HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your opinion of the Oilers off season so far?

Old
08-15-2014, 12:05 PM
McPuritania
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
this gets me every time. 'Lets praise our GM for getting NHL players for our NHL team.' Man the other 29 fanbases must be jealous!

Imagine a group of parents going 'Oh, did you hear about Billy's school? This year all the teachers hired have a teaching degree. What a prestigious school he goes to.'
Well, when the team hasn't added actual NHL players for years, it's something to be pleased about. Don't think anyone is planning the parade route, but it's nice that maybe Billy has a chance at actually learning now.

McPuritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 12:15 PM
McBooya42
Have a McDavid day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Looks like I rang the dinner bell.
The only thing is, not everyone wants a plate of your BS - it gets tiresome.

McBooya42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 12:26 PM
Beerfish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
As I've said before the malcontents and negative nellies have what the optiomists don't in these on going arguments, actual performance or lack there of to back up their arguments.

For us overly negative people we find the blind optimists and apologists on here just as tiresome as the optimists find us negative nellies.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 12:28 PM
McBooya42
Have a McDavid day!

Quote:
This is typical. Like I say its easy enough to avoid me or similar negative commentary on the board as I don't post in the vast majority of threads.

If you don't recognize the OP as a ranter by now and who has a critical view of org operations I really don't know what to say. The guy posts more than I do...

This is a ******ing thread. There, learn to like it, you'll be joining the darkside soon enough

Deal with it. This org entirely deserves this fan base.

Oh, and if I did an advanced search on your posts 25% of them would start with "Wow" in mock surprise...yabber yabber oh something else about hamsters and smelling of elderberries.
This coming from a guy who makes crap up to support his "argument". You've been exposed enough lately to not be taken seriously Replacement. Your posts have tended to be 10 pounds of sad in 5 pound bags, and your credibility practically non-existent.

As I stated however, this is an opinion thread - as clearly labelled. Don't get your panties in a bunch if someone's opinion disagrees with yours.

McBooya42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 01:48 PM
Replacement
Checked out

Quote:
This coming from a guy who makes crap up to support his "argument". You've been exposed enough lately to not be taken seriously Replacement. Your posts have tended to be 10 pounds of sad in 5 pound bags, and your credibility practically non-existent.

As I stated however, this is an opinion thread - as clearly labelled. Don't get your panties in a bunch if someone's opinion disagrees with yours.
My reply to you was meant humorously. That should be apparent. No prob and no panties in knot I assure you.

But as far as credibility theres half a dozen people here telling me I have no credibility while reading every one of my posts and responding to most of them. I would suggest that something doesn't fit.
You've stated, and others have too (that are now my vocal critics) that you used to enjoy my posting. But right now until this team is something different, or when theres actually hockey played this is much of what I got. I am negative about this club right now. I do acknowledge that. Future could be different and that's the hope part. I'm a lifer with this team. Most of us are.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 01:50 PM
Replacement
Checked out

Quote:
As many people thank me for my posts as critique them. So now this is on you. You don't speak for everybody here, of course none of us do.

Last edited by Replacement: 08-15-2014 at 02:19 PM.
Old
08-15-2014, 01:51 PM
Section337

One thing that would have helped make for a good off season is if the film guy made a 15 minute clip of zone breakouts from the Kings/Blackhawks season and all the guys watched it on a daily basis.

Section337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 03:31 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

vCash: 99
Quote:
As many people thank me for my posts as critique them. So now this is on you. You don't speak for everybody here, of course none of us do.
I speak for everyone on this board.

The Oilers are the best team ever and the sun rises up their rear ends. MacT has no faults, Eakins has no faults, Joey has no faults, Darryl has no faults.

All negative posts are absolutely, unequivocally false.

I think every single one of the negative posters is not an Oiler fan. They are another team's fan. They probably live in a different city as well.

This is the Oilers, not just the Oilers, the great Oilers. When they are around, the sun shines, beautiful rainbows appear, and lolipops fall from the sky like sweet drops of nectar.

Oh yeah,

And the meek shall inherit the earth!

