HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-28-2014, 03:49 AM
Rpro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
The Bruins give up the better d-man in Boychuk, the way better center in Soderberg and arguably the better winger in Eriksson.

The Bruins don't need to clear salary so desperately that they make their team worse across the board. They will have Savard going on LTI which will allow them to spend $4 million over the cap. They still might need to dump someone, but Kelly on his own would be enough. And hell, they might be able to fit it all in anyway.
Pfft you are forgetting the all-mighty second round pick in that proposal!

Old
08-28-2014, 08:47 AM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
The Bruins give up the better d-man in Boychuk, the way better center in Soderberg and arguably the better winger in Eriksson.

The Bruins don't need to clear salary so desperately that they make their team worse across the board. They will have Savard going on LTI which will allow them to spend $4 million over the cap. They still might need to dump someone, but Kelly on his own would be enough. And hell, they might be able to fit it all in anyway.
I agree they don't do that deal. But they also have 4.7 ish in fines for going over that cap last season with bonuses. That will wipe out the Savard LTI cushion.

Old
08-28-2014, 09:26 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticOrange View Post
Call me crazy but I think the kid and family friendly atmosphere actually is detrimental to groups of friends and younger couples going to the games. My girlfriend and I went to a half dozen games and this year we just decided we'd rather pay the extra to go to Oiler games than be surrounded by screaming children all game.

^^^ I love kids, but I hate when parents use venues like that to allow their children to run wild.
What they need and it it's the same thing Commonwealth has and needs to add. A section or two for adults only. Just like the whole peanut thing at Commonwealth, section off a few sections for specific groups and be done with.

I love kids too, but I also like to pay attention to the sport on hand. Although my 5 year old nephew is better at sporting events then my past girlfriend. He knows to not ask questions the whole game and waits until the whistle to get the important questions in. And he seemed to have a better bladder.

Old
08-28-2014, 09:49 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy

So apparently Loktinov(sp) has a few offers on the table, Willis suspect the Oilers might be one of them. He would be ok as short term fix, he's apparently healthy by mid-September.

Old
08-28-2014, 10:05 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
So apparently Loktinov(sp) has a few offers on the table, Willis suspect the Oilers might be one of them. He would be ok as short term fix, he's apparently healthy by mid-September.
I buy no means am I against signing him. However I really think he is a worse player than Gagner and don't think he is a sure thing to be a better player for this team than Lander or Arco. With that being said, he'll be cheap and will give us some depth at a position we are weak at.

I also think that depending on who else is after him, that you have to think if Loktinov is really serious about a NHL career that he signs with us. He's going to have a good shot at playing with some wingers that can make him better. Even if it's just for one year to boost his stats and then he leaves, it's probably in his best interest to sign here.

Also Gomez doing a tryout in NJ.

Old
08-28-2014, 10:27 AM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I buy no means am I against signing him. However I really think he is a worse player than Gagner and don't think he is a sure thing to be a better player for this team than Lander or Arco. With that being said, he'll be cheap and will give us some depth at a position we are weak at.

I also think that depending on who else is after him, that you have to think if Loktinov is really serious about a NHL career that he signs with us. He's going to have a good shot at playing with some wingers that can make him better. Even if it's just for one year to boost his stats and then he leaves, it's probably in his best interest to sign here.

Also Gomez doing a tryout in NJ.
It would create competition. They aren't going to get a better option than Gagner so close to training camp. What do they lack is any NHL level competition at all for center spots outside of RNH and Gordon so Lohktionov would be a decent option to at the very least push Draisaitl and/or Arco to earn a spot.

Old
08-28-2014, 11:48 AM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
It would create competition. They aren't going to get a better option than Gagner so close to training camp. What do they lack is any NHL level competition at all for center spots outside of RNH and Gordon so Lohktionov would be a decent option to at the very least push Draisaitl and/or Arco to earn a spot.
That is exactly how I see it. If Loktionov is ready to go at some point during camp, it would be silly of the Oilers to not try to sign him.

Old
08-28-2014, 11:53 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
That is exactly how I see it. If Loktionov is ready to go at some point during camp, it would be silly of the Oilers to not try to sign him.
I would still love to see the Oilers throw something at the Jets to get Burmistrov from them. I know he wants to come back to the NHL, isn't happy with the Jets and was good under Craig Ramsay as an HC.

