HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Snyder passed away

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2003, 09:41 PM
Ajo

vCash: 500
Tragedy, big tragedy.

My condolensenses to Snyder's family.

RIP Dan Snyder.

Old
10-05-2003, 09:57 PM
Wild Bill

wow...this has been a terrible off-season for hockey... Just goes to show how precious life is. On top of it all, a budding superstar at the ripe age of 22 now has to live with the fact that his poor judgement led to the death of a teammate and friend. Injuries and/or jailtime, not to mention the huge burden he will carry, might take Heatley away from the NHL and destroy his life as well. At least he is still alive though. Sad, sad story. My condolences to the Snyder family.

Old
10-05-2003, 10:17 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
this is really unfair...life is unfair, espically since dan snyder has absolutely no control in this. I figured that he made it through a few days, he could pull it out, but i guess im not a doctor either.

My heart and prayers go out to all those involved

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
10-05-2003, 10:22 PM
OYLer

Out of respect for Snyder family and in remembrance of a fine young man so tragically taken, I am going to try to love and value my family more. I resolve to do this in thought and deed. Life is so fragile and during dark times it is hard to carry on. Hopefully, some good can arise from the senselessness and sorrow.

My condolences to the Snyder family and all families who have suffered the loss of their young Lights.

Old
10-05-2003, 10:23 PM
puckyou21

What a sad day for the sport. The entire NHL community mourns the loss.

Old
10-05-2003, 10:37 PM
edmontonoilers89

Old
10-05-2003, 11:30 PM
sparkle twin
drrrty player

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Condolences to the entire Snyder family. Also to Dan's teammates, friends and to countless others who knew him. Thoughts and prayers that everyone will find strength to get through this time.

Rest In Peace Dan Snyder. You will be missed.

Old
10-05-2003, 11:40 PM
Trottier
Very Random

No words....

Old
10-06-2003, 12:05 AM
gruntsplatter

It's gutting... One of the things that I love so much about hockey, it's the only sport I care about, is the character, the tenacity and the struggle of not only the games, but the process of even getting to the NHL. The sacrifice and the absolute heart and determination, to get through all of the junior and minor league stages from such a young age, to finally get to the NHL, and the humility and character that so many of those who make it through that gauntlet retain when they get there. Dan Snyder seemed like such a glowing example of this, and Heatley to, but Snyder didn't have the natural ability that Heatley had on his side and had to grind his teeth a lot longer to get there and from all accounts was gracious to all of those along the way on and off the ice.

This transcends hockey in so many ways, Snyder embodied the power of the will, the reward of beating every adversity into submission and never faltering in your vision of what you are capable of. That's a legacy for his family and friends to be damn proud of, that's a life to feel privileged to have been close to. Something I'm sure they all realize more clearly than I could ever articulate it.

I wish those close to Dan all his strength through the brutal months they have ahead of them.

Old
10-06-2003, 01:50 AM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntsplatter
It's gutting... One of the things that I love so much about hockey, it's the only sport I care about, is the character, the tenacity and the struggle of not only the games, but the process of even getting to the NHL. The sacrifice and the absolute heart and determination, to get through all of the junior and minor league stages from such a young age, to finally get to the NHL, and the humility and character that so many of those who make it through that gauntlet retain when they get there. Dan Snyder seemed like such a glowing example of this, and Heatley to, but Snyder didn't have the natural ability that Heatley had on his side and had to grind his teeth a lot longer to get there and from all accounts was gracious to all of those along the way on and off the ice.

This transcends hockey in so many ways, Snyder embodied the power of the will, the reward of beating every adversity into submission and never faltering in your vision of what you are capable of. That's a legacy for his family and friends to be damn proud of, that's a life to feel privileged to have been close to. Something I'm sure they all realize more clearly than I could ever articulate it.

I wish those close to Dan all his strength through the brutal months they have ahead of them.
Well said.

