HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

GDT: Preseason - Ottawa at Toronto - Sept 18

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-18-2005, 02:55 AM
  #1
Mysterion
Registered User
 
Mysterion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 360
vCash: 500
GDT: Preseason - Ottawa at Toronto - Sept 18

Quote:
PLENTY OF NEWCOMERS IN LINEUP FOR SENATORS

Here are tonight's line combinations for the Senators: Dany Heatley-Jason Spezza-Brandon Bochenski; Martin Havlat-Bryan Smolinski-Daniel Alfredsson; Peter Schaefer-Mike Fisher-Chris Neil; and Vaclav Varada-Antoine Vermette-Brian McGrattan. Defence: Wade Redden-Anton Volchenkov, Chris Phillips-Zdeno Chara and Andrej Meszaros-Lance Ward. Ray Emery in goal ... The Senators also signed C Joe Cullen and C Charlie Stephens to one-year deals yesterday.
http://ottawasun.com/Sports/Hockey/2...21896-sun.html

Mysterion is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 08:08 AM
  #2
Platapie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,741
vCash: 500
Did you guys have a game yesterday too? Something tells me our lineup is going to be a lot sparser, and if that's true.. this is going to be ugly

Platapie is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 08:25 AM
  #3
nneate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapie
Did you guys have a game yesterday too? Something tells me our lineup is going to be a lot sparser, and if that's true.. this is going to be ugly
I don't believe so, pretty sure Sunday is our first game.

nneate is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 08:53 AM
  #4
discostu
Registered User
 
discostu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Nomadville
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,116
vCash: 500
I edited the title, I hope the thread starter doesn't mind. It's just been so long since we've been able to have a game day thread, that I couldn't resist.

discostu is online now  
Old
09-18-2005, 09:16 AM
  #5
SensGod
Registered User
 
SensGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Scotia Bank Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Are any of the pre-season games on the Team 1200? I just checked out their programming schedule and nothing is there.

SensGod is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 09:21 AM
  #6
The Lehner
;)
 
The Lehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
Are any of the pre-season games on the Team 1200? I just checked out their programming schedule and nothing is there.
I believe all pre-season games are on Team 1200...plus tonight's game is on Centre Ice.

The Lehner is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 09:34 AM
  #7
SensGod
Registered User
 
SensGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Scotia Bank Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havlat9
I believe all pre-season games are on Team 1200...plus tonight's game is on Centre Ice.
It's on Mojo for sure.

I'm not getting Centre Ice this year...I'm not giving the NHL or NHLPA a red cent of mine this year.

Are there any bars/restaurants that anyone knows of that will be carrying it?

SensGod is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 11:04 AM
  #8
SENSfreak_03
Registered User
 
SENSfreak_03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,969
vCash: 500
im sure local heros and other bars like that will pick it up. also the game on the 25th is going to be on rogers community television for people with rogers cable.

SENSfreak_03 is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 11:09 AM
  #9
LyleOdelein
Registered User
 
LyleOdelein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Renfrew
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,671
vCash: 500
Wow, that's a stacked lineup for a preseason game. The Sens really want to get the rivalry to start off on the right foot this year.

LyleOdelein is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 11:23 AM
  #10
brucegarrioch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
It's on Mojo for sure.

I'm not getting Centre Ice this year...I'm not giving the NHL or NHLPA a red cent of mine this year.

Are there any bars/restaurants that anyone knows of that will be carrying it?
Marshy's Centerpointe.

brucegarrioch is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 11:37 AM
  #11
SensGod
Registered User
 
SensGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Scotia Bank Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG
Marshy's Centerpointe.
Cool...thanks.

Broadway Bar & Grill in Bridlewood has purchased Center Ice, but as of noon today it wasn't unlocked yet. If they don't...I'll be heading to Marshy's then.

SensGod is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 12:11 PM
  #12
The King of Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Free Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
I have NHL Centre Ice (with Rogers), and I'm getting a little worried: it's not listed on the preview channel anywhere. Are we sure it's on? I thought it was only on Leafs TV (which for some reason I don't get, even though Rogers lists it on their site as part of the package... bear with me, I'm a digital cable n00b).

