HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Titans\Vols\Dores\Whatever other sport thread(IT ALL GOES HERE)

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2011, 06:13 PM
jlsg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Stupid, stupid short sighted move.
By who, Fisher or the Titans?

Old
01-27-2011, 06:15 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
By who, Fisher or the Titans?
The problem was Vince Young, always Vince Young. Now if Bud Adams pissed off Fisher enough to get him to walk well, good for Fisher. There will be lots of jobs out there.

Old
01-27-2011, 06:23 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
The problem was Vince Young, always Vince Young. Now if Bud Adams pissed off Fisher enough to get him to walk well, good for Fisher. There will be lots of jobs out there.
Odds are this happened. I wish him well. He'll be hired by another team...er...yesterday.

Old
01-27-2011, 06:37 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

So here are the replacement options:

Brian Schottenheimer
Russ Grimm
Perry Fewell
Marty Mornhinweg
Gregg Williams
Dom Capers

Hello 2-14.

Old
01-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I'm shocked. I guess we'll have to wait to see who they get to take his place.

I didn't expect this, and while I'm not a fan of seeing him walk, maybe it's time for a change. Or at least I hope so.

Oh, and yeah... I'm a Titans fan!
Bud Adams is a complete ****** ... If you were going to let him walk, you force him out the door the day after the season ends "Black Monday" ... I'm glad Young is done, but the way Bud handled this is pretty craptacular

Old
01-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
So here are the replacement options:

Brian Schottenheimer
Russ Grimm
Perry Fewell
Marty Mornhinweg
Gregg Williams
Dom Capers

Hello 2-14.
Mike Munchak is being reported as a strong candidate by Jim Wyatt...

Old
01-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Legionnaire11
HFBoards Sponsor

Hate to see Fisher go. I thought moving Vince and keeping Jeff around was the right way to go. But I'm not about to jump ship just because Adams is a tool and Fisher is gone, the Titans may bring in a scab coach and stink it up for a few years, they may bring in someone who gets them back to respectability, but they are still the Titans and still Nashville's team, so i'm behind them no matter what.

Best of luck to Fisher, he is a class guy from everything i've seen over the last 13 years and will be successful in whatever he pursues from here be it head coaching, defensive coordinator or broadcasting.

If it didn't happen now, it would have happened this time next year anyway. Time for a fresh coach, a fresh QB and a fresh chance for the Titans to form a new identity!!!

Old
01-27-2011, 09:21 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Mike Munchak is being reported as a strong candidate by Jim Wyatt...
For personal reasons, I like this choice.

Old
01-27-2011, 09:22 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Bud Adams is a complete ****** ... If you were going to let him walk, you force him out the door the day after the season ends "Black Monday" ... I'm glad Young is done, but the way Bud handled this is pretty craptacular
Jeff wanted out too.

Old
01-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Legionnaire11
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
For personal reasons, I like this choice.
I'd be pretty happy with it too. Williams would be a good choice also.

...or dare I suggest, Brian Billick???

Old
01-27-2011, 10:43 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

i read the final straw was adams balking over fisher hiring his son as quality control when bud said no.

Old
01-27-2011, 10:43 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Lane Kiffen....been in one place too long

Old
01-28-2011, 07:54 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
As a Notre Dame fan, and a Titans fan, I want Kiffen right where he is.

Old
01-28-2011, 09:29 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Hope so, I would have a justifiable reason to hate another team not named the Jets.

Old
01-28-2011, 09:33 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Sounds like Jeffrey did some shady things with contracts.....

Old
01-28-2011, 12:45 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

What truly think:

1) Titans suck on a level equivalent to the Dallas Texans of the 1950's

2) They draft a QB only to realize that there isn't much in the way of QBs in this draft.

3) They will retract their desire to trade VY

4) They continue in a downward spiral due to lack of QB.

5) Preds tickets will go up in price as fans start migrating to other options: Vandy, UT, Alabama, Preds.

I say this because I would not, I repeat, NOT be shocked if someone offered Adams a chance to move to LA and he takes it. (He moved the team once from Houston to Tennessee.)

Old
01-28-2011, 01:05 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
So I have a good buddy who's an ecstatic Titans season tix holder, and I was just explaining my thought on Oilers/Titans and their approach and success with coaches:

Well, here’s the thing; Oilers had a pretty good coach named Bum. Bum got the bloody team in the playoffs like 4 times in 6 years, something like that. Last 3 years, lost to the eventual Super Bowl Champ. Not good enough for Bud – so he fired him. Oilers drafted a kid outta’ TX named Campbell. Pretty good ball player, that Campbell. Was offensive player of the year 3 straight years and then never came close again – know which 3 years? (I’m sure you aren’t surprised to learn those were 3 years under Bum) Sure, got banged up a bit, but maybe it had a little to do with these names – Ed Biles, Chuck Studley, and Hugh Campbell. Know who those clowns were? Yep, the 3 coaches who succeeded Bum.

Then along comes a fellow named Glanville, he was the coach for 4 years, last 3 years put the team in the playoffs but….. yep, no championship and off you go. Fortunately for those of us living there and rooting for the Oilers at the time, they hired a fellow named Pardee. Ole’ Jack had a rough start – got his hat handed to him by that Glanville fellow in the opening game – but then took the team to 4 playoffs in 4 seasons. But, alas, no championship (and 2 incredible playoff collapses, including the unforgettable 35-3 half-time lead over the Bills) so Bud blew up the team, shipped Moon off to MN among other things, and that 94 season Pardee had enough and they parted ways in the middle of the year, giving a young, fresh-faced, JFisher his first head-coaching job.

