HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie Rumor

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-07-2003, 04:53 PM
  #1
TheBrew
Registered User
 
TheBrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,900
vCash: 540
Comrie Rumor

I got this from edmonton oilers message board so take it for what it's worth but you never know sorry i put a other Comrie deal on the boards but i'd kill to have Richards.




I heard Lowe will be making an anouncment this Fri. My source is a chronic lier, but his uncle is someone who is conected.

This board is so boring lately I thought I might as well repeat what I heard, even if it probably is just another Story.

This is what he says his uncle told his dad.

There are 5 teams interested in Comrie. T.B. is the closest right now to getting him, and a decision will be made by the end of this week with the expectations that a press conference will be anounced for this Fri. with the decision.

A deal will most likely include Richards from T.B., not a florida deal and
the problem there is T.B. does not want to swap Richards straight up for Comrie. They want Smyth and Salo also. I guess they are offering Khavabulin and Richards, and are willing to eat part of Khavabulins salary.

The biggest sticking point is smyth. Lowe won't trade him. Smyth is the closest thing to an untuchable on the roster. Its no deal as long as Smyths name is brought up.

T.B wants the blockbuster and Edmonton doesn't want to gut the team like that.Especially if the deal included Smyth.

Also from what I am told the biggest problem with Comrie signing is the length of a contract. Comrie wants a deal similar to richards while the Oilers are wanting a 1 yr deal, with a club option.

Anyways, expect a decision made on fri

TheBrew is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 05:01 PM
  #2
FacelessButcher
Registered User
 
FacelessButcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew
I got this from edmonton oilers message board so take it for what it's worth but you never know sorry i put a other Comrie deal on the boards but i'd kill to have Richards.




I heard Lowe will be making an anouncment this Fri. My source is a chronic lier, but his uncle is someone who is conected.

This board is so boring lately I thought I might as well repeat what I heard, even if it probably is just another Story.

This is what he says his uncle told his dad.

There are 5 teams interested in Comrie. T.B. is the closest right now to getting him, and a decision will be made by the end of this week with the expectations that a press conference will be anounced for this Fri. with the decision.

A deal will most likely include Richards from T.B., not a florida deal and
the problem there is T.B. does not want to swap Richards straight up for Comrie. They want Smyth and Salo also. I guess they are offering Khavabulin and Richards, and are willing to eat part of Khavabulins salary.

The biggest sticking point is smyth. Lowe won't trade him. Smyth is the closest thing to an untuchable on the roster. Its no deal as long as Smyths name is brought up.

T.B wants the blockbuster and Edmonton doesn't want to gut the team like that.Especially if the deal included Smyth.

Also from what I am told the biggest problem with Comrie signing is the length of a contract. Comrie wants a deal similar to richards while the Oilers are wanting a 1 yr deal, with a club option.

Anyways, expect a decision made on fri
wow crazy rumour if its true but I doubt it

FacelessButcher is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 05:03 PM
  #3
HockeySense85
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York, New York
Country: Canada
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
"Also from what I am told the biggest problem with Comrie signing is the length of a contract. Comrie wants a deal similar to richards while the Oilers are wanting a 1 yr deal, with a club option. "


So let me get this straight! The Oilers are willing to trade for Richards, but balk at the thought of paying Comrie the same kind of money (or for the same lenght) that Richards got. Something isn't adding up with this rumor.

HockeySense85 is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 05:04 PM
  #4
dem
Registered User
 
dem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,592
vCash: 500
Well... Richards is better than Comrie :p

dem is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 05:05 PM
  #5
TheBrew
Registered User
 
TheBrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,900
vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
wow crazy rumour if its true but I doubt it
Ya seems a little far fetched for me to.

TheBrew is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 05:10 PM
  #6
oildrop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew
Ya seems a little far fetched for me to.
Yeah, for me too. I highly doubt it's true at all, but I just thought I would ask the T-Bay fans if they have heard anything. I bet that they haven't.

oildrop is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 05:10 PM
  #7
woody
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySense85
"Also from what I am told the biggest problem with Comrie signing is the length of a contract. Comrie wants a deal similar to richards while the Oilers are wanting a 1 yr deal, with a club option. "


So let me get this straight! The Oilers are willing to trade for Richards, but balk at the thought of paying Comrie the same kind of money (or for the same lenght) that Richards got. Something isn't adding up with this rumor.
makes no sense to me either, how does this trade help Tampa Bay.

woody is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 05:15 PM
  #8
FacelessButcher
Registered User
 
FacelessButcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,201
vCash: 500
Anyone brave enough to post it on the big board for endless amounts of flaming?

