HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Cuts (merged)

Closed Thread

Old
09-15-2005, 03:00 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Rangers Cuts

Anyone know who the Rangers have cut or if they signed the tryouts to a pro contract in training camp so far???

Old
09-15-2005, 03:03 PM
broadwayblue

i think first cuts are announced today.

Old
09-15-2005, 03:06 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Renney said cuts would happen after yesterdays session. I guess we'll find out an official word who was cut tonight.

Old
09-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

I'm sure that someone will find out and post it as soon as the information becomes available. It's awfully hard to find out when nothing has been released from the organization.

Old
09-16-2005, 11:34 AM
BringBackNeilSmith

From Friday's Newsday, looks like the cuts are occurring today rather than yesterday, and more will be accomplished over the next two days:

"... The first training-camp cuts will be made after today's pair of scrimmages, and Maloney said the roster will be trimmed to 30-35 players Sunday ... "

Maybe there'll be something in Blueshirt tonight.........

http://www.nynewsday.com/sports/hock...-rangers-print

Old
09-16-2005, 11:50 AM
hockey momma

Is Jakub Petruzalek at the main camp?

Old
09-16-2005, 11:52 AM
Levitate

yeah he is

Old
09-16-2005, 12:06 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Bear
Is Jakub Petruzalek at the main camp?
Not for long methinks ; )

Old
09-16-2005, 01:13 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Anyone know who the Rangers have cut or if they signed the tryouts to a pro contract in training camp so far???
Ortmeyer and Hollweg for sure....JK..

Old
09-16-2005, 01:41 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Ortmeyer and Hollweg for sure....JK..

Hollweg should be with the Rangers opening night roster. If he makes it, the Rangers might have 4 players drafted from 2001 with Tyutin, Murray, Lampman and Hollweg.

Old
09-16-2005, 02:08 PM
Fletch

That's a decent if...

the odds are against both Hollweg and Murray making it out of the gate, unless of course Murray impresses so much that he's the checking center, while Immonen's not impressive at all. I haven't heard mention of Lampman - which is I guess the way he goes about business - if you hear nothing, it's good. It's that quiet steady. But I'm doubtful he makes it. Sounds as though Pock may be making a bit of a push.

Old
09-16-2005, 02:20 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
the odds are against both Hollweg and Murray making it out of the gate, unless of course Murray impresses so much that he's the checking center, while Immonen's not impressive at all. I haven't heard mention of Lampman - which is I guess the way he goes about business - if you hear nothing, it's good. It's that quiet steady. But I'm doubtful he makes it. Sounds as though Pock may be making a bit of a push.
Fletch, are you saying Immonen's not impressive? I can't I am a little confused by your post's wording.

Old
09-16-2005, 02:21 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Hollweg should be with the Rangers opening night roster. If he makes it, the Rangers might have 4 players drafted from 2001 with Tyutin, Murray, Lampman and Hollweg.
Just a joke...There is no bigger fan of Ryan Hollweg out there then me...I truly expect him to make the team, and over guys such as Murray (pretty much a disaster in Hartford), some of the skill guys (because the Ranger have ZERO hitting) and maybe even Orts (but I would want both)......Then again, it's Sather and Renny running the show.

Old
09-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Fletch

Larry is the biggest Hollweg fan...

and I personally became one pretty quickly (after larry beatin it into our heads, and after I got a chance to see him play). This kid's determined to be a hockey player. His work ethic is that of Mike York. I like his chances at being an NHLer, as a third, or more likely, a fourth liner, but then again, I think he was written-off after his big injury a couple years ago.

nyr - I didn't say he was unimpressive. It was part of the scenario that would have to play out if Hollweg and Murray make this team. I do believe it was reported that one of the days this week wasn't too good. But, of course, he'll likely get a chance to play in preseason games and that's what's going to count.

Old
09-16-2005, 02:32 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Just a joke...There is no bigger fan of Ryan Hollweg out there then me...I truly expect him to make the team, and over guys such as Murray (pretty much a disaster in Hartford), some of the skill guys (because the Ranger have ZERO hitting) and maybe even Orts (but I would want both)......Then again, it's Sather and Renny running the show.
This is the problem that a player like Ward represents. He IS signed for two years, meaning any potential cut of him will also affect future years cap amounts.
To me, the bottom 4 wings should be Neimo & Hollyweg (on the third line) & Murray & Ortmeyer (on the 4th line). If someone like Giroux really impresses, then Murray can be moved to center and Giroux can play the wing. The better of him or Hollyweg gets to play on the 3rd line. That, then allows a competition between Moore and Betts to be the third line center. Or, if Giroux plays in Hartford, then Betts & Moore can be the respective 3rd & 4th line centers.
Off course, the other problem here is Balej and Lundmark. One of them will be on the 2nd line. What happens with the other one? No point in either playing in Hartford and no point in either playing on the bottom 2 lines.
I would prefer to see Immonen play the year in Hartford. He is not a checking center and should not be used as one.
Here are my bottom 2 lines (since we know what the top 2 are going to look like):
(Please excuse me if I mess up the wings)
Neimo-Betts-Hollyweg or Neimo-Moore-Giroux
Murray-Moore-Ortmeyer or Hollyweg-Murray-Ortmeyer

I am giving Murray a bit of slack becuase he was injured a good part of last year. Again, the issue becomes if Balej plays on the 2nd line, what happens to Lundmark?

