connection in hockey versus other sports.

Old
09-16-2005, 04:58 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_LaRue
I've often felt very little fan-player connection in hockey versus other sports.

I like the interviews and blog stuff they got going. Its pretty funny/interesting.

I agree there needs to be more connection between fans and players. I like it.

Old
09-16-2005, 05:55 PM
quat
intheDanRusseljungle

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola
I like the interviews and blog stuff they got going. Its pretty funny/interesting.

I agree there needs to be more connection between fans and players. I like it.
Are there any blogs other than McCarthy's?

Old
09-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Kickassguy

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bure94

I think NFITO might have been referring to the earlier day, where McCarthy said this:

"Hey Canucks fans. This is my first try at anything like this and when TC Carling and Michael Kinghorn approached me I was kind of leery, but I thought it would be a good way to talk about the stuff going on in camp. "

Old
09-16-2005, 07:43 PM
LumpenLouche

Yup I wasn't referring to the blog, just shocked at the fact Chi-city never did any "team-building".. unless you count going to see peelers with Theo

Last edited by LumpenLouche: 09-17-2005 at 02:21 AM.
Old
09-17-2005, 01:17 AM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Quote:
Originally Posted by quat
Are there any blogs other than McCarthy's?
Nope. But theyve been using the same blog for various things.

Old
09-17-2005, 01:58 AM
express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossibles
From all accounts, Chicago is the bengals of the NHL. The franchise is so poorly run its almost comical, if it wasn't so sad. I don't understand how teams can be expected to win when ownership runs the business so poorly.
to be fair, the Bengals are actually starting to look decent

Old
09-17-2005, 04:08 AM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola
Nope. But theyve been using the same blog for various things.
Lukowich is writing one for the Isles.

Old
09-17-2005, 04:22 AM
Avery4Byng*

Quote:
Originally Posted by korczyk
Playoffs in sight.

Old
09-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Impossibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by korczyk
Yeah, they finally turned things around a couple seasons ago.

But I remember reading an article about Takeo Spikes, and he said that the Bengals practice facility was completely run down, all the practice jerseys/socks were old and had holes in them, and ownership refused to replace them.

That's how I imagine the Chicago franchise.

Old
09-17-2005, 09:50 PM
ohlund2.2

That was a good read..good to see the guys having fun up in Whistler, bonding, playing hard for a spot..I like McCarthy, and I hope he has a great year with the nucks.

Old
09-18-2005, 11:26 AM
OntCanuck

Team building is one of those weird things because most of the time you get the sense that they are there for each other because of how they act on the ice. In reality most cities have teams where certain players can't stand others and they talk little if only to say the other is crazy. After the Cup run there were rumours that the russian contingent and a contingent of guys around Linden were at odds and thought the team should play and be built to there style. On Leafs TV today a couple of the reporters suggested that the dressing room in Toronto had been divided for years now.

Closed Thread