Oh ****, that's amazing.

Old
08-13-2014, 09:06 AM
GermanJetsFan
Beaver Jedi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I LOVE video games GJF, but to me this is just more lipstick on a pig. I bought NHL 94 through 09 but I stopped there. I got tired of the same thing over and over with a couple new bells and whistles.

I might install the demo but if it doesn't wow me, I won't bother buying it. I'd rather save up for an XB1 and get ready to play "The Division".
Wait you do realize this is PS4 and xbone only right? because your last sentence makes it look like you don't. In other words: this is the first time since 2009 that EA is actually building up everything new instead of just handing out the same game as the year before.

If you compare it with NBA2k14 and fifa 14 on ps4, they both made a significant step forward and I have no doubt that so will NHL 15. In fact they, other than nba2k14 and fifa14 on next gen, they took their time and didnt just bring out an updated 14 but with a New engine. I mean the game probably still wont be pefect but what sports game is?

BTW this is the first post I made with the iPhone and it is incredibly annoying. Wow. The more Im using this Thing the less I understand how the **** this piece of crap can be so freaking popular. My HTC would have taken half the Time to write this text AT MAX!!!! You dont even have direction arrows like on a keyboard?!! Wtf if youd like to jump to some word, two words ago, why do I have to concenrate and actually aim to hit the Spot instead of just touching the left arrow for 5 Times? Its so much easier .... This Text took me over 20 minutes xD Thats Pathetic.

Old
08-13-2014, 10:30 AM
spiny norman
Mod Supervisor
Dinsdale !!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post

BTW this is the first post I made with the iPhone and it is incredibly annoying. Wow. The more Im using this Thing the less I understand how the **** this piece of crap can be so freaking popular. My HTC would have taken half the Time to write this text AT MAX!!!! You dont even have direction arrows like on a keyboard?!! Wtf if youd like to jump to some word, two words ago, why do I have to concenrate and actually aim to hit the Spot instead of just touching the left arrow for 5 Times? Its so much easier .... This Text took me over 20 minutes xD Thats Pathetic.
Trying touching your finger on the text area; after a few seconds a magnifying glass will appear which you can drag allowing you to easily re-position the cursor to the desired spot.

Old
08-13-2014, 12:56 PM
JC Numminen
Global Moderator
A storm is coming

Quote:
Up until around March I only posted using my iPhone. I then got a laptop and do not understand how I managed without one. Typing anything of length takes for ever, and the Auto Correct makes it even harder when typing players names

Contract is up in 10 months, may look at something different. Samsung or Android maybe?

Old
08-13-2014, 01:19 PM
buggs
A storm is coming...

vCash: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Numminen View Post
Up until around March I only posted using my iPhone. I then got a laptop and do not understand how I managed without one. Typing anything of length takes for ever, and the Auto Correct makes it even harder when typing players names

Contract is up in 10 months, may look at something different. Samsung or Android maybe?
My contract is up in December. I'm on a Galaxy S3 and it still does all I need it to do, though for whatever reason I haven't been able to add music to it lately (drag and drop just ain't working) - though that may be a computer issue, not a phone issue. Wife and kid are on iPhone's so I'm sort of inclined but all I see are complaints it seems. Then again, I'm not even remotely using my phone to a tenth of its potential...

Old
08-13-2014, 01:23 PM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 777
Samsung uses android for an OS.

I just picked up the Samsung G4 mini from MTS as I was out of contract. Cost me zero dollars. Pretty sweet phone so far.

Old
08-13-2014, 01:40 PM
GermanJetsFan
Beaver Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
Trying touching your finger on the text area; after a few seconds a magnifying glass will appear which you can drag allowing you to easily re-position the cursor to the desired spot.
Yes thanks I know but the thing IMO is: Often it will take you more time putting your finger around the are you wanna change and then slide into the spot than just tapping "above" "left" "left". It's just annoying and could be dealt better with. I have a pretty old iOS version though, so maybe it is better by now, IDK.

Old
08-13-2014, 01:49 PM
Jet
More Finnz pls

Quote:
Wait you do realize this is PS4 and xbone only right? because your last sentence makes it look like you don't. In other words: this is the first time since 2009 that EA is actually building up everything new instead of just handing out the same game as the year before.

If you compare it with NBA2k14 and fifa 14 on ps4, they both made a significant step forward and I have no doubt that so will NHL 15. In fact they, other than nba2k14 and fifa14 on next gen, they took their time and didnt just bring out an updated 14 but with a New engine. I mean the game probably still wont be pefect but what sports game is?

Well, you got an iPhone, so you've lost all credibility with me already

I don't trust EA Sports. I'll wait and see if it's really that much different then the old console games. There's a reason EA Games was voted the worst company in the world

08-13-2014, 02:18 PM
JC Numminen
Global Moderator
A storm is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
Samsung uses android for an OS.

