HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Z40's top 100 list, 98th overall

View Poll Results: 97
Konstantin Pushkrayev 7 20.00%
Matt Carle 0 0%
Loui Eriksson 4 11.43%
Shawn Belle 7 20.00%
Nigel Dawes 2 5.71%
Lukas Kaspar 3 8.57%
Dennis Seidenberg 7 20.00%
Ryan Stone 1 2.86%
Mike Green 0 0%
Jeremy Colliton 0 0%
Jim Slater 0 0%
David LeNeveu 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-20-2005, 06:00 PM
  #1
Howard35
Registered User
 
Howard35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,330
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Z40's top 100 list, 98th overall

The Top 100 list:

1. Ilya Kovalchuk.............43......74.14% (2001)
2. Alexander Ovechkin......20......33.90% (2004)
3. Kari Lehtonen..............22......41.51% (2002)
4. Rick Nash...................22.......55.00% (2002)
5. Jason Spezza..............29.......51.79% (2001)
6. Jay Bouwmeester........18.......31.03% (2002)
7. Tuomo Ruutu..............23.......43.40% (2001)
8. Evgeny Malkin.............15.......26.79% (2004)
9. Joni Pitkanen..............16.......30.19% (2002)
10. Nikolai Zherdev..........20.......35.71% (2003)
11. Eric Staal.................24........41.38% (2003)
12. Dion Phaneuf............21........50.00% (2003)
13. Marc-Andre Fleury.....21........40.38% (2003)

14. Dan Hamhuis............17........31.48% (2001)
15. Ryan Suter..............18........36.00% (2003)
16. Nathan Horton..........17........34.00% (2003)
17. Thomas Vanek..........13........27.08% (2003)
18. Patrice Bergeron.......11........26.19% (2003)
19. Jeff Carter...............13........28.26% (2003)

20. Cameron Barker........12........27.91% (2004)
21. Hannu Toivonen.......14........32.56% (2002)
22. Dustin Brown...........17........39.53% (2003)
23. Ryan Getzlaf............12........24.00% (2003)

24. Joffrey Lupul...........15.........31.91% (2002)
25. Alexander Semin......23.........54.76% (2002)
26. Rostislav Olesz........16.........38.10% (2004)
27. Milan Michalek.........8..........20.00% (2003)
28. Mike Komisarek........9..........23.08% (2001)
29. Ales Hemsky...........12........26.67% (2001)
30. Zach Parise............19........34.55% (2003)
31. Braydon Coburn.......19........42.22% (2003)