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 05:01 PM
Bergeron47

vCash: 1323
Quote:

I actually think Replacement makes a lot of valid points. Replacement actually brings content and reasoning to his/her opinion, and is overall very well spoken. Unlike some posters that generally just post to critique the opinions and points of others

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 05:01 PM
Tad McMikowsky
Retired

Quote:

I tend to agree with you. Especially about the credibility part.

Tad McMikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Replacement
Checked out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
I actually think Replacement makes a lot of valid points. Replacement actually brings content and reasoning to his/her opinion, and is overall very well spoken. Unlike some posters that generally just post to critique the opinions and points of others
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
I tend to agree with you. Especially about the credibility part.
Haha, right on cue to the minute, or seconds...

In anycase my opinion as expressed elsewhere is the team is arguably improved, but by how much and is it a significant amount. Additionally any such improvement needs to be assessed relative to other WC clubs who are hardly standing still and are already all better than us when last seen.

If you pick horses you're not betting on this mare..

Last edited by Replacement: 08-15-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old
08-15-2014, 05:16 PM
Replacement
Checked out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post

The Oilers are the best team ever and the sun rises up their rear ends. MacT has no faults, Eakins has no faults, Joey has no faults, Darryl has no faults.

I think every single one of the negative posters is not an Oiler fan. They are another team's fan. They probably live in a different city as well.

This is the Oilers, not just the Oilers, the great Oilers. When they are around, the sun shines, beautiful rainbows appear, and lolipops fall from the sky like sweet drops of nectar.

Oh yeah,

I grant you 24hrs of speaking for everybody omniscience on this board for evoking the priests of the Temples of Syrinx. in commemoration I'll have a flashback for the rest of the day..

Old
08-15-2014, 06:08 PM
rboomercat90

vCash: 69
Quote:
I'm going to jump on the bus too. I appreciate your posts. I don't always agree with you as we were at odds over Jones ridiculous decision to gamble in that game against the Stamps a few weeks ago but you ALWAYS bring something to the table to defend your opinions unlike a lot of the people you are fighting with now. These guys rarely bring anything other than criticism. I enjoy reading your posts as they frequently provide food for thought and a devils advocate position. Keep doing what you're doing.

rboomercat90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 10:05 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

vCash: 99
Quote:
I grant you 24hrs of speaking for everybody omniscience on this board for evoking the priests of the Temples of Syrinx. in commemoration I'll have a flashback for the rest of the day..
Heh Heh, thought you'd like that Replacement.

I think I've done it to you a couple of times now.

Your an easy target.

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 11:54 PM
Replacement
Checked out

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboomercat90 View Post
I'm going to jump on the bus too. I appreciate your posts. I don't always agree with you as we were at odds over Jones ridiculous decision to gamble in that game against the Stamps a few weeks ago but you ALWAYS bring something to the table to defend your opinions unlike a lot of the people you are fighting with now. These guys rarely bring anything other than criticism. I enjoy reading your posts as they frequently provide food for thought and a devils advocate position. Keep doing what you're doing.
Thanks. I don't jump on Jones because he's been a damned good coach and improved the team a lot over last year and headcase Kavis Reed. His game day decisions leave a bit to be desired but as far as week preparation and game adjustments solid coaching staff. Esks are earning the benefit of doubt right now. Something you just can't say about the Oilers.

Old
08-15-2014, 11:57 PM
oilinblood

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
If Gagner wasn't a fit here MacT should have moved him last summer instead of giving him a 3 year 4.8M deal. It's amazing how over 1 season MacT flipped that much on Gags. I don't mind that he moved Gagner that much. What I mind is he didn't bring in anyone to replace him to create some competition at camp. I would have loved to go into the season with something like:

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Jokinen/Gagner-Yakupov
Pouliot-Arcobello-Purcell
Gazdic-Gordon-Hendricks
Lander

but instead were heading in like this:

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Arcobello-Yakupov
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Purcell
Gazdic-Gordon-Henndricks
Lander

If RNH goes down we have no depth in the organization to cover it. We'll be running with 3 rookie centers in Arcobello, Drasaitl, and Lander unless something changes.

Its nice that you guys feel this way without...you know...thinking. Thinking is a key part of management.
Hmmm
Rnh will be out until november
Hmmmm
Fans are swearing and throwing tantrums at Horcoff to the point it is public knowledge he has been verbally confronted in public...with his family...in edmonton...his own city...home ice.
And then there is Gagner...
Then nothing...

