HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Edmonton Eskimos 2014 CFL season is here! Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
08-23-2014, 07:02 PM
Ek het lief Woef
woof woof woof

vCash: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
lol

NIchols makes questionable decisions, is very uncertain out there and is scared beyond belief of a career ending injury. If you couldn't see he was tentative out there all day and rattled I can't help you. This is a player that has had two long term injuries in a row and not even being able to complete one game in that span. This is his first complete game played in years.

This is what a guy looks like after that when the first thing on his mind has to be will he even finish the game.

He was hearing footsteps all day whether they were there or not. Try to deny it on the scamper its completey odd. Reilly on that roll out gets 15yds easy. Nichols was all tentative as he was most of the game.

Not blaming him either as its terrible the stuff that's happened to him but to say he's great out there. jebus

The Esks won in spite of Nichols.
I said he's a great QB, not that he played great today.

As for the bolded, Reilly has been hearing footsteps all season as well. Timid in the pocket has been a good way to describe Mike this year too.

And I hated that slide. He had the first down and more easy. I screamed at the TV lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
Don't forget, Ray is the reason why Toronto doesn't have a good attendance.

When I first read that, I thought Replacement was joking. I think I was wrong

Old
08-23-2014, 07:04 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Don't forget, Ray is the reason why Toronto doesn't have a good attendance.
Don't forget 90% of your posts on a messageboard are strawman arguments.

What was stated is that Ray is a marquee player, and the top paid player in the league and a player that doesn't particularly excite anybody and who doesn't put butts in the stands.

Attendance has eroded since Ray has played in Toronto. If I'm an Argo fan Owens is entertaining and most of the reason I go.

Threes no doubt whatsoever that a guy like Doug Flutie was entertaining and put a lot more people in the stands than Ray.

From an economic standpoint theres very little reason why you would have Ray in your lineup for .5M/season. In a capped league with a tightcap theres very little reason you'd do it period.\

I lol each time people state "well Ray has no help". When you're contract is occupying so much of that cap its not hard to see that the team will have to make sacrifices elsewhere in lineup and will have trouble maintaining all guys. To Wit the Esks have several Argos castoffs that were made expendable due to numbers games.

Old
08-23-2014, 07:05 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ser Woof View Post
I said he's a great QB, not that he played great today.

As for the bolded, Reilly has been hearing footsteps all season as well. Timid in the pocket has been a good way to describe Mike this year too.

And I hated that slide. He had the first down and more easy. I screamed at the TV lol.

When I first read that, I thought Replacement was joking. I think I was wrong
Wasn't what was ever stated. But why have a discussion I guess when you can just play one offs with Tad.

Let me know if that's the poster you want to be on this board and I'll respond accordingly from now on.

That aside if you were Argos owner would you be paying RR .5M/season while seeing 15K in the stands (new lows every week in Toronto) Perhaps you can argue how the Ray contract makes any sense whatsoever economically speaking for the Argos. I could see it if this was a marquee player that was a draw player that people go just to see. Ray is not that player. Most of us can spot that.

Old
08-23-2014, 07:06 PM
Ek het lief Woef
woof woof woof

The Esks are (although not an impressive, by any stretch of the imagination) 7-1!

Now let's kick some Stampeder ass. That blown game still irks me, nothing would make me happier than to see 9-1 after the Labor Day game and rematch. We need healthy bodies back like right now.

Old
08-23-2014, 07:07 PM
Ek het lief Woef
woof woof woof

Quote:
Wasn't what was ever stated. But why have a discussion I guess when you can just play one offs with Tad.

Let me know if that's the poster you want to be on this board and I'll respond accordingly from now on.
I didn't remember its context, I just remembered the comment

Anyway, I agree with you on plenty. Ray and Mike Reilly's performance this season withstanding, I have no problem respectfully agreeing to disagree with you.

It's weird... at 7-1, you think we'd all be a little bit happier

Old
08-23-2014, 07:10 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ser Woof View Post
I didn't remember its context, I just remembered the comment

Anyway, I agree with you on plenty. Ray and Mike Reilly's performance this season withstanding, I have no problem respectfully agreeing to disagree with you.

