HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cal - edm - phi

Old
08-15-2014, 10:49 AM
kresco

vCash: 500
Cal - edm - phi

So I've never proposed a 3 way deal before and its a lot more tricky than I had thought. Please let me know what you think and who would have to add and how much.

To Calgary:
Jordan Eberle
Samuel Morin

To Philly:
Mark Giordano (50% retained = $2,010,000)
David Musil
Flames 2015 3rd

To Edmonton:
B Schenn
Curtis Glencross

Why they do this:

Flames:
The flames glaring need is on the RW. With Eberle they get a younger guy who oozes skill. Samuel Morin is a great defensive prospect that will eventually help with the huge loss that comes with trading GIO

Philly:
The Flyers biggest need is a #1 defenceman. GIO finished 10th in Norris voting last year and is just getting better. At $2m for 2 years it is a steal. They also get Musil as a strong prospect to help their weak defence core.

Edmonton:
Edmonton needs to give their young guns some time to develop. Draisaitl will be better off playing for the raiders (WHL) or playing in Europe. B Schenn will not only provide the opportunity for him to do that he keeps Edmonton competitive and dangerous but has played on the wing and can make that transition when draisaitl comes home. The oilers desperately need some vet leadership and heart. Curtis Glencross is a pure heart and soul guy and an impactful leader. Guy plays with his heart on his sleeve and for the crest on his chest not the name on the back. He is a LW who can also play on the RW and is someone who can score, hit, and play the PK or PP.

kresco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 10:50 AM
ForeverFlameFan
HF/CP Middleman

Edmonton gets fleeced; and this is coming from a Flames fan.

It was a good attempt at a 3 way trade, the value is almost there, but Calgary definitely wins this trade and Edmonton gets the shorter end of the stick.

Philly may lose their best defensive prospect, but they win too with a 50% retained Giordano (so those pretty much offset).

ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 10:51 AM
thesensguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kresco View Post
So I've never proposed a 3 way deal before and its a lot more tricky than I had thought. Please let me know what you think and who would have to add and how much.

To Calgary:
Jordan Eberle
Samuel Morin

To Philly:
David Musil
Flames 2015 3rd

To Edmonton:
B Schenn
Curtis Glencross

Why they do this:

Flames:
The flames glaring need is on the RW. With Eberle they get a younger guy who oozes skill. Samuel Morin is a great defensive prospect that will eventually help with the huge loss that comes with trading GIO

Philly:
The Flyers biggest need is a #1 defenceman. GIO finished 10th in Norris voting last year and is just getting better. At $2m for 2 years it is a steal. They also get Musil as a strong prospect to help their weak defence core.

Edmonton:
Edmonton needs to give their young guns some time to develop. Draisaitl will be better off playing for the raiders (WHL) or playing in Europe. B Schenn will not only provide the opportunity for him to do that he keeps Edmonton competitive and dangerous but has played on the wing and can make that transition when draisaitl comes home. The oilers desperately need some vet leadership and heart. Curtis Glencross is a pure heart and soul guy and an impactful leader. Guy plays with his heart on his sleeve and for the crest on his chest not the name on the back. He is a LW who can also play on the RW and is someone who can score, hit play the PK or PP.

Flyers have possibly the strongest defence man prospect pool in the league, so Musil is completely redundant.

thesensguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 10:53 AM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 1206
Wow, not only do we get bent over and fleeced, but we give Eberle to the Flames to boot.

No.

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ovechking

vCash: 1355
Some changes:

Edmonton gives up Yakupov, not Eberle.
Giordano doesn't have any contract retention.
Musil doesn't go to Philly.
Edmonton gets the Flames 3rd, not Philly.

Then I think it's fair.

Ovechking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Neatman

Quote:

To Calgary:
Jordan Eberle
Samuel Morin

To Philly:
David Musil
Flames 2015 3rd

To Edmonton:
B Schenn
Curtis Glencross

Why they do this:

Flames:

Philly:

Edmonton:
Edmonton needs to give their young guns some time to develop. Draisaitl will be better off playing for the raiders (WHL) or playing in Europe. B Schenn will not only provide the opportunity for him to do that he keeps Edmonton competitive and dangerous but has played on the wing and can make that transition when draisaitl comes home. The oilers desperately need some vet leadership and heart. Curtis Glencross is a pure heart and soul guy and an impactful leader. Guy plays with his heart on his sleeve and for the crest on his chest not the name on the back. He is a LW who can also play on the RW and is someone who can score, hit, and play the PK or PP.
This is a horrendous proposal for Edmonton. Why did you even include them?

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 10:56 AM
Neatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechking View Post
Some changes:

Edmonton gives up Yakupov, not Eberle.
Giordano doesn't have any contract retention.
Musil doesn't go to Philly.
Edmonton gets the Flames 3rd, not Philly.

Then I think it's fair.
How about no?

Reeks of selling low on massive potential to temporarily plug a few holes. That's a perfect example of how franchises flounder and fail. But hey, maybe Glencross and Schenn would help Edmonton finish a few spots higher (and still out of playoffs)

Old
08-15-2014, 10:57 AM
Ovechking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
How about no?

