HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-19-2014, 03:25 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
That's definitely stretching it.

He outscored every Oilers defenseman except Schultz at even strength(Schultz had 1 more point) and had a better GA/20 than every Oilers defenseman except Marincin.

Hickey has been huge for the Isles.
I don't know that I'd call a guy that has one season of 26 points in 121gp huge. Nice free pickup, but nothing really special at this point. Curious what he does going forward. He could also be example of why patience is needed with d-men.

Isles had lots of injuries last year and also have a bunch of young guys, it really isn't out of the realm that he ends up back on waivers this year.

Old
08-19-2014, 04:33 PM
40oz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
That's definitely stretching it.

He outscored every Oilers defenseman except Schultz at even strength(Schultz had 1 more point) and had a better GA/20 than every Oilers defenseman except Marincin.

Hickey has been huge for the Isles.
Doesn't matter, I called him a bust 3 years ago and I gots to stick to it.

Old
08-19-2014, 04:47 PM
czar99

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Doesn't matter, I called him a bust 3 years ago and I gots to stick to it.
I love your resolve.

Old
08-19-2014, 10:27 PM
McPuritania
5-14-6-1

Lol, a mod just replied to a thread that has been locked for 7 hours on the trade board to reply why Hall isn't better than Kessel.

This site is so strange sometimes. I hope me mentioning this isn't against any rule or whatnot, if so please go ahead and delete it. I just thought it was weirdly funny.

Old
08-19-2014, 10:34 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Lol, a mod just replied to a thread that has been locked for 7 hours on the trade board to reply why Hall isn't better than Kessel.

This site is so strange sometimes. I hope me mentioning this isn't against any rule or whatnot, if so please go ahead and delete it. I just thought it was weirdly funny.
guess some people just can adding their comments even after the thread was ruled silly

08-19-2014, 11:02 PM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1637
Quote:

Message the global mob in that topic and let him know. He'll delete it. Honestly, it's worth it to keep some guys in check on here.

Old
08-19-2014, 11:46 PM
McAsuno*
5-14-6-1

Quote:

ab00se of power.

Old
08-19-2014, 11:58 PM
Mr McV

Quote:

Yeah, I saw that. Just went back to check that it was a Toronto mod. The post has been deleted.

Old
08-19-2014, 11:59 PM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Yeah, I saw that. Just went back to check that it was a Toronto mod. The post has been deleted.
It's still there.

Old
08-20-2014, 12:19 AM
Spawn

Quote:

I imagine what happened is that the mod was reading that thread and replied to a comment not knowing that the thread was locked. It happens.

I know I did that at least once when I was a moderator on this site. You're reading through the thread and haven't gotten to the end so you don't realize that it's gotten out of hand/has been closed. I highly doubt it was some power trip/trying to get the last word in.

Old
08-20-2014, 12:31 AM
McPuritania
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I imagine what happened is that the mod was reading that thread and replied to a comment not knowing that the thread was locked. It happens.

I know I did that at least once when I was a moderator on this site. You're reading through the thread and haven't gotten to the end so you don't realize that it's gotten out of hand/has been closed. I highly doubt it was some power trip/trying to get the last word in.
Oh yeah, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for sure, I figured that was probably the reason, but you never know on this site though haha. I wasn't implying he did it on purpose, I just thought it was funny.

Last edited by Puritania: 08-20-2014 at 12:58 AM.
Old
08-20-2014, 09:17 AM
CornKicker
Tied with Lander G's

nah for sure he probably got bombarded with 1000's of pms so he did it to appease the feelings of the leaf fans that cant deal with the fact that Hall>kessel

Old
08-20-2014, 10:21 AM
Da McBomb

Looks like BC college prospect Kevin Hayes has signed with the Rangers. hahhaha.. poor Flame fans and their 76 page thread dedicated to him on CP.

Old
08-20-2014, 10:56 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post
Looks like BC college prospect Kevin Hayes has signed with the Rangers. hahhaha.. poor Flame fans and their 76 page thread dedicated to him on CP.
So why did he leave CHI? Does NYR have that many more open spots?

Old
08-20-2014, 11:03 AM
Da McBomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
So why did he leave CHI? Does NYR have that many more open spots?
Better city? Closer to home? Maybe a little better opportunity to crack the lineup? Fallout with Chicago management? I'm not too sure.. but those are just some of the things going around that I've read.

Old
08-20-2014, 11:22 AM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
They thought they had him locked up a few months ago.

I can't comment on the guy because I know squat about him. But I like the Rangers, so I hope he works out well for them.

Old
08-20-2014, 11:24 AM
McDangler97
5-14-6-1

Hall isn't better than Kessel because Hall doesn't play in Toronto. Anyone playing in Toronto will have twice the value because... Toronto

Old
08-20-2014, 11:35 AM
McPuritania
5-14-6-1

Quote:
They'll just direct that anger into their million page thread about the Oilers. Anyone know how many pages it is now? I'm sure it's a completely ridiculous number.

Old
08-20-2014, 11:40 AM
The Nuge
Global Moderator
Some Say...

I'm loving that he didn't sign in Calgary. They were so convinced he was signing there

Old
08-20-2014, 12:09 PM
Da McBomb

Guess Johnny Gretzky didn't have enough influence on Hayes to sign there. Whats more amusing on CP is seeing how he is just a bum prospect now that he hasn't signed with the Flames. But its okay for them because they signed Engelland and Mason Raymond

Old
08-20-2014, 01:04 PM
McPuritania
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Guess Johnny Gretzky didn't have enough influence on Hayes to sign there. Whats more amusing on CP is seeing how he is just a bum prospect now that he hasn't signed with the Flames. But its okay for them because they signed Engelland and Mason Raymond
Just like Schultz was amazing and as soon as he signed with the Oilers, was garbage to Canuck fans.

Old
08-20-2014, 04:54 PM
Ovechking

vCash: 732
Can we please seriously entertain the possibility that San Jose wants to slightly rebuild and trade Joe Thornton? Would we not be the perfect fit?

What would you guys give up for Big Joe? He'd be an incredible stop gap both in mentoring RNH and LD.

I'd do 2015 1st + top prospect

Old
08-20-2014, 05:00 PM
Neatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechking View Post
Can we please seriously entertain the possibility that San Jose wants to slightly rebuild and trade Joe Thornton? Would we not be the perfect fit?

What would you guys give up for Big Joe? He'd be an incredible stop gap both in mentoring RNH and LD.

2015 1st + Nurse? Not in a million years. Even 2015 1st with a small + would be tough.

Thornton would be the perfect guy to mentor LD for sure, and he would definitely solve the #2C problem. However, that 2015 1st could still end up being a very strong pick and you're trading solid assets for a declining piece. Teams need 1sts to provide bargain players when the team is competitive.

Probably guys around the league that may not be better fits, but with the price included they would probably be more interesting.

Old
08-20-2014, 05:01 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechking View Post

NMC and he's going to force SJ hands if they decide to trade him after taking a discount.

Both him and Marelau are in the same boat. They just aren't going anywhere other than a contender. See Slats all over this as usual if he does happen.

Old
08-20-2014, 05:02 PM
Ovechking

vCash: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
NMC and he's going to force SJ hands if they decide to trade him after taking a discount.

Both him and Marelau are in the same boat. They just aren't going anywhere other than a contender. See Slats all over this as usual if he does happen.
Ah fair enough. Stupid NMCs.

Closed Thread