HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Rankings #1

View Poll Results: Prospect Rankings #1
Filip Forsberg 38 58.46%
Kevin Fiala 15 23.08%
Calle Jarnkrok 12 18.46%
Jack Dougherty 0 0%
Taylor Beck 0 0%
Austin Watson 0 0%
Magnus Hellberg 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-16-2014, 01:57 AM
GFS

vCash: 500
Prospect Rankings #1

Who is the number one prospect in the Nashville Predators organization?

GFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 03:53 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Forsberg, Fiala close behind

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 05:53 AM
triggrman

vCash: 557
Close between Fiala, Forsberg and Jarnkrok.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 07:04 AM
PredsV82
Polishing Turds

vCash: 50
define what #1 means? If Number 1 is "highest ceiling/greatest potential" then its probably Fiala at this point, not because he is definitely better than Forsberg or Jarnkrok, but because, paradoxically, he hasn't yet had a chance to fail to live up to any expectations, no matter how unrealistic.

if its "which player has significant potential AND is also closest to making the NHL permanently", then its Jarnkrok, as I think he probably is a lock this fall.

If its a little of both, then its Forsberg, who may start the season in Milwaukee but probably still has a higher ceiling that Jarnkrok.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 07:25 AM
GFS

By number one, I am looking for who is the best prospect. There is no universal criteria for ranking players, so just vote for who you feel is the best player available.

Old
08-16-2014, 07:59 AM
glenngineer
HF Partner

Where is Leipsic?

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 08:42 AM
dougie1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Where is Leipsic?
I think Leipsic is going to be a disappointment to Preds fans. He puts up points yeah but he played on a stacked Winterhawks team.

Voted Fiala. Add Saros and Kamenev to the next one.

dougie1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 08:43 AM
RCola88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie1107 View Post
I think Leipsic is going to be a disappointment to Preds fans. He puts up points yeah but he played on a stacked Winterhawks team.

Voted Fiala. Add Saros and Kamenev to the next one.
I think Leipsic will do well in the NHL. It'll take a couple more years, but he will do well.

RCola88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 08:44 AM
RCola88

I went Fiala, I think he has more upside than Forsberg, but Forsberg is a safer bet.

RCola88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 09:33 AM
PredsV82
Polishing Turds

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFS View Post
By number one, I am looking for who is the best prospect. There is no universal criteria for ranking players, so just vote for who you feel is the best player available.
That's not really helpful, because prospects are at different stages of development. Forsberg and Jarnkrok are clearly "better" than Fiala right now because they are older and have more experience. By your criteria even Watson is a "better" prospect than Fiala because Watson could play in the NHL right now and Fiala couldn't.

Old
08-16-2014, 09:59 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Saros is the only name missing from the top4 or so. I have him at 4.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 10:25 AM
AintLifeGrand
Crunchy Jamz Brah

1. Fiala- Elite ceiling IMO
2. Forsberg- Pretty good Ceiling IMO
3. Jarnkork- Not really a prospect
4.Kamanev
5. Dougherty

Kick, Watson/Beck to da curve

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 10:25 AM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
That's not really helpful, because prospects are at different stages of development. Forsberg and Jarnkrok are clearly "better" than Fiala right now because they are older and have more experience. By your criteria even Watson is a "better" prospect than Fiala because Watson could play in the NHL right now and Fiala couldn't.
Exactly

Until Forsberg and Fiala are ready to crack the lineup I have to go with hook. He has been thru the development and without question will make the team this season. I see Forsberg as the first injury call-up hopefully hes ready. Fiala will need at least one year in the AHL. One can't depend on ranking prospects due to opinions of the talking heads and personal opinion. These guys must develop and be successful in the AHL before making the jump to the league. In the Ryan Ellis thread there has been a debate about Jones and when it comes to the nut cuttin he had a great year for a player under 20. He struggled at times for sure, but if there is debate about Jones or Ellis having a better year well that does no favors to the youngster. Jones is leaps better in the transition to position that Forsberg or Fiala. yes yes its a defense compaired to offense but really not. Its a comparison of ability a player to meet the minimum for the position they play. Who most clearly meets the standard. So if the players are Jarnkrok, Forsberg, Fiala its not hard to put Jarnkrok at the top. Its not on what they can potentially do its how close they are to being able to perform in the NHL.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 10:46 AM
glenngineer
HF Partner