FacelessButcher is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 05:16 PM
  #9
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,860
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Far fetched is right, although I'd absolutely LOVE to see my Richards in Oilers silks. Also Khabi is my second fav. Goalie to Salo now that Roy has retired (Roy was the man before) and I wouldn't be disapointed if we got him! But just because I want to have some fun with this (Yes I do, and everybody hear should completely realize that this is far fetched). What would a deal be from what he has said?
Smyth, Comrie, Salo
for
Khabibulin, Richards
that is an overpayment by the Oilers.

The Oilers would need something added into that, or else they could lose Smyth and offer up something else.
What about this:
Comrie, Salo, Chimera or Horcoff
for
Richards, Khabi

To me that would be pretty close valuewise......
Is this close and would the Oilers want to do this? I think yes.

thome_26 is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 05:29 PM
  #10
Obsessed
Registered User
 
Obsessed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Devon, AB
Posts: 907
vCash: 500
Well then... Is English your first language? Richards for Comrie straight up would be pretty fair IMO. This deal makes no sense for either team. Leave Khabi and his ego in Tampa. Can you imagine Khabibulin in contract dispute with the Oilers? No thanks.

This rumor is fluff dejour.

My uncles cousins sisters friends brothers dad said....

True that the board has been boring lately though. Nice try.

Obsessed is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 05:51 PM
  #11
Mizral
Registered User
 
Mizral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Earth, MW
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Far fetched is right, although I'd absolutely LOVE to see my Richards in Oilers silks. Also Khabi is my second fav. Goalie to Salo now that Roy has retired (Roy was the man before) and I wouldn't be disapointed if we got him! But just because I want to have some fun with this (Yes I do, and everybody hear should completely realize that this is far fetched). What would a deal be from what he has said?
Smyth, Comrie, Salo
for
Khabibulin, Richards
that is an overpayment by the Oilers.

The Oilers would need something added into that, or else they could lose Smyth and offer up something else.
What about this:
Comrie, Salo, Chimera or Horcoff
for
Richards, Khabi

To me that would be pretty close valuewise......
Is this close and would the Oilers want to do this? I think yes.
From what the original poster was talking about, it might sound like something closer to this:

Comrie, Smyth, Salo

Richards, Khabibulin ($2 million eaten), prospect (Svitov would be a frickin COUP! I love this guy, and would be astounding on the Oilers. Huge potential [Bobby Holik-type], great shot, big and strong.. but still very raw).

However, I think that kind of trade is just too much to be considered realistic.

Also, lest we forget, Richards got a pretty fat contract. While he is pretty good, is he really that much better than Comrie? Off the top of my head, he makes $2.5, $2.5, then $4 on his third year.

All in all, I would not swap Smyth off, especially if you're only getting Khabibulin. Khabs is a good goaltender, but he has a history of letting in bad goals at bad times. To me, he just seems like a marginally better version of Salo who maybe too often lives off his past hype...he's still a good goaltender mind you, but I don't know if he'd be the answer for the Oil.

Mizral is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 05:57 PM
  #12
TheBrew
Registered User
 
TheBrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,900
vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
Well then... Is English your first language? Richards for Comrie straight up would be pretty fair IMO. This deal makes no sense for either team. Leave Khabi and his ego in Tampa. Can you imagine Khabibulin in contract dispute with the Oilers? No thanks.

This rumor is fluff dejour.

My uncles cousins sisters friends brothers dad said....

True that the board has been boring lately though. Nice try.
Like i said i got this from the Oilers.com website message board so dont eat me up and spit me out because the rumor aint mine

TheBrew is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 06:22 PM
  #13
momentai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
Richards for Comrie straight up would be pretty fair IMO.
I would take Richards over Comrie... he's just the better player. I don't think Tampa would even consider that one. Richards put up better numbers playing on the second line than Comrie did here on the first.

momentai is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 06:32 PM
  #14
Silver
Registered User
 
Silver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: California
Posts: 5,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
I would take Richards over Comrie... he's just the better player. I don't think Tampa would even consider that one. Richards put up better numbers playing on the second line than Comrie did here on the first.
I'd love to flip Comrie and Moreau for Richards though....

