HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sportsnet Hockey Central Tuesday Oct 7th

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2003, 06:14 PM
Joe Malone

vCash: 500
Sportsnet Hockey Central Tuesday Oct 7th

Hockeycentral
Eastern & Western Conference preview shows

Tuesday, Oct. 7 & 8 at 7pm ET/5pm MT/4pm PT with: Dreger, Garrett, Kypreos, Morrison, and Simpson

Tuesday's show: Chris Simpson will have a feature on Montreal Canadiens GM Bob Gainey. Does he regret lashing out at the fans because they booed Patrice Brisebois recently? Find out Tuesday.

Added to that, Sportsnet's top notch reporters tell you what to look for from the team's they cover. In Montreal, Louis Jean has a look at Montreal's youth movement. Will youth be served at the expense of a playoff spot?

Old
10-05-2003, 09:19 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Sportsnet actually focusing on the Habs? Or any Non-Leafs matter? That's worth the price of admission. I look forward to those things.

Old
10-06-2003, 12:36 PM
caper13

they will probably interview bg for a couple of minutes and than show the laffs the rest of the show. :mad:

Old
10-06-2003, 05:21 PM
FerrisRox

Uh, do you guys even realize that Sportsnet runs REGIONAL coverage.

If you are in Calgary, know you will not see a ton of Habs coverage. Buts Sportsnet is *NOT* like TSN, where they force Maple Leaf coverage down the throats of the whole country.

Sportsnet's Montreal show has excellent Habs coverage.

The excellent Hockey Central show will be shown in all markets.

To accuse Sportsnet of being Leaf-centric is totally unfair. They are the only network in the country that bothers to do a show for the East, a show for Ontario, a show for the West and a show in the Pacific region.

They actually tailor their shows to their markets instead of just giving every city (and all of those different teams) one show.

Old
10-06-2003, 06:30 PM
Lewis63

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox
To accuse Sportsnet of being Leaf-centric is totally unfair.
I agree.
TSN is Leaf-centric
RDS is Habs-centric and Québécois-centric (not that anything is wrong with that )
Sportsnet just covers sports from coast to cost. Thats the only channel that i can get news from the `Nucks Oilers Flames and Sens.

Old
10-06-2003, 06:46 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis63
I agree.
TSN is Leaf-centric
RDS is Habs-centric and Québécois-centric (not that anything is wrong with that )
Sportsnet just covers sports from coast to cost. Thats the only channel that i can get news from the `Nucks Oilers Flames and Sens.
Ya RDS can be monopolized by the habs, cause what 90% of the viewers are habs fans, but TSN is just so ****ing gay

Old
10-07-2003, 08:27 AM
AK-47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
Ya RDS can be monopolized by the habs, cause what 90% of the viewers are habs fans, but TSN is just so ****ing gay
I always liked Sportsnet coz they cover every team equally.

Besides, they're doing 16 hab games this year.

Old
10-07-2003, 08:30 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-47

16game! WOW that's cool

who are the color commentator team on sports net?

Old
10-07-2003, 08:31 AM
Inertiatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-47

Plus the hosts are hilarious!

Old
10-07-2003, 09:32 AM
AK-47

Quote:
Originally Posted by koivu4ever
Plus the hosts are hilarious!

Yeah, love the humour they display, it's refreshing.

Old
10-07-2003, 10:00 AM
Russian Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Russian Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone
Hockeycentral
Eastern & Western Conference preview shows

Tuesday, Oct. 7 & 8 at 7pm ET/5pm MT/4pm PT with: Dreger, Garrett, Kypreos, Morrison, and Simpson

Tuesday's show: Chris Simpson will have a feature on Montreal Canadiens GM Bob Gainey. Does he regret lashing out at the fans because they booed Patrice Brisebois recently? Find out Tuesday.

Added to that, Sportsnet's top notch reporters tell you what to look for from the team's they cover. In Montreal, Louis Jean has a look at Montreal's youth movement. Will youth be served at the expense of a playoff spot?
Yesterday on RDS , there was a hockey interview with Bob Gainey on a show called ''Claude Mailhot questionne'' & they talk about what he said to the fans regarding Brisebois.

He (BG) said he regret a little bit about calling some people ''gutless *******'' but he said that in the anger of the moment that even me sometimes can do.

