HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2014, 07:40 PM
Puritania
5-14-6-1

vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by 488fitter View Post
Horcoff.....Leino.....really? Yikes. This board is in panic mode.
No kidding. People pining for Horcoff. Never thought I'd see the day. Our centre depth is awful, but Horcoff certainly isn't the answer. Horc and the Oilers parting ways had to happen. There are plenty of players in the league, let's aim higher than wishing for Horcoff.

Old
07-28-2014, 08:14 PM
oilz89

vCash: 500
LOL leino??? Guys relax!!! hahaha Arco or Leon are a better option then that disaster. People are seriously getting a bit too crazy now. For the people saying Sutter is bad.. first take a look at our centre depth! Sutter is a good 3rd line centre and I think he should get a look at the 2nd line. I mean he's ok offensively and ok defensively. Thats better then what we have right now right? If we get him for cheap great. I seriously don't know why you guys would hate having him.

Old
07-28-2014, 09:39 PM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Leino? Seriously? Arcobello is faster, better defensively, has much more grit, outscored him (in 2/3rds of the number of games)... and people complain about Arcobello not burying the puck... he had twice as many goals last year as Leino's had in the last 2 combined.

Old
07-28-2014, 09:46 PM
Del Preston
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboomercat90 View Post
The same Nash that refused to play here before?
Rick Nash

Old
07-28-2014, 09:56 PM
nexttothemoon
light.end.tunnel

Rick Nash? Is he on the block? Why would the Oilers be in the market for him?

edit...

Reading the past few posts it's clearly Riley Nash (and Jordan Staal... everyone's favourite overrated #2/3 C) in the conversation.

Old
07-28-2014, 11:48 PM
shogun99

Ville Leino??? I'd rather Khairi play C on the 2nd line over Leino.

Old
07-28-2014, 11:57 PM
oilinblood

vCash: 553
Dont people know Horcoff was a useless Cancer and the reason why the Oilers werent progressing? As soon as the Oilers got rid of that guy everyone played better and we became competitive and instantly became the cup contenders you all predicted. Dubnyk and our defense became better without his faceoffs and really proved to be the strong back bone Tambi judged them to be. All failures were due to Horcoff.

As soon as we got rid of that cancer...i knew we would win the cup the very next day. What a terrible hockey player. What a slacker.

Derp. I know hockey...i played it very poorly for nine years because i have a rink by my house and i am a hockey expert with knowledge gained by osmosis...smids a number one dman!!!!!! Derp derp

Last edited by oilinblood: 07-29-2014 at 12:07 AM.
Old
07-29-2014, 12:08 AM
TimeForAnOilChange
From OTTERS 2 OILERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Rick Nash? Is he on the block? Why would the Oilers be in the market for him?

edit...

Reading the past few posts it's clearly Riley Nash (and Jordan Staal... everyone's favourite overrated #2/3 C) in the conversation.
Are you sure he wasnt talking about Rick Nash and Marc Staal?

Old
07-29-2014, 12:34 AM
PeakOil
Loyal To The Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
Dont people know Horcoff was a useless Cancer and the reason why the Oilers werent progressing? As soon as the Oilers got rid of that guy everyone played better and we became competitive and instantly became the cup contenders you all predicted. Dubnyk and our defense became better without his faceoffs and really proved to be the strong back bone Tambi judged them to be. All failures were due to Horcoff.

As soon as we got rid of that cancer...i knew we would win the cup the very next day. What a terrible hockey player. What a slacker.

Derp. I know hockey...i played it very poorly for nine years because i have a rink by my house and i am a hockey expert with knowledge gained by osmosis...smids a number one dman!!!!!! Derp derp
Yep, Horcoff winning almost half of his draws was really what kept this team together.

Old
07-29-2014, 12:49 AM
Puritania
5-14-6-1

vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post

We all say one player isn't a team. Hall is phenomenal but can't win all by himself. Likewise, Horc stinks but his absence doesn't make the team a Cup contender. Should we not remove dead weight because it won't vault us up the standings immediately? This team needed a ton of turnover to try and get in a position of having a capable roster.

Old
07-29-2014, 12:50 AM
nexttothemoon
light.end.tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForAnOilChange View Post
Are you sure he wasnt talking about Rick Nash and Marc Staal?
My mistake... apologies to all.

