HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The All-Purpose Michael Del Zotto Thread (All MDZ talk here please!)

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2014, 01:48 PM
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15

vCash: 50
Im sure he's asking for 3m+

Old
07-31-2014, 01:50 PM
SLarmer28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic View Post
I imagine he is waiting to see if someone will flinch and give him a multi year deal at decent dollars..... Eventually he will probably have to break and take a one year deal, which several teams probably will be interested in.

The problem for Del Zotto is that the longer he waits, the less ideal the situation will be. He could take a lower dollar one year deal now on a team that will make him look good...or he can wait for random chance and a team that might not use him properly.
The longer Del Zaster waits, the more likely his only chance will be a PTO.

Old
07-31-2014, 01:52 PM
Canadian Canuck
Jake Virtanen

Plus Linden said Canucks are done with Free agents

Old
07-31-2014, 01:54 PM
richter4ever

Ranger fan here. I'm not sure what the Rangers or any team for that matter sees in this guy. A minor league player at best and certainly not on defense. Everyone was touting his passing and play making ability. I never saw it. His stretch passes were fired up the middle of the ice usually a foot in the air and 9 times out of 10 would end up as an icing. he did have infrequent flashes of someone who could play but way to far in between. He was demoted numerous times, benched constantly, and has the attitude that he is better than he thinks. He was definitely a liability which is why 3 different coaches sat him down. And the guy is still asking for a raise! Personally I think the guy is clueless. I'm willing to bet that any team that picks him up will eventually sit him down. In an interview he did after being demoted to the AHL he stated that he needed to work on his offensive game and that his defense was "sound". Like I said clueless.

Old
07-31-2014, 01:56 PM
McNasty

Good teams don't trust him, bad teams don't want to chance him ruining the McDavid tank

Old
07-31-2014, 02:00 PM
Rangers1135

And that's why bridge deals are good.

Old
07-31-2014, 02:01 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

DZ is likely waiting for a better offer than what he currently is getting. When training camp rolls around and injuries inevitably hit, I'm sure he'll have a couple decent offers on the table.

Also, some of the revisionist history on here is just ridiculous. DZ is not as bad as he's being made out to be. DZ has a ton of talent, but his problem has always been between the ears. He has a lower than idea hockey IQ, and struggles with consistency and focus. He played his best hockey with the Rangers when he was given 2LD minutes, plus PP time. Once he started getting buried on the depth chart with the emergence of McDonagh and the addition of John Moore forcing him to RD, where he was obviously uncomfortable, his game started going way downhill. The kid can still be a valuable cog in the right system. It's not a coincidence that he played his best hockey before McDonagh cemented himself on the team, and again when Staal went down with that gruesome eye injury. For whatever reason, he really needs to log enough minutes to keep his head in the game. Not the ideal dman by any means, but to say he can't crack a Top-6 of most teams in this league is ludicrous.

Old
07-31-2014, 02:05 PM
Brainiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
He's waiting for Subban to sign to set his market
Good one, sir!

Old
07-31-2014, 02:09 PM
NoUserNameHere

I travelled to NYC and saw a Rainjuz game at MSG last Dec. Upon noticing that MDZ wasn't playing I asked the guy next to me if MDZ was injured.

He said, "No. He's not injured. He's just aaaaawwwwwwful."

I think that might be the reason he's not getting any sniffs on the free agent market.

Old
07-31-2014, 02:12 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
DZ is likely waiting for a better offer than what he currently is getting. When training camp rolls around and injuries inevitably hit, I'm sure he'll have a couple decent offers on the table.

Also, some of the revisionist history on here is just ridiculous. DZ is not as bad as he's being made out to be. DZ has a ton of talent, but his problem has always been between the ears. He has a lower than idea hockey IQ, and struggles with consistency and focus. He played his best hockey with the Rangers when he was given 2LD minutes, plus PP time. Once he started getting buried on the depth chart with the emergence of McDonagh and the addition of John Moore forcing him to RD, where he was obviously uncomfortable, his game started going way downhill. The kid can still be a valuable cog in the right system. It's not a coincidence that he played his best hockey before McDonagh cemented himself on the team, and again when Staal went down with that gruesome eye injury. For whatever reason, he really needs to log enough minutes to keep his head in the game. Not the ideal dman by any means, but to say he can't crack a Top-6 of most teams in this league is ludicrous.
This does not explain what happened in Nashville.

Old
07-31-2014, 02:19 PM
Frodo Baggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore View Post
Eklund talks to a couple of Flyers dead beat writers. There is another person on various Flyers boards who actually breaks some good Flyers info and Eklund probably steals it from them.
Who?

Old
07-31-2014, 02:20 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
I never commented on what happened in Nashville, naturally. I'm a Rangers fan. I only comment on what I have enough data to form an opinion on. His time in Nashville, I obviously don't.

Old
07-31-2014, 02:24 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
I never commented on what happened in Nashville, naturally. I'm a Rangers fan. I only comment on what I have enough data to form an opinion on. His time in Nashville, I obviously don't.
Del Zaster seemed to hit rock bottom in Nashville, hence the unrestricted free agent status.

Old
07-31-2014, 02:33 PM
Preds33

Quote:
It's called Trotz never liked the trade as Trotz loved Klein. I honestly feel like Trotz never even gave MDZ a chance and had his mind made up before he even met the guy. When he did get to play in Nashville I didn't think he played as bad as everyone says he is.

Old
07-31-2014, 02:33 PM
Iridescent*

So if I have a source and call one or two trades over the course of 5 years, does that justify me completely making stuff up the other 99% of the time? And boldface lying about it being legit inside info?

Old
07-31-2014, 02:35 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Del Zaster seemed to hit rock bottom in Nashville, hence the unrestricted free agent status.
More like he would have been on the 3rd pairing due to our depth and his QO was too much to pay a 6th Dman

Old
07-31-2014, 02:48 PM
Mutagenesis
Nucks/Jackets/Isles

Does anyone know if Del Zotto is an Italian last name?

Oh **** it is, that means the Nucks will sign him for sure.

Old
07-31-2014, 02:49 PM
caley

The All-Purpose Michael Del Zotto Thread (All MDZ talk here please!)

Seems like every other day there's a thread on this guy and why hasn't he signed yet etc. etc. So let's keep it all in one thread!

07-31-2014, 02:55 PM
free0717

Is there a coach out there that can get his game back to where he was when he was a rookie?

Old
07-31-2014, 03:04 PM
SirKillalot

Saw a rumor yesterday about Detroit being interested, anyone knows if there is anything in that?

07-31-2014, 03:37 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starat327 View Post
Eklund is somehow very connected the flyers and was the first to break the carter/richards trades, and one of the first on JVR/Schenn, etc. As a flyers fan, i use him for flyers related rumors, but everything else i just ignore.
Did his source leave Philly in 2012?

Old
07-31-2014, 08:04 PM
Homegrown Kings
ft. Philly & Lumbus

I'm surprised at how far his stock has fallen the past couple of years.

Old
07-31-2014, 09:45 PM
eco's bones

I had the impression that on the Rangers anyway he was well liked by his teammates---so I really don't get the arrogance thing with him. I have gotten an immature vibe. He strikes me as a decent guy. Defensively he's average at his best--he needs to play with a steady stay at home guy. He needs to stay on the left side. His size--his strength are both issues. He's not a great skater--he makes a lot of bad reads and has a bad habit of chasing the play--another bad habit is he panics under pressure.

He can move the puck well--on the point he can walk the line which a lot of defenseman can't do very well. His shot is a problem. He can't blow it by a goaltender from the point and he misses the net a lot. His shot is why he's not become a good pwp productive player. Defenses know they don't have to worry about him scoring from the point. He might be able to walk the line but his only real option is to pass. He's not scoring from 50--60 feet out.

Old
07-31-2014, 10:45 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKillalot View Post
Saw a rumor yesterday about Detroit being interested, anyone knows if there is anything in that?
As far as I know Eklund from Hockeybuzz Is the only one that mentioned Michael Del Zotto as a possible fit with Detroit.

Old
08-01-2014, 12:06 AM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

vCash: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I had the impression that on the Rangers anyway he was well liked by his teammates---so I really don't get the arrogance thing with him. I have gotten an immature vibe. He strikes me as a decent guy. Defensively he's average at his best--he needs to play with a steady stay at home guy. He needs to stay on the left side. His size--his strength are both issues. He's not a great skater--he makes a lot of bad reads and has a bad habit of chasing the play--another bad habit is he panics under pressure.

He can move the puck well--on the point he can walk the line which a lot of defenseman can't do very well. His shot is a problem. He can't blow it by a goaltender from the point and he misses the net a lot. His shot is why he's not become a good pwp productive player. Defenses know they don't have to worry about him scoring from the point. He might be able to walk the line but his only real option is to pass. He's not scoring from 50--60 feet out.
So basically he is bad at everything except walking the line.

Closed Thread