HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-23-2014, 05:28 PM
Pekka Rinne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
Just to compare... top line is no contest obviously...

Hall-RNH-Eberle >>>>>>>>> Glencross-Stajan-Hudler

However it is sadly much closer from line 2 down... Perron is no question the best player on either unit but Arco vs Monahan on the second line is a toss up... we do not know what Purcell will be yet but he SHOULD be better than Jones... key word should

Perron-Arcobello-Purcell > Gaudreau-Monahan-Jones

Our kids and a goat line is better than theirs based on last year results but Bartschi could be a gem and Bennett also... we are relying as much on unproven talents like Yak and Draisaitl as they are those two...

Pouliot-Draisaitl-Yakupov > (for now) Byron-Bennett-Bartschi

Fianlly their checking line kicks out butts handily... I do not want that unit going anywhere near top lines or heavy competition... but they will have to since most of our units need sheltering...

Raymond-Backlund-Setoguchi > Hendricks-Gordon-Lander/Gazdic

Do not get me started on the defenses... I wish we had a Giordano but even that is a pipedream...
yeah, the first players i think of when im making a line to shut down the opposition is mason raymond and devin setoguchi

Old
08-23-2014, 05:34 PM
HeavyHitter99

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilz89 View Post
Yeah but still, RJ is a big centre and imo he hasn't even hit his ceiling yet. If Leon turns into a RJ type of player I'd have no problem giving him 6.5
No 22 year old young stars have hit their ceilings yet. 6.5 isn't unreasonable but is too much imo. I could see LD being as good as RJ.

Old
08-23-2014, 06:19 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter99 View Post
No 22 year old young stars have hit their ceilings yet. 6.5 isn't unreasonable but is too much imo. I could see LD being as good as RJ.
when the oilers gave Hall, Hopkins and Eberle those contracts and not bridge contracts other managers took note--that will be Tambolini legacy--not ****ing up the oilers for 5 years--but eleminating the bridge contracts and over paying early. Eberle is 5 years away from UFA and that has forced open the window of winning long before it should have

Old
08-23-2014, 06:23 PM
MPStoEberletoHall

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Doesn't RJ want more than Hall is paid? No dice
I'd give RJ the money no problem. I'd be all over a Eberle + deal for him

Hall-RNH-Draisaitl
Perron-RJ-Yakupov

Old
08-23-2014, 08:31 PM
HeavyHitter99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
when the oilers gave Hall, Hopkins and Eberle those contracts and not bridge contracts other managers took note--that will be Tambolini legacy--not ****ing up the oilers for 5 years--but eleminating the bridge contracts and over paying early. Eberle is 5 years away from UFA and that has forced open the window of winning long before it should have
I'm aware of this just saying that getting paid 6 like Hall, Ebs and Nuge is fair.

Old
08-23-2014, 11:57 PM
ChaoticOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
yeah, the first players i think of when im making a line to shut down the opposition is mason raymond and devin setoguchi
I really actually hope Calgary ices that lineup he suggested. It would be some of the smallest, softest, laziest, most passive hockey ever witnessed at every level. Gaudreau, Raymond, Setoguchi, Baertschi, Hudler and Jones all seeing massive ice time with Monahan and Bennett thrown to the western conference wolves? Hell yes.

I also kind of doubt they throw Bennett in right away. They know beyond a shadow of a doubt they're a bottom 3 team so why rush him?

Old
08-24-2014, 04:10 AM
nexttothemoon
10 again

I wouldn't have minded Setoguchi for $750,000... solid depth signing. More physical forward than anything the Oilers have (sadly). Perfect 4th liner who can easily play on the 3rd.

MacT is obviously content with what they have throughout the roster now and might tweak at training camp/exhibition games with help from the waiver wire... but no doubt he wants to see what this team he's assembled can do before he adds more bodies.

Old
08-24-2014, 06:36 AM
Bergeron47

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1724355

Rumoured that he wants 7 and the BJs are offering 4
Sounds an awful lot like the Subban situation in Montreal. Weren't they off by 3 as well? 8 vs 5 or something?