Byrd, while I agree with you on Forsberg, if he has a good enough camp, he will be on the NHL roster to start the season. I read an article on NHL.com earlier this week quoting Poile as saying with all the signings and youth that there will be competition and the best players will be on the roster to start the season. If it means trading or waiving some of the vets, so be it. I think he's going to let Lavi do his thing and he'll sort out the rest of it when Lavi is done.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 10:54 AM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator

Jarnkrok absolutely is still a prospect, but I don't think he wins this even though he has some NHL experience, looked good while up here and is older. The age difference is actually a negative against him in this poll.

It is between Fiala and Forsberg. Shiny New Toy Syndrome makes me want to go with Fiala, but I am voting Forsberg.

08-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Went with Fiala because I like his playing style. Very close with Forsberg. Jarnkrok/Leipsic/etc are a distant 3rd.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 03:21 PM
maplepred

Fiala and forsberg easily with the highest ceilings. But I think aberg, leipsic, kamenev and diaby should be on the list as well though.

Sissons and vesey also good prospects for solid third liners

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Armourboy

Jarnkrok

Right now he is the only one that is likely to be on the Roster at the end of camp. Forsberg might be if he sets the world on fire, and Fiala won't be.

Just for me your #1 is the guy closest to playing in the NHL and holding a roster spot. If all 3 were in that position then you could use " potential" more as a separation.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 04:16 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
Jarnkrok

Right now he is the only one that is likely to be on the Roster at the end of camp. Forsberg might be if he sets the world on fire, and Fiala won't be.

Just for me your #1 is the guy closest to playing in the NHL and holding a roster spot. If all 3 were in that position then you could use " potential" more as a separation.
So sissons and beck would be rated higher than forsberg and fiala because they are closer?

Old
08-16-2014, 06:52 PM
GFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
It's kind of hard to set a criteria for voting. The prospect polls on other team forums don't really have a criteria either. I would consider potential, ceiling, how far they are in their development, etc when voting. Posters probably weigh these things differently. I should take back my criteria for "best player available" since some players are further along in their development, but that doesn't necessarily mean they should be ranked higher.

Old
08-17-2014, 05:59 AM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
So sissons and beck would be rated higher than forsberg and fiala because they are closer?
Actually, I would consider Forsberg to be as close if not closer than the other 3 to sticking in the NHL so he would be above the others. Sissons and Beck would be higher than Fiala simply because they should be about ready to make it as well. Honestly, we don't really have a great idea just what we do or don't have in Fiala yet. Kid could put up 40, or could completely stink once he comes to NA.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2014, 07:41 AM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
Actually, I would consider Forsberg to be as close if not closer than the other 3 to sticking in the NHL so he would be above the others. Sissons and Beck would be higher than Fiala simply because they should be about ready to make it as well. Honestly, we don't really have a great idea just what we do or don't have in Fiala yet. Kid could put up 40, or could completely stink once he comes to NA.
I think most people would say fiala is ahead of beck or sissons as dad as NHL potential and excitement factor.

Old
08-17-2014, 08:53 AM
Byrddog

Well if your going to only consider potential then you must put Wilson in the mix as well. Yeah yeah hes been in the league for a while but has yet to break out so essentially he is still a PROSPECT.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2014, 11:53 AM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Well if your going to only consider potential then you must put Wilson in the mix as well. Yeah yeah hes been in the league for a while but has yet to break out so essentially he is still a PROSPECT.
How is Wilson even remotely considered a prospect?

Fiala, sissons, beck, forsberg etc have all played not even a half season or less.

Old
08-17-2014, 12:45 PM
PredsV82
Polishing Turds

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
How is Wilson even remotely considered a prospect?

Fiala, sissons, beck, forsberg etc have all played not even a half season or less.
thats just Byrd pointing out that Wilson still hanst lived up to his potential that was expected when we traded up to get him. I think his point is that simply saying "the most potential" isn't a very useful description of who is the "top prospect"

I mean, by that criteria, Legwand is still a prospect, and always will be… *runs*