HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Titans\Vols\Dores\Whatever other sport thread(IT ALL GOES HERE)

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2005, 11:32 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
What is UK football?
Since this is a hockey message board, I'll give you their hockey equivalent.

The UK of the NHL

Old
10-24-2005, 11:51 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Since this is a hockey message board, I'll give you their hockey equivalent.

The UK of the NHL
Ouch......

Old
10-30-2005, 10:34 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

http://firecoachfulmer.com/

Tennessee (23) 2-4 3-4 ... 3-5 after next Saturday?

Old
10-30-2005, 11:18 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

http://tennessee.rivals.com/commitli...2002&School=80 - 5 5 star recruits - 16 4 star recruits - No 2 Nationally

http://tennessee.rivals.com/commitli...2003&School=80 - 1 5 star recruit - 7 4 star recruits - No 18 Nationally

http://tennessee.rivals.com/commitli...2004&School=80 - 2 5 star recruits - 8 4 star recruits - No 11 Nationally

http://tennessee.rivals.com/commitli...2005&School=80 - 1 5 star recruit - 16 5 star recruits - No 4 Nationally

Old
10-31-2005, 05:09 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Randy Sanders has resigned

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2209339

Old
10-31-2005, 05:42 PM
vopatsrash

it's time to re-visit our old scenario...

Vandy loses @ Florida (4-5)
UT loses @ ND (3-5)
both = likely

Vandy beats UK (5-5)
UT beats Memphis (4-5)
both = probable

Vandy (5-5) @ UT (4-5) with the winner going to a bowl game (assuming UT beats UK).

Old
11-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

21-3 ... Irish ...

Old
11-05-2005, 03:29 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
21-3 ... Irish ...

Lol, Randy Sanders called it quits. I think Fulmer might want to resign as OC as well. I think a monkey could coach a more disciplined offense.

Yet again, I am impressed by the UT defense. They started off the game flat and allowed a huge drive to start off and then the ever talented Vols gave ND a 27 yard field to play with. But since that, Notre Dame has done nothing offensively.

I'm thinking UT's entire offensive coaching staff is gone as well as their special teams. I'd have been more likely to make Chavis the OC than Fulmer. He is, after all, the only coach or coordinator pulling his weight

Old
11-06-2005, 09:48 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Lol, Randy Sanders called it quits. I think Fulmer might want to resign as OC as well. I think a monkey could coach a more disciplined offense.

Yet again, I am impressed by the UT defense. They started off the game flat and allowed a huge drive to start off and then the ever talented Vols gave ND a 27 yard field to play with. But since that, Notre Dame has done nothing offensively.

I'm thinking UT's entire offensive coaching staff is gone as well as their special teams. I'd have been more likely to make Chavis the OC than Fulmer. He is, after all, the only coach or coordinator pulling his weight
UT's front four is good but they couldn't stop Brady. 296 yards and 3 tds 0 interceptions. They did shut down the running game.

Old
11-06-2005, 06:49 PM
Gnashville
Playoff losers

I was sick after the Fla Vandy game to come so close and lose was painful

Old
11-19-2005, 03:24 PM
sparkle twin
drrrty player

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
VANDY WINS!!!!!!!!

Vandy wins 28-24 over UT!!!!!!

Jay Cutler, what a great job to lead them down the field!!!

Old
11-19-2005, 03:38 PM
Gnashville
Playoff losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303
VANDY WINS!!!!!!!!

Vandy wins 28-24 over UT!!!!!!

Jay Cutler, what a great job to lead them down the field!!!

YES YES YES YES YES

There aren't enough smilelys for me today

Old
11-19-2005, 03:41 PM
pred33fan

Old
11-19-2005, 03:51 PM
sparkle twin
drrrty player

Cutler: 27-39 315yds 3-TD 0-INT

What a career for Cutler, now holding about 20 different records, he'll be missed for sure.

