HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News from around the NHL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-26-2005, 10:33 PM
  #76
Clash*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers2006
In other news...The Jeremy Roenick Disco Special

Watch the last half of the clip...
That's why, to me personally, Roenick is one of the best spokesmen for the game of hockey in the United States. He wants to entertain the fans, even if he ends up lookin like an idiot in the process.

Clash* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2005, 11:32 PM
  #77
HughJass*
 
HughJass*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: High Point, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,677
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Also, Don MacLean was a decent NBA'er in the mid '90s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
That's why, to me personally, Roenick is one of the best spokesmen for the game of hockey in the United States. He wants to entertain the fans, even if he ends up lookin like an idiot in the process.
And that's why I disagree. We need a saviour. Roenick gets alot of love from alot of people, but not me. I respect him as a hockey player, but as soon as he opens his mouth I have to tune him out. Same with Brett Hull but seemingly he has damaged his reputation with the fans beyond repair while Roenick boltered his -- both because of the lock out.

Just my preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus
I'm really hoping the NHL finds a formula for cracking down on that. I don't care if they're "legal" hits. You can't have a league that will attract fans with so many of your best players, the ones fans come to see, going down with concussions.
Well, most of those hits were always under "interference" to me. Seems like the league is finally calling alot of these hits as interference because the player being clobbered doesn't have the puck. Seems like common sense finally was located and brought back to officiating.


Last edited by HughJass*: 09-26-2005 at 11:45 PM.
HughJass* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2005, 08:57 AM
  #78
Happy Girl
Registered User
 
Happy Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: a playoff free world
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...56&hubName=nhl

Looks like Washington acquired Jeff Friesen from New Jersey for a conditional pick in 2006.
Wow - poor Freisen - he played very well with NJ. Wonder if he'll be able to have the same success with the Caps.

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2005, 09:06 AM
  #79
Clash*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Girl
Wow - poor Freisen - he played very well with NJ. Wonder if he'll be able to have the same success with the Caps.
With the team they're icing this year, do you think anyone is goin to have success? Front runners for Philip Kessel, the American wonder boy.

Clash* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2005, 09:13 AM
  #80
Happy Girl
Registered User
 
Happy Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: a playoff free world
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
With the team they're icing this year, do you think anyone is goin to have success? Front runners for Philip Kessel, the American wonder boy.
I just realized poor Jeffie is on the same team with Biron - 2 days of no sleep from moving - not making Happy Girl very quick on the uptake but I am a natural blonde so I guess sleep deprivation is not a valid excuse.

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2005, 05:34 PM
  #81
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,782
vCash: 500
Man, it sucks to be the Blue Jackets. Don't expect a Stanley Cup run from them this year...or even a playoff visit

Jackets Fighting Flu

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2005, 06:00 PM
  #82
Happy Girl
Registered User
 
Happy Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: a playoff free world
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus
Man, it sucks to be the Blue Jackets. Don't expect a Stanley Cup run from them this year...or even a playoff visit

Jackets Fighting Flu
I hate the flu. Yeeecck. I am 100 miles due south of Columbus - I hope whatever it is stays well north of Casa de Happy.

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2005, 11:17 AM
  #83
Crossbar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 48" above the ice
Posts: 5,214
vCash: 500
Hockey's Future preseason Calder poll

Olesz did not make the list, but we're not going to whine and constantly badmouth the Hockey's Future Staff like a certain other group of fans do, everytime praise isn't thrown left and right torwards their prospects.

Crossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2005, 03:20 PM
  #84
Clint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar
Hockey's Future preseason Calder poll

Olesz did not make the list, but we're not going to whine and constantly badmouth the Hockey's Future Staff like a certain other group of fans do, everytime praise isn't thrown left and right torwards their prospects.
I think my list was better...

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2005, 01:05 PM
  #85
Happy Girl
Registered User
 
Happy Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: a playoff free world
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
Kovalchuk

TSN is reporting that Atlanta is close to signing Kovalchuk to a 5-year deal. Bummer.

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2005, 04:04 PM
  #86
Happy Girl
Registered User
 
Happy Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: a playoff free world
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
Calgary vs Detroit

Just turned on the Calgary vs Detroit game this afternoon. Darren McCarty in a Flames uni - definitely a strange sight.

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2005, 04:42 PM
  #87
IceKatsRHot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Winter Park
Country: United States
Posts: 1,779
vCash: 500
Samuelsson already with 3 goals with the Red Wings

Just goes to show you that it is all coaching, this guy couldn't even hold a stick while he was here and now he has that many goals in how many games?

