HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Reclamation Projects

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2003, 03:15 PM
Stephen

vCash: 500
Reclamation Projects

The Shvidki thread got me thinking. If you had the choice to pick two reclamation projects to add to the Leafs, who would they be? Just pretend you can get them without having to give up too much. They can be a solid guy who has fallen on hard times, a la Oleg Tverdovsky or a former blue chip prospect who never worked out the way he was supposed to a la Ric Jackman

My two choices would be: Jamie Storr and Tim Connolly. Two cheap players who are young enough to turn into good players. Not aiming too high, but I think Storr would make a better backup than Trevor Kidd and I like his potential better than Tellqvist's. I'm not too sure about Connolly's market value, but assuming you could get him for a decent cost, since he has been such a disaster in Buffalo and since they've brought in Drury to be that skilled centre, I think that if the Leafs decided to rebuild next year he would make a really nice focal point up front. He's young, he's fast and he's skilled. Everything the Leafs should aim for when rebuilding. This year he would get the benefit of playing with vets like Nieuwendyk, Mogilny, Sundin, Roberts, who will serve as good mentors, something I'm not sure he's had much of in the NHL.

Old
10-05-2003, 03:22 PM
Brock

vCash: 500
Scott Barney of the Los Angeles Kings
Michael Henrich of the Edmonton Oilers

Two guys whom have had extrenuating circumstances ruin their NHL careers thus far.

Closed Thread