Old
11-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Pred303

sorry, but at the risk to board unity i have to admit, i hate vandy, always have, always will...i hate them so much, at the height of the cold war, i even pulled for the yugoslavian national team against them one night in a basketball exhibition game..

i was born to an anti-vandite, raised an anti-vandite, and will remain an anti-vandite throughout my life, hell i ever pull for florida against vandy..

Old
11-19-2005, 06:04 PM
sparkle twin
drrrty player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
sorry, but at the risk to board unity i have to admit, i hate vandy, always have, always will...i hate them so much, at the height of the cold war, i even pulled for the yugoslavian national team against them one night in a basketball exhibition game..
Vandy isn't my #1 favorite team, but I like them and I hope they do well. I am however, a diehard UT Hater. I hate them probably as much as you seem to hate Vandy so anytime they are down or lose to anyone, especially to Vandy (and/or to Spurrier) I enjoy it.

Old
11-19-2005, 09:25 PM
Gnashville
Playoff losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303

i was born to an anti-vandite, raised an anti-vandite, and will remain an anti-vandite throughout my life, hell i ever pull for florida against vandy..
Insert the words Tennessee and Vols and that's me 'Dores fan since birth and Preds fan since inception (something about the underdog less talented, hard working teams that apeal to me)

Old
11-22-2005, 08:11 PM
muddycreek*

I am a recovering Vandy fan (35 of my 54 years as a fan). The attitude of the university and it's followers along with Holahan, turned me against them and EVERYTHING they stand for! Enough said!

Old
11-22-2005, 09:27 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Good gosh! Vandy FINALLY beat UT? I'm absolutely shocked.

What an up and down season - starting off with 4 wins in a row, than the humiliating loss to MTSU, and then they come back and beat UT.

Old
12-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Vokoun

The Vols will be back. Cutcliffe is now on board. There are changes going on all over the coaching staff and a lot of players are coming back. Jonathan Crompton will be competing for the qb position. The Vols will contend for the SEC next year.

Old
12-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
anyone see the Murray state - UT basketball game? very poorly officiated, and the PA guy started out to be non-partisan, then turned to full-fledged UT anouncer - pretty classless for being a neutral site.

i think murray state was the better all around team, ut hit a lot of prayers in the 2nd half, and once they went up murray state was a bit deflated...maybe after kennedy took the intentional bow to the face and ut went down and hit a quick three-pointer...

ya, its kind of a rant.

Old
12-05-2005, 04:32 PM
muddycreek*

Believe it or not...basketball is also played in tennessee. kentucy does not have a lock on it! The stuff in airplane toilets is blue mist when dsicharged.

Old
12-05-2005, 07:42 PM
vopatsrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
anyone see the Murray state - UT basketball game? very poorly officiated, and the PA guy started out to be non-partisan, then turned to full-fledged UT anouncer - pretty classless for being a neutral site.

i think murray state was the better all around team, ut hit a lot of prayers in the 2nd half, and once they went up murray state was a bit deflated...maybe after kennedy took the intentional bow to the face and ut went down and hit a quick three-pointer...

ya, its kind of a rant.
wow, no one i know gives a rats behind about that game, so it's nice to finally discuss it.

i went to the game, b/c i hadn't seen a bb game at the gec and i like bruce pearl and wanted to see how ut looked. i ended up smack in the middle of the MSU section. having never seen murray st in person and only once or twice on tv, here were my thoughts...

first of all, 100% agree that Murray St is the better team. I think murray beats UT 6-7 out of 10. If Lofton doesn't get hot, Murray wins it going away. they are much more complete and completely dictated the tempo in the first half. I think CJ Watson was probably the best overall player on the court but #2-4 were probably murray guys, then Lofton, then 6-8 are probably murray.

secondly, i really respected the passion of the murray crowd. Murray's crowd made it feel like a real college basketball game, in an otherwise sterile neutral environment. they brought some good atmosphere to the GEC, whereas the UT crowd seemed to be feeling out the Pearl era. I think they've been broken down by years of uninspired and undisciplined basketball and i think were taken aback by the stye and effort and also sucked out of it at first by murray's dictation of tempo. They were expecting a high flying, high scoring UT team, and Murray didn't allow that for 25 minutes.

with that said, i have to say murray's crowd was a little whiny. There was a legitimate horrible call where UT went over the back, and from that point, if UT breathed wrong, MSU Nation was all standing with their arms flailing. I was with them on a couple of the bad calls, but it wasn't that bad. or at least not as bad as some of the people in my area that were crying about every little thing. that's probably the case with every fan base, including the preds, but it was a little annoying that night.

