HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Titans\Vols\Dores\Whatever other sport thread(IT ALL GOES HERE)

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2005, 02:23 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Well poor Mike Shula is learning the hard way that you can't play hyperconservative if your team doesn't dominate the line of scrimmage. Terrible, terrible offensive game plan by Shula and Rader. This Ole Miss defense is half the defense of UF but because of the conservative game plan, they are in no position to exploit it. This gameplan would work if Bama had dominated the line of scrimmage, but Ole Miss has a good enough defense to stop the run when they know its coming. And they know what's coming with Bama.

Here's guessing Alabama will finally open it up on the last drive when the run isn't as much of a factor.

Old
10-17-2005, 09:31 AM
muddycreek*

Never been to pro fotball game. Never given Bud one dime of my $ and never will! Pro-football is like the clapp...once you get it in your town it's either pay the fddler or I'll leave. I'd prefeer they leave NOW!

Old
10-22-2005, 10:23 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Vols will be 3-4 after next Weekend ... lets hope these cluster**** Vols fans will start spending money on the Predators a winning organization 12,6?? is inexcuseable

Old
10-23-2005, 01:48 AM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
Go *****! Bring on the very pissed off Vols to kick our ***!

Old
10-24-2005, 06:34 PM
muddycreek*

How about them Dores? LOL LOL LOL They will win one more game to qualify for the Toilet Bowl. We don't need the Vols fans. We need Bud's fans.Titans can kiss my grits!

Old
10-24-2005, 06:39 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

UT will be missing Riggs Jr this weekend against the Gamecocks

Old
10-24-2005, 06:43 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

What do you mean by missing?

Old
10-24-2005, 07:01 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
He was missing last Saturday wasn't he?

Old
10-24-2005, 07:31 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
What do you mean by missing?
I think they'll miss him, though his injury might mean they've found another solid back in Foster to through out there. Riggs is a good player. He's not great, in my opinion, though it is there for the taking. At the very least, force-feeding Foster carries could ready him for an effective one-two punch when Riggs gets back.

You heard it here first, UT over Notre Dame if Riggs is healthy. I'm going out on a big, big limb on this one. I can't stand UT, but I think it's going to happen.

Old
10-24-2005, 07:41 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

As a ND fan I'm hoping you're wrong. I just don't see UT with enough offense to keep up with Notre Dame.

Old
10-24-2005, 08:04 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I think they'll miss him, though his injury might mean they've found another solid back in Foster to through out there. Riggs is a good player. He's not great, in my opinion, though it is there for the taking. At the very least, force-feeding Foster carries could ready him for an effective one-two punch when Riggs gets back.

You heard it here first, UT over Notre Dame if Riggs is healthy. I'm going out on a big, big limb on this one. I can't stand UT, but I think it's going to happen.
where's Jason Allen, and their #1 Safety? ... lol ... they have ANYONE who can cover Shmradjza & Stovall (both 6'5")? ... didn't think so ... UT's going down big time

Old
10-24-2005, 08:07 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
As a ND fan I'm hoping you're wrong. I just don't see UT with enough offense to keep up with Notre Dame.
This is pure speculation on my end as ND has only played 1 good team in USC and I can't get a good read on UT. But I don't think Notre Dame has a great defense. I think they are very, very vulnerable on the ground to a big, physical team with speed. And UT has that. While I don't think they have enough to stretch ND out and put up a bunch of points, I think they have the ability to be effective enough to keep ND out there. I think UT will have a lot of rushes and not a lot of points to start out the game. But over the course of the game, ND, who isn't deep, will begin to wilt.

And this is predicated on ND's offense sputtering. They haven't played a great defense yet. I think they'll see that in Tennessee. UT will be the best defense they face all season long. If UT can soften up the ND defense with a semi-effective first half run game and UT's defense keeps playing the way they have been, ND is going to be in it for the long haul.

UT matches up very well with ND. ND's run defense is very, very suspect. And UT was able to put up 100+ yards of rushing on a Bama defense that is much better than ND's. And if UT can run the ball, it will create a snowballing effect that forces ND into a bad situation. Last Saturday, if UT was playing a worse defense, they probably would have had a few touchdowns. A lot of those stalled drives might turn into touchdowns against a Notre Dame.

And if UT can establish a running game of some sort, it's going to open things up for Clausen. He's not any good, but even average QB's can make plays when the running game is working.

Old
10-24-2005, 08:13 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Sorry but you're wrong. ND can play smash mouth with anyone, it's the verticle game and spread offenses that trouble ND, you have to spread ND out and throw it deep. LenDale White is one of the best power backs in NCAA and ND contained him, it was Bush that gave ND fits and he gives everyone fits. ND has great linebacking depth and are built up front to stop the run.

Old
10-24-2005, 08:14 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
where's Jason Allen, and their #1 Safety? ... lol ... they have ANYONE who can cover Shmradjza & Stovall (both 6'5")? ... didn't think so ... UT's going down big time
Nobody has players who can cover those two. Even with Jason Allen, UT doesn't have that. What they do have is an incredible collection of defenders. They've given every offense they've played fits and have given their offense a chance to win every game in the fourth quarter. And this is going against two top 5 teams, one top 10 team (who would be top 5 if they didn't play UT), and a top 25 team.

Notre Dame has played 1 team that is currently in the top 25. They are very, very beatable. I hate UT more than most, so it's not easy for me to say this. But I think they win it.