He (BG) said that he would have prefered to say something else than that but the point remain the same that he wanted to POINT those fans & tell them to help this team & not trying to bother this team on HOME ICE.

It was a quite good 30 min interview.

Old
10-07-2003, 10:22 AM
Playr050

Send a message via AIM to Playr050
Aside from Kypreos, the Sportsnet crew is pretty unbiased. I enjoy their show, but prefer the guys over at TSN.

I haven't seen McKenzie or Mcguire show preference to any team, though Pierre does get a few Habs plugs in every now and then, which is nice.

It's LeafCentre that bugs me about TSN. A 10 minute segment on who will be, who should be, who could be, and who's likely not to be the Leafs' 6th defenseman is not what I'm interested in.

Old
10-07-2003, 12:56 PM
BrettHabs24

Funny this is brought up.. Sportsnet is actually very good for Hab news. In the mornings, suppose the Habs and the Leafs played the night before, the Habs hilights always go first, and sometimes even the Expo hilights before the Laff ones.. I really like it, and find it a nice change from the Toronto Sports Network. I dont watch TSN unless I have to. The guys on Sportsnet are hilarious, I really like the guys like Toth, Millard, even Hazel Mae and Jim Lang-- though they can be over the top (somewhat) it makes for very entertaining television.

As for their "hockey central" team, it is quite good and pretty unbias though I dont like Kypreos. As opposed to TSN's "Thats Hockey" hosted by Gino Reda, which is like watching paint dry.

Old
10-07-2003, 04:08 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettHabs24
Funny this is brought up.. Sportsnet is actually very good for Hab news. In the mornings, suppose the Habs and the Leafs played the night before, the Habs hilights always go first, and sometimes even the Expo hilights before the Laff ones.. I really like it, and find it a nice change from the Toronto Sports Network. I dont watch TSN unless I have to. The guys on Sportsnet are hilarious, I really like the guys like Toth, Millard, even Hazel Mae and Jim Lang-- though they can be over the top (somewhat) it makes for very entertaining television.

As for their "hockey central" team, it is quite good and pretty unbias though I dont like Kypreos. As opposed to TSN's "Thats Hockey" hosted by Gino Reda, which is like watching paint dry.
This is Sportsnet East that shows Habs/Expos first, excellent for us Habs fans!

Old
10-07-2003, 04:10 PM
Russian Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Russian Fan
It's pretty understandable because they have
Sportsnet East & Sportsnet Ontario

Old
10-08-2003, 06:51 AM
Joe Cole

[QUOTE=FerrisRox]Uh, do you guys even realize that Sportsnet runs REGIONAL coverage.

Buts Sportsnet is *NOT* like TSN, where they force Maple Leaf coverage down the throats of the whole country.

Sportsnet's Montreal show has excellent Habs coverage.

The excellent Hockey Central show will be shown in all markets.

To accuse Sportsnet of being Leaf-centric is totally unfair. They are the only network in the country that bothers to do a show for the East, a show for Ontario, a show for the West and a show in the Pacific region.
QUOTE]

Really....have you listened to Garrett? Kypreos? They sound like they would melt if they ever stepped out of the "Mecca-of-Hockey"....Toronto.... I almost gagged saying that.

They are sooo focused on Montreal that they let go their Mtl reporter, Barry Morgan. He was good, but I guess they can fly someone in when the Habs face the Leafs.

To whomever said that they have regional coverage, the fact that they have a "SportsNet East" moniker doesn't mean that they actually pay enough attention to the Montreal teams to give worthwhile comments.

Like Hazel May saying that a goal was "BIEN!" Sheesh, I wrote them an email and said that they are using the wrong term, it is BON...dummies.

This is the same reason that I stopped watching the Habs in english. The CBC nerds didn't know the team or player's names and gave news tidbits that were weeks old. They cannot give real commentary unless they watch the team more often, and not only 1 team (i.e. the Leafs), pay attention to the whole league.

Old
10-08-2003, 01:23 PM
Garnet

Cbc

CBC is the station that pisses my off. A public television station payed for by the people of Canada. What do you get?? consistent turn of the century crap. Why don't we have a say in the programming?? I love HNIC but get tried of the HNIT (Hockey Night in Toronto). Ottawa is the best Canadian team and the better team in Ontario but how many coast to coasts do they get. 4 probably when they play the Leafs. I feel the Staurdays nights should be split more evenly through on 6 teams

Closed Thread