HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All purpose Evander Kane thread II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-06-2014, 08:18 AM
  #76
FireBylsma
Palmebjörk & Doktorn
 
FireBylsma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Mogadishu
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 147
What about Kunitz+Spaling and 2nd?

FireBylsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 08:24 AM
  #77
Seanahue
Registered User
 
Seanahue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,453
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBylsma View Post
What about Kunitz+Spaling and 2nd?
Is this a real offer?

Like.....most of me believes that you typed that up going "HA! There is no way they would ever go for that but lets do it for the giggles!"

Then there's a part of me that's thinking "This guy might be for real. This guy may actually think that this is fair value." That side of me is sad.

A 34 year old Kris Kunitz who would no longer have the pleasure of playing along side the current greatest player in hockey is not going to get it done.

What's that?

You say there's more?

Oh well maybe I jumped the gun.

Let see here. Oh so you've added a 25 year old who's played almost 300 games and have a career PPG average of .28. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

aaaaaaaaand a late second *DEALBREAKER!!!!!!*

Seanahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 11:37 AM
  #78
supersonic jet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBylsma View Post
What about Kunitz+Spaling and 2nd?
you should try trading with canucks, he would fit in with Sedins, could call it the Geri line.

supersonic jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 12:22 PM
  #79
vToSLAYER
Registered User
 
vToSLAYER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 69
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBylsma View Post
What about Kunitz+Spaling and 2nd?
Holy moly that is a bad one. I'm willing to bet most (if not all) of the Jets fan-base would pass.

vToSLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 12:30 PM
  #80
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,572
vCash: 500
If Kane is traded, I don't think it should be another hockey hot bed acquiring him. I think this kid needs to fly under the radar to be successful. Florida would be a good fit IMO. Maybe something based around Kane for Huberdeau? Not sure who adds what, but I think it's pretty close.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 12:44 PM
  #81
supersonic jet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
If Kane is traded, I don't think it should be another hockey hot bed acquiring him. I think this kid needs to fly under the radar to be successful. Florida would be a good fit IMO. Maybe something based around Kane for Huberdeau? Not sure who adds what, but I think it's pretty close.
Huberdeau would be close but I don't think anyone adds. They both have not shown their true potential and neither team would come out the loser.

supersonic jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 02:46 PM
  #82
AvsGuy
Registered User
 
AvsGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sk
Posts: 5,197
vCash: 500


Evander Kane




Adam Larsson
Stephen Gionta

AvsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 03:01 PM
  #83
Seanahue
Registered User
 
Seanahue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,453
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy View Post


Evander Kane




Adam Larsson
Stephen Gionta
I like Larsson a lot but the very last thing we need is another RHD.

Why was he sent to the A last year?

Also Gionta is a big old pile of MEH

Seanahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 03:14 PM
  #84
BleedBlueTO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBylsma View Post
What about Kunitz+Spaling and 2nd?
yikes

BleedBlueTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 03:28 PM
  #85
FireBylsma
Palmebjörk & Doktorn
 
FireBylsma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Mogadishu
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueTO View Post
yikes
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtoslayer View Post
Holy moly that is a bad one. I'm willing to bet most (if not all) of the Jets fan-base would pass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonic jet View Post
you should try trading with canucks, he would fit in with Sedins, could call it the Geri line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Is this a real offer?

Like.....most of me believes that you typed that up going "HA! There is no way they would ever go for that but lets do it for the giggles!"

Then there's a part of me that's thinking "This guy might be for real. This guy may actually think that this is fair value." That side of me is sad.

A 34 year old Kris Kunitz who would no longer have the pleasure of playing along side the current greatest player in hockey is not going to get it done.

What's that?

You say there's more?

Oh well maybe I jumped the gun.

Let see here. Oh so you've added a 25 year old who's played almost 300 games and have a career PPG average of .28. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

aaaaaaaaand a late second *DEALBREAKER!!!!!!*
Okay Jets fans wasn't as delusional as most of the pens fans about the "greatness" of Kunitz and Spaling.
So what about Kunitz, Spaling, Scuderi(cap dumps) and Määttä for Kane and Klingberg?

FireBylsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 05:43 PM
  #86
fmrdh
Registered User
 
fmrdh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBylsma View Post
Okay Jets fans wasn't as delusional as most of the pens fans about the "greatness" of Kunitz and Spaling.
So what about Kunitz, Spaling, Scuderi(cap dumps) and Määttä for Kane and Klingberg?
Deal.

fmrdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 08:04 PM
  #87
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets
 
Hunter368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBylsma View Post
Okay Jets fans wasn't as delusional as most of the pens fans about the "greatness" of Kunitz and Spaling.
So what about Kunitz, Spaling, Scuderi(cap dumps) and Määttä for Kane and Klingberg?
Deal

Hunter368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 08:14 PM
  #88
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,109
vCash: 50
Jets fans, is it looking probable that Kane will be moved?

__________________
I'm putting on the foil coach
Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 08:22 PM
  #89
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,370
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hoxville View Post
Jets fans, is it looking probable that Kane will be moved?
I think he likely will be moved, the only question being the time frame. I doubt he's moved before the start of the season at this point though.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 08:24 PM
  #90
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets
 
Hunter368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hoxville View Post
Jets fans, is it looking probable that Kane will be moved?
Not likely at this point in time. If the team performs badly up till the trade deadline then maybe he could get traded then....failing that maybe during next offseason/draft.

Chevy has his critics in WPG, but I'll give him this, he's sticking to his word and not budging. He WILL NOT let Kane go unless he gets whats he wants in return, meaning he knows he's won the trade. He has no reason to trade Kane at this point unless someone meets his price.

Kane is one of our best players, hardest working guys on the team and zero issues in the dressing room. He can be a bit immature and cocky off the ice but no one really cares about his off ice stuff. He has a great contract for 4 more years and is 23 years old to start the season. He's ranked as the #10 top LW 5vs5 in the entire NHL at 23 years old, you don't give those types of players away cheap. For now Kane is a Jet, until someone pays up big time to get him.....then MAYBE Chevy considers trading him....MAYBE.

Hunter368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 08:30 PM
  #91
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free
 
Nac Mac Feegle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,357
vCash: 50
Has anyone thought about addition instead of subtraction? Bring in a vet who can be a good mentor & linemate for Kane (and, by extension, the rest of the team). Take some of the pressure off the kid.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 08:40 PM
  #92
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,945
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doin Him an Egg View Post
He'll force a trade to Toronto because everybody wants to play for the Leafs.
Do not want.

Tunnel vision PWF with a career high of like 55 points making too much money.

Some "experts" here said Evander Kane AINEC over Kessel a few years ago

I do love him for pummelling Matt Cooke though.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 08:47 PM
  #93
Jetabre
Registered User
 
Jetabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Winterpeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
Has anyone thought about addition instead of subtraction? Bring in a vet who can be a good mentor & linemate for Kane (and, by extension, the rest of the team). Take some of the pressure off the kid.
His linemate situation should be alot better this year with the possibility of being centred by a more seasoned Scheifele or Perreault (who should be alot more compatible than Olli Jokinen). Chris Thorburn is a character locker room guy who Kane really likes. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if he was the reason Kane hasn't openly demanded a trade. Thorburn isn't exactly a mentor in the good hockey player sense, but he's a good guy who might be helping on Kane's mental state of the team.

With that being said I still think he'll end up being traded before his contract is up, but there is a possibility things will turn around with him and he'll mature and stick with the club.

Jetabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 09:00 PM
  #94
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets
 
Hunter368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetabre View Post
His linemate situation should be alot better this year with the possibility of being centred by a more seasoned Scheifele or Perreault (who should be alot more compatible than Olli Jokinen). Chris Thorburn is a character locker room guy who Kane really likes. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if he was the reason Kane hasn't openly demanded a trade. Thorburn isn't exactly a mentor in the good hockey player sense, but he's a good guy who might be helping on Kane's mental state of the team.

With that being said I still think he'll end up being traded before his contract is up, but there is a possibility things will turn around with him and he'll mature and stick with the club.
Agreed, funny thing about Kane is he should be careful what he wishes for, if he does actually want of WPG, which he's never actually stated. With zero trade limitations on that nice contract (and him ranked as the #10 LW 5vs5 in the entire NHL) we have 29 teams to make a deal with, he might not like where he ends up if he ever was traded.