This team needs time to gel with Martin, we'll be fine

IceKatsRHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2005, 04:46 PM
  #88
Happy Girl
Registered User
 
Happy Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: a playoff free world
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKatsRHot
Samuelsson already with 3 goals with the Red Wings

Just goes to show you that it is all coaching, this guy couldn't even hold a stick while he was here and now he has that many goals in how many games?

This team needs time to gel with Martin, we'll be fine
22 - 4 Redwings out shoot Calgary in the first period. Granted they had 7 PPs but still - 22 SOGs in one period. This is why they are up 3 - 0. (This is HG harping again)

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2005, 04:58 PM
  #89
FlaPanthers7
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Country: France
Posts: 4,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKatsRHot
Samuelsson already with 3 goals with the Red Wings

Just goes to show you that it is all coaching, this guy couldn't even hold a stick while he was here and now he has that many goals in how many games?

This team needs time to gel with Martin, we'll be fine
Just add him (although it's still early in the season) to the list of Panthers who've thrived after they've left here...

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2005, 05:59 PM
  #90
IceKatsRHot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Winter Park
Country: United States
Posts: 1,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7
Just add him (although it's still early in the season) to the list of Panthers who've thrived after they've left here...
Yes but we have a new coach now, a much better one than we have had in the past

Meaning those players that have left here and didn't do anything while with the Panthers all played with different coaches and with different GM's

It is still a young season and we need to let this team find an identity and please please please some consistency

IceKatsRHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2005, 08:15 PM
  #91
Happy Girl
Registered User
 
Happy Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: a playoff free world
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
NHL Center Ice = $129
Toshiba 32" Flat Screen TV = $350
Seeing Jody Shelley score a goal off SC winning goalie Khabibulin = priceless

I need more robitussin

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2005, 06:09 PM
  #92
Happy Girl
Registered User
 
Happy Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: a playoff free world
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
TSN is reporting that Calgary signed marchment to a one-year deal, about $450,000 - $500,000. I thought they were a better organization than that. What a waste of a roster place. I guess I should be happy that at least he's with a Western Conference team and he'll get destroyed in Dallas and then the Stars might beat him up too!

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2005, 06:49 PM
  #93
m2k2p
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Girl
TSN is reporting that Calgary signed marchment to a one-year deal, about $450,000 - $500,000. I thought they were a better organization than that. What a waste of a roster place. I guess I should be happy that at least he's with a Western Conference team and he'll get destroyed in Dallas and then the Stars might beat him up too!
Calgary has given up 20 goals after 4 games, the most in the NHL. I don't know why they signed Marchment, that guy is a ******

m2k2p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2005, 07:14 PM
  #94
Happy Girl
Registered User
 
Happy Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: a playoff free world
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2k2p
Calgary has given up 20 goals after 4 games, the most in the NHL. I don't know why they signed Marchment, that guy is a ******
Even setting my own personal feelings aside, I cannot for the life of me understand with the way the league is cracking down on the obstruction how mushboy will help Calgary's blueline. Why not go after Boynton? Or Witt? mushboy is just a waste of roster space.

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2005, 07:33 PM
  #95
Happy Girl
Registered User
 
Happy Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: a playoff free world
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
at least we don't play Calgary this year so no Panthers have to worry about him taking out their knees.

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2005, 08:51 PM
  #96
m2k2p
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Girl
Even setting my own personal feelings aside, I cannot for the life of me understand with the way the league is cracking down on the obstruction how mushboy will help Calgary's blueline. Why not go after Boynton? Or Witt? mushboy is just a waste of roster space.
yeah it does'nt make sense to me either. He is just slow cheapshot artist out there.

m2k2p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2005, 09:37 PM
  #97
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!
 
CatscratchFever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: O-hi-O
Country: United States
Posts: 2,777
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2k2p
Calgary has given up 20 goals after 4 games, the most in the NHL. I don't know why they signed Marchment, that guy is a ******
Really? The folks around the boards here had me convinced the Flames had an above-average defense and tender, so what gives?

CatscratchFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2005, 09:57 PM
  #98
Happy Girl
Registered User
 
Happy Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: a playoff free world
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever
Really? The folks around the boards here had me convinced the Flames had an above-average defense and tender, so what gives?
Regehr is on IR.

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2005, 09:58 PM
  #99
m2k2p
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Girl
Regehr is on IR.
that's one reason, but they have been playing pretty awful overall and taking lots of dumb penalties.

m2k2p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2005, 10:01 PM
  #100
Happy Girl
Registered User
 
Happy Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: a playoff free world
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2k2p
they have been playing pretty awful overall and taking lots of dumb penalties.
well then mush should fit right in

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.