Then we can stop bagging on Lowe for signing Moreau for 4 years

Silver is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 06:36 PM
  #15
outKast*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,664
vCash: 500
Forsberg - Probably the best player in the league. He unchallenged when it comes to pure overall skills. He's NEVER hit the 30 goal mark.

Mike Comrie - nowhere near as good as Forsberg but hit 30+ goals in his first full NHL season.

Brad Richards - Great player but has never scored more than 21 goals. Does Edmonton realy need another passer? In past seasons Edmonton has struggled to find a pure sniper who will shoot first and pass second. Comrie is closer to being a sniper than Richards. Ricahrds has the size we want, the hockey sense, and potential but Comrie is the kind of guy we NEED to complete our team. sure...he's gotta grow up and learn some defense but his offensive minded game can not be taught.

Comrie for Richards already makes no sense, so TBAY adds Khabibulin and we add Smytty and Salo? This rumour better not be true. I know Kevin Lowe is smarter than that. Who the hell does TBAY's GM think he is acting like this deal is fair and make sense. The Oilers get screwed in this deal no matter how you look at it. Hopefully this is nothing but a stupid rumour fabricated by a guy in cyberspace who has way too much time on his hands.

outKast* is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 06:37 PM
  #16
FacelessButcher
Registered User
 
FacelessButcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
I'd love to flip Comrie and Moreau for Richards though....

Then we can stop bagging on Lowe for signing Moreau for 4 years
bagging? I am applauding he signed him below league average salary. Cross is the one I am worried about.

FacelessButcher is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 06:47 PM
  #17
Oiltalk
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,720
vCash: 500
That's why they call these things rumors A trade like this would never go down.

Oiltalk is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 07:30 PM
  #18
Digger12
Registered User
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Defending the border
Posts: 14,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
That's why they call these things rumors A trade like this would never go down.
I'm sure many people would've said the same thing if a trade rumour involving trading Doug Weight for Hecht and Reasoner had come out before that trade happened..."yeah right, stop huffing fumes man..."

When it comes to Lowe's trades, I NEVER say a rumour is too outlandish to happen. I like nearly everything else he does, but his press conferences announcing his latest trade always make me instinctively duck my head, like I'm about to eat a baseball bat sandwich.

Digger12 is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 10:02 PM
  #19
speeds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St.Albert
Posts: 6,823
vCash: 500
I like the idea of trading with TB because their GM, IMO, makes questionable moves when he sees a guy he likes.

Here's some pure fantasy:

Comrie, Smyth, Salo, Cross

for

Khabibulin, Richards, Sarich, and TB 1st (almost certainly in the 25-30 range because they'll win their division)

would not be without its appeal. Smyth is the guy I'd suspect Feaster might be willing to overpay for, if such a rumor has any legs. Which I really doubt. But I could see TB thinking they can afford to deal with a small C in Comrie, since they'd still have Vince and Svitov, but then again from the way Feaster talks about Richards, I doubt he'd give him up.

Be great if he did though, I'm a huge fan of Richards.

Mizral:

I've read that the third year in Richard's contract is an option, but I'm not sure if it's a team or player option. Anyone know?

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam030906/nhl_ott1-sun.html

speeds is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 10:07 PM
  #20
elphy101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 1,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds
but then again from the way Feaster talks about Richards, I doubt he'd give him up.
I'd have to agree with that Speeds. To be honest I think Vincent Lecavalier might be dealt faster by feaster than Brad Richards.

elphy101 is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 10:25 PM
  #21
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher
 
Mowzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lebanon, Alberta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 8,289
vCash: 500
I dont see a trade of this magnitude happening. not this year.

Mowzie is offline  
Old
10-08-2003, 02:59 AM
  #22
Yanner39
Registered User
 
Yanner39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ottawa ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
I would take Richards over Comrie... he's just the better player. I don't think Tampa would even consider that one. Richards put up better numbers playing on the second line than Comrie did here on the first.
I agree...Why the hell would TB even trade Richards? I mean, they just signed him to a contract. I guess if you can swindle Lowe in getting Smyth and Comrie, then yeah, ok...We talk about Smyth being an untouchable on the Oilers. I would have thought that Richards would be an untouchable for TB.

Seems like there is nothing to this rumor. Good speculating, tho

Yanner39 is offline  
Old
10-08-2003, 04:14 AM
  #23
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
This deal doesn't make any sense.

I think Khabibulin has 1 year left on his contract, and will be a UFA, and Brad Richards just signed a deal that made half the GM's in the league throw up their arms in disgust.

dawgbone is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.