Good job nhl.com.

Romang67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2014, 04:53 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
based off that rankings list we all clearly have no clue what were talking about looking at our prospect list lmao

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2014, 05:05 PM
jetkarma

vCash: 500
Look at who's writing it .

Look at the mock drafts they do ( final ones at that ).

Look at the misinformation detailed.

Disregard.

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Ceccles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Look at who's writing it .

Look at the mock drafts they do ( final ones at that ).

Look at the misinformation detailed.

Disregard.
So you say Mike Morreale doesn't know anything?

What misinformation is detailed?

And Chariot had a strong showing in the AHL playoffs apparently, McCambridge raved about him in this article..
http://m.winnipegsun.com/2014/05/30/...ps-playoff-run

Ceccles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2014, 05:29 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceccles View Post
So you say Mike Morreale doesn't know anything?

What misinformation is detailed?

And Chariot had a strong showing in the AHL playoffs apparently, McCambridge raved about him in this article..
Look at the sizes he lists , very out of date. If you can make an error such as this , such an easy piece of information , and you get that wrong , doesn't bode well for me to trust the core of the article.

This is dealing with prospects , so draft picks and recent former ones. Their ( NHL.COM ) writers , all three of them are not very accurate with their mock drafts and ratings. Again makes me not take any information such as this in a way that it is more than it was thrown together and not researched properly or given the attention it should warrant.

Old
08-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Ceccles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Look at the sizes he lists , very out of date. If you can make an error such as this , such an easy piece of information , and you get that wrong , doesn't bode well for me to trust the core of the article.

This is dealing with prospects , so draft picks and recent former ones. Their ( NHL.COM ) writers , all three of them are not very accurate with their mock drafts and ratings. Again makes me not take any information such as this in a way that it is more than it was thrown together and not researched properly or given the attention it should warrant.
Who's the most accurate then? They are scouts for nhl.com.... Meaning they get paid to write about nhl prospects. So I'm going with the scouts opinion and not your [mod] opinion. Because all you have mentioned is, the size is wrong and because of that he doesn't know anything anymore.

Remember that these are players that they have already scouted. As a player develops, it is easier to say how this player will turnout instead of saying an 18 yr old could be a 2nd liner.

Scouts see more than what we see, be realistic man...

Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 08-09-2014 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Not needed
Old
08-09-2014, 06:04 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Who's the most accurate then? They are scouts for nhl.com.... Meaning they get paid to write about nhl prospects. So I'm going with the scouts opinion and not your [mod] opinion. Because all you have mentioned is, the size is wrong and because of that he doesn't know anything anymore.

Remember that these are players that they have already scouted. As a player develops, it is easier to say how this player will turnout instead of saying an 18 yr old could be a 2nd liner.

You are free to base your opinions and base your views on whomever you wish . If you feel he/they have valid opinions from all you have read then by all means place your trust in them .

It wasn't all I mentioned but again you decide if you want to believe that list or not , personally it doesn't matter to me at all. I know I don't value it , but don't expect you to feel the same.

Scouts do see more as do coaches , and people that work for Hockey Canada .

Old
08-09-2014, 06:31 PM
Aavco Cup

vCash: 2149
Their mocks are pretty useless. The expected arrivals seem a bit off IMO. We'll see if Chiarot makes the team this year. He's the only one they have listed at 2014-15 besides Hutch (who's a lock) They probably don't consider O'Dell & Klingberg prospects anymore.

Aavco Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2014, 06:47 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:

In Sweden, we call this an appeal to authority.

I'm not even sure where you get that these guys would be scouts for nhl.com? It looks like they're just writers. I can be a writer. That doesn't mean that I know how to rank prospects for teams I don't regularly watch.

I'm not saying that the list is absolute crap. But Lowry is way too high, and Chiarot should probably not even be on there.

Old
08-09-2014, 09:11 PM
supahdupah
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post

I'm not even sure where you get that these guys would be scouts for nhl.com? It looks like they're just writers. I can be a writer. That doesn't mean that I know how to rank prospects for teams I don't regularly watch.

I'm not saying that the list is absolute crap. But Lowry is way too high, and Chiarot should probably not even be on there.
Lowry at #2 is ridiculous. A 3rd rounder who only started scoring in his draft + 2, with 1 year of pro vs a top 10 pick with elite level offensive skills. Bizarre.

Chiarot above Hellebuyck?

supahdupah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Foos

The article also lists Hutch as being acquired via trade with Boston. Pretty sure he was signed as a free agent when Boston didn't qualify him.

