HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Antero Niittymäki!

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2003, 08:38 PM
Bennevol10

vCash: 500
Antero Niittymäki!

I did not hear a single thing or an article about Antero Niittymäki last summer. What's his chances making the Flyers in next few years... Did he improve since he came to North America? Does he have the skills and talents to be #1 goalie in NHL? Is he going to be another goalie prospect who will be traded at the trade deadline?

Old
10-04-2003, 08:26 AM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
I haven't heard alot but what I have heard is positive. I've heard that he looks more relaxed and comfortable in net. also that it seems as though he has improved his overall game since last year. we will know more when were half way or so through the season.

Old
10-04-2003, 08:50 AM
Chainsaw

He had a shut out in preseason other than that i dont know much

Old
10-04-2003, 10:13 AM
Brad*

Didn't have an earth shattering year last season, but gradually improved as the year went on. I think a lot of his struggles were largely due to the fact that he wasn't used to the North American game, and I think in some instances he was nervous.

It would seem like early on in the game his movements weren't as quick and his positioning wasn't as good, but as the game went on he got into it more and played much better. Also, the more starts he got in a row, the better he played.

He should get more starts this year than last year, and out start Neil Little for the second year in a row. With all the talk about Roman Malek Antero has kinda flew under the radar, but I still think he has pretty good potential and could have a future as a number one.

Only time will tell.

Old
10-04-2003, 03:06 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
Let's not forget that he has won championships over in Finland, while he was never the best player on the team (he was acutally outplayed for the starting job the year after TPS won and never given the chance to start again). He's not a great puckhandler. Martin Brodeur he is not, but he does have a solid style, he is just a little jittery, he has a tendency to give up soft goals early in a game, but he gets better as the game goes on and gets settled.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Closed Thread