Math. Anyone in here know math?
How many Cs is that?
Hmmm?
Anyone?

Do you think nyone wanted Gagner and was going to give a centre back? Even in a package? A guy one year away from UFA that still had tonnes of question marks. Oilers head office knows the answer. NO. No one wanted him. Did MacT want to trade Gags for a depth winger in summer 13, and have a whole ONE trained Nhl C for start of the seson and his new head coach?

Brains people.

You guys are insanely comical.
Wow. An eight year old can figure out why Gags was signed.

Its a matter of simple math. Yeah Gags had value....lol...lol...omg lol. Nope. His jaw didnt affect his value. He was always worth a bottom six winger.

Last edited by oilinblood: 08-16-2014 at 12:07 AM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 12:23 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post

Oh yeah,

I speak for reality when i say. Edmonton is never the choice destination for anyone successful in hockey.
Dont count on any ufas. Pray they take an overpayment. Enjoy the overpayment because it fn worked.

Thank god for scraps to come here that dont mind not having a multi millionaires proper life.
Dont be surprised if GMS see our players as merely depth players...part and parcel of most of them being a big reason we have sucked. Because they suck.

Build from within with the slaves you own and control. They will take the insurance your contracts provide should they get injured.
They will be the only ones who leave money on the table.

Just a does of reality for anyone thinking this organization can find solutions easily.
Oh yeah and most of the players get nmcs and ntcs...and the oilers are consistently on the NO section.
Any couch GMs have questions?

Sorry for typos...typing on phone

Last edited by oilinblood: 08-16-2014 at 12:30 AM.
Old
08-16-2014, 10:58 AM
KlimasLoveChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
Its nice that you guys feel this way without...you know...thinking. Thinking is a key part of management.
Hmmm
Hmmmm
Fans are swearing and throwing tantrums at Horcoff to the point it is public knowledge he has been verbally confronted in public...with his family...in edmonton...his own city...home ice.
Then nothing...

How many Cs is that?
Hmmm?
Anyone?

Do you think nyone wanted Gagner and was going to give a centre back? Even in a package? A guy one year away from UFA that still had tonnes of question marks. Oilers head office knows the answer. NO. No one wanted him. Did MacT want to trade Gags for a depth winger in summer 13, and have a whole ONE trained Nhl C for start of the seson and his new head coach?

Brains people.

Its a matter of simple math. Yeah Gags had value....lol...lol...omg lol. Nope. His jaw didnt affect his value. He was always worth a bottom six winger.
I guess MacT forgot about simple math this summer eh I see a gaping hole at second line center yet sammy boy was shipped out. Some funny kind of math going on there.

The part about him having no value last summer is based off of what exactly? I'll go out on a limb at suggest you weren't in on any discussions. If you were you have fallen a long way to HF boards...

If you don't think a season like last year coupled with a brutal contract affected Gamgies value you are straight up on crack. Of coarse you could have gotten more for him last summer before signing that deal.

KlimasLoveChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 11:32 AM
RaabHart
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Hmmm
Hmmmm
Then nothing...

How many Cs is that?
Hmmm?
Anyone?

Brains people.

Haha, yea I'm the one thats not thinking. For one you have no idea what was on the table for Gagner. For two if he was worthless and had no value around the league why did MacT pay him 4.8M with a NTC? I was pretty vocal about trading him last summer. I'm sure we could have found another center to play last season even if we had to overpay that center for the year. The apologists on this board are to much.

RaabHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 11:40 AM
Replacement
Checked out

Quote:
I speak for reality when i say. Edmonton is never the choice destination for anyone successful in hockey.
Dont count on any ufas. Pray they take an overpayment. Enjoy the overpayment because it fn worked.

Thank god for scraps to come here that dont mind not having a multi millionaires proper life.
Dont be surprised if GMS see our players as merely depth players...part and parcel of most of them being a big reason we have sucked. Because they suck.

Build from within with the slaves you own and control. They will take the insurance your contracts provide should they get injured.
They will be the only ones who leave money on the table.