100% agree on the PA announcer. i was really taken aback by that. He was completely even during the first half, then in the second half, he had a "the predators are on...the....POWER PLAY!!!!"-like fervor for UT. really odd and tasteless, yet strangely entertaining in a twilight zone kind of way.

finally, and maybe i'm completely off on this one since i dont follow the program, but why in the world did they take the little white dude out? was his name Holloway? that guy has about the purest most beautiful shot I've ever seen and he came in and scored 11 points on 3 3's and a backdoor layup, seemingly in about a 2 minute span, and he didn't come back until the 2nd half and was yanked after one brick and a turnover. I didn't get it. When a guy is that unconscious you let him go until he misses, right? I thought the coach did UT a big favor by not going with the hot hand in the first. They could have put the game away, imo. Maybe he really sucks and that was his one good moment, but with that release and shot, I doubt it...

Old
12-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
well, i do feel a bit less heated now than when i originally posted that...haha...we are a fairly whiny crowd, but winning the ovc for the past 12 years or so (except last season, in which we didnt even make the semis) will do that to ya.

UT will struggle in the SEC, but I do think that there is an upside to the program. After all, they did come back and win the game - and made it look a bit more lopsided than it really was. They may turn some heads this year, and maybe make an impact in the standings in the next couple of years.

Mick has had trouble finding out when and where to use holloway. He is tiny, so his defense is limited. Obviously, he can shoot....he is lights out. I think by the end of the season, mick will know how to use him, but we havent had a guy this small in mick's term, so it will take some time in figuring it out. but he can run the point as well, and being a freshman, i guess he sees no reason in rushing him. i look forward to seeing him play for the next 4 years, for sure.

keep up with a dynasty, visit GO RACERS

Old
12-06-2005, 12:04 AM
vopatsrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
well, i do feel a bit less heated now than when i originally posted that...haha...we are a fairly whiny crowd, but winning the ovc for the past 12 years or so (except last season, in which we didnt even make the semis) will do that to ya.

UT will struggle in the SEC, but I do think that there is an upside to the program. After all, they did come back and win the game - and made it look a bit more lopsided than it really was. They may turn some heads this year, and maybe make an impact in the standings in the next couple of years.

Mick has had trouble finding out when and where to use holloway. He is tiny, so his defense is limited. Obviously, he can shoot....he is lights out. I think by the end of the season, mick will know how to use him, but we havent had a guy this small in mick's term, so it will take some time in figuring it out. but he can run the point as well, and being a freshman, i guess he sees no reason in rushing him. i look forward to seeing him play for the next 4 years, for sure.

keep up with a dynasty, visit GO RACERS
ahh, he's a freshman. that might explain it. Watson would probably eat him up off the dribble, but i still think they should have left him in for a couple of catch and shoots just to see if he still had the hot hand. He's one of those guys whose skills at one thing just leave you in awe, a la Zidlicky with puck handling as a d-man.

i think UT will have a really hard time beginning this week. I think they have road games at Texas and Oklahoma St. They'll take their lumps, but i thnk they can get into the NIT if they TCB at home against the weaker of the SEC and non-conference. 8 scholarship players and a pressing style might wear them down, though. Vandy, on the other hand...I'm thinking minimum sweet 16. i just have a feeling.

Does the OVC get on ESPN on a regular time of the week now? Or is it pretty much random games, then championship week? I know that ESPN picked up more mid-major action when the lockout happened, but am not sure if they have a contract.

Closed Thread