Old
10-24-2005, 08:23 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

UT hasn't really played a great offense yet, and they didn't really give LSU or Georgia fits.

Old
10-24-2005, 08:24 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Sorry but you're wrong. ND can play smash mouth with anyone, it's the verticle game and spread offenses that trouble ND, you have to spread ND out and throw it deep. LenDale White is one of the best power backs in NCAA and ND contained him, it was Bush that gave ND fits and he gives everyone fits. ND has great linebacking depth and are built up front to stop the run.
Then why haven't they done it? In three of the seven games they've played, they have given up 150+ yards in rushing in three games. The only games they haven't given up 100 yards is the two terrible teams they've played so far (Wash/BYU).

They did contain White, but only in 10 carries. It's not like USC was force feeding him to ND. I do question ND's run defense because they have yet to play a traditional run first offense that will line it up and go after you. The offenses that have shredded them on the ground have been more pass oriented. The only offense that is similar to UT's is Michigan and Notre Dame did very good against them. Though I don't think Mich has near the backs/O-line that UT does. Though they do have a terrible QB. And despite all that Michigan probably should have won that game. They were in prime position to do it, but mistakes by a young QB cost them.

UT's offense isn't better than ND's, but they have a more smashmouth running attack. Notre Dame can put 8-9 in the box and stop UT. But they haven't shown in the past that they can shut down the run like most of UT's previous foes have.

And ND hasn't seen a defense like UT's to this point. I think this matches up well for UT.

Old
10-24-2005, 08:25 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

BTW ND held USC offense to 15 points below their average.....

Old
10-24-2005, 08:29 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Then why haven't they done it? In three of the seven games they've played, they have given up 150+ yards in rushing in three games. The only games they haven't given up 100 yards is the two terrible teams they've played so far (Wash/BYU).

They did contain White, but only in 10 carries. It's not like USC was force feeding him to ND. I do question ND's run defense because they have yet to play a traditional run first offense that will line it up and go after you. The offenses that have shredded them on the ground have been more pass oriented. The only offense that is similar to UT's is Michigan and Notre Dame did very good against them. Though I don't think Mich has near the backs/O-line that UT does. Though they do have a terrible QB. And despite all that Michigan probably should have won that game. They were in prime position to do it, but mistakes by a young QB cost them.

UT's offense isn't better than ND's, but they have a more smashmouth running attack. Notre Dame can put 8-9 in the box and stop UT. But they haven't shown in the past that they can shut down the run like most of UT's previous foes have.

And ND hasn't seen a defense like UT's to this point. I think this matches up well for UT.
ND struggled with injuries against Michigan, Fassano and McNight both were hurt in that game that was their top 2 targets at the time not to mention that was Weis second game as coach, ND's offense is 10x better now than then....

Old
10-24-2005, 08:32 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

BTW, Riggs out for the season

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_...v=ap&type=lgns

Old
10-24-2005, 08:40 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
BTW ND held USC offense to 15 points below their average.....

That is misleading. ND is a much better than USC's average opponent, so they should hold them to below their average. And UT has held every offense they've played to below their 'average' save for LSU.

And yes, they gave LSU's offense fits. LSU had two drives that started inside their own 50 that resulted in a total of 10 points. And one of those two drives started at LSU's 45 or so. LSU had a touchdown on a 19 yard drive. A touchdown on an interception. And field goal on a drive that started at UT's 25 or so. LSU was held to around 250 yards of total offense, well under their season average of rushing and passing.

As for UGA, UT gave up an early TD on an impressive UGA drive of over 80 yards, then tightened up. They held UGA to a field goal despite the Dawgs starting out at UT's 25 or so. They gave up 13 points for the majority of the game. The other points came as a result of a punt return for a TD and a drive inside the last 5 minutes when the game was already shelved and UT's defense was exhausted.

If UT has a decent offense, their defense would have been much more successful because they wouldn't have been exhausted as they were against UT/UF/UGA/UA.

Old
10-24-2005, 08:49 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Guess we'll just have to see.

Old
10-24-2005, 09:39 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Guess we'll just have to see.
My thoughts exactly. It's not that I think ND is bad. It's just that I think Tennessee is primed. They tend to do well when their back is against the wall. And their QB's can't play terrible forever. I just see this game and the matchups (before Riggs was annouced out) and think ND is going to get beat.

And this comes from a man who hates UT and thought ND was the better team against USC.

And I justed wanted you to know this Trigg. I hate you. I hate you for arguing with me and putting me in a position where I have to defend the University of Tennessee. I'll have my lawyer contact yours to come to a settlement on compensatory damages that will result. Beyond the cost of buying super abrasive cleansers and steel wool brushes. Beyond the cost of the gallons of hot water needed. Beyond the cost of the sheer time that must go into this cleaning. Beyond all that is the emotional damage you've caused. A part of me died in this conversation. And now I am no longer 'unpure.'

Old
10-24-2005, 09:50 PM
Pred303

i'm a UT fan, and i can honestly say i could care less right now...i'd gladly trade for a pred victory

Old
10-24-2005, 09:50 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
i'm a UT fan, and i can honestly say i could care less right now...i'd gladly trade for a pred victory
As a UK football fan, I just wish I had some victories to trade.

Old
10-24-2005, 10:37 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

What is UK football?

Closed Thread