HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Subban

Closed Thread

Old
07-30-2014, 10:30 AM
Leto93

vCash: 500
There's a big difference between trying to barter for the sake of business and lowballing your best player with an insulting offer like that. I get that it's arbitration but that needs to, at the very least, be in the $6.5mil range. It's ludicrous for Bergevin to think the ruling will come down in favor of that garbage offer anyway.

Old
07-30-2014, 10:31 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNudge View Post
I just don't see Montreal paying Subban more then 7.5M and even then I'm not sure the Habs would comfortable giving him that much. A number I'm sure the Habs would be satsified with is 7M a year for the next 6 years. But if Subban expect getting 8.5M+ from the habs then he won't be a Habs for life and will only get the boot. Then I'm sure he'll be able to get 8.5M + from a team like Edmonton.
This has been my thinking for a while also and needless to say it's not very well received by most Hab fans.

I do think there will be a lot of pressure by the fan base to get MB to pony up some extra coin on a longer deal, especially if PK gets a 1 year deal and then MB will have to explain himself, something he has been getting a free pass on this topic so far by the press.

Old
07-30-2014, 10:31 AM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dema View Post
That's what I don't get, Subban proved he is worth a long term deal, and they don't want to give it to him now. Even if PK is easy going, it's sends a bad message to any future player they want to sign to a bridge deal.
because they opted for arbitration? jesus, these are negotiations - enough with trying to find drama in everything.

Old
07-30-2014, 10:35 AM
Karl Eriksson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leto93 View Post
There's a big difference between trying to barter for the sake of business and lowballing your best player with an insulting offer like that. I get that it's arbitration but that needs to, at the very least, be in the $6.5mil range. It's ludicrous for Bergevin to think the ruling will come down in favor of that garbage offer anyway.
Clearly they are going to reach a deal. Bergevin could have offered a nickel in arbitration. Do you think that PK, after telling anyone who would listen for the last several months that he wants to stay in MTL long term, would say "You know what [agent], the Habs arbitration offer was insultingly low, explore options on other teams."

I have to assume that he and his agent operate in the real world, and not "fake outrage fantasy island".

Old
07-30-2014, 10:37 AM
sharks9

So many posters here really don't understand arbitration.

Remember when Montreal submitted a 1.6 million deal for Eller for arbitration and then gave him 3.5 million long-term? The exact same thing will happen with Subban.

Old
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dema View Post
and they don't want to give it to him now.
The Habs want to give him a long term deal.

You're saying this because of arbitration? Just look around the league, deals are struck a day or two prior to the hearing in most cases. It'll get done.

Old
sansabri
#blocktheboat

next time i ask for a raise and my boss lowballs me... i'm gonna, i'm gonna...

negotiate? damn, what a concept.

Old
Kerric

Montreal starting point - 5.25M
P.K. starting point - 8.5M

MB puts on his signing hat, news the following day - Montreal signs P.K Subban 6 years@ 65M

Old
07-30-2014, 10:39 AM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
And now Montreal will find out why insisting on a bridge deal for Subban was a bad idea and horrible asset management

He could be locked up for around 6 for another 3 or 4 years but nope, Montreal wants to do things their way or the highway

Well now you pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerric View Post
Montreal starting point - 5.25M
P.K. starting point - 8.5M

MB puts on his signing hat, news the following day - Montreal signs P.K Subban 6 years@ 65M
If Subban signs for 6 now I will be very, very impressed.

Old
07-30-2014, 10:39 AM
Skinnyjimmy08

I cant believe the struggle each time Subban is up for a new contract. Hes one of the best dmen in the game... pay up Habs!!!... he took a low contract his last deal and proved to the team he would step up and earn his next deal. I hope PK gets an arbitration deal this year, and again next year and then signs somewhere in 2016 as a UFA. To a team that would actually appreciate him.... 5.25 is a joke and what a slap in the face that would be if I were PK.

Old
07-30-2014, 10:40 AM
Karl Eriksson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjimmy08 View Post
I cant believe the struggle each time Subban is up for a new contract. Hes one of the best dmen in the game... pay up Habs!!!... he took a low contract his last deal and proved to the team he would step up and earn his next deal. I hope PK gets an arbitration deal this year, and again next year and then signs somewhere in 2016 as a UFA. To a team that would actually appreciate him.... 5.25 is a joke and what a slap in the face that would be if I were PK.
*whoosh*

Old
07-30-2014, 10:44 AM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Correct me if I'm wrong but being a RFA can't another team offer Subban big bucks and Habs have to counter and if Habs don't match Subban goes to the team that put in the offer.
What team will step up??? If I was a GM from another team my offer would be on the table already.

07-30-2014, 10:46 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but being a RFA can't another team offer Subban big bucks and Habs have to counter and if Habs don't match Subban goes to the team that put in the offer.
What team will step up??? If I was a GM from another team my offer would be on the table already.
By scheduling an Arbitration they made it impossible for a team to Offer Sheet Subban.

Old
07-30-2014, 10:47 AM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

Quote:
not after arbritation has been filed, i believe.

Old
07-30-2014, 10:47 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
What team will step up???
You're wrong. PK has elected to go to arbitration and the hearing will be in a day or two unless the two parties can come to a mutual agreement beforehand and it will be a 1 year deal the arbitrator will decide upon.

Old
07-30-2014, 10:48 AM
Skinnyjimmy08

Quote:
Ya a team could have offered a offer sheet to PK. But almost guaranteed the Habs woulda matched it. They have pretty much their whole team signed now and still have I believe over 11 million cap space. They woulda matched it.

Old
07-30-2014, 10:49 AM
2good29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
next time i ask for a raise and my boss lowballs me... i'm gonna, i'm gonna...

negotiate? damn, what a concept.
and im sure you are one of the best in the biz at what you do too, correct?

ya, we dont understand.

whether he signs or not (which we all assume he will), it still leaves a bad taste. all im saying

Old
07-30-2014, 10:50 AM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
You're wrong. PK has elected to go to arbitration and the hearing will be in a day or two unless the two parties can come to a mutual agreement beforehand and it will be a 1 year deal the arbitrator will decide upon.
Sooo this will repeat next summer as well and Subban is creeping up to UFA status in 2016.

Old
07-30-2014, 10:50 AM
PKarey Plekoretty

Quote:
Аrpon Basu‏@ArponBasu·8 mins
I just saw a headline stating that Subban and #Habs are more than $3M apart in "negotiations." That's inaccurate.

Аrpon Basu‏@ArponBasu·8 mins
Arbitration asks in no way reflect the actual state of negotiations.
Can we just put this as a header. My lord the idiots are out in numbers today

Old
07-30-2014, 10:52 AM
Skinnyjimmy08

Quote:
Sooo this will repeat next summer as well and Subban is creeping up to UFA status in 2016.
Good, let him sign somewhere else that will pay huge for him... he deserves it. Marc B is playing with fire here and if I were a Habs fan and Subban doesn't get a huge contract from the Habs soon, Id lose my s#@*

Old
07-30-2014, 10:53 AM
2Big2Strong2Fast

After the great lengths that MTL has gone to over the last 2 years in their apparent attempt to drive Subban away, they really deserve to lose him to a division when he hits UFA and gets sick of trying to deal with them.

Old
07-30-2014, 10:53 AM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2good29 View Post
and im sure you are one of the best in the biz at what you do too, correct?

ya, we dont understand.

whether he signs or not (which we all assume he will), it still leaves a bad taste. all im saying
i dunno. were we left with a bad taste last time? i know i wasn't.

i don't understand this fear that everything could just turn to **** between the Habs and Subban over a negotiation. it's just business.

Old
07-30-2014, 10:55 AM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

They are heading into Arbitration, if the 3rd party thinks Subban is worth 8.5mil and the Habs won't pay him Subban is a UFA...correct?

Old
07-30-2014, 10:57 AM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

Quote:
They are heading into Arbitration, if the 3rd party thinks Subban is worth 8.5mil and the Habs won't pay him Subban is a UFA...correct?
they can make a deal before that - which is what they're working on. the Arbritation is just a process for each other side to make their case.

Old
07-30-2014, 10:58 AM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKarey Plekoretty View Post
Can we just put this as a header. My lord the idiots are out in numbers today
Yes, but the two parties should be $0 apart at this time. The Habs have no leverage. Going to arbitration is a disastrous move for the club. They will have two options next summer (aside from actually giving him a long-term deal): 1) qualify PK or 2) club-elected arbitration.

Both of those options put Subban in a position to hit UFA. You can bet Bergevin has absolutely no intention of allowing that.

MB will cave by tomorrow night. I've never been so confident in a contract prediction. Subban will get his long-term deal and the price will be closer to his numbers than Bergevin's.

Closed Thread