Reeks of selling low on massive potential to temporarily plug a few holes. That's a perfect example of how franchises flounder and fail. But hey, maybe Glencross and Schenn would help Edmonton finish a few spots higher (and still out of playoffs)
Yeah, you're right.

I was just trying to tweak the original proposal to bring it closer to fair. But you're right, Schenn and Glencross isn't enough of a return for sending Yakupov to our arch rival.

Old
08-15-2014, 11:00 AM
dangle6

Only Calgary would do this deal!

dangle6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 11:01 AM
PantherStriker

vCash: 50
Flyers arent trading Morin. At all. Not for Gio thats for sure

PantherStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 11:02 AM
Ovechking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherStriker View Post
lol wat? That's like saying the Oilers wouldn't trade Nurse for Weber.

Old
08-15-2014, 11:08 AM
Neatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherStriker View Post
Quote:
Agreed.

Im not too familiar with Morin, but Giordano was essentially the only think holding the Flames together for much of last year. I wish the Oilers had a player like him. If Philly wants a #1D (which they would die for), Giordano seems like a perfect target for them.

Old
08-15-2014, 11:08 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Except that Weber is way better, 3 years younger, and locked into a contract.

Would you trade Nurse AND LD for Gio like the OP wants Morin and Schenn?

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 11:21 AM
ForeverFlameFan
HF/CP Middleman

Hmm... Does everyone agree that the person that is the OP always has the trade proposal in their team's favor?

Old
08-15-2014, 11:26 AM
ChaoticOrange

Edmonton gives up Eberle and Musil for Schenn and a pending UFA and Eberle ends up a Flame? Yuck.

Gee. Wonder who OP is a fan of.

Take Edmonton completely out of the equation thanks.

ChaoticOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 11:32 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:

To Calgary:
Jordan Eberle
Samuel Morin

To Philly:
David Musil
Flames 2015 3rd

To Edmonton:
B Schenn
Curtis Glencross

Why they do this:

Flames:

Philly:

Edmonton:
Nice effort, but Edmonton gets boned and even though I like Gio, I like Schenn and Moran better. Hextall is building a team and these two young players are a big part of the future of this team. You had me thinking, but I am a huge fan of these two young men and I just am not ready to give them up. I really am looking forward to them in Orange and Black. So thanks but no thanks from the Flyers.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 11:37 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
Agreed.

Im not too familiar with Morin, but Giordano was essentially the only think holding the Flames together for much of last year. I wish the Oilers had a player like him. If Philly wants a #1D (which they would die for), Giordano seems like a perfect target for them.
Well you see, that makes a difference. Read up on the 6 foot 7, 224 lb, 19 year old Dman who was drafted #11 overall last year in a very deep draft.

Old
08-15-2014, 11:48 AM
Roof Daddy

As soon as I saw the name Morin I knew Flyers fans would be livid. I don't think it was that bad of an attempt by the OP, in terms of value the Oil could do better, but I do like both those players and think they fill a need. But like every proposal involving Ebs, I feel the need to remind people from other fan bases that he won't be traded. He's Hall's BFF, and the second we move him we'd likely be fielding calls on Hall. Yak or Perron are similar calibre players who would be much more available.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Ovechking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Except that Weber is way better, 3 years younger, and locked into a contract.

Would you trade Nurse AND LD for Gio like the OP wants Morin and Schenn?
For Weber, yes. Not for Giordano.

Edit: And I think Nurse > Morin, LD > Schenn FWIW.

Old
08-15-2014, 12:23 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Oilers get hosed and get to send Eberle to a division rival too. How about no.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 12:56 PM
Tripod

Quote:
For Weber, yes. Not for Giordano.

Edit: And I think Nurse > Morin, LD > Schenn FWIW.
See that's the point. I would too for Weber, but not for Gio.

And right now, Nurse is valued at more with a higher draft position and neither making WJC last year. This year will be good years for both of them IMO.

As for LD, it's just too early to say if he will end up better. I have no issue with anyone prefering one or the other.

But the point remains, I would not trade a 21 year old #2C and a top 11 pick for 2 years of a 31 year old dman UNLESS I was a top contender...in which Philly is not. Giordano would be better for a team looking to make the next jump to try contenders.

Old
08-15-2014, 12:57 PM
ForeverFlameFan
HF/CP Middleman

Lol, LD and Nurse will not get you Weber. Nashville won't even stay on the line for one second if Morin/Schenn is the offer for the #1 defenseman in the NHL.

Old
08-15-2014, 01:52 PM
JGalt

The Flyers need a 1LW coming back for Schenn. Musil + 3rd are of no value.

JGalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 04:37 PM
Stizzle

Hextall has said over and over that the Flyers are not trading young players, major prospects, or high picks for older players anymore. So the Flyers would not do this.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 05:06 PM
FlyerFire

I would definitely PASS from Philly.Lose 2 young assets, one having the potential to be a #1 for what we may need as a quick fix. No thanks

FlyerFire is offline   Reply With Quote