I just picked up the Samsung G4 mini from MTS as I was out of contract. Cost me zero dollars. Pretty sweet phone so far.
Did you have an iPhone before?

Old
08-13-2014, 02:27 PM
TCsmyth

Gang, not sure where to post this, but check out the Illegal Curve videos of the ice bucket challenge. I know it is almost like sport for us to comment on, but Buff looking good in my opinion

Old
08-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Numminen View Post
Did you have an iPhone before?
No before I had a Sony Xperia. My wife has an IPhone. Easy to use and one button perfect for a woman

I prefer my android though

Old
08-13-2014, 02:38 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
Gang, not sure where to post this, but check out the Illegal Curve videos of the ice bucket challenge. I know it is almost like sport for us to comment on, but Buff looking good in my opinion
I didn't see that vid before (Buff), but I agree. He looks to be in pretty decent shape.

Old
08-13-2014, 03:16 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Yes thanks I know but the thing IMO is: Often it will take you more time putting your finger around the are you wanna change and then slide into the spot than just tapping "above" "left" "left". It's just annoying and could be dealt better with. I have a pretty old iOS version though, so maybe it is better by now, IDK.
Right, it's the iPhone's fault...

He said to his friend, "If the British march
By land or sea from the town to-night,
Hang a lantern aloft in the belfry arch
Of the North Church tower as a signal light,--
One if by land, and two if by sea;
And I on the opposite shore will be,
Ready to ride and spread the alarm
Through every Middlesex village and farm,
For the country folk to be up and to arm."

Old
08-13-2014, 03:34 PM
LadyJet26
WHITEOUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
No before I had a Sony Xperia. My wife has an IPhone. Easy to use and one button perfect for a woman

I prefer my android though
Maybe this is why I want an iPhone back. Hate my xperia. Although I hate it a little less when I finally figured out how to get my music from itunes on it.

So remember how I said I got burnt on Saturday when I went to Bird's Hill? Well, pretty much everywhere is now a nice tan except for my boobs. They're still red and peeling despite putting copious amounts of body butter on them.

Old
08-13-2014, 03:57 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJet26 View Post
Maybe this is why I want an iPhone back. Hate my xperia. Although I hate it a little less when I finally figured out how to get my music from itunes on it.

So remember how I said I got burnt on Saturday when I went to Bird's Hill? Well, pretty much everywhere is now a nice tan except for my boobs. They're still red and peeling despite putting copious amounts of body butter on them.
I've heard of Blue-Footed Boobies, but not Red-Breasted Boobies.

Old
08-13-2014, 04:01 PM
StronGeer
Some say...

vCash: 1337
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
I've heard of Blue-Footed Boobies, but not Red-Breasted Boobies.
hahaha

Old
08-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetabre View Post
He looked pretty fit in his ice bucket challenge video thing as well for an even more recent example.
Any link to his challenage? I would like to see it.

Old
08-13-2014, 04:37 PM
GermanJetsFan
Beaver Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Well, you got an iPhone, so you've lost all credibility with me already

I don't trust EA Sports. I'll wait and see if it's really that much different then the old console games. There's a reason EA Games was voted the worst company in the world
I lost my HTC like 3 weeks ago and my brother Sent me his old one god damn it

Old
08-13-2014, 04:39 PM
Jetabre
Here we come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter368 View Post
Any link to his challenage? I would like to see it.
http://instagram.com/p/rm_IZ9HrfV/

Old
08-13-2014, 05:12 PM
Clinch
x Winnipeg Jets

Quote:
I put more ice in my tea than that. . . . but he is not looking too bad at all. Good stuff!

Old
08-13-2014, 05:22 PM
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets

Quote:
Thanks!

Buff is looking pretty fit, maybe he took Paul's warning about camp to heart. So funny that Buff challenged Chipman......only Buff would do that. I want to see if Chipman does it and then watch the video. Love it

Old
08-13-2014, 05:25 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Thanks!

Buff is looking pretty fit, maybe he took Paul's warning about camp to heart. So funny that Buff challenged Chipman......only Buff would do that. I want to see if Chipman does it and then watch the video. Love it
One owner down , now just to get David Thomson on board !

Old
08-13-2014, 05:55 PM
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
One owner down , now just to get David Thomson on board !
Too funny if Chipman challenage him and Zinger.

Old
08-13-2014, 06:27 PM
ATHF
Go Jets Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
The only one I was super interested in seeing was Chipman's but the link on the IC page is broken...hope it ends up posted somewhere else...

Old
08-13-2014, 06:38 PM
alchemyindex
too long like this

vCash: 122
Quote:
Too funny if Chipman challenage him and Zinger.
http://instagram.com/p/rp6k4dDVi6/

There's Chipman... And he challenges Bettman at the end!

Closed Thread