Foos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2014, 10:23 PM
maximus tacitus
KeepKane and CarryIn

lolz

maximus tacitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2014, 01:43 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

You be surprised how not very often scouts see non-blue chip prospects

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2014, 05:19 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
You be surprised how not very often scouts see non-blue chip prospects
Well that's why they aren't blue chips prospects I guess.

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2014, 09:21 AM
Ceccles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post

I'm not too sure where I got that idea either.. I had to look that up. Anyways they get their insight from scouts. Just like in this article he got his insight from the Jets director of amateur scouting, marcel comeau.

Lowry at 2nd over Ehlers doesn't make sense to me. In terms of raw talent Ehlers would be the better prospect. But Lowry developed his game, had an injury that set him back at the beginning of the season and had a 3 week flu. As the season went on they used him in tougher situations and he started to play on the PK in his first season. They don't think he's far off in making the NHL. So in terms of a more rounded game, Lowry wins there.

As for Chiarot, his problems in developing were consistency, and towards the end of the season Chiarot had a very strong showing. McCambridge raved about him in this article.

In terms of Chiariot ranked higher than Petan, I could see it. I think Defenseman are ranked higher than forwards if they are showing promise, because it takes longer to develop a defenseman.

So I don't think this article is as far fetched as it's being said it is.

Old
08-10-2014, 09:48 AM
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets

I don't have really any opinion on what order they were ranked b/c it doesn't really affect anything. But I did enjoy reading our Director's comments on each player, of course he's just spewing Jets propaganda regarding each player but that's cool. I wouldn't expect anything else from him, so enjoy the Jets PR.

It was nice reading about each on them and the expected date into the NHL. Kinda cool

Hunter368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2014, 11:31 AM
JC Numminen
Global Moderator
The top dog

vCash: 132
They got the top 10 right IMO, (maybe not Chariot) but not in the right order. Lowry ahead of Ehlers doesnt make sense and Chariot ahead of really any of them is weird.

The projected NHL arrival is kind of neat though. Ehlers in 16-17 is interesting.

JC Numminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2014, 01:01 PM
scelaton

Just read the article. Look carefully at what Comeau said about Hutchinson. His strengths are exactly what we have identified as Pav's greatest weaknesses. They know what is going on...

"I think Michael's concentration level and rebound control are good," Comeau said. "He doesn't give up a lot of bad goals. He's a guy who's focused, limits his second chances and really does a good job of making the other team earn everything they get..."

scelaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2014, 01:05 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
Just read the article. Look carefully at what Comeau said about Hutchinson. His strengths are exactly what we have identified as Pav's greatest weaknesses. They know what is going on...

"I think Michael's concentration level and rebound control are good," Comeau said. "He doesn't give up a lot of bad goals. He's a guy who's focused, limits his second chances and really does a good job of making the other team earn everything they get..."
IE: not Pavs. Rather interesting, as you say scelaton, that he points out Pav's exact weaknesses in praising Hutch. Hmm.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post

Saving pucks?

Romang67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2014, 01:15 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Any time I see "does/doesn't give up good/bad goals" I shudder.

How often do we talk about forwards "does/doesn't score good/bad goals"

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Hunter368
Winnipeg Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
IE: not Pavs. Rather interesting, as you say scelaton, that he points out Pav's exact weaknesses in praising Hutch. Hmm.
Some people say here that the Jets haven't recognized that Pavs an issue or that our goaltending is an issue. I completely disagree with that thought, I 100% believe they know it's a major issue, they have just chosen a different course of action due to one reason or another than what most of us would of done (buyout). But I've heard Jets management at all level repeat over and over how Pavs needs to be better and how our goaltending needs to improve and how we have reduce our GA, drafting and signing several goaltender prospects, etc.

They know Pavs is a major concern, they've just chosen to follow a different path to aleave that issue than what we wanted them to do. Their path is just going to take a little longer than we like or prefer.

Hunter368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2014, 01:28 PM
NBjet

This is rather an interesting list, for what it's worth. There will obviously be some surprises along the way, but timing-wise, if these players graduated as predicted, that would mean:

This year - Chiarot and Hutch would join the club
Next year - Morrissey, Lowry, Petan and Lippy...
16/17 - Ehlers, Hellebuyck and Kossy...
17/18 - Comrie

That's quite the Cavalry on the way!

I personally think that Morrissey will stck this year and Kossy next, but any way you slice it, we have some interesting training camps in out future... Especially in 2015! Yee-Haa!

NBjet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2014, 01:30 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 200
@Hunter368: I agree with you, and have said similar things in the past. I'm hoping that the leash truly is short, and that Hutch takes over. Pavs becomes our backup, while we wait for Helle and Comrie to (hopefully) move to the next level.

I really can't see them watching Pavs and saying 'Yep, there's a good goalie in there, if only we didn't have league average defenders'.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote