HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Kurz: Sharks talking extension with Braun

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-30-2014, 10:16 PM
  #51
Gilligans Island
Registered User
 
Gilligans Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF/Bay Area
Posts: 10,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
Once a player hits UFA, time in the league does not matter. That point was made with Garrison.

Despite all the claims around here, it isn't just one good season. His improvement is practically linear (which is good).

With all the grief on this issue, I will rub it in when the numbers come out (or not and admit my mistake). My track record has been pretty good. The GMs do use comps and the consistency of the corollaries around comps is pretty good. Most of the violations of principals come in desperate situations or high end players generating a bidding war.
Maybe I missed it. What is your guess? Mine's now 4x$4.25.

Gilligans Island is offline  
Old
07-30-2014, 10:57 PM
  #52
SJeasy
Registered User
 
SJeasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 12,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
Maybe I missed it. What is your guess? Mine's now 4x$4.25.
No less than $4mil, no more than $4.5mil. The guess only applies as long as his role/TOI does not change and as long as he doesn't hit the UFA market in a bidding war (eg Orpik, Niskanen).

SJeasy is offline  
Old
07-31-2014, 02:26 AM
  #53
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking
 
hohosaregood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas!
Posts: 19,163
vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
No less than $4mil, no more than $4.5mil. The guess only applies as long as his role/TOI does not change and as long as he doesn't hit the UFA market in a bidding war (eg Orpik, Niskanen).
Most people on here have him pegged for that range already. A lot of them are gonna hope for less regardless.

hohosaregood is offline  
Old
07-31-2014, 04:31 AM
  #54
SJeasy
Registered User
 
SJeasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 12,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohosaregood View Post
Most people on here have him pegged for that range already. A lot of them are gonna hope for less regardless.
A lot were putting in numbers in the $3.5 range which is too low. Also, Demers is NOT a comparable.

SJeasy is offline  
Old
08-01-2014, 05:10 PM
  #55
socalsharksfan
Old Fart
 
socalsharksfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Enemy Territory!
Country: United States
Posts: 830
vCash: 500
Count me as another who thinks he's shown marked improvement especially over the last two seasons!

Everyone here's been talking about the need to strengthen our D and he definitely helps that cause.

I'm certainly hoping he signs on for a few more seasons in teal....

socalsharksfan is offline  
Old
08-01-2014, 06:24 PM
  #56
FeedingFrenzy
Registered User
 
FeedingFrenzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
No less than $4mil, no more than $4.5mil. The guess only applies as long as his role/TOI does not change and as long as he doesn't hit the UFA market in a bidding war (eg Orpik, Niskanen).


If JB signs for 5yrs, when that deal expires he'd be 31 and still worthy of a raise. With that in mind, 5yrs/4.2mil per.





Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSharkFan View Post
Count me as another who thinks he's shown marked improvement especially over the last two seasons!

Everyone here's been talking about the need to strengthen our D and he definitely helps that cause.

I'm certainly hoping he signs on for a few more seasons in teal....


I'd sign him to a 7yr/33.6mil deal. Lock him up at 4,8mil per..

FeedingFrenzy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.