HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Funniest hockey moments

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2005, 02:36 PM
God Bless Canada

vCash: 500
If you guys want to hear some entertaining hockey stories, pick up any one of Brian McFarlane's "It Happened in Hockey" books. Some wildly entertaining stories, some of them from on the ice, some of them behind the scenes fare. A really good read.

Another good way is to find quality hockey speakers. I've had the opportunity to hear guys like Gerry Cheevers, Kelly Hrudey and Brian Burke. (Burkie, especially, is a hoot). I've heard lots of good things about Phil Esposito, Walter Gretzky, Tiger Williams, Chico Resch and Dennis Hull. (How can you not love a guy who named his book "I was the third-best Hull. I would have been fourth except they didn't let my sister Denise play.") Jeremy Roenick (who has given us lots of entertaining moments) is destined to become a favourite on the banquet circuit.

I think Eddie Shack could also be responsible for about a thousand inductions for this list.

Old
09-29-2005, 04:22 PM
MightyMite

Quote:
I forgot which player but a Hab giving the media the finger on a golf course and having it printed on the front page.
Guy Carbonneau

Old
10-05-2005, 03:02 PM
type_v

1996 series detroit-colorado

some detroit player dropped their stick near the bench and couldnt retrieve it lest he riskt getting a penalty for too many men. He tried to reach down to get it but I think Valery Kamensky pushed it away with his own stick. then some red wing came from the ice and took both sticks. When Kamensky demanded he get it back, the Detroit bench happily obliged after snapping the stick in two.

Closed Thread