HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I know this is Bold but...

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2005, 07:27 PM
10 ft. pole

vCash: 500
I know this is Bold but...

After watching Anze a couple of times and after hearing about how highly DT and AM are on him. I think he may wind up being better than Frolov! The kid just seems to be playing at another level. I think we may have wound about with second best player in the draft at least!

Old
09-20-2005, 07:38 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole
After watching Anze a couple of times and after hearing about how highly DT and AM are on him. I think he may wind up being better than Frolov! The kid just seems to be playing at another level. I think we may have wound about with second best player in the draft at least!
Oh, I don't think it's *that* bold. It's more along the lines of *accurate* than *bold*.

:-)

Old
09-20-2005, 08:00 PM
Osprey

It's certainly quite possible. Anze slipped in the draft to 11th, but remember that Alex slipped all the way to 20th. Also, a few people have commented that they feel that Anze is more developed now than Alex was at his first camp. It'll all come down to development and what the next couple of years bring for Kopitar. I'm guessing that, if potential is realized, he won't ever beat Frolov at goal-scoring, but he might become that more well-rounded 1st-line center (ala Sundin) that most people value more highly than scoring wingers. I agree with Daleks that it's not so much a bold prediction to suggest that Anze may be better than Alex. It's wishful, but quite possible. Cross your fingers.

Old
09-20-2005, 08:01 PM
KINGLEWOOD

I wouldn't be surprised if he did end up better than Frolov. I remember reading a scouting report on Anze saying, dont be surprised if he becomes the 2nd best player to come out of this draft. Behind Crosby of course. Bottom line, we've needed a prospect like Anze at center for a while, I can totally see a top line of Frolov-Kopitar-Brown.

Old
09-20-2005, 08:07 PM
McSorley 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGLEWOOD
I wouldn't be surprised if he did end up better than Frolov. I remember reading a scouting report on Anze saying, dont be surprised if he becomes the 2nd best player to come out of this draft. Behind Crosby of course. Bottom line, we've needed a prospect like Anze at center for a while, I can totally see a top line of Frolov-Kopitar-Brown.

Then Brian Boyle will play our second line (center). Like everybody else, I really like this team.

Old
09-20-2005, 08:19 PM
jfont

Awards:
I've read rumors that if setaguchi and kopitar were still at the board last draft day, the kings would have chosen setaguchi...

anyone else heard this?

09-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
I've read rumors that if setoguchi and kopitar were still at the board last draft day, the kings would have chosen setoguchi...
Interesting. Before SJ moved up in the draft, the Kings picked immediately before the Sharks. If the Sharks had thought that the Kings might be high on Setoguchi, then that could be an explanation for why they moved up to snag him. I'm glad that SJ did that. Though Setoguchi was the safer choice, the last weeks have already proven (for the most part) to Kings fans that the concerns about Kopitar's nationality are mostly baseless fears. Without them, he was a consensus #6 pick, at least 4 slots ahead of where Setoguchi was ranked. They both seem to be really good players, but, having now had Anze at camp, I think the Kings made the right choice.

Last edited by Osprey: 09-20-2005 at 08:51 PM.
Old
09-20-2005, 08:49 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
That rumor about Setoguchi is not true. It's just something the Sharks scout thought.

Old
09-21-2005, 01:47 AM
PuckHead27

Ironically Setoguchi scored against the Kings on Sunday.

Old
09-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Venom_17

I would rather have Anze...but I've watched Devon in Saskatoon and he has speed and an UNreal slapper.

Closed Thread