It's weird... at 7-1, you think we'd all be a little bit happier
Thanks, sorry for getting testy there. Just that theres a few guys on this board that only state one thing and that are here only to harass.

Nobody particularly enjoys distortion of what they've stated. What it always indicates is people not being able to discuss the topic at hand.

Anyway yeah, good times, Ray kind of pisses me off though so...

Old
08-23-2014, 07:17 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

When someone posts something asinine without any evidence to support it, they deserve the flack that they get. So, Ray being the cause of of Toronto's lack of attendance is one of those dumb statements that has no evidence to it. Thus, it should be not be taken seriously.

Also, I'd rather do "one offs than" type up essays that contain nothing but ********. I get straight to the point.

Old
08-23-2014, 07:22 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:
When someone posts something asinine without any evidence to support it, they deserve the flack that they get. So, Ray being the cause of of Toronto's lack of attendance is one of those dumb statements that has no evidence to it. Thus, it should be not be taken seriously.

Also, I'd rather do "run offs than type up" essays that contain nothing but ********. I get straight to the point.
As the Marquee Argo and the highest paid player in the league by a country mile isn't Ray more culpable for the Argos poor attendance in Toronto than anybody else on the field? This is Entertainment. In the Entertainment industry if your star isn't selling tickets you tend to look for another.

I know its something you don't want to consider, or even look at, but I'm not convinced you can really dispute what I'm stating.

I guess you can rely on that's "asinine" or "dumb statement" rebuttals but that's not an argument and it seems as if you can't ever make one.

At least I've rarely seen you try. Whether that be in reply to my posts or anybodies.

One Question. Would you be paying Ray .5M/ in Toronto to draw peanuts?

Old
08-23-2014, 07:43 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad they won. I was pretty pessimistic when they lost their starter on the opening play. Labour day should be entertaining.

Old
08-23-2014, 07:51 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Glad they won. I was pretty pessimistic when they lost their starter on the opening play. Labour day should be entertaining.
Yeah I was expecting the team to get blown out after that. Glad they didn't, thrilled they are 7-1 but....

I'm concerned that they let up in the second half. Twice in a row they've done that after amounting a big lead in the first, their game (on offence at least) just vanishes.

I'm not convinced Calgary is a good team either. I'm actually finding it hard to find a single great team this season.

Old
08-23-2014, 07:54 PM
rosemount289

Toronto has always.................???

To me, Toronto has always been a poor town to support football. Even when the Bills were playing in TO the support was eroding once the novelty wore off.

Matter of fact, the only team that does well in TO is the Leafs; the Jays moderately supported but only with a contending team.

Old
08-23-2014, 07:58 PM
rboomercat90

vCash: 84
Quote:
Yeah I was expecting the team to get blown out after that. Glad they didn't, thrilled they are 7-1 but....

I'm concerned that they let up in the second half. Twice in a row they've done that after amounting a big lead in the first, their game (on offence at least) just vanishes.

I'm not convinced Calgary is a good team either. I'm actually finding it hard to find a single great team this season.
First time I've ever agreed with you on anything but I don't think there are any good teams in the CFL this year either. Esks are sitting pretty at 7-1, though. Worst case scenario is they fall to fourth and go to the East in a cross over. They won't do worse than that because they are much better than Winnipeg. Even if they lose both games against Calgary they are still in a good spot. This season is going to come down to whoever is playing the best in November, even more so than in any other year.

Old
08-23-2014, 08:13 PM
Del Preston
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
I was at the game so I don't know how much of his antics were shown on TSN but Dwight Anderson is a ****ing idiot.

Old
08-23-2014, 11:04 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Quote:
Thanks, sorry for getting testy there. Just that theres a few guys on this board that only state one thing and that are here only to harass.

Nobody particularly enjoys distortion of what they've stated. What it always indicates is people not being able to discuss the topic at hand.

Anyway yeah, good times, Ray kind of pisses me off though so...
Just quoting this for posterity.

