HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Adam Henrique's ceiling/value

Old
08-03-2014, 02:47 AM
Eric Sachs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
No...... Not at all. Henrique is what he is, he will never be as Good as those two, he couldnt match them flanked by the best combo of wingers any center had in the game with Kovy and Parise. The numbers he put up with those two has him overrated. He's pretty much a better defensive, worse offensive version Of B.Schenn, or a Current Saad
he scored more goals last year than the year you referenced.. what's the excuse for that?

He is what he is.. which is what exactly? He's been in the league for 3 years and hasn't put up nearly the same season in any of them.

I think 25-30 goals, 55-65 points and great defensive work is what one should expect going forward. An ideal 2nd line winger but could see work on the 1st line with a playmaking center. I don't exactly love him at center.

Eric Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 03:23 AM
The Green Unit
Lost Cosmonaut

Quote:
No...... Not at all. Henrique is what he is, he will never be as Good as those two, he couldnt match them flanked by the best combo of wingers any center had in the game with Kovy and Parise. The numbers he put up with those two has him overrated. He's pretty much a better defensive, worse offensive version Of B.Schenn, or a Current Saad
Well as much as he could be suffering to be surrounded by one of the least productive core of forward right now.

The Green Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 04:29 AM
The Sweetness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Sachs View Post
he scored more goals last year than the year you referenced.. what's the excuse for that?

He is what he is.. which is what exactly? He's been in the league for 3 years and hasn't put up nearly the same season in any of them.

I think 25-30 goals, 55-65 points and great defensive work is what one should expect going forward. An ideal 2nd line winger but could see work on the 1st line with a playmaking center. I don't exactly love him at center.
55-65 points with great defense? So something like Brian Little?

45-55 points seems more realistic but I don't see the Devils that much.

The Sweetness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 06:05 AM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

Henrique hasnt hit his ceiling. he had a good year last year but what happened really? he had great chemistry with Elias but only played with him consistently from pretty late in the season. he should get a full season with him this year. also even when they were together they had a rotating RW of Ryder and his goal droughts, Brunner playing fairly alright, and Bernier playing like hot garbage. with some consistency on the 2nd line this year he betters his point total over last year imo

KaossKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 06:45 AM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict Kovalchuk View Post
He should end up like Plekanec or somebody similar. Very responsible two-way player who can put a good amount of points, but nothing spectacular. I do not think he ever reaches Kesler's peak, that guy was a dominant force and I haven't seen signs of Henrique's play reaching that. Still a fine player nonetheless.
funny you'd say that becaus plek has outproduced kesler throughout his career and he plays tougher defensive minutes.. so yea

kesler is an extremely overrated player

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 06:49 AM
Ventana*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
funny you'd say that becaus plek has outproduced kesler throughout his career and he plays tougher defensive minutes.. so yea

kesler is an extremely overrated player
Agreed. I would take Pleks always over Kesler. Kesler has a bad attitude, has been reported to be a cancer in the locker room, is selfish and quite overrated around the league. Was happy to get rid of him.

Ventana* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 08:12 AM
MichaelJ

Quote:
Utter garbage and ignorant post.

MichaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 08:17 AM
Brock Radunske
안양종합운동장 빙상장

vCash: 742
Quote:
He should end up like Plekanec or somebody similar. Very responsible two-way player who can put a good amount of points, but nothing spectacular. I do not think he ever reaches Kesler's peak, that guy was a dominant force and I haven't seen signs of Henrique's play reaching that. Still a fine player nonetheless.
You nailed it.

Brock Radunske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 09:45 AM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyExpertCanucks View Post
You don't want him to turn out like Kesler, believe me.
Yes, you donít want him to score 70+ points twice in his career, be a staple of the US Olympic team and be highly regarded as one of the best two way forwards in the game, believe me.

CF Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 10:08 AM
radicalcenter

Quote:
Considering Plekanec has a better point per game average than Kesler over the course of his career, if Henrique can become the next Plekanec he'll be a great player.

radicalcenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 11:26 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
he scored 25 goals last year without either of those guys

but nice try.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Aethon
12 Axes

Henrique has managed 110 points in 195 games playing on one of the most offensively challenged teams in the league. It should also be noted he hasn't play 3 full seasons yet and he was a top 50 goal scorer in the league ...if you're going to compare Henrique to established players you should look at those players first 200 games because that is were Henrique is...