Old
10-06-2003, 01:55 AM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
At a loss

for words right now, as i woke up and my mom just told me the news. This is just flatout sad. It brought back memories of last year when i had a friend cut down in his prime. I pray for Snyder and his family. He had his whole life ahead of him. It's had knowing that he is my around my age. This is just a sad tragedy. And it just leaves me like this

Old
10-06-2003, 02:08 AM
Les Zarbites

I'm shocked and deeply sadden by this terrible news. That NHL season gets off to a terrible start. RIP Dan Snyder.

Old
10-06-2003, 02:11 AM
GB

Send a message via ICQ to GB
My thoughts and prayers are with Snyder and his. family.

Old
10-06-2003, 02:17 AM
Chevy Cheveldae

Send a message via MSN to Chevy Cheveldae
Wow, this is really sad

My thoughts and prayers are with the Thrashers, his family and everyone who knew Dan

R.I.P Dan

Old
10-06-2003, 02:26 AM
Buddha

A sad day my thoughts are for Dan and his family.

Old
10-06-2003, 02:43 AM
berney fkaj

Very sad news today. Not much else to say.

Old
10-06-2003, 02:46 AM
Spiffy

vCash:
It was a bad day for hockey. But even a worse one for the young hockey community in Atlanta, Georgia. Expect to see many young people in grief for the next few days.

Old
10-06-2003, 02:48 AM
balddog66

I knew Dan from Highschool and know what type of person he was...it never really occured to me that he could pass away, he's overcame everything in his life...then I see this on the news Sunday night...I feel just horrible...
I feel as though I should go to the next Owen Sound Attack homegame as I'm sure they'll have a moment of silence...the funeral will likely be held in Elmira. (however menonites perform this)
For those who didn't know him would have in a couple of years and didn't truely know what they were missing when he was here...
The typical Canadian dream realized through hard work.
RIP Dan...

Old
10-06-2003, 03:00 AM
Stock Rocks

Life can be so unpredictable- my heart goes out to both families, especially the Snyders, who now must come to grips with burying their child.

I am also heartened by the class and support that has been seen on these boards. Sometimes it takes a tragedy like this one to make everyone stop with the petty bickering and inter-team rivalries for a time and honor someone whose time came too soon.

I salute my fellow hockey fans on this one- your actions do you great credit.

Old
10-06-2003, 03:01 AM
IronMarshal

Sad, sad, tragic news. So many lives affected.
Rest in peace Dan Snyder. My condolences to all who knew him.

Maybe the legacy of this traic event will be that some of these young stars will realize that they too are vulnerable, and further that they do not need these crazy fast cars in the US. Were can you drive a Porsche or Ferrari here? Life is too fragile and fleeting to take such unnecessary chances.
God Bless you Dan, God help you Dany.

Old
10-06-2003, 03:19 AM
Vedder

I was skipping from website to website very early this morning and saw a huge picture on him as I accidently went to CNNSI.com to here. I of course immediately felt a knot in my stomach as I thought why would that picture be so big on SI. To my worst nightmare I turned the page back and saw the news. Unbelievably sad. My thoughts go out to his family and friends and to Dany Heatley. This one seems to hit harder than all the rest even though I never followed Snyder's career. God Bless

Old
10-06-2003, 03:38 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
My wishes go out to the Snyder family, especially Dan's mom.

Old
10-06-2003, 03:41 AM
Buddha

Quote:
Nothing is so ridiculous as when someone starts acting all weepy about the misfortune of someone you don't even know. Condolences to the Snyder family and friends? You think that they will ever see this? No, you posted this to try and impress us with what a caring and senstitive person your are. Posts like this is all about the poster's vanity and not about Snyder's death.
Dear Mariano Snyder's brother has been known to be on this website from time to time. Also many people could have known or meet him thru his OHL days where the players are always active inside the community. No need to be an insensitive clod.

Old
10-06-2003, 03:43 AM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
absolutely awful news, my thoughts are with the Snyder family.

Old
10-06-2003, 03:48 AM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
tragic...simply tragic...

My heart goes to his family and parents...

I can't even fathom what it must be like to lose a child..and pray I never need to.. it is my biggest fear in life.

God bless them all.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Closed Thread