Old
08-23-2014, 11:53 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Man....Ricky Ray is an awesome quarterback.

Don't you think?

Old
08-24-2014, 12:16 AM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Preston View Post
I was at the game so I don't know how much of his antics were shown on TSN but Dwight Anderson is a ****ing idiot.
You just figured that out?

Old
08-24-2014, 02:00 AM
aleshemsky83

Quote:
Ray was pretty good early in his career. But after 2005 its been some pretty lean years for his teams mostly. Good career decision though moving to the really weak EC where it doesn't matter what you do and you make the playoffs.
Are you seriously suggesting Ray hasn't been the best quarterback in the league since he got to Toronto?

Quote:
As the Marquee Argo and the highest paid player in the league by a country mile isn't Ray more culpable for the Argos poor attendance in Toronto than anybody else on the field? This is Entertainment. In the Entertainment industry if your star isn't selling tickets you tend to look for another.

------

One Question. Would you be paying Ray .5M/ in Toronto to draw peanuts?
How is it even possible to argue with this? So Ray, probably the best and most valuable player in the league outside maybe a Jon Cornish, is the reason Torontos attendance is so poor?

Last edited by aleshemsky83: 08-24-2014 at 02:26 AM.
Old
08-24-2014, 02:08 AM
Del Preston
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
You just figured that out?
Haha no, I knew before. Taunting the Eskimos bench after the Reilly fumble when Anderson had nothing to do with the play, slapping an Eskimo in the head after the two grabbed each other following a play. When the Eskimos challenged the pass interference play in the end zone in the 4th quarter, Anderson walked right over to Chris Jones and got in his face. A few Eskimos circled around Anderson and an official had to get him out of there and then I think some Argos had to haul him in. I missed him reaming out Milanovich on the sidelines. Complete meathead.

Last edited by Del Preston: 08-24-2014 at 02:15 AM.
Old
08-24-2014, 02:26 AM
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle

Well, at least *one* Western team will actually lose this week.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
08-24-2014, 02:58 AM
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle

To wit, I think it's ridiculous that the loser of tomorrow's BC/Saskatchewan game is in real danger of missing the playoffs while Ottawa and Hamilton each sit at 1-6 tied for a playoff spot.

Old
08-24-2014, 09:03 AM
AJGass4

First game I've actually watched all season.

My thoughts,

1. Wow, that defensive line is something that I have not seen in Edmonton in a long time.

2. Still think our O-Line is in need of a little work.

3. My god, it's nice seeing that coaching staff on the field. I don't feel sick to my stomach watching this team play anymore.

4. Ed Hervey did a good job this off season and should be commended.

That's it. I hope we win one of the games against Calgary. I am sick of losing to them.

Old
08-24-2014, 09:19 AM
aleshemsky83

Yes outside of the Odell Willis fiasco early on, Hervey has done a pretty good job bringing stability, though he does seem a bit unstable as a person oddly enough

Old
08-24-2014, 10:17 AM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Preston View Post
Haha no, I knew before. Taunting the Eskimos bench after the Reilly fumble when Anderson had nothing to do with the play, slapping an Eskimo in the head after the two grabbed each other following a play. When the Eskimos challenged the pass interference play in the end zone in the 4th quarter, Anderson walked right over to Chris Jones and got in his face. A few Eskimos circled around Anderson and an official had to get him out of there and then I think some Argos had to haul him in. I missed him reaming out Milanovich on the sidelines. Complete meathead.
anderson is an embarrassment to himself, his teammates, and the game of football.... guy can't be out of the league fast enough for my liking... complete and utter idiot

Old
08-24-2014, 10:30 AM
Tyrolean

[QUOTE=Cloned;89106021]Well, at least *one* Western They could tie.

Old
08-24-2014, 11:18 AM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

I miss Kavis Reed! Am I right guys?

Jones, whatever about his iffy play calling and lack of respect for things that are not football, is so much better than Reed. Most organisms would be, granted, but it's so great to see competent coaching

Closed Thread