Since his rookie season he has kept pretty good pace with Landeskog who has 135 points in 199 games(only comparing the two because they were rookies the same year and very close in pointsand games played)...considering the difference in offensive production of both teams, Henrique has done quite well offensively.

But Henrique does a lot more than just provide offense, he is a solid two player and one of the most effective PKers in the league.

Aethon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 01:40 PM
RSeen

I see 30-30 without a doubt. He took a huge step forward after the Olympic break. He was dynamic. As close to as untouchable as there is on this team.

RSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 01:52 PM
AfroThunder396
Certified G

vCash: 835
I think Chris Drury is the best comparable. Talent alone get him 20-25 goals, 40-50 points a year, but could conceivably hit +30/+30/+60 with the right linemates. He plays a very strong north/south game and is excellent in transition. He struggled trying to be a playmaker early this year, and that's not his game. He excels on fast breaks and crashing the net.

But you don't love him because of his offense, you love him because of his superb two-way play and leadership abilities. He's the guy you tell all your rookies to play like.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Cage Helmet
Thank you Marty!

Had a high shooting percentage this year, but he's had a pretty good shooting percentage throughout his career so far. I could see him scoring 30 a few times. Consistency was an issue with him last year, but when he was on, he was really on.

Led the team in goals, and his goals were among the prettiest scored on the team. He's one of the only guys that goes to the net on the entire team.

I don't think he's peaked yet. And worse offensively than B Schenn?

Cage Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

he is also already one of the best penalty killing forwards in the NHL.

Old
08-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Cage Helmet
Thank you Marty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
he is also already one of the best penalty killing forwards in the NHL.
And I believe he's already halfway or more to John Madden's team record for shorthanded goals scored.

Cage Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage Helmet View Post
And I believe he's already halfway or more to John Madden's team record for shorthanded goals scored.
he has 9...Madden had 17

Elias has 16.

Old
08-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Bcap88
;)

Quote:
lets just ignore the fact that he put up 25 goals this past season.

Bcap88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 11:42 PM
ManofSteel55

My opinion of Henrique is that he is a20 ish goal, 45 ish point centre with very above average two way play. If he's on your third line, you're laughing, if he's on your second line, you'd better hope you have a superstar centring the first line. He looks like he is a great playoff performer though, so in the right situation, I can see him being a very key piece of multiple cup runs. The Kesler comparisons are quite far off though.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2014, 05:19 AM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
My opinion of Henrique is that he is a20 ish goal, 45 ish point centre with very above average two way play. If he's on your third line, you're laughing, if he's on your second line, you'd better hope you have a superstar centring the first line. He looks like he is a great playoff performer though, so in the right situation, I can see him being a very key piece of multiple cup runs. The Kesler comparisons are quite far off though.
what nonsense

KaossKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2014, 07:12 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

he scored the same amount of points as Kesler this year...Kesler is on the decline while Henrique is on the rise.

I am not saying that he will ever put up as many points as Kesler, partly because the Devils offense probably isn't going to be as good as Vancouver's was any time soon...but they are very similar players.

Old
08-04-2014, 07:44 AM
Aethon
12 Axes

Like I said earlier, if you are going to compare establish players to young players at least look at similar points of their career...

Kesler First 4 seasons (2003-2004 to 2007-2008)
238 39 42 81

Henriques First three seasons
194 52 58 110

Kesler didn't score 50+ points until his 5th NHL season. Henrique did in his first, granted with very good linemates...

Kesler didn't score 25+ until his 5th season...Henrique did it in his third on one of the lowest scoring teams in the league.

Henrique blows Kesler away in every category at simllar points of their career...It is not really close at all.

Aethon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2014, 08:01 AM
SMantzas

Henrique is better suited at LW

SMantzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2014, 09:45 AM
JustinCider

Career year - 30-30-60
Average year - 22-28-50

Solid 2nd Line Center

He has shown the ability to play well with talented players, he's a nice piece, the Oilers would love a player like him. Jersey should pencil him in as their 2nd line C for the next 10 years.

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote