HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets sign D Julien Brouillette to 600k one year, two-way contract.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-08-2014, 04:43 PM
  #26
jetkarma
Registered User
 
jetkarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Yup, the self-proclaimed smartest GM in the whole darn world may just be in for another fat extended contract, really don't know what Ol'Chips is waiting for!




Don't worry Sip , I am sure he'll follow your advice and ship 55 to the rock as there is no way he can play up in the bigs.

Seriously , obviously a minor move for deep deep depth and for the farm team . Why continually bash moves that have zero relevance people?

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 04:46 PM
  #27
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets
 
Hunter368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Don't worry Sip , I am sure he'll follow your advice and ship 55 to the rock as there is no way he can play up in the bigs.

Seriously , obviously a minor move for deep deep depth and for the farm team . Why continually bash moves that have zero relevance people?
See my post on page one about people's frustration and you'll understand.

Hunter368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 04:50 PM
  #28
jetkarma
Registered User
 
jetkarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter368 View Post
See my post on page one about people's frustration and you'll understand.
Well then why no criticism for the two AHL signings today? Seriously , people are looking for ANYTHING to harp on . This is beyond understandable.

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 04:55 PM
  #29
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets
 
Hunter368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Well then why no criticism for the two AHL signings today? Seriously , people are looking for ANYTHING to harp on . This is beyond understandable.
It's not beyond understandable if you understand the general publics desire to be a winner vs a loser. People are growing more and more ticked off, especially season ticket holders (including me). I'm not surprised in the least by people's frustration, I'm just waiting for the first Jets jersey to be thrown on the ice after or during a losing cause (might see one this year, which would be interesting to see/hear the players/managements response to it). Fans have a right to state their opinion both good and bad.

Hunter368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 05:04 PM
  #30
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter368 View Post
It's not beyond understandable if you understand the general publics desire to be a winner vs a loser. People are growing more and more ticked off, especially season ticket holders (including me). I'm not surprised in the least by people's frustration, I'm just waiting for the first Jets jersey to be thrown on the ice after or during a losing cause (might see one this year, which would be interesting to see/hear the players/managements response to it). Fans have a right to state their opinion both good and bad.
Yes fans have a right to be annoyed but its getting unbearable around here. We haven't played a game yet and already the season is over for some. Bashing our GM over a move like this is silly IMO. At the end of the day games are played on the Ice and there is no reason why we can't make the playoffs, plenty of worse teams have.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 05:06 PM
  #31
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets
 
Hunter368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Yes fans have a right to be annoyed but its getting unbearable around here. We haven't played a game yet and already the season is over for some. Bashing our GM over a move like this is silly IMO. At the end of the day games are played on the Ice and there is no reason why we can't make the playoffs, plenty of worse teams have.
Frustration is not a logical emotion, but it's human nature, it's going to get much worse here just wait.

Many fans were expecting big things this summer and the Jets did very little.

Hunter368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 05:11 PM
  #32
jetkarma
Registered User
 
jetkarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter368 View Post
Frustration is not a logical emotion, but it's human nature, it's going to get much worse here just wait.

Many fans were expecting big things this summer and the Jets did very little.
I mean this seriously , luckily for us the management and ownership are in sync and won't react to "fans" that can't see the big picture.

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 05:11 PM
  #33
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter368 View Post
Frustration is not a logical emotion, but it's human nature, it's going to get much worse here just wait.

Many fans were expecting big things this summer and the Jets did very little.
Well that depends on how they play does it not. If the team is competitive no one will care what Chevy did or didn't do.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 05:12 PM
  #34
Gm0ney
Registered User
 
Gm0ney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Yes fans have a right to be annoyed but its getting unbearable around here. We haven't played a game yet and already the season is over for some. Bashing our GM over a move like this is silly IMO. At the end of the day games are played on the Ice and there is no reason why we can't make the playoffs, plenty of worse teams have.
I've been pretty optimistic heading into each of the last 3 seasons. Year 1 was all "THIS IS AWESOME! NHL HOCKEY! WOOO! WTF ODUYA!? WHO CARES!? WOOOO". Year 2 I thought we had a solid chance at the SE Div crown - and we did come pretty close. Year 3 I thought we should've done more in the offseason, but still liked our chances of slipping into a wildcard. But now at the dawn of Year 4, I've watched our already tough division get tougher (and we just finished last) and the Jets add 1 apparently decent player (Perreault) and not deal with their biggest problem, again...so I'm a little apathetic about our prospects. It's new territory for me, even though I've been less than thrilled with the direction of the team for a couple of offseasons now.

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 05:19 PM
  #35
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets
 
Hunter368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Well that depends on how they play does it not. If the team is competitive no one will care what Chevy did or didn't do.
If the team fails to make the playoffs for 4 years straight believe me no one will care what Chevy did or didn't do, they will hold him accountable. If they make the playoffs it will lessen the pressure but only a little and only for a short while.

Hunter368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 05:23 PM
  #36
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets
 
Hunter368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
I mean this seriously , luckily for us the management and ownership are in sync and won't react to "fans" that can't see the big picture.
We'll that depends, if management has a big picture plan and if they can adapt if the plan goes south (like many plans do). But you're right most management shouldn't follow the opinions of fans, players or employees. But I think it's fair for us all to start to question this teams plan after 3 failed seasons and very possible a fourth one.

Hunter368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 05:31 PM
  #37
Jet
Moderator
Stand by your man
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Whipanegg
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,421
vCash: 50
Honestly, this is getting very tiresome.

CUT OUT THE TALK ABOUT WHO IS PICKING AT WHAT AND HOW PEOPLE ARE REACTING TO THINGS!

It is OT. We are talking about the signing of Julien Brouillette. That is ALL.

If you don't like a posters slant, ignore them.

If you can't stay on topic, ignore the thread.

People are allowed to be as positive or negative as they wish. All you can do is choose how you react to it. Commenting on a segment of posters posting styles or attitudes is spam.

It has permeated every corner of this forum and it has to stop.

There will be no further warnings about this. You will be threadbanned, warned and infracted from this point on.

__________________
The Olympic Line
Jet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 05:32 PM
  #38
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
IceCaps depth signing.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 05:55 PM
  #39
JJ McCubbin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
More depth for the Caps. Anybody know if he can play on the right?

JJ McCubbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 06:50 PM
  #40
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,064
vCash: 500
IceCaps D options:

Lefties:
This guy
Melchiori
O`Neill
Hill
Chiarot
Freibergs

Righties:
Kichton
Fredheim

Not really an imposing D group, plus Kich, Melch and Chiarot are the only true Jets prospects in that bunch.

Ellerby could go down too I suppose.

Wonder if they are done.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 07:02 PM
  #41
DarthMonty
Jurassic Park baby
 
DarthMonty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Optimismville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,341
vCash: 275
I don't think this signing impacts the Jets whatsoever - Brouillette is a depth signing for the 'Caps. And I bet the Jets/Caps aren't finished filling out the D, judging from the imbalance of RHD to LHD.

DarthMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 07:18 PM
  #42
meedle
Registered User
 
meedle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 4,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMonty View Post
I don't think this signing impacts the Jets whatsoever - Brouillette is a depth signing for the 'Caps. And I bet the Jets/Caps aren't finished filling out the D, judging from the imbalance of RHD to LHD.
I think it is a depth LHD signing for the jets incase of injuries, clearly they think some of the guys currently in the AHL aren't ready to step up in that role. Also might show some small insight they are sending Morrissey back for more seasoning.

Both Melchiori and Chariot were called up last year and didn't look good.

meedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 07:25 PM
  #43
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by meedle View Post
I think it is a depth LHD signing for the jets incase of injuries, clearly they think some of the guys currently in the AHL aren't ready to step up in that role. Also might show some small insight they are sending Morrissey back for more seasoning.

Both Melchiori and Chariot were called up last year and didn't look good.
The team seems to think Chiarot will make some noise at camp this year.

Anyone wanna guess what the final LD depth chart looks like?

1) Toby
2) Clitsome
3) Stuart
4) Pardy
5) Ellerby
6) Chiarot
7) This guy
8) Melchiori
9) O`Neill
10) Freibergs (with a strong camp / start maybe earns an ELC)

RH side:
Trouba
Bogo
Postma
Kichton
??????

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 07:45 PM
  #44
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*
 
GermanJetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Darmstadt, GER
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,490
vCash: 500
another one from the Caps board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
AHL defenseman. No better than NHL emergency depth. Okay offensive insticts, but his puck moving is very suspect at the NHL level. Plays a somewhat conservative, positional game in the defensive zone.

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 07:51 PM
  #45
KingBogo
Admitted Homer
 
KingBogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 5,640
vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by theamazingchris View Post
So where exactly does this guy slot in on the depth chart? I'm assuming below Ellerby/Pardy, right? So.... is this guy ahead of a callup? If he is, why is that? If he isn't, why do we have him on a two-way? Doesn't make sense. It's not gonna matter one way or another, but I just don't want another Redmond because of guys like this. That's what I'm worried about.
Who are you worried he will block? If a career AHLer in his late 20's with 10 NHL games under his belt blocks you from the show, you ain't going to make it.

KingBogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 08:02 PM
  #46
theamazingchris
#ScrapChevy
 
theamazingchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
Who are you worried he will block? If a career AHLer in his late 20's with 10 NHL games under his belt blocks you from the show, you ain't going to make it.
It's not the blocking itself that bothers me, it's the possibility that this guy will block a better one, and one we actually have interest in, from coming up. If our guys actually are worse, then yes, you're right. But I'm worried that may not prove to be the case.

theamazingchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 08:13 PM
  #47
KingBogo
Admitted Homer
 
KingBogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 5,640
vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by theamazingchris View Post
It's not the blocking itself that bothers me, it's the possibility that this guy will block a better one, and one we actually have interest in, from coming up. If our guys actually are worse, then yes, you're right. But I'm worried that may not prove to be the case.
But this guy is not going to stand in any real players way. He is an AHL depth signing. If we are down to our 10-11 guy on the depth chart he may get a couple of games. If one of our prospects can't rise above him, they will be him in a couple years.

KingBogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 08:42 PM
  #48
Jets
Resident Sieve
 
Jets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,480
vCash: 500
He was signed to play the 2nd pairing LHD spot to accelerate the soft tank

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 08:55 PM
  #49
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theamazingchris View Post
So where exactly does this guy slot in on the depth chart? I'm assuming below Ellerby/Pardy, right? So.... is this guy ahead of a callup? If he is, why is that? If he isn't, why do we have him on a two-way? Doesn't make sense. It's not gonna matter one way or another, but I just don't want another Redmond because of guys like this. That's what I'm worried about.
My best guess has him behind

Trouba
Bogo
Postma
Kichton

Toby
Clitsome
Stu
Pardy
Ellerby

And perhaps

Chiarot
Melchiori

That would place him at 10-12 on the depth chart. Gotta hope the team doesn't get there. Then again, the Jets call up depth chart seems to change with short term performance.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 10:13 PM
  #50
Guardian17
Strong & Free
 
Guardian17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,354
vCash: 500
Who?


Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.