HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roberts Undermining Mats?

Closed Thread

Old
09-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Snap Wilson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewl Leafs
Actually, Roberts had a very divissive role in the dressing room, especially when Corson and Green were there. That is a big reason why Green is gone, put on waivers.
Hell, that might be reason to support him. The experience in Anaheim was that Travis Green was a first-class *****.

Edit: by ***** I mean person of intolerable carriage.

Old
09-15-2005, 12:35 PM
BuppY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayByrd
Gary Roberts and Shayne Corson have hated each other since junior hockey, though I don't know what started their feud initially.

After Roberts recovered from his neck injury with the Flames, it was no secret that he was unwilling to play on the team as long as Theo Fleury was captain. He was soon traded to Carolina.
Maybe Corson tried to pick up Roberts than G/F.

Old
09-15-2005, 12:35 PM
rhettmatic

Rosie DiManno is one of the only writers in Toronto whose articles are not sent to a copy editor (the other being Christie Blatchford at the Globe.) Essentially, they're printed the way they're written.

Copy editors are absolutely indispensable, in my opinion. They catch your errors, tighten up your grammar and get rid of flowery language and words that aren't needed. They also do fact-checking and worry about legal issues (for instance, libel.) And that is why DiManno's sports articles suck.

Old
09-15-2005, 12:49 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettmatic
Rosie DiManno is one of the only writers in Toronto whose articles are not sent to a copy editor (the other being Christie Blatchford at the Globe.) Essentially, they're printed the way they're written.

Copy editors are absolutely indispensable, in my opinion. They catch your errors, tighten up your grammar and get rid of flowery language and words that aren't needed. They also do fact-checking and worry about legal issues (for instance, libel.) And that is why DiManno's sports articles suck.
Then I guess the Toronto Sun doesnt employ any of these 'copy editors'.

Closed Thread