32. Stephen Weiss........15........32.61% (2001)
33. Andrei Kostitsyn.......9.........18.00% (2003)
34. Denis Grebeshkov.....12........23.53%(2002)
35. Ryan Whitney...........8........17.02% (2002)
36. Fedor Tyutin...........11........24.44% (2001)
37. Stanislav Chistov.....10........23.26% (2001)
38. Lauri Tukonen..........14 ......25.00% (2004)
39. Mike Richards...........14.......34.15% (2003)
40. Alex Perezhogin........14......26.92% (2001)
41. Chuck Kobasew........12......26.67% (2001)
42. Shea Weber.............9....... 20.93% (2003)
43. Andrej Meszaros.......7........17.07% (2004)
44. Corey Perry.............10.......22.73% (2003)
45. Anton Babchuk........11........25.00% (2002)
46. Alexander Radulov.....13......27.08% (2004)
47. Mike Cammelleri........22......66.67% (2001)Tie breaker win vs. Carlo Colaiacovo
48. Carlo Colaiacovo.......15......30.61% (2001)
49. Ryan Kesler..............8.......19.51% (2003)
50. Mikko Koivu..............9.......19.57% (2001)
51. Scottie Upshall.........31......63.27% (2002) Tie breaker win Vs. Alexander Steen
52. Alexander Steen... ...13......25.49% (2002)
53. Igor Grigorenko.........10.....18.52%(2001)
54. P-M Bouchard..........14......29.79% (2002)
55. Chris Higgins............14......25.93%(2002)
56. Robbie Schremp.........9.......23.08% (2004)
57. Ladislav Smid............23......57.50% (2004) Tie-Breaker win Vs. Tim Gleason
58. Tim Gleason..............9........23.08% (2001)
59. Brent Seabrook..........9.......24.32% (2003)
60. Eric Fehr..................10......21.74% (2003)
61. Patrick O'Sullivan.......15......51.72% (2003) Tie Breaker win Vs. Mark Stuart
62. Cam Ward..................9.......25.00% (2002)
63. Mark Stuart..............15......42.86% (2003)
64. Alexander Picard.........7......18.92% (2004)
65. Anthony Stewart........9.......24.32% (2003)
66. Steve Eminger............9......19.15% (2002)
67. M-A Pouliot...............13.......27.08% (2003)
68. Marek Zidlicky...........14.......36.84% (2001)
69. Andrew Ladd.............15......28.30% (2004)
70. Matthew Stajan..........9......19.57% (2002)
71. Jeff Tambellini............12.....20.00% (2003)
72. Travis Zajac...............9......18.37% (2004)
73. Marek Schwarz...........20.....64.52% (2004) Tie breaker win Vs. Marcel Goc
74. Marcel Goc................10.....25.00% (2001)
75. Dan Fritsche..............13.....20.31% (2003)
76. Jiri Hudler..................11.....27.50% (2002)
77. Al Montoya................16.....53.33% (2004) Tie breaker win Vs. Steve Bernier
78. Kyle Chipchura.............9.....25.71% (2004)
79. Drew Stafford..............9.....23.08% (2004)
80. Steve Bernier.............12.....27.27% (2003)
81. Petteri Nokelainen.........7.....30.43% (2004)
82. A.J Thelen...................9.....30.00% (2004)
83. Brent Burns..................8.....28.57% (2004)
84. Derek Roy..................11.....27.50% (2001)
85. Sean Bergenheim.........8........22.86% (2002)
86. Christian Ehrhoff.........11.....23.91% (2001)
87. Tomas Plekanec..........13.....24.53% (2001)
88. Josh Harding...............9.....23.68% (2002)
89. Shaone Morrisonn.........6.....19.35% (2001)
90. Jeff Woywitka..............6.....19.35% (2001)
91. Patrick Eaves..............7.....18.92% (2003)
92. Hugh Jessiman.............7.....19.44% (2003)
93. James Howard.............17....53.13% (2003) (Won Tie Breaker Vs. Nigel Dawes)
94. Alexander Svitov.........5.....18.52% (2001)
95. Blake Wheeler................8.....20.51% (2004)
96. Pascal Leclaire................8.....19.05% (2001)
97. Wojtech Wolski..............9.....27.27% (2004)


remember to say who you wanna add in the next one...
Im picking: Konstantin Pushkrayev
Next added: David LeNeveu
Im gonna say add: Robert Nilsson

Possible picks to be added, four from each draft:
Petr Cajanek, Lukas Krajicek Jason Bacashihua, Mark Popovic, Aaron Johnson
Eric Nystrom, Keith Ballard, Petr Taticek
Tim Ramholt, Igor Mirnov, Stefan Meyer, Kevin Kleinl, Kevin Nastliuk
Devan Dubnyk, Kris Chucko, Chris Bourque,

Howard35 is offline  
Old
09-20-2005, 07:08 PM
  #2
tiredman
Registered User
 
tiredman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ville de Québec
Country:
Posts: 4,975
vCash: 500
Seidenberg

add Dubnyk

tiredman is offline  
Old
09-20-2005, 08:58 PM
  #3
KH1
Registered User
 
KH1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Under the cap floor
Country: United States
Posts: 16,018
vCash: 500
Pushkrayev.

I think I'm gonna blow a gasket if Nilsson isn't finally added to this poll--tonight's preseason game (2 primary assists to Yashin and Zhitnik) should be more evidence.

KH1 is offline  
Old
09-20-2005, 09:32 PM
  #4
Chief_10
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 104
vCash: 500
LeNeveu

add Dubnyk

Chief_10 is offline  
Old
09-20-2005, 10:07 PM
  #5
windowlicker
Registered User
 
windowlicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Murky Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Interesting..... On the last poll, there were 3 votes for Dubnyk to be added next & 2 for LeNeveu, yet LeNeveu gets added.

windowlicker is offline  
Old
09-21-2005, 01:29 AM
  #6
Howard35
Registered User
 
Howard35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,330
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker
Interesting..... On the last poll, there were 3 votes for Dubnyk to be added next & 2 for LeNeveu, yet LeNeveu gets added.
u might wanna go back, there was 3 to both of them and i always take if theres a tie, the first to that number wins... DL got there before Dubnyk thus i took him...