Just a does of reality for anyone thinking this organization can find solutions easily.
Oh yeah and most of the players get nmcs and ntcs...and the oilers are consistently on the NO section.
Any couch GMs have questions?

Sorry for typos...typing on phone
Nobody leaves money on the table signing a contract in Alberta. A jurisdiction with one of the easiest to swallow tax rates in NA combined with relatively cheap costs and a standard of living that makes any contract go further.

This is not the disadvantaged small market anymore its an economic powerhouse. One that will allow any player to keep more money in their pocket. If that's unattractive they require more astute financial advice.

Old
08-16-2014, 11:42 AM
Replacement
Checked out

Quote:
Hmmm
Hmmmm
Then nothing...

How many Cs is that?
Hmmm?
Anyone?

Brains people.

Not a good post, I'll take it as an off moment as your posts are typically engage more dialog than this.

Old
08-16-2014, 09:25 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlimasLoveChild View Post
I guess MacT forgot about simple math this summer eh I see a gaping hole at second line center yet sammy boy was shipped out. Some funny kind of math going on there.

The part about him having no value last summer is based off of what exactly? I'll go out on a limb at suggest you weren't in on any discussions. If you were you have fallen a long way to HF boards...

If you don't think a season like last year coupled with a brutal contract affected Gamgies value you are straight up on crack. Of coarse you could have gotten more for him last summer before signing that deal.
Ask the insiders. Ask if any teams had interest to offer a top six centre back, or any NHL centre back. Ask if ANY teams were impressed by his 30 game start to the lockout shortened year and his following return to normality to end the year. Hell ask if any teams took us at all seriously in the ten game preseason and training camp the other teams played while we thought we were playing meaningful games but they were warming up. Were they shaking in their boots or did they figure the wheels would fall off and theyd all pass us like a bullet train in Japan passes a daisy. No bead of sweat.
Ask what MacT meant when he said he needed to change our top six. Four of those top six are untouchables to him...so...who does that leave?
There are sources to ask. Go check.
Its like people saying we should have traded for Seguin. As a Bruins fan it would start with Hall. No? Ok. Deep on d, deep at c. Eberle, klefbom, 1st...or Hall straight. Cool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Haha, yea I'm the one thats not thinking. For one you have no idea what was on the table for Gagner. For two if he was worthless and had no value around the league why did MacT pay him 4.8M with a NTC? I was pretty vocal about trading him last summer. I'm sure we could have found another center to play last season even if we had to overpay that center for the year. The apologists on this board are to much.
Want to retain your asset? Its a one year and walk or trade or buy UFA years. I think Stauffer was pretty clear Gags wanted the NTC and eventually MacT giving in to it being applied to the middle year got Gags to enter into a deal beyond one season.
Ill just say this...if i want Vermette and he breaks his jaw and plays crappy...i still trad for him. He has a track record. To me it doesnt change his value. Cap doesnt matter because we were prepared to retain. Even retaining the offers on the table were depth wingers.
That is all. You just have to look at the situation. Call the stauffer show and see what he says about Gags value after the lock out year. He knows what they were up to. The Oilers had to get a Centre back.

That is all. Dont complain about Gagner being gone now. MacT used him for the year we had only Gordon/Horcoff ready to go. Rnh is not recovering this year. If he was i know we would eat the ntc year and keep Gags.

Quote:
Nobody leaves money on the table signing a contract in Alberta. A jurisdiction with one of the easiest to swallow tax rates in NA combined with relatively cheap costs and a standard of living that makes any contract go further.

This is not the disadvantaged small market anymore its an economic powerhouse. One that will allow any player to keep more money in their pocket. If that's unattractive they require more astute financial advice.
These athletes have alot of money. They want to be happy...they are already wealthy. Difference between wealth and rich; If they are smart they can live rich on interest alone.
Lots of players are willing to take less money up front, pay more taxes, pay a higher cost of living AND pay anybody else they have to to play anywhere but here. How do i know? Because of alk the offers that the oilers get turned down for and all the ones you dont hear about because the player doesnt use us for the bidding and tells us flat out he is not interested and dont wste our time.

