Daniel Snyder 1978-2003

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2003, 11:05 AM
Two4Instigation

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
That really is a great poem. Did you write that yourself or find it somewhere? If so, who wrote that?
I cannot take credit for that. Actually I heard it on TV related to something else and it struck me so much I felt the need to find it and post it. I saw it listed as both "Author Unknown" and as a Native American prayer-type thing.

Old
10-29-2003, 05:58 PM
StorminZ

Graham and Jake Snyder were interviewed by Dave Hodge on TSN ... the transcript can be read here.

Dave Hodge Talks with Graham and Jake Snyder

I missed the show ... anyone that saw it, what did you think? Transcripts only present the words, not the emotion of the conversation.

Old
11-02-2003, 01:51 PM
TelperiŽn

Rest in peace, Dan.

And all the best to your family.

Old
11-15-2003, 02:42 PM
FearTheFlyers

I'll add my deep condolences to this thread. I'd met Dan a couple times in Owen Sound and he was a great guy on and off the ice. I know there were lots of proud people in this town when he made the NHL after being written off so many times.

Old
11-20-2003, 07:28 PM
shazata69

vCash:

Don't mean to sound cold but enoug is enough. People are acting like he was gonna be some great Nhler. Got him on all the covers of the Hockey News like come on.

Old
12-19-2003, 04:04 PM
skariya18

I just read that he had his #14 retired by Owen Sound. Played 4 years this, last 2 as Captain.

Old
12-23-2003, 10:22 AM
ChannelChanger

Yes, I was at the game. Your GM came down for the ceremony and gave a nice little speech to the fans. It was a teary eyed ceremony, especially for those who really knew who Dan was all about.

ChannelChanger

Old
02-24-2004, 04:33 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Dan would have been 26 today!

Old
07-09-2004, 02:29 AM
Hart_House_Ca

Paying my full respects to Dan Snyder, the snyder family, thrashers hockey club, and the great fans of atlanta.

In memory of Dan Snyder, Always.

Old
07-15-2004, 12:22 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Golf tourney in memory of Snyder raises $100,000 for Elmira arena

This is an article from the KW Record this week (I've omitted part of it... www.therecord.com, but you need a password to read the full article).

Graham Snyder had a smile on his face as friends and teammates of his late son arrived at the first Dan Snyder Memorial Golf Tournament.

Seeing the wealth of support at the sold-out event reminded the hockey dad just how much of an impact his son had before his life ended tragically last October.

"Probably one of the main positives of Dan during his short time here was that he touched a lot of people," said Snyder. "We plan on doing anything we can to honour and nurture that."

About 150 people attended yesterday's tournament at the Elmira Golf Club. Organizers expect to raise more than $100,000 to help build a new hockey arena in town.

Among the crowd were Atlanta Thrashers teammates Marc Savard, Chris Tamer, Andy Sutton and Garnet Exelby. Kitchener Rangers coach Peter DeBoer and assistant Steve Spott were also in attendance, as were Tragically Hip guitarist Paul Langlois and bass player Gord Sinclair.

Dany Heatley was there, too, with his father Murray and brother Mark. The Thrashers forward, and Dan's good friend, was driving at the time of the accident that ultimately led to the 25-year-old Snyder's death.

Heatley's curly hair shot out the sides of his black baseball cap as he signed autographs for some of the local kids volunteering at the event. He declined to talk to the media but flashed his toothless grin throughout the day as he mixed with old friends and teammates.

The Snyders have publicly forgiven Heatley and were looking forward to being with one of their son's best friends.

"I know he's (Heatley) had a rough time over the last nine months, for obvious reasons," said Graham.

"I'm sure it will be a mixed day emotionally for him as I'm sure it will be for us as well. It's great to see him here today."

Golfers received gift bags with blue shirts featuring Snyder's No. 37 over the heart and various donated goodies, including the Tragically Hip's latest CD In Between Evolution. The album's first track -- Heaven Is a Better Place Today -- is a tribute to the late Elmira native.

Adam Mair, who played junior hockey with Snyder in Owen Sound, didn't hesitate to head north with fellow Buffalo Sabres J.P. Dumont, Tim Connolly and Daniel Briere to support the event in Snyder's memory.

"You remember the little funny things (Snyder) would always do," said Mair. "He would always put his fake front tooth in someone's drink."

And the pranks didn't stop at the golf course. Snyder was in prime form at the Elmira Sugar Kings Junior B golf tournament at the same course about this time last year.

"He was in a foursome and there were reports that there was some streaking on one hole," said his dad, a former Kings player and manager.

"They came out and were dancing around the green and managed to get the balls from the foursome behind them. There was no confirmation that Dan was one of them but my best guess is that he probably was."

Old
09-28-2004, 07:21 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Is heatley in jail?
why not?
he drived too fast!

Old
09-28-2004, 01:33 PM
Vincent Vega
GGTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Color@do @v@l@nche
Is heatley in jail?
why not?
he drived too fast!
No.
It was an accident, it wasnt his fault that Dan Snyder died.
He DROVE too fast!

Old
10-22-2004, 07:58 PM
ricknashfan_61

r.i.p dan.

Closed Thread