So, you gotta’ wonder, what are we gonna’ get – Ed Biles/Chuck Studley/Hugh Campbell? Or a Glanville-Pardee transition? Given the roster we got, I think we have a Pardee-Fisher transition on our hands; So, who’s gonna’ be our Ed Biles?

Old
01-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
What truly think:

1) Titans suck on a level equivalent to the Dallas Texans of the 1950's

2) They draft a QB only to realize that there isn't much in the way of QBs in this draft.

3) They will retract their desire to trade VY

4) They continue in a downward spiral due to lack of QB.

5) Preds tickets will go up in price as fans start migrating to other options: Vandy, UT, Alabama, Preds.

I say this because I would not, I repeat, NOT be shocked if someone offered Adams a chance to move to LA and he takes it. (He moved the team once from Houston to Tennessee.)
I could see that happening ... but apparently it's a pretty big financial penalty for them to get out of Nashville

Old
01-28-2011, 01:11 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
I could see that happening ... but apparently it's a pretty big financial penalty for them to get out of Nashville
That I did not know but if someone wants a team bad enough in LA they could pay tat for Bud.

I say this simply because of habit. If he's willing to move from the #3 TV market in the US to Nashville, he might be willing to move to LA if he thinks it give him a better chance to win.

Also with the lockout and various other teams who are rumored to move to LA; Minny, Jacksonville. Someone else might try and beat them to the punch. If there is a lockout that would be the perfect time to close up shop, move, and minimize losses.

Old
01-28-2011, 01:22 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

BFC, The titans might suck but Adams has proved to us he's willing to spend on players and coaches.

Old
01-28-2011, 01:25 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
BFC, The titans might suck but Adams has proved to us he's willing to spend on players and coaches.
I see that......but I'm saying I would not be surprised. I'm not EXPECTING IT, but I would not be surprised

Old
01-28-2011, 01:26 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I don't think TV market is of much consequence to Adams in your arguement. In Houston, he had to fight Dallas and Texas football, and at certain points A and M football. In Tennessee he had to fight UT football and the the preds. And the Nashville Market for football encompasses Alabama, Kentucky, Arkansas and gets the huntsville, Memphis, Knoxville, maybe Louisville markets, that which when added up, is bigger than the houston market I would assume.

and hockey tix will go up anyway, regardless of this foosball game.

Old
01-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
I don't think TV market is of much consequence to Adams in your arguement. In Houston, he had to fight Dallas and Texas football, and at certain points A and M football. In Tennessee he had to fight UT football and the the preds. And the Nashville Market for football encompasses Alabama, Kentucky, Arkansas and gets the huntsville, Memphis, Knoxville, maybe Louisville markets, that which when added up, is bigger than the houston market I would assume.

and hockey tix will go up anyway, regardless of this foosball game.
My niece goes to a school in Louisville ... they are Bengals country

Old
01-28-2011, 01:33 PM
dulzhok

Fisher has made some horrible decisions the last couple of years, and I honestly believe the Titans could be a top team if not for some of his actions.

1) VY is a diva, no doubt. But he is your meal ticket and Fisher could've handled him better. He gives you a better chance at winning than Kerry Collins, any idiot could see that (even Bud Adams). His stubbornness to play Collins was THE reason the Titans didn't make the playoffs last year.

2) It's evident Fisher was looking for any reason not play Young. While some of his gripes may be true, the next best option was worse. For a thin-skinned guy like Young, the coach has to instill some confidence in him. Yes, it's a Young flaw, but the job of a coach is to instill confidence in your players-- especially the one who has the most impact on the game.

3) Hiring Cecil was a terrible move. Firing of Earnest Byner made no sense what so ever

4) More stubborn moves like playing Nick Harper all year-- terrible.

5) Terrible offensive schemes when you have weapons like Young, Johnson, Britt, Moss at your disposal. Unfathomable that he plays it safe with VY, and then lets Rusty Smith come out and gun-sling-- just more stubbornness. Stubbornness is good if it produces the right results, but it's clear it did not in these cases.

He's a big reason why the Titans are where they are today. He's had some good moments over his tenure, but the last 2 years, he has not gotten the job done.

Old
01-28-2011, 02:28 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Fisher has made some horrible decisions the last couple of years, and I honestly believe the Titans could be a top team if not for some of his actions.

1) VY is a diva, no doubt. But he is your meal ticket and Fisher could've handled him better. He gives you a better chance at winning than Kerry Collins, any idiot could see that (even Bud Adams). His stubbornness to play Collins was THE reason the Titans didn't make the playoffs last year.

2) It's evident Fisher was looking for any reason not play Young. While some of his gripes may be true, the next best option was worse. For a thin-skinned guy like Young, the coach has to instill some confidence in him. Yes, it's a Young flaw, but the job of a coach is to instill confidence in your players-- especially the one who has the most impact on the game.

3) Hiring Cecil was a terrible move. Firing of Earnest Byner made no sense what so ever

4) More stubborn moves like playing Nick Harper all year-- terrible.

5) Terrible offensive schemes when you have weapons like Young, Johnson, Britt, Moss at your disposal. Unfathomable that he plays it safe with VY, and then lets Rusty Smith come out and gun-sling-- just more stubbornness. Stubbornness is good if it produces the right results, but it's clear it did not in these cases.

He's a big reason why the Titans are where they are today. He's had some good moments over his tenure, but the last 2 years, he has not gotten the job done.
1) you left out the part where maybe 5 guys wanted to play with VY becasue he was more concerned with being a star than a football player.

2) see 1

3) Why promoting cecil the wrong move? He had been a successful DB coach. At the time, many people loved it. Hindsight 20/20

4) Harper was the least burnt Toast--that is more on GM than Coach.

5) I agree with thte first sentence. Maybe Smith had a better grasp of the playbook than Mr. Wonderlic 6.

Closed Thread