Old
09-16-2005, 02:34 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Gotcha Fletch, I thought that was what u meant but was not sure.

Old
09-16-2005, 02:43 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
This is the problem that a player like Ward represents. He IS signed for two years, meaning any potential cut of him will also affect future years cap amounts.
To me, the bottom 4 wings should be Neimo & Hollyweg (on the third line) & Murray & Ortmeyer (on the 4th line). If someone like Giroux really impresses, then Murray can be moved to center and Giroux can play the wing. The better of him or Hollyweg gets to play on the 3rd line. That, then allows a competition between Moore and Betts to be the third line center. Or, if Giroux plays in Hartford, then Betts & Moore can be the respective 3rd & 4th line centers.
Off course, the other problem here is Balej and Lundmark. One of them will be on the 2nd line. What happens with the other one? No point in either playing in Hartford and no point in either playing on the bottom 2 lines.
I would prefer to see Immonen play the year in Hartford. He is not a checking center and should not be used as one.
Here are my bottom 2 lines (since we know what the top 2 are going to look like):
(Please excuse me if I mess up the wings)
Neimo-Betts-Hollyweg or Neimo-Moore-Giroux
Murray-Moore-Ortmeyer or Hollyweg-Murray-Ortmeyer

I am giving Murray a bit of slack becuase he was injured a good part of last year. Again, the issue becomes if Balej plays on the 2nd line, what happens to Lundmark?
I like your 3rd and 4th lines and wish it was kids fighting for more spots..

You know, another guy that might get the shaft because of Ward and too many Czechs is CHAD WISEMAN...he seems to be healthy again and we gotta remember that, when healthy, he was pretty much one of the WOlfpacks best all around forwards for a long time...

And I shouldn't be so hard on Murray...I do like the kid, but he has to prove he's ready for the NHL (or large ice time in Hartford)..he hasn't done that yet....

And the samething with Hollweg, Giroux, Prucha and any other kid I might champion, they have to show it in camp...OTOH, they also have to be given the fair shot which is hard when too many vets were brought in

Old
09-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
You know, another guy that might get the shaft because of Ward and too many Czechs is CHAD WISEMAN...
I'm a big Wiseman fan too, but haven't heard anything about him yet. Not sure if it's a bad sign or there's just too much info to disseminate with 66 players out there.

Old
09-16-2005, 03:06 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I'm a big Wiseman fan too, but haven't heard anything about him yet. Not sure if it's a bad sign or there's just too much info to disseminate with 66 players out there.
He appears to be lost in the shuffle.

Old
09-16-2005, 03:10 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
He appears to be lost in the shuffle.

That's OK. We only gave up Nils Ekman for him.

Old
09-16-2005, 03:31 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
That's OK. We only gave up Nils Ekman for him.
Who?

exactly

Old
09-16-2005, 03:35 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
Who?

exactly

Nils Ekman. 22 goals with 33 assists for San Jose on 03-04. 55 points which would have put him third in points for the Rangers that year. One point shy of Bobby Holik.

That's who.

Exactly.

Old
09-16-2005, 03:41 PM
GraveyTrain09

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Nils Ekman. 22 goals with 33 assists for San Jose on 03-04. 55 points which would have put him third in points for the Rangers that year. One point shy of Bobby Holik.

That's who.

Exactly.
yea but everyone on the rangers would have had higher point totals if they were at san jose. SJ is a good team, and we...arnt. dont forget that

Old
09-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Edge

The Ekman trade didnt work out but i dont think many people at the time could say they thought he was a legit 55 point NHL'er.

I mean look who we acquired the guy for in the first place and he wasn't exacltly taking the AHL by storm. He was a player in his late 20's putting up decent goal totals which is what you expect out of a fringe NHL player in his mid-20's.

That's one i dont fault Sather and company on.

Old
09-16-2005, 03:50 PM
BringBackNeilSmith

Well, they took the trouble to obtain him then combined on misreading him and giving him a minimal opportunity. So, like, let's not go overboard with the forbearance, eh? If frigging Rucinsky gets 55 points any year from now forward, then I guess it's no big deal.

Closed Thread