Old
08-24-2014, 08:03 AM
Mr Sakich

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
I wouldn't have minded Setoguchi for $750,000... solid depth signing. More physical forward than anything the Oilers have (sadly). Perfect 4th liner who can easily play on the 3rd.
By far, devon's best years were with the sharks. on the sharks board, they were almost universally OK with not signing him despite having the worst bottom 6 in the west. The comments were primarily off ice issues and conditioning issues.

Calgary is his 4th team in 5 years

Old
08-24-2014, 10:20 AM
OilDrop37

vCash: 4500
Quote:
Just to compare... top line is no contest obviously...

Hall-RNH-Eberle >>>>>>>>> Glencross-Stajan-Hudler

However it is sadly much closer from line 2 down... Perron is no question the best player on either unit but Arco vs Monahan on the second line is a toss up... we do not know what Purcell will be yet but he SHOULD be better than Jones... key word should

Perron-Arcobello-Purcell > Gaudreau-Monahan-Jones

Our kids and a goat line is better than theirs based on last year results but Bartschi could be a gem and Bennett also... we are relying as much on unproven talents like Yak and Draisaitl as they are those two...

Pouliot-Draisaitl-Yakupov > (for now) Byron-Bennett-Bartschi

Fianlly their checking line kicks out butts handily... I do not want that unit going anywhere near top lines or heavy competition... but they will have to since most of our units need sheltering...

Raymond-Backlund-Setoguchi > Hendricks-Gordon-Lander/Gazdic

Do not get me started on the defenses... I wish we had a Giordano but even that is a pipedream...
Your Flames Lineup is a little weird. Stajan won't play anywhere near their 1st line.

Old
08-24-2014, 01:26 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:

MacT is obviously content with what they have throughout the roster now and might tweak at training camp/exhibition games with help from the waiver wire... but no doubt he wants to see what this team he's assembled can do before he adds more bodies.
Matt Hendricks says hi as does Tyler Pitlick if he makes the team. That said unless the guy is a total wreck off the ice it was a good value signing for Calgary.

08-24-2014, 01:54 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:

I would have, because he's literally a bottom of the barrel thrift store special with zero career prospects that nobody wanted. You can feel the creaky bones of Burke and his influence on that team as he continues to show he's a complete luddite who still thinks the year is 1970. How he got a job with failure after failure since his tenure with the Canucks (and when the stars aligned with this gifted roster in Anaheim) is beyond me but it shows that Calgary's ownership decisions are suspect at best. Props to their marketing team, however, as they've been able to dupe the gullible fans (Who are not used to success in any form) that they're a year or 2 away from playoff contention.

That team has absolutely nothing to model off of and they are as always engaged in an identity crisis that began in 2005 and shows no sign of ending. How you could want such a has-been in setoguchi is beyond me but I hope it isn't contagious.

Old
08-24-2014, 02:23 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I would have, because he's literally a bottom of the barrel thrift store special with zero career prospects that nobody wanted. You can feel the creaky bones of Burke and his influence on that team as he continues to show he's a complete luddite who still thinks the year is 1970. How he got a job with failure after failure since his tenure with the Canucks (and when the stars aligned with this gifted roster in Anaheim) is beyond me but it shows that Calgary's ownership decisions are suspect at best. Props to their marketing team, however, as they've been able to dupe the gullible fans (Who are not used to success in any form) that they're a year or 2 away from playoff contention.

That team has absolutely nothing to model off of and they are as always engaged in an identity crisis that began in 2005 and shows no sign of ending. How you could want such a has-been in setoguchi is beyond me but I hope it isn't contagious.
Worst case scenario is that he sucks and you send him to the AHL, how is this any worse than the Grebeshkov signing last season?