Hunter368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 09:37 PM
  #95
officeglen
Registered User
 
officeglen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 3,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter368 View Post
... ranked as the #10 LW 5vs5 in the entire NHL ...
what is his LW 5vs4 (PP) rank?

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 09:45 PM
  #96
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,318
vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
what is his LW 5vs4 (PP) rank?
He doesn't get much PP time. All of his point totals are on ES because he isn't that good at creating space for himself to make a play. He relies on his natural talents and wrist shot for a lot of his goals. That's not to say he can't make a play, as he's done some very shifty stuff off the rush to open up a pass to an open player, but his proclivity is to always shoot first.

DespoticNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 09:55 PM
  #97
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets
 
Hunter368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
what is his LW 5vs4 (PP) rank?
As you likely know already, Kane played much of the season on the third line, he and his line mates rarely got PP time. Is this a statement on Kane or the plugs he played with on the third line (virtually the entire time in WPG Kane has had brutal line mates) I guess we'll see this year now that Kane has some NHL line mates to play with and a good centre.

With Paul's preference to play three lines a lot (Noël often went to his top two lines) it's unclear where Kane with play....2nd or 3rd line. There has some debate on that subject on our forums your welcome to come join the debate. Kane showed some good chemistry late in the year with Wheels and Mark. But Wheels and Kane both excel with the puck on their stick rushing. Kane May be paired with Perr who just signed with us, they could be a good match.

Hunter368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 09:59 PM
  #98
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets
 
Hunter368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
He doesn't get much PP time. All of his point totals are on ES because he isn't that good at creating space for himself to make a play. He relies on his natural talents and wrist shot for a lot of his goals. That's not to say he can't make a play, as he's done some very shifty stuff off the rush to open up a pass to an open player, but his proclivity is to always shoot first.
Agreed but his shoot first mentality likely is from having to play with plugs on his line who can't make plays or shoot.

Once he was paired with Wheels and Mark late in the season Kane was setting up Mark more than Mark was setting him up. Kane actually make a few jokes about this fact in a few post game interviews.

It will be interesting this year when Kane has some NHL players to play on his line for the entire season. Let's see what Kane can do this year.

Hunter368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2014, 01:20 AM
  #99
DFC
Registered User
 
DFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter368 View Post
As you likely know already, Kane played much of the season on the third line, he and his line mates rarely got PP time. Is this a statement on Kane or the plugs he played with on the third line (virtually the entire time in WPG Kane has had brutal line mates) I guess we'll see this year now that Kane has some NHL line mates to play with and a good centre.

With Paul's preference to play three lines a lot (Noël often went to his top two lines) it's unclear where Kane with play....2nd or 3rd line. There has some debate on that subject on our forums your welcome to come join the debate. Kane showed some good chemistry late in the year with Wheels and Mark. But Wheels and Kane both excel with the puck on their stick rushing. Kane May be paired with Perr who just signed with us, they could be a good match.
I honestly don't mean for this to sound facetious, and I'm aware that it sort of will sound that way anyway, but I really want to know: How is Kane so valuable when you're describing him as a fringe top-six player on a non-playoff team?

Don't take that as me saying "there's no way he's worth that much." I'm not. I understand the talent level, etc, but I'm genuinely curious as to why he's not playing a bigger role.

DFC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2014, 01:41 AM
  #100
moltisanti
Registered User
 
moltisanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBylsma View Post
What about Kunitz+Spaling and 2nd?
Last thing Pitt needs is more offense IMO. I'm a Bruins fan, and you guys are lacking defense. Martin is solid, but he is your only brick down there. We have Chara, Boychuk, and Seidenberg. All bricks. Maatta will be great in time, but I'm just telling you what I've seen. Could be wrong.

Crosby is the Tom Brady of the NHL. Anybody who he plays with is going to be good no matter what. I can bet Hornqvuist will put up 30 if he's playing next to him. Malkin is the same way.

moltisanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.