HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rest in peace, Dan Snyder

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2003, 07:14 PM
RoyIsALegend*

vCash: 500
Rest in peace, Dan Snyder

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=56305

RIP Dan Snyder
February 23rd, 1978 - October 5th, 2003

Old
10-05-2003, 07:33 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Wow,

I can't believe this. My heart actually sank when I saw this on ESPN. I thought he would pull through. Such a shame that a promising young carrer and life could end like this. I hate to say it, but I don't see how Heatley can possibly get back on track with his own career. I can't imagine trying to play hockey, and look people in the eyes on the ice after this, because you know they are thinking about it. I don't see how any form of pasion for hockey can be regained by him. The article on ESPN had a Sgt in charge of the situation down there, saying that the charges will be updated, and will most likely be vehicular homicide. I just hope this situation can become a little less terrrible by hearing that they found out that it wasn't actually Heatley's fault somehow, so that two lives aren't ruined by this, but I think we would have heard about it by now. I can't imagine what is going through Heaqtley's mind right now. What a terrible situation. My heart goes out to the Snydor family. R.I.P. Dan Snydor, you have no worries now.

Old
10-05-2003, 07:51 PM
avalanchewillburyyou

vCash:
I got chills up and down my spine when I heard the report on the news. It makes no sense; why did this happen? Why is it always the passanger that dies? He will never get married or have children or win a Stanley Cup.... but he's in a better place. Dany Heatley will probably never be back to the form he was in last season; he'll have to recover from knee surgery, prision, and killing his friend. This is so traumatic. God be with Snyder's family and the Thrashers.

Old
10-05-2003, 08:07 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

This really has affected me. I'm really upset with all of this mess. I was shocked and tearful when I read the report on TSN. I only hope things somehow take a turn for the better......

Old
10-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Laperriere22*

I was very shocked to see this on ESPN's ticker as I was watching the Sweden/Canada soccer game. No lashing out at Heatley and no well wishes that could be perceived as insincere from me. This is a very dark day for hockey.

Old
10-05-2003, 08:19 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
I was very shocked to see this on ESPN's ticker as I was watching the Sweden/Canada soccer game. No lashing out at Heatley and no well wishes that could be perceived as insincere from me. This is a very dark day for hockey.
Ditto for me. My girlfriend text messaged me the report just as HF went down initially. I had this sneaking suspicion deep down inside that Snyder wouldn't make it (don't crucify my for having this natural instinct--and don't get me wrong, I was pulling for him 100%), but I didn't think that things looked good from the get go.

Unfortunately, I think Heatley's promising career is over. I don't know how he's going to handle himself, let alone beating all the charges that have stemmed from this incident.

Another blow to our great sport. That's all I've got t'nite ladies and gents. Please keep this thread clean, let the main board mods deal with all the anti-Heatley crap.

Old
10-05-2003, 08:36 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
Ditto for me. My girlfriend text messaged me the report just as HF went down initially. I had this sneaking suspicion deep down inside that Snyder wouldn't make it (don't crucify my for having this natural instinct--and don't get me wrong, I was pulling for him 100%), but I didn't think that things looked good from the get go.
I surely wouldn't express outrage at your comment. There's nothing wrong with what you said at all.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I think Heatley's promising career is over. I don't know how he's going to handle himself, let alone beating all the charges that have stemmed from this incident.
I feel pity for Heatley more than anything else because he has a hard road ahead of him. I wouldn't wish that road on but a few people.

Quote:
Please keep this thread clean, let the main board mods deal with all the anti-Heatley crap.
I hope it remains clean as well; I don't have the stomach for much more self-righteousness centering on Heatley and his current situation. I hope the NHL does the right thing and has a moment of silence before the games Wednesday at least.

Old
10-05-2003, 08:47 PM
Zodiac

Just terrible news.

I was thinking that Dan might pull through. I was pretty shocked to hear of his passing.

A very sad day.

Prayers and condolences to his family and friends.

Old
10-05-2003, 09:21 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
I hope it remains clean as well; I don't have the stomach for much more self-righteousness centering on Heatley and his current situation.
Have there been a lot of crucify Heatley comments going around on here, and other places? I havn't really noticed any ignorant comments like that, but I might have missed them just as easily. I couldn't understand the thought process behind that, unless it was from a friend or relative. Then I might see how emotion could get the bettter of someone.

Old
10-05-2003, 10:53 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Joe
I think I seen an Avs fan say " Burn in hell Heatley " .
No way. I hope your not joking, that's not much of a thing to joke about at this point. I can't believe an Avs fan would say that, we're usually pretty even tempered fans compared to most.

Old
10-05-2003, 11:59 PM
dempsey_k*

r.i.p. Snyder

I don't understand how people can shoot right past hypocrisy and pass judgement on Heatley. Heatley could be contemplating suicide right now, and there are people calling him a murderer for acting like James Dean. If Heatley were as unlucky as Snyder, would people still be calling him murderer ? If Snyder survived and Heatley didn't, would people be calling him an attempted murderer ? Has anybody calling Heatley a murderer ever done something so stupid it could have costed them their honor for the rest of their lives ? These are all rhetorical questions, I don't want to inflict this petty debate on our board and I don't care what those children baboons have to say.

Old
10-06-2003, 04:48 AM
Belgian Fan

Wow, Just got home and saw the bad news

How sad for Dan's family and friends...

And also, how horrible for Dany Heatly. He will have to live with this horrible feeling of guilt for the rest of his life, even though it's not his fault. Anyway, I hope and I'll make sure that there won't be any anti-Heatly talk here on this board, as it must be hard enough on Dany like that.

RIP Dan.

Old
10-06-2003, 05:29 AM
DarioinDenver

RIP Dan Synder.

Old
10-06-2003, 05:31 AM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
Wow,

I can't believe this. My heart actually sank when I saw this on ESPN. I thought he would pull through. Such a shame that a promising young carrer and life could end like this. I hate to say it, but I don't see how Heatley can possibly get back on track with his own career. I can't imagine trying to play hockey, and look people in the eyes on the ice after this, because you know they are thinking about it. I don't see how any form of pasion for hockey can be regained by him. The article on ESPN had a Sgt in charge of the situation down there, saying that the charges will be updated, and will most likely be vehicular homicide. I just hope this situation can become a little less terrrible by hearing that they found out that it wasn't actually Heatley's fault somehow, so that two lives aren't ruined by this, but I think we would have heard about it by now. I can't imagine what is going through Heaqtley's mind right now. What a terrible situation. My heart goes out to the Snydor family. R.I.P. Dan Snydor, you have no worries now.
Yeah, forget his career, he's going to have a hell of a time just staying out of prison now. I had a friend who had to serve 3 years for doing something similar. Danny will be lucky to get less, IMO.

Old
10-06-2003, 05:45 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
No way. I hope your not joking, that's not much of a thing to joke about at this point. I can't believe an Avs fan would say that, we're usually pretty even tempered fans compared to most.
yeah they did, i saw the post.

Old
10-06-2003, 06:58 AM
4hockey8

Our prayers and condolences to the Snyder family. Simply put, a tragedy that is going to affect at least 2 families directly, and the hockey family in general.

I never had the occasion to meet Dan Snyder, but I have met Dany Heatley; a class act who will have to bear a tremendous burden for the rest of his life. Once the legal issues are resolved in his lifetime, he will carry the emotional and spiritual burden than will most assuredly be worse than the legal.

We will have all affected parties in our thoughts and prayers.

Old
10-06-2003, 03:51 PM
Yayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydianSlip
I was thinking that Dan might pull through. I was pretty shocked to hear of his passing.
I as well. This is very sad news.

Closed Thread