Old
08-24-2014, 02:32 PM
Mr Positive

vCash: 2725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Matt Hendricks says hi as does Tyler Pitlick if he makes the team. That said unless the guy is a total wreck off the ice it was a good value signing for Calgary.
a value signing isn't always a good thing. Nashville got Dubnyk for cheap, they got to unload a contract and we retained salary, but playing him cost them a couple of games, and they were 3 points out of the playoffs at the end of the season.

750k isn't a lot of money, but if the Flames lose a few games to see if he can be competitive then it isn't worth it (unless they are trying to lose lol)

Old
08-24-2014, 03:45 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Avatar bet that Boyd Gordon and Matt Hendricks play less than ten minutes a night???
I believe that it goes without saying that both will average under 10 minutes a game

Old
08-24-2014, 03:52 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
I believe that it goes without saying that both will average under 10 minutes a game
Boyd Gordon will avg more than 10 mins per game. He'll be on for every semi important face off all year.

Old
08-24-2014, 04:14 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by soothsayer View Post
something around Schultz for Ryan Johansen.
I think the BJS would want a deal built around Leon and something. And for me that makes sense==Johanson makes more sense at the number 2 spot then Leon and bring more to what the oilers need then Leon.

EDIT

That being said I think BJS fans would ask for Hall and that would go nowhere

Last edited by jumptheshark: 08-24-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Old
08-24-2014, 05:27 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Positive View Post
a value signing isn't always a good thing. Nashville got Dubnyk for cheap, they got to unload a contract and we retained salary, but playing him cost them a couple of games, and they were 3 points out of the playoffs at the end of the season.

750k isn't a lot of money, but if the Flames lose a few games to see if he can be competitive then it isn't worth it (unless they are trying to lose lol)
Sorry but a 4th liner isn't going to lose you as many games as a struggling starting goaltender. Also there is nothing that says that he can't be the 13th/14th forward or sent to the AHL.

Old
08-24-2014, 05:53 PM
topchowda

Quote:
I think the BJS would want a deal built around Leon and something. And for me that makes sense==Johanson makes more sense at the number 2 spot then Leon and bring more to what the oilers need then Leon.

EDIT

That being said I think BJS fans would ask for Hall and that would go nowhere
Id offer them Eberle. Hes signed for 5 more years, is the great winger they need.

RJo carries alot of risk with the whole "not being signed to a contract" thing

Rjos 63 point break out season is a average to below average season for Eberle

Old
08-24-2014, 06:15 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Id offer them Eberle. Hes signed for 5 more years, is the great winger they need.

RJo carries alot of risk with the whole "not being signed to a contract" thing

Rjos 63 point break out season is a average to below average season for Eberle
Get ready to attack
ON the BJS board to get an idea of what the FANS want
I posted
Leon
Schultz
2015 first rounder and the first guy turned it down flate

Old
08-24-2014, 06:16 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Get ready to attack
I posted
Leon
Schultz

That's when you realize you're not dealing with rational people and seek intelligent conversation

Old
08-24-2014, 06:18 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post

That's when you realize you're not dealing with rational people and seek intelligent conversation
Just wanted to see what the reaction would be.

Old
08-24-2014, 06:28 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Get ready to attack
I posted
Leon
Schultz
They must be in win now mode because that is more than fair value.

Old
08-24-2014, 06:33 PM
CupofOil
Visualizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
They must be in win now mode because that is more than fair value.
It's a stupid overpayment actually. Just last season, Johansen was being healthy scratched and spent some time in the AHL. After one good season, they won't take Draisaitl, Schultz and a 1st? Good, because the Oilers wouldn't offer that.

Old
08-24-2014, 06:41 PM
Bergeron47

vCash: 966
A deal around Eberle for Johansen actually makes a lot of sense

The BJs are littered with centers, and their only 'elite' RW is Horton, who hasn't played over 67 games in a season since 2008 (to be fair he played most of the lockout year).

Hartnell-Dubinsky-Eberle
Jenner-Anisimov-Horton

Hall-RNH-Purcell
Perron-Johansen-Yakupov

Closed Thread