The King of Town is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 12:43 PM
  #13
Skrymir
Registered User
 
Skrymir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
Are any of the pre-season games on the Team 1200? I just checked out their programming schedule and nothing is there.
All preseason games are on TEAM 1200... and on top of that we have 2 preseason game televised, both are home games (vs. Toronto on Rogers22 and vs Pittsburgh on sportsnet).

Skrymir is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 12:57 PM
  #14
brucegarrioch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrymir
All preseason games are on TEAM 1200... and on top of that we have 2 preseason game televised, both are home games (vs. Toronto on Rogers22 and vs Pittsburgh on sportsnet).
Rogers 22, or Rogers 27?

brucegarrioch is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 01:03 PM
  #15
SENSfreak_03
Registered User
 
SENSfreak_03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven
I have NHL Centre Ice (with Rogers), and I'm getting a little worried: it's not listed on the preview channel anywhere. Are we sure it's on? I thought it was only on Leafs TV (which for some reason I don't get, even though Rogers lists it on their site as part of the package... bear with me, I'm a digital cable n00b).
its on my expressvu for centre ice, so i guess it would be on rogers to. and you cant get leafs tv in ottawa. thats why you dont have it.

SENSfreak_03 is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 01:12 PM
  #16
15theheatison*
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG
Rogers 22, or Rogers 27?
22, the one they shows 67s games on. 27 would be Sportsnet.

15theheatison* is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 01:14 PM
  #17
nneate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,158
vCash: 500
Man im pumped for the first preseason game I get to see of the sens, September 29th vs pittsburgh

I'll be listening on team1200 tonight no doubt.

nneate is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 01:37 PM
  #18
brucegarrioch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.H.
22, the one they shows 67s games on. 27 would be Sportsnet.
That's what I thought, but I didn't think Rogers cable would be airing Senator's games -- will Ed Hand be calling the game?

brucegarrioch is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 03:13 PM
  #19
eye alaska
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
I have Rogers Digital, and was pondering subscribing for LeafsTV just for tonite for this game. Anyone know if it's possible to subscribe to the channel, then call back later on and say you're not satisfied or whatever? Any guesses or experiences trying this. How much is it? Etc etc etc. I'm willing to pay a few bucks, but nothing crazy.

eye alaska is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 03:52 PM
  #20
The King of Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Free Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thirteen
I have Rogers Digital, and was pondering subscribing for LeafsTV just for tonite for this game. Anyone know if it's possible to subscribe to the channel, then call back later on and say you're not satisfied or whatever? Any guesses or experiences trying this. How much is it? Etc etc etc. I'm willing to pay a few bucks, but nothing crazy.
I believe we can't get Leafs TV in Ottawa, only in Toronto. I could be wrong, but from what I've read so far, that's the case.

And the game still isn't listed in the online guide for Rogers NHL Centre Ice, so I'm not holding my breath for that either. Apparently it's listed on ExpressVu though.

The King of Town is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 03:55 PM
  #21
Marshy's
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 639
vCash: 500
is it true that the Pittsburg pre seanon game is on Sportsnet

Marshy's is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 03:57 PM
  #22
Gratt's
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy's
is it true that the Pittsburg pre seanon game is on Sportsnet
Yep.

Gratt's is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 04:10 PM
  #23
StevieYdabest
Registered User
 
StevieYdabest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 171
vCash: 500
So does anyone know if we get the game if we have rogers center ice??? If it's on Expressview doesn't that mean we get it too. Are expressview and rogers different with their centre ice??? I hope not cause I signed up right now cause I heard the game was on Centre Ice.

StevieYdabest is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 04:14 PM
  #24
15theheatison*
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG
That's what I thought, but I didn't think Rogers cable would be airing Senator's games -- will Ed Hand be calling the game?
His name alone made me mute 67s broadcasts.

15theheatison* is offline  
Old
09-18-2005, 04:40 PM
  #25
StevieYdabest
Registered User
 
StevieYdabest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 171
vCash: 500
Actualy I called and they told me it's on 456 and 459 on rogers.

StevieYdabest is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.