Quote:
Not a good post, I'll take it as an off moment as your posts are typically engage more dialog than this.
Sounds directed at specific people but its more of a reaction at all these ideas of simple solutions everyone has.
My apologies. I was wrong to spew like that.
I assure you there was no 1st round pick coming back for Gagner that could be used in a package on a flip, nevermind a centre straight up. MacT needed a Centre. Everyone is complaining how we need a centre now... Last year was far worse and we had to Had to resign Gags. Its as simple as that. At that point its one year and he walks for free? Or do you try to get a bit of term even though your plan is to trade him when rnh gets back and healthy? Gags wanted a full three year ntc, then it went down to two, the deal was signed when they settled on just a ntc for the middle season.

Gags has a ntc kicking in and is tough enough to trade as it is now, and as it was in summer 2013. The oilers would have liked a two year deal, pay bit more on cap, and no ntc.

Last edited by oilinblood: 08-16-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Old
08-16-2014, 10:07 PM
oilinblood

Lets be clear...im not mr optimist, i am mr realist. I believe had 2013 been a full season of 82 games we would have finished in the bottom three again. I believe Renney should have never been fired and i also believe that Tambo was the one that needed to be fired after 2012 season.
I have never been a Gagner fan as a centre... I always believed his place was on the wing being sheltered by a better C.
I have been very open about my dislike of Gags and his incompitence. The reality he needed to be signed for longer than one year was quite evident...unless we could get back a centre to handle top six minutes ASAP.

I am not being an apologist for the team. I dont think the last year needs apologies.
I also have a comparison with Tambos...ill sit on my hands. He was the John Ziegler jr of GMs...absent.

The question that i think should be asked is why; when MacT virtually said our entire d was impotent, that our bottom six was a black hole, and our goaltending he wouldnt talk about of touch the subject with a twenty foor pole AND the top six needed more guts...
Why not just call a spade a spade and tell everyone...."i predict this will be a rough year and i dont want to lie about that. There is nothing but some high picks who are now key core players. Other than those guys this team is alot of AHLers. It will continue this year but i am going to be involved in every name available, i will work tirelessly to get deals done and find ways to get around road blocks to gaining assets we need."

Then whenGags gets decapitated by kassian we go...well...shucks...one more down.

Maybe because we would go nuts? *shrug*.
No one wanted hemsky. I know for a fact more GMs were interested in a bandaid question mark in Hemsky...the serial child for ENIGMATIC...buzz word...than Gagner. But that doesnt say much. As a UFA lots of GMs will throw money because its a free asset but ask them to give up a player and you find out what true value players have. GMs could likely guess what Gagner and his agent would seek on the free market. Someone would pay him. Were they willing? If not did they want to give assets for him as a rental? As a rental was he really worth their focus? Was he a good centre? Was he good at systems play?

I just dont see how people can live in some weird reality where any GM wanted Gagner. His injury nor his contract (which we offered to retain in some offers) affected his market value. It was zip for a long time. Woukd someone take a chance on him? Yes. At half cap and giving you a dump player.
For a guy entering UFA years he sure hasnt proven to be anything but a roster depth on a good team.

Personally i wanted Magnum to be trained in the AHL as a centre. He was the best with systems, great defensive accountability, size, speed, decent off aware, good def stick and iq. He also spent most of his development years as a dman and had an ability to be the delay cover man for his centre when his centre had to sub off on a change. But he got us perron so i guess thats all good.

My apologies again...and i dont like apologizing. You guys are just so fn negative beating that dead horse idea of Gagner being worth anything to us or any other team (outside of him being a free pickup someone can take as a flyer they can release if as bad as shown) that makes no sense in reality

Last edited by oilinblood: 08-16-2014 at 10:38 PM.
Old
08-16-2014, 10:25 PM
RaabHart
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Ask the insiders. Ask if any teams had interest to offer a top six centre back, or any NHL centre back. Ask if ANY teams were impressed by his 30 game start to the lockout shortened year and his following return to normality to end the year. Hell ask if any teams took us at all seriously in the ten game preseason and training camp the other teams played while we thought we were playing meaningful games but they were warming up. Were they shaking in their boots or did they figure the wheels would fall off and theyd all pass us like a bullet train in Japan passes a daisy. No bead of sweat.
Ask what MacT meant when he said he needed to change our top six. Four of those top six are untouchables to him...so...who does that leave?
There are sources to ask. Go check.
Its like people saying we should have traded for Seguin. As a Bruins fan it would start with Hall. No? Ok. Deep on d, deep at c. Eberle, klefbom, 1st...or Hall straight. Cool?