Still... why would the Oilers be in the market for a VERY high priced Rick Nash? Oilers have 3 players that scored as many goals as he did last year... he would be the definition of overpaid and redundant... and trading Eberle for him would be breaking up the BFF duo of Hall/Eberle just to replace Eberle with someone that's arguably on the downside of his career and who will very likely underperform Eberle over the next 3-5 years.

A proven D like Marc Staal for a prospect like Klefbom... sure... but as others have said... Staal wouldn't stick around so you are losing him in a year as well.

So in the end it would be 1 year of MStaal + a very overpaid and overrated Rick Nash for Eberle+Klefbom.

Pass on that trade.

Old
07-29-2014, 12:54 AM
Psychoil

I'm telling you right now, if we don't have a center by november, this season is a write off and we will be heading to the podium at either 1, 2 or 3 to select again.

I can't believe some of you think arco and neon leon are going to patch things up. The fact that Leon is even considered making this team is asinine. He should be in junior next year.

This is a disaster waiting to happen, and disasters have happened with this franchise in the past 5 years

Old
07-29-2014, 01:18 AM
oilinblood

vCash: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoil View Post
I'm telling you right now, if we don't have a center by november, this season is a write off and we will be heading to the podium at either 1, 2 or 3 to select again.

I can't believe some of you think arco and neon leon are going to patch things up. The fact that Leon is even considered making this team is asinine. He should be in junior next year.

This is a disaster waiting to happen, and disasters have happened with this franchise in the past 5 years
I can understand where you are coming from. Last year at the end of the preseason people were paying attention to stats and NOT what MacT was saying. Most of the people on this board thought my posts of finishing at the bottom of the standings was absurd. We had a good preseason and people thought we should be booking vacation so we can follow the oilers in the playoffs.

Meanwhile we had MacT signing Gagner in desperation to keep the asset, unable to market him for another Centre, getting involved in trade talks for any goalie on the market, and signing whatever he could get for dmen to have some illusion of competition.
As i pointed out, everything MacT did said...we had no goaltending, we had no defense, we had no centres, we had issues with having 8 solid wingers.

Now, all that being said. With Leon, i just dont think he is served going to PA. Id rather have him with the Oilers playing twenty games and training and practicing and being with the team and playing at the WJC rather then sending him back to junior. Personally i think junior would stall him. If he was a D that would be different.
I realize it eats a year of his eligibility but if he is ready, and i think he is...than he makes the team.

I will add that i think we are still a centre short. I dont want leon being a full time nhler yet. I think fifty games would be good, with scattered healthy scratch press box views. The Clode treatment on Seguin comes to mind.

Old
07-29-2014, 01:25 AM
Psycho Dad

vCash: 610
"Petry to Marincin, the pass is to center and again the puck slides past Arcobello to Getzlaf. The Ducks will score and a cascade of boos rain down from the stands as clearly the fans sympathy for this scrappy little no arm man has run out. Now granted the pass was a little wide, but you gotta believe that a 2 arm player would have made the play. In fact, a 1 arm player would have at least had a shot at it. Which calls to mind the question, once again, why with all the 2 armed youngsters waiting in the minor leagues does this team stick with an armless second center." Jerry: "And he hasn't had a hit in ever." "In ever, Jerry, in ever."

Old
07-29-2014, 01:46 AM
nexttothemoon
light.end.tunnel

I'm surprised some team hasn't stepped up and taken a shot at Del Zotto yet.

He has his flaws obviously... but how many 24 year old defensemen with solid offensive skills are out there... with no assets having to be given up to acquire him.

I'd certainly take a shot at him if I were MacT. The Oilers need someone else with decent puck moving skills on the back end besides Schultz.

Old
07-29-2014, 03:44 AM
Soundwave

Quote:
I'm surprised some team hasn't stepped up and taken a shot at Del Zotto yet.

He has his flaws obviously... but how many 24 year old defensemen with solid offensive skills are out there... with no assets having to be given up to acquire him.

I'd certainly take a shot at him if I were MacT. The Oilers need someone else with decent puck moving skills on the back end besides Schultz.
I kinda agree ... why not I guess.

I kinda thought the Oilers should've taken a flyer on Pouliot like 2 years ago when the cost would've been miniscule. Ditto for a guy like Kyle Turris (who would've cost more, but still probably lower than what we're looking at today). Or made a big push to trade for Philly's 1st to get Sean Couturier.

I don't know if Boston would've parted with Seguin for anything we were willing to offer, but I can't help but think we didn't really try hard enough there either.

There's too many times where we probably should make a move but we kinda just watch other teams move in.

Old
07-29-2014, 06:16 AM
sid49
#FreeGaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhotter View Post
Nash and Staal for Eberle and Klefbom?
One of the most confusing posts i've ever seen. He could be talking about Marc Staal and Rick Nash, or Jordan Staal and Riley Nash, or Eric Staal and Riley Nash. Lol which one is it?

Old
07-29-2014, 08:40 AM
rhotter

Quote:
My mistake... apologies to all.

Still... why would the Oilers be in the market for a VERY high priced Rick Nash? Oilers have 3 players that scored as many goals as he did last year... he would be the definition of overpaid and redundant... and trading Eberle for him would be breaking up the BFF duo of Hall/Eberle just to replace Eberle with someone that's arguably on the downside of his career and who will very likely underperform Eberle over the next 3-5 years.

A proven D like Marc Staal for a prospect like Klefbom... sure... but as others have said... Staal wouldn't stick around so you are losing him in a year as well.

So in the end it would be 1 year of MStaal + a very overpaid and overrated Rick Nash for Eberle+Klefbom.

Pass on that trade.
Nash redundant??? 6 foot 4 power forward... redundant?????:snakehead

For the purpose of this trade, let's assume Staal does resign.

Old
07-29-2014, 08:42 AM
rhotter

Just to clarify, it was Rick Nash and Marc Staal for Jordan Eberle and Oscar Klefbom

Old
07-29-2014, 08:47 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhotter View Post
Just to clarify, it was Rick Nash and Marc Staal for Jordan Eberle and Oscar Klefbom
Rick Nash is grossly overpaid and very overrated. He barely brings the production that Eberle does, frankly.

The Oilers are MUCH better served having Eberle at $6M then Rick Nash at whatever stupid number he makes.

Marc Staal is a UFA in the summer anyway, if the Oilers are interested they would make a deal just for him or wait.

Old
07-29-2014, 08:51 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Aimar View Post
Why? Is there a limit on the number of good defencemen you can have? None of those guys should be traded, unless it`s as part of a package for a number 1.
Just isn't going to be room to bring the 3 along, plus we have other holes that need to be filled and aren't willing to use any other assets in a deal.

Old
07-29-2014, 09:15 AM
J4M13M
The Hate Sustains Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid49 View Post
One of the most confusing posts i've ever seen. He could be talking about Marc Staal and Rick Nash, or Jordan Staal and Riley Nash, or Eric Staal and Riley Nash. Lol which one is it?
Jared Staal and a DVD box set of Season 2 of Nash Bridges?

I don't even know if there was a season 2.

Old
07-29-2014, 09:23 AM
Up the Irons

vCash: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
It wouldn't be the Oilers if we didn't have some glaring need going into the season.

I don't think anyone was expecting playoffs anyway.

At least *long term*, RNH-Draisaitl-Yakimov-Khaira actually looks OK at the center spot, though you never know with developing players.

By game 20-30 I would imagine if its still worth pursuing that some temporary center options will be available for cheaper.
That is exactly what they're waiting for.

Old
07-29-2014, 09:26 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4M13M View Post
Jared Staal and a DVD box set of Season 2 of Nash Bridges?

I don't even know if there was a season 2.
I like to see there was like 5 years, but then again it could just of been one season the dragged out.

Old
07-29-2014, 09:34 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post

There's too many times where we probably should make a move but we kinda just watch other teams move in.
Yep. I know we don't want to lose a trade, but standing by idle isn't going to help either.

Eventually we need to be the Dallas or CBJ or LA and make those big deals.

LA had no issues unloading Simmonds, O'Sullivan, Schenn, Johnson, Bernier over the years yet here the Oilers stand and all we unload are guys that really have no value. Outside of PRV who has this team dealt that had some value around the league?

Closed Thread