Howard35 is offline  
Old
09-21-2005, 01:22 PM
  #7
12# Peter Bondra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 8,688
vCash: 500
Belle, add Dubnyk.

12# Peter Bondra is offline  
Old
09-21-2005, 01:41 PM
  #8
God Bless Canada
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bentley reunion
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henry I
Pushkrayev.

I think I'm gonna blow a gasket if Nilsson isn't finally added to this poll--tonight's preseason game (2 primary assists to Yashin and Zhitnik) should be more evidence.

You're citing a pre-season game? That's the worst argument I've seen in this poll. Why don't you just brag about a play Nilsson made while playing pee-wee hockey? Heck, I'd take the pee-wee play more seriously than the pre-season displays of magic. Nilsson will need a serious injection of determination and character to survive in the NHL.

Belle, for crying out loud. Last I checked, he was on HF's top 50, voted on by the best and the brightest of this site. Pushkrayev, Wolski and Wheeler weren't even HMs. Add Dubnyk.

God Bless Canada is offline  
Old
09-21-2005, 03:12 PM
  #9
barfy2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Whitby, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 500
belle. kids gonna be good.


add dubnyk.

barfy2000 is offline  
Old
09-21-2005, 03:31 PM
  #10
AlienWorkShop
No Ben! No!
 
AlienWorkShop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,180
vCash: 500
Shawn Belle

Add Wellwood!

AlienWorkShop is online now  
Old
09-21-2005, 05:13 PM
  #11
KH1
Registered User
 
KH1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Under the cap floor
Country: United States
Posts: 16,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada
You're citing a pre-season game? That's the worst argument I've seen in this poll. Why don't you just brag about a play Nilsson made while playing pee-wee hockey? Heck, I'd take the pee-wee play more seriously than the pre-season displays of magic. Nilsson will need a serious injection of determination and character to survive in the NHL.
I'm actually citing his amazing camp and phenomonal skill. His great preseason game was just gravy--there's a reason that he was a first round pick 2 years ago. The reason that he has taken a nose dive in prospect rankings is that he couldn't get playing time in the SEL, first because his team needed to play veterans to avoid getting moved down and then because his team added NHL players from the lockout.

The guy is drafted in the middle of the first round...is skilled enough and is preforming well enough to be placed on the first line with all-stars Miroslav Satan and Alexei Yashin...yet if he even makes it on this list he'd be the 4th Islander? That's just ridiculous.

KH1 is offline  
Old
09-21-2005, 05:31 PM
  #12
God Bless Canada
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bentley reunion
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henry I
I'm actually citing his amazing camp and phenomonal skill. His great preseason game was just gravy--there's a reason that he was a first round pick 2 years ago. The reason that he has taken a nose dive in prospect rankings is that he couldn't get playing time in the SEL, first because his team needed to play veterans to avoid getting moved down and then because his team added NHL players from the lockout.

The guy is drafted in the middle of the first round...is skilled enough and is preforming well enough to be placed on the first line with all-stars Miroslav Satan and Alexei Yashin...yet if he even makes it on this list he'd be the 4th Islander? That's just ridiculous.
I didn't deny the kid's skill level. Setting an SEL scoring record for 18-year-olds is proof of his talent. I questioned his heart, determination and intensity. (And trust me, I'm not the first to do this). I don't care if he has had a great camp, or made a couple pretty plays in an irrelevant game. His intensity has been known to waver.

Oh, and Jesper Mattson and Mats Lindgren were high-skilled forwards picked in the middle of the first round of a strong draft. What's your point?

God Bless Canada is offline  
Old
09-21-2005, 05:38 PM
  #13
KH1
Registered User
 
KH1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Under the cap floor
Country: United States
Posts: 16,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada
I didn't deny the kid's skill level. Setting an SEL scoring record for 18-year-olds is proof of his talent. I questioned his heart, determination and intensity. (And trust me, I'm not the first to do this). I don't care if he has had a great camp, or made a couple pretty plays in an irrelevant game. His intensity has been known to waver.

Oh, and Jesper Mattson and Mats Lindgren were high-skilled forwards picked in the middle of the first round of a strong draft. What's your point?
Aside from a select few NHLers at the top of the list, none of these prospects have proven anything. Most of the rankings are determined by whether or not players have gone on streaks against inferior competition--Nilsson hasn't gotten that opportunity at all. So my point is that to rank so many far less skilled players above a highly skilled player who hasn't gotten an opportunity is a little bit foolish.

KH1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.