Old
08-28-2014, 12:02 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
I would still love to see the Oilers throw something at the Jets to get Burmistrov from them. I know he wants to come back to the NHL, isn't happy with the Jets and was good under Craig Ramsay as an HC.
Problem is he can't play in the NHL this year.

Old
08-28-2014, 12:06 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy

Quote:
, yeah, that's a small problem.

Old
08-28-2014, 12:16 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
, yeah, that's a small problem.
Although depending on cost if he's available take him anyway. You can never have too many centers. Hate to see another team step in close to trade deadline day and get him.

Old
08-28-2014, 12:35 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy

Quote:
Although depending on cost if he's available take him anyway. You can never have too many centers. Hate to see another team step in close to trade deadline day and get him.
Indeed, he would still be a great pick up, next year adding him to the depth would only make the team stronger.

Old
08-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Is that due to his KHL contract?

08-28-2014, 01:09 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Is that due to his KHL contract?
That was my understanding.

Old
08-28-2014, 01:12 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
That was my understanding.
Thanks.

Old
08-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Master Lok

Quote:

I believe how it works is that the Bruins have to be cap compliant before the season begins with all their rostered players INCLUDING the ones on LTI.

You can only put a player like Savard on LTI after the season starts.

So yes, the Bruins are in trouble.

As are the Philly Flyers with the Pronger contract.

Old
08-28-2014, 02:52 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
I believe how it works is that the Bruins have to be cap compliant before the season begins with all their rostered players INCLUDING the ones on LTI.

The Bruins have 3.46~M in cap space after Savard on LTIR....with Both Reilly Smith and Torey Krug still to sign.

They are in bad shape, same with the Flyers, and the Hawks, because they don't have anyone to go on LTIR, as far as I know.

Old
08-28-2014, 03:54 PM
BowDangles

I wonder what Boston is asking for Boychuk, or if he is even available?

MacT probably thinks his blue line is "fixed" right now but if he could get Boychuk for draft picks/prospects than it would take this blue line a long way.

I'm not sure who plays what side but this is how'd I think I would do it.

Boychuk-Fayne
Nikitin-Petry
Ference-J Shultz
Marcinin/Aulie

That line up is getting close to a top six of top four dmen..
Start Marcinin in the AHL and have him first recall if someone gets hurt.

Old
08-28-2014, 04:04 PM
samiam

Quote:

The Bruins will have to be cap compliant (including Savard's cap hit) before the season starts. Then only after the season starts, can they put Savard & his cap hit in LTIR.

Old
08-28-2014, 04:09 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post

Waive Kelly and then call him up and they will be okay. I believe PHI did something like this in the past. They waive higher salary and then call them right back after prongs is on LTIR.

The issue with Boston is Krug and Reilly needing deals as well. Although if Kelly does get picked up they probably have no issues.

Old
08-28-2014, 04:11 PM
joestevens29

Why did PHI sign Schultz?

Old
08-28-2014, 04:22 PM
BarDownBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
I wonder what Boston is asking for Boychuk, or if he is even available?

MacT probably thinks his blue line is "fixed" right now but if he could get Boychuk for draft picks/prospects than it would take this blue line a long way.

I'm not sure who plays what side but this is how'd I think I would do it.

Boychuk-Fayne
Nikitin-Petry
Ference-J Shultz
Marcinin/Aulie

That line up is getting close to a top six of top four dmen..
Start Marcinin in the AHL and have him first recall if someone gets hurt.
I've seen some speculation that Boychuk is gonna ask for $6M+ next summer. As much as I'd like to have him here, he's not a $6M defenseman IMO, so I wouldn't want to give up assets for one year of his services.

Old
08-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy

Quote:
Why did PHI sign Schultz?
Why did they sign Del Zotto? That team is in a ridiculous spot cap wise.

Old
08-28-2014, 04:27 PM
oilerfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
I've seen some speculation that Boychuk is gonna ask for $6M+ next summer. As much as I'd like to have him here, he's not a $6M defenseman IMO, so I wouldn't want to give up assets for one year of his services.
If you're thinking of the same Boston Globe article that I read, the author speculated that Boychuk might be worth $6 million to a team in need of defense and not that Boychuk was going to pursue that kind of money. That's an important difference.

Old
08-28-2014, 04:30 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 250
Quote:
Doesn't seem like a much better option than Arco, but would at least create some competition.

Edit: his face off %'s are horrible tho.

Last edited by MeestaDeteta: 08-28-2014 at 04:36 PM.
Closed Thread