HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Edmonton Eskimos 2014 CFL season is here! Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
08-01-2014, 03:20 PM
oXo Cube
Termite

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to oXo Cube
Seriously, is it really that hard to avoid baiting Replacement on every other page?

(I love you all though )

Old
08-01-2014, 06:38 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I thought this was the Esks thread. My mistake.
There isn't much to talk about after they ****ed up last game.

Old
08-01-2014, 09:09 PM
MoneyGuy

When the early game is a blow out, why not cut out early to the later game instead of making us suffer to the last gruelling second?

It's probably an advertising and contract thing, I guess.

Old
08-01-2014, 09:33 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

I don't think I've ever cheered so hard for the BC. Lions. So tired about hearing how great Mitchell is when he really isn't.

Old
08-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Del Preston
Pass to Purcell

Bo Levi Mitchell is great.

Old
08-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Been years since I've seen a worse game than that putrid bit of action between the Argos and Als. Boring personified.

Tough year for the CFL. Introduce a new team in the league expected to suck and then as if on cue every Eastern Club forgets how to play football.

In the history of the Als have there ever been a worse club than this one.

Just getting blown out week after week.

Old
08-01-2014, 09:38 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Preston View Post
Bo Levi Mitchell is great.
On a cue a pick-six. Nice.

I'm sure that's what you were referencing, but it's still great.

Also Replacement, be careful what you say about the Als. Montreal has been a house of horrors for the Esks.

Old
08-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
On a cue a pick-six. Nice.

I'm sure that's what you were referencing, but it's still great.

Also Replacement, be careful what you say about the Als. Montreal has been a house of horrors for the Esks.
I know. But if the Esks can't nail this squad they would deserve all the criticism they get.

I'm all for offering benefit of doubt when we lose to a good club. The Als are anything but and now have allowed twice as many pts as the putrid 75pts they have put up. Whats the deal as well with tired retread QB's? Brink is a valid starting QB? Since when. Nonstop clownshow his entire CFL career which oddly enough persists just due to how putrid QB talent is in the league.

Old
08-02-2014, 12:20 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Haw haw haw haw, the Stamps lost.

How do you lose to Kevin Glenn?

It really makes our loss to Calgary all the more maddening.

Old
08-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Kyle McMahon

Glenn isn't that bad. And I'm usually the one bashing him when people call him an elite QB, or at least it was that way in the not-too-distant past.

He is similar to Henry Burris. Not good enough to win championships with (and yes, I know Burris does have one), not bad enough that a replacement QB is likely to be better.

The East just continues to out-do itself every year. Just when you think it can't get any more imbalanced...ya, I'm fully onboard with whoever suggested scrapping divisions. Unfortunately Mark Cohon and the owners are not, at least according to Cohon's comments last week when the subject was brought up. A 7-11 East team is going to host a playoff game, while a 9-9 West team misses the playoffs entirely. 11-7 might only get you a cross-over this year.

Old
08-04-2014, 03:41 PM
Tyrolean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
Glenn isn't that bad. And I'm usually the one bashing him when people call him an elite QB, or at least it was that way in the not-too-distant past.

He is similar to Henry Burris. Not good enough to win championships with (and yes, I know Burris does have one), not bad enough that a replacement QB is likely to be better.

The East just continues to out-do itself every year. Just when you think it can't get any more imbalanced...ya, I'm fully onboard with whoever suggested scrapping divisions. Unfortunately Mark Cohon and the owners are not, at least according to Cohon's comments last week when the subject was brought up. A 7-11 East team is going to host a playoff game, while a 9-9 West team misses the playoffs entirely. 11-7 might only get you a cross-over this year.
Duane Ford is in favor in scrapping the divisions for a long time. I agree with him.

Old
08-05-2014, 04:41 PM
MoneyGuy

Riders' coach Corey Chamblin says Taj Smith is "not with the team." Anyone know if that means more than a one-game suspension?

Old
08-05-2014, 09:30 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Did you watch any of the game? Another lol win for Willy and the Bombers against a putrid opponent that they barely beat and had to come from behind to get the W.

Bombers to date have played 4EC clubs so far.

Only scheduling is propping up current illusion. This is not a very good Football club and with Willy only looking better due to what Bombers fans have seen at QB in past years.
You are entitled to your critical opinion...hard to see it as objective though.

I dont particularity like the Bombers but the games I have watched I think Willy has had far more good moments than bad.

Quote:
Far as Jyles you know my take. That was a year of hope. Hoping the Esks would have some success after years of futility.

That said I don't think anybody should question we're better off at the QB position now than we have been for years.
A year of hope...oh, so thats what it was.

It looked an awful lot like you painting lipstick on a pig to make yourself feel better about trading away a player you didn't like.

An awful lot of failed justification went into your posts back then.

As for today...Reilly is still very much a work in progress. He has been quite underwhelming so far this season.

It remains to be seen if the team is better off. As an Esks fan I am pulling for Reilly but he has a ways to go yet.

Old
08-05-2014, 11:07 PM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Amazing what a team with a real GM and a real coach can do.

Kudos to Hervey and Jones for turning this ship around after the blunders of previous regimes.

Old
08-05-2014, 11:11 PM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I thought this was the Esks thread. My mistake.
They're "cross training".

Old
08-05-2014, 11:13 PM
PDO

Wait, is Replacement still arguing that the Ray trade was good and Tillman is a good GM?

Old
08-05-2014, 11:13 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post
Amazing what a team with a real GM and a real coach can do.

Kudos to Hervey and Jones for turning this ship around after the blunders of previous regimes.
The Defence has been nothing short of brilliant.

The Offense is another matter.

Old
08-05-2014, 11:14 PM
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

Quote:
Wait, is Replacement still arguing that the Ray trade was good and Tillman is a good GM?
don't bother

he'll go on one of his rants

Old
08-05-2014, 11:16 PM
PDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
The Defence has been nothing short of brilliant.

The Offense is another matter.
A healthy Fred Stamps would make a very large difference.

They're short at impact import receivers. I feel like Reilly can still be a lot better, White is the best running back this team has had in what feels like a decade and it's a work in progress.

That said, this team is still 5th in total offense. I'm far from worried, especially given they've had to play the two best D's they'll play all year in BC and Calgary.

Old
08-05-2014, 11:20 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:

They're short at impact import receivers. I feel like Reilly can still be a lot better, White is the best running back this team has had in what feels like a decade and it's a work in progress.

That said, this team is still 5th in total offense. I'm far from worried, especially given they've had to play the two best D's they'll play all year in BC and Calgary.
I'll give you the receiver injury issue but Reilly has made some poor decisions this season. In addition his passing accuracy has been erratic even on short routes.

Reilly just hasnt been particularly effective so far this season. I am not jumping on him...just making an observation.

Maybe the new offense is partially to blame as well.

Old
08-05-2014, 11:23 PM
PDO

Quote:
I'll give you the receiver injury issue but Reilly has made some poor decisions this season. In addition his passing accuracy has been erratic even on short routes.

Reilly just hasnt been particularly effective so far this season. I am not jumping on him...just making an observation.

Maybe the new offense is partially to blame as well.
It's early enough that I'm not worried. It's a new offense, they had a weird training camp, and offenses across the league are struggling.

Old
08-05-2014, 11:23 PM
Hockey Nightmare

We should win this game, so chances are we'll lose. As for Montreal, it's all just desserts. Boo hoo, can't stop losing? Had one of the best QBs in the world for a decade and a half. Played in a weak conference. They're not owed a winning team. Time to suck like the rest of the league has as at some point.

Old
08-06-2014, 03:17 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
No, and I never did. It was never a trade, it was a salary dump.

Old
08-06-2014, 03:20 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:

A year of hope...oh, so thats what it was.

It looked an awful lot like you painting lipstick on a pig to make yourself feel better about trading away a player you didn't like.

An awful lot of failed justification went into your posts back then.

As for today...Reilly is still very much a work in progress. He has been quite underwhelming so far this season.

It remains to be seen if the team is better off. As an Esks fan I am pulling for Reilly but he has a ways to go yet.
Sometimes I get tired of the teams I'm exposed to not doing well. Esks, Oilers, and sometimes you hope for a turn around. For both the Esks and Oilers theres been times where I just tried to be optimistic.

Yeah, hope, not justifiable hope but it isn't always is it.

In anycase I enjoy this current version of the Esks lots and I love Reilly at QB despite his wrinkles.

Old
08-06-2014, 08:37 AM
Gord
MoneyGuy is smarter

vCash: 1275
Quote:

Stamps hasn't been healthy in years. amazing how well he plays in games, despite that.
Nicholls has been weak this year throwing the ball especially early in games. it worries me a little. I still really like him as a QB and am willing to wait for him to really put it together.

Jones worries me also. While I like some trick plays and misdirection, he has to realize there is a time and place for it. I hope he isn't too stubborn to see that.

no way the esks should lose to the train wreck that is Montreal.

Closed Thread