Want to retain your asset? Its a one year and walk or trade or buy UFA years. I think Stauffer was pretty clear Gags wanted the NTC and eventually MacT giving in to it being applied to the middle year got Gags to enter into a deal beyond one season.
Ill just say this...if i want Vermette and he breaks his jaw and plays crappy...i still trad for him. He has a track record. To me it doesnt change his value. Cap doesnt matter because we were prepared to retain. Even retaining the offers on the table were depth wingers.
That is all. You just have to look at the situation. Call the stauffer show and see what he says about Gags value after the lock out year. He knows what they were up to. The Oilers had to get a Centre back.

That is all. Dont complain about Gagner being gone now. MacT used him for the year we had only Gordon/Horcoff ready to go. Rnh is not recovering this year. If he was i know we would eat the ntc year and keep Gags.

These athletes have alot of money. They want to be happy...they are already wealthy. Difference between wealth and rich; If they are smart they can live rich on interest alone.
Lots of players are willing to take less money up front, pay more taxes, pay a higher cost of living AND pay anybody else they have to to play anywhere but here. How do i know? Because of alk the offers that the oilers get turned down for and all the ones you dont hear about because the player doesnt use us for the bidding and tells us flat out he is not interested and dont wste our time.

Sounds directed at specific people but its more of a reaction at all these ideas of simple solutions everyone has.
My apologies. I was wrong to spew like that.
I assure you there was no 1st round pick coming back for Gagner that could be used in a package on a flip, nevermind a centre straight up. MacT needed a Centre. Everyone is complaining how we need a centre now... Last year was far worse and we had to Had to resign Gags. Its as simple as that. At that point its one year and he walks for free? Or do you try to get a bit of term even though your plan is to trade him when rnh gets back and healthy? Gags wanted a full three year ntc, then it went down to two, the deal was signed when they settled on just a ntc for the middle season.

Gags has a ntc kicking in and is tough enough to trade as it is now, and as it was in summer 2013. The oilers would have liked a two year deal, pay bit more on cap, and no ntc.
No, I didn't want to retain the asset. We should have traded him for a dman last summer. Didn't have to be a great dman even a guy like Del Zotto or Franson. Basically anyone better then Belov, Grebeshkov, Potter, etc... Instead they overpay the guy to the point that he has a negative value and trade him this summer. We would have been better off overpaying one of Grabovski, Cullen, Antropov, Bozak to come play here and dumping Gagner for a bottom pairing nhl dman.

Last edited by RaabHart: 08-16-2014 at 10:36 PM.
RaabHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 10:53 PM
4thlineforlife

Not a fan he didnt get a 2c and seems to be relying on LD. However I am in the crowd that thinks the better of Lander/Arcobello will be able to handle the job.

I really wanted Fayne and Pouliot in FA. Fayne, man this might be one of the best deals weve signed in a long time. He is in the prime age, signed to a discount contract, and signed one with a team that routinely has to overpay FAs due to the team situation and city. Pouliot was an overpayment, but I look at it is if you take off a million from his deal and add it to Faynes, wed be more than happy

Nikitin was an overpayment, but one I can live with. We need NHL bodies, not cap space.

We didnt get a top pairing D, but I knew we werent getting one as they are rarely dealt away. Nurse/Marincin/Klefbom will need to fill that role in the future

Draft: Pretty meh. It was a pretty bad year in terms of depth, so no suprise some teams took more overagers. LD and Laggesson are good though

The biggest thing I am happy for is that he has taken a step forward in using analytics that included the Dellow hirer.

Eakins also seems way more open about coaching ideas, which is great to see. Ramsey was a GREAT hire, he should help the team alot

In terms of the players training. Yakupov seems completely motivated to have a big year. He had the right mindset and was saying all the right things. He came to NA early to train, which signals his work ethic is pretty good. LD and Yakimov both stayed in NA to train, so cant say enough about their character

Nuge has been able to have his first full offseason, and I am guessing he has a Johansen type break out year offensively